Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

Fantastic !

I found this already too, a few minues ago :) !

Look what i just found:

Video:
http://player.vimeo.com/video/90692617

prt_480x270_1396464599.jpg

bestuneverheard.png

Source:
http://www.chriscarboni.com/Epic-Records-Michael-Jackson-s-Xscape

I see deference between the 2 pics and its great

does anyone like the police sirens in the beginning of Xscape ? Hopefully they get rid of that on the new version.

I love the sirens and all the other sound effects on escape..I pray to god they dont get rid of them..mj wanted them on the track so theres no reason they should get rid if them..

I love the ad! Very retro yet modern.

^^ Love it! So old school :D

I would love to see those style of ads all over my town :D

Wonder what the pointing is about in the picture? The first one has a drawing of him in it and he's pointing, not sure what that's about. Cool add though, can't wait for new music!!!

They're bringing back MJ with style! Love it.

OMJ, this new add is gorgeous, artistic and modern at the same time! :woohoo:

How I wish that was the actual cover instead!

I love it! Can't stop playing it.

I have a really positive feeling we will get some more news tomoz, regarding tracklistin or even single news :)
Thats brilliant by the way

That's an awesome promo short! They're really doing this justice this time around.

Looks like a BOTDF pic.

OMJ, this new add is gorgeous, artistic and modern at the same time! :woohoo:

How I wish that was the actual cover instead!

Seriously! That'd be a much better choice, I just think it's so cool...It brings a sense of nostalgia, but still modern :D

Last edited:

It's badass indeed! I bet many more people would be happier if that was the cover.

Of course. But when I'm at home I prefer listen to CDs. Don't know why. Maybe it's just an old habit.

Me too!! I listen to cds in the house and use ipod/ipad when I am on the go.

Indeed seems from BOTDF but the add is beautifully made either way. I love it much more than the first one, it really captivates and catches your attention.

So we figured it out ? The cover artwork is from BODF ?

To whomever said to get rid of the sirens in the opening of Xscape (the song), I completely disagree.. I hope the sirens and helicopter sounds are left in (although maybe lowered in volume a bit) because I love the cinematic aura it creates right at the start of the song.. Like letting the listener know from the get-go that this is a hard hitting, powerful song that needs to be heard...

Two random thoughts about the tracklist... One positive, one negative...

The positive: I am so glad that, after all these years, the song Xscape is finally getting a commercial release. I always felt that song was too strong to just simply exist on Youtube in bad quality forever.

The negative: I really resent the inclusion of Love Never Felt So Good. Not only is the song distinctly average, but also, it is only being included because of a business agreement between John McClain and Paul Anka after Anka got screwed over the royalties for TII. I resent that the estate are making these kind of deals with songwriters and producers. The decisions about what to release should be based on the strength and quality of Michael's work, not anything else.

How do you know LNFSG is added to this album because of business agreement? Paul A released a duets album last year, and This Is It with Mj was in it, so I think TII in his album was the only agreement between Anka and Estate.

I guess it's (partly) speculation, but my opinion is the same.
The way I see it, Anka was acting like a total a**hole back then, and the estate certainly made some deal to "please" him/shut him up (speculation on my part: changed TII credits, extra money for the usage of the "stolen" TII song in the movie, approval for release of "his" cheesy and badly mixed duet version with Michaels parts at low volume, LNFSG on next album)

Last edited:
Back