Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

Why are people caring if they call the new mixes 'originals' so much? I mean when it comes down to it it doesn't change the fact the demos ezhisit and will be released..

Secondly legally standing what ever version is released as the original is the original been if 10 mixes were done since the demo... demos evolve even mj changed several.. listen to the instrumentals of dangerous demo, very different.. v ut what we hear on thw album is considered the original... thow technically ots not..

I understand we want the original to be closest to what mj planned to release but we really dont know how much he would have changed it.. even song like sttr, we only heard a mixed version and have no idea what mjs last version sounds like. Ot is possible the one on xscape is closer to mjs idea than the leaked version.. we dont know

hey people stop naming it a mix. its the original song/version/demo.

When you do a mix then it is a mix. Billie Jean had over 50 different mixes for example. Or Jam mix that leaked, i think it was mix #47 or something like that. You record every instrument and vocals. Then you mix them.

So yes Xscape is 2002 mix because Michael mixed the multitracks in 2002 after Invincible.

Just like they did 2008 mix of A Place With No Name.

Problem is that some fans call new album versions remixes. They are not remixes. They are the new mixes or better new versions. When they release the album then DJs will do remixes (like DJ Chuckie Hollywood Tonight Remix). So you'll have the original version of the song (it can be a demo or finished recording), the new/album version of the song and the remix version of the song. 3 completely different things!

And Xscape is definitely NOT a demo. It is finished recording. Love Never Felt So Good is a demo. Or Hollywood Tonight demo.

Last edited:

I don't think it's the original demo. It may have been Michaels final mix but even that is unknown.

sure its the original one. mjs work.
a mix is what they are releasing this year.

Who cares?? Some people call then remixes, some people call them new mixes, some people call them originals. At the end of the day, its all personal preference, jesus. And technically, anything thats altered from an original released version of the song is classified as a remix. Only reason one can argue that the new Xscape isn't a remix is because the one we already have was never officially released.

When you do a mix then it is a mix. Billie Jean had over 50 different mixes for example. Or Jam mix that leaked, i think it was mix #47 or something like that. You record every instrument and vocals. Then you mix them.

So yes Xscape is 2002 mix because Michael mixed the multitracks in 2002 after Invincible.

Just like they did 2008 mix of A Place With No Name.

Problem is that some fans call new album versions remixes. They are not remixes. They are the new mixes or better new versions. When they release the album then DJs will do remixes (like DJ Chuckie Hollywood Tonight Remix). So you'll have the original version of the song (it can be a demo or finished recording), the new/album version of the song and the remix version of the song. 3 completely different things!

And Xscape is definitely NOT a demo. It is finished recording. Love Never Felt So Good is a demo. Or Hollywood Tonight demo.

i want to know what u are smoking.
EDIT: i see u are on heavy drugs, my friend.

Watch your tone.

stop acting like a mod or admin. and dont intrude into something thats not your business.

Last edited:
ChrisC;3981629 said:
^Very good.

Anyway, hasitleaked.com are reporting a full album leak. Anyone can corroborate that?

01 – Love Never Felt So Good
02 – She Was Loving Me
03 – I Was The Loser
04 – A Place With No Name
05 – Do You Know Where Your Children Are
06 – Slave to the Rhythm
07 – Blue Gangster
08 – Xscape
09 – All I Need
10 – I Have This Dream

full of fakes and upconverted cutted tracks

^^Michael asked Bruce Swedien to mix Billie Jean over 90 times, Quincy Jones stopped them and chose the mix no. 5, the killer version we know (the only good think he did for Billie Jean.) Probably a mx refers how music engrnieers make the instruments of the song to sound.

The definition of a remix is "a song that has been edited or completely recreated to sound different from the original version". I'm hesitant to call the Xscape cuts remixes as that makes it appear that the songs were completely rearranged when some of them weren't.

sure its the original one. mjs work.
a mix is what they are releasing this year.

The definition of "original" is "first or earliest." The version of Escape that leaked is not the first version that Michael produced. The version of A Place With No Name that leaked is not the first version that Michael produced. Same goes for Hollywood Tonight and Do You Know Where Your Children Are.

Who cares?? Some people call then remixes, some people call them new mixes, some people call them originals. At the end of the day, its all personal preference, jesus. And technically, anything thats altered from an original released version of the song is classified as a remix. Only reason one can argue that the new Xscape isn't a remix is because the one we already have was never officially released.

who cares? oh ha, when even the fans dont care about to recude a michael jackson song, and call its simply a mix or remix. bhuu. :puke:
every michael jackson track, if its the 10th or the 90th version of it, and michael jackson personally worked on it, is a original version. and if some other goes into a studio and change that song, then its a mix, remix... and that is what happened with this album remixes, created by these producers.

The definition of a remix is "a song that has been edited or completely recreated to sound different from the original version". I'm hesitant to call the Xscape cuts remixes as that makes it appear that the songs were completely rearranged when some of them weren't.

The definition of "original" is "first or earliest." The version of Escape that leaked is not the first version that Michael produced. The version of A Place With No Name that leaked is not the first version that Michael produced. Same goes for Hollywood Tonight and Do You Know Where Your Children Are.

thats no news.
and that does not change what was said. michael jackson work is original, and these crap mixes on this albums are just mixes.

Last edited:
mjchris;3981712 said:
02 – She Was Loving Me
03 – I Was The Loser
06 – Slave to the Rhythm
07 – Blue Gangster
08 – Xscape
09 – All I Need
10 – I Have This Dream

I know this is a kinda naive question and slightly off topic, but I just wondered if a full vocal version of "I have this dream" exists? Did Michael ever record the vocal in full? Xx

I know this is a kinda naive question and slightly off topic, but I just wondered if a full vocal version of "I have this dream" exists? Did Michael ever record the vocal in full? Xx

I Have This Dream exists in two versions: an all star version (unfinished) and Michael's demo recording, which he sent to those involved in the aforementioned all star version. To my knowledge, Prince Abdullah of Bahrain won't allow its release.

News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

If I'm "smoking something" then you are on heavy drugs. My friend.

Please keep it friendly my fellow fans! :D

I think it's cool that people are talking about the album and the 2002 mix (yes, that's what you call a mix down from multitracks, one can make several mixdowns from a multitrack recording. That is leveling all the instruments to a natural dynamic. Engineering is making sound a certain instrument a certain way).

The talk about this release is actually promotion for the final album release. This is all part of great marketing.

;)

i want to know what u are smoking.

Watch your tone.

I love your screen name lol!

RThis discussion makes me wonder if we'll have the raw demos (early stages of the songs) or the final mixes/versions Michael worked on. Even if the leaked tracks aren't the first versions, they'd still being original if we have the songs as Mike left them the last time.

Last edited:

This discussion makes me wonder if we'll the raw demos (early stages of the songs) or the final mixes/versions Michael worked on. Even if the leaked tracks aren't the first versions, they'd still being original if we have the songs as Mike left them the last time.

I think we'll get the latest version, but I wouldn't mind if they'd give us several versions/stages of the songs on an additional disc

On the original thing, I mean when people make covers or remixes, don't we call it original version? The producers involved in this project are gonna give us remixes. Judging the Xscape snippet, it sounds completely different from the version we know.

My opinion:

Whatever Michael left weather is completed recording (like Blue Gangsta, Xscape, A Place With No Name - 1998 mix or 2008 mix...) or demo recording (like Hollywood Tonight Demo, Love Never Felt So Good Demo...) THAT IS ORIGINAL VERSION. Nothing else.

Mixes done after MJ died, mixes that will be officially released on Xscape album, mixes from MICHAEL album (like Teddy Riley's Hollywood Tonight mix or John McClain's Behind the Mask or Much Too Soon mixes) or John McClain's This Is It mix are not Original Versions, nor remixes. THOSE ARE NEW VERSIONS or ALBUM VERSIONS.

When they release remix albums (Immortal or Bad25 remixes by Afrojack and Nero) or singles they re-mix the songs to make remixes (like Hollywood Tonight remixes by DJ Chuckie...). THOSE ARE REMIX VERSIONS OR REMIXES.

album version, original version, remix, new mix, demo version, studio version, rough mix, edit, extended version, extended dance mix, 7 edit, 12 version, radio edit, dance mix dub edit...

pledit mixi maxi moxi roxi rexi dixi - keep calm people, everything will be fine!

WE JUST WANT XSCAPE!

album version, original version, remix, new mix, demo version, studio version, rough mix, edit, extended version, extended dance mix, 7 edit, 12 version, radio edit, dance mix dub edit...

pledit mixi maxi moxi roxi rexi dixi - keep calm people, everything will be fine!

WE JUST WANT XSCAPE!

bahahahaaaaaaaaaa.....love this!

I Have This Dream exists in two versions: an all star version (unfinished) and Michael's demo recording, which he sent to those involved in the aforementioned all star version. To my knowledge, Prince Abdullah of Bahrain won't allow its release.

Damn, really wanna hear this song. But I suppose it's verly unlikely that the all star version is gonna be released, needing the "go" from so many different artists.
By the way, why does the Estate need the prince's permission to release the demo? Is he a co-writer? Or does he own every single demo MJ recorded in Bahrain?

On topic: I hope there will be an announcement about the first single on Monday! The likelihood increases everyday we get closer to the album :D

WE JUST WANT XSCAPE!

I know. It bothers me that some fans dismiss this updated versions just because Michael wasn't the one who finished them. Some fans call them remixes (I'm not talking semantics right now, I really don't care, call them whatever you like) just to dismiss or diminish them.. without even hearing them. Some fans saying they won't even listen the new versions and are comparing them to will.i.am remixes he did for Thriller 25 or Afrojack remix of Bad. That bothers me, not semantics. The point is: give new versions a chance before you dismiss them completely. If you don't like them that's OK, but you have to hear the song first (song, not 15 sec snippet, not 1:30 min snippet with just music and chorus, full song!) to be able to say if you like it or not and if the song is "crap" or not. Just because Michael isn't the one who finished them (because he died/was killed actually) doesn't mean that the song is not good or that is worse than original version or that is "crap". It will never be the original and original is always original but it can be both, better and worse than original.

I'm hoping for an update or single release ASAP! Perhaps then the whole remix/original conversation will stop, it's making me feel dizzy!! X

If the songs sound better will they be "originals" then? Haha..

Excluding those who will deny that it would sound better no matter how unfinished mjs version is or how heart the new mixes are..

mjchris;3981712 said:
02 – She Was Loving Me
03 – I Was The Loser
06 – Slave to the Rhythm
07 – Blue Gangster
08 – Xscape
09 – All I Need
10 – I Have This Dream

On 2 torrent sites it says that this is the tracklisting, but both sites have comments by users stating they are the songs we already have. So far... it hasn't leaked

I really don't understand why there has yet to be a single release. I assume they know what they are doing, but I am ready for new Michael Jackson music!

@Onir:

My roxi toxi diggle dangle wasn't directed at you personally...

Just the whole discussion!

And i'm feeling the same as you do. It doesn't really matter, as long as it's done with style & taste & that it's good in the end (most important)!

A good example will be "Love Never Felt So Good", that's what i believe at least.
IMHO this was a tiny little piece MJ did, i never felt that it could grow into something bigger & if they did that, if they really managed to do something great with it, i'd be majorly surprised/overwhelmed.
And of course i wouldn't mind that the new version (in this case) would be the better one, if it should actually be that way.

I will definitely listen to the "contemporized" versions to have a complete opinion but based on what Timbaland has been doing lately, (to mention an example) is repetitive and crappy. He may be your favorite producer but not mine.

who cares? oh ha, when even the fans dont care about to recude a michael jackson song, and call its simply a mix or remix. bhuu. :puke:
every michael jackson track, if its the 10th or the 90th version of it, and michael jackson personally worked on it, is a original version. and if some other goes into a studio and change that song, then its a mix, remix... and that is what happened with this album remixes, created by these producers.

Yes, who cares? Clearly only you and maybe Onir. As said, its all personal preference as neither person is right or wrong. And at the end of the day, you shouldn't concern yourself with what someone else labels the song as, as long as the music is enjoyed. Michael has remixed his own music, therefore, are those original versions simply because it was last touched by him? Nope. The album version of Xscape is definitively a remix, but some can argue it isn't because Michaels last worked version was never officially released.

And a song doesn't have to be completely rearranged to be classified as a remix, different instrumentation, an added bridge, new vocals brought about by new artist features all make a "remix". Just throwing that out there.

Regardless, arguing about it is senseless. People are going to refer to these songs as whatever they want, it's their prerogative as a listener and fan. Someone calling these songs the originals, remixes, album mix, throwback mix, kidz bop mix, it doesn't affect you personally. It doesn't effect the Estate and it surely doesn't effect the money these songs will bring it. Therefore, arguments are pointless, buy the album, enjoy it and stop worry about whether someone called the songs the originals, new mixes or not.

When that album drops... Boooom! :wild:
BJCPH.gif

Back