Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

They are releasing 3 singles and they are wasting one place with Love Never Felt So Good. I'll never understand it.

Oh my god I am SOOO excited for what is to come! the KING is BACK! :)

anilsai;3984766 said:
Source : http://www.malibufanclub.de/hp/index.php/malibuforum/news/852-malibu-beim-xscape-listening-in-la

Jasmina
Co-Leader
MALIBU Michael Jackson & Family Fan Club Germany

Sylvia Rhone, CEO of Sony Music, [was] also attending the event.

.... and from what I can say she is an MJ Fan and loves him!

So, there´s no „Sony sucks“ anymore but „Sony loves MJ“!

That's important to note. There is still a portion of fans, I believe, that has a problem with Sony. Maybe knowing this will help.

Hmmm. 3 singles
Soo.
First will be LNFSG 100% and last "Xscape", IMO ofc. The second one should be Chicago.

I haven't even heard the album, but after reading all these reviews, especially from these representatives of our Fan Communities, makes me just so proud-feeling of Michael!

Does it for you guys, too?

Kinda emotional picturing John Branca and the others celebrating his music together by getting up and dancing in free expression. What a wonderful thing. How joyous; how lightening of heart. :)

according to the reviews, we have 8 number one tracks on one album....

They are releasing 3 singles and they are wasting one place with Love Never Felt So Good. I'll never understand it.

Onir, of course I respect your opinion, but I don't understand it. You're basing your opinion on Love Never Felt So Good based on the piano and vocal demo that's been around since 2002. There has not been a single negative review on that song from anyone who has heard it. It's supposed to fit a current disco/pop beat, which is primed for the charts nowadays. Even if you don't like the song (which you can't say to be quite honest considering you haven't heard it in its final version), it is the perfect release for a debut single. The follow up should undoubtedly be Chicago.

It's like me when I say that I think Slave to the Rhythm is overrated. My opinion isn't justified because I haven't heard the final version, only an alternate one.

Onir, of course I respect your opinion, but I don't understand it. You're basing your opinion on Love Never Felt So Good based on the piano and vocal demo that's been around since 2002. There has not been a single negative review on that song from anyone who has heard it. It's supposed to fit a current disco/pop beat, which is primed for the charts nowadays. Even if you don't like the song (which you can't say to be quite honest considering you haven't heard it in its final version), it is the perfect release for a debut single. The follow up should undoubtedly be Chicago.

It's like me when I say that I think Slave to the Rhythm is overrated. My opinion isn't justified because I haven't heard the final version, only an alternate one.

I explained it already. I love the song but because of the fact that there are at least 6 better songs on the album with much better, stronger and clearer vocals I can not understand it.

I explained it already. I love the song but because of the fact that there are at least 6 better songs on the album with much better, stronger and clearer vocals I can not understand it.

For one, as I've said, the current fad on the charts is disco and old school funk. From what reviews have stated, this song fits that niche perfectly. If they want an immediate top 10 hit they need to go with what's most popular at the time.

Secondly, as I've said, releasing the strongest song as the debut single is foolish. It just makes every song after it sound weak.

Onir, of course I respect your opinion, but I don't understand it. You're basing your opinion on Love Never Felt So Good based on the piano and vocal demo that's been around since 2002. There has not been a single negative review on that song from anyone who has heard it. It's supposed to fit a current disco/pop beat, which is primed for the charts nowadays.

I completely agree.. as the first single I can see it getting constant radio play here in Michigan cause most of the casual fans here only listen to his Off the Wall and Thriller material sad to say.
The Michael album I don't recall much radio play, I've maybe heard "Hold My Hand" once.. same for "This Is It" but Love Never Felt So Good should definitely be the first single because even the demo is radio friendly imo.

Slave to the Rhythm should be the last single with it being a club track.. I believe it will be the most popular here (clubs + radio play)

If I were able to delete every post where you have expressed your opinion on this song, I think I could reduce this thread by half it's size.

I get it, you don't agree that a song you have never heard in this format should be released ahead of Chicago, another song you have never heard.

This conversation was done fifteen pages ago. Its tiresome now :-(

No one was at any listening party from this forum?

If I were able to delete every post where you have expressed your opinion on this song, I think I could reduce this thread by half it's size.

I get it, you don't agree that a song you have never heard in this format should be released ahead of Chicago, another song you have never heard.

This conversation was done fifteen pages ago. Its tiresome now :-(

Chicago or any other song with proper studio vocals. Not demo vocals. Yes.

And the confusion about Chicago/She Was Loving Me/Loving You continues..... lol Even the fans can't get it right.

So LNFSG album version will have Different or new vocals ?

I agree the vocals on LNFSG are extremely young sounding compared to older, aggressive vocals on other tracks. To get a "step" sound, the contemporized version will be mid tempo (as said in reviews). I do wonder if the producers of the track slowed down Michael's vocals or lowered the tone. A non-aggressive song is the likely choice for an audience that has not heard Michael on a hit song in some time.

Personally I appreciate a difference of opinion so I can weigh the merits of that view. If everyone agreed, there would be no diversity in views and the thread would have one post.

So LNFSG album version will have Different or new vocals ?

Same vocals as on the leaked Demo. They didn't have the multitracks. Just one tape with vocals, piano and finger snaps.

Same vocals as on leaked Demo. They didn't have the multitracks. Just one tape with vocals, piano and finger snaps.

Yes and i think they have a deal with Anka to release one more song from his work with MJ, and they release this song only for close the deal. Think about it, why they choose this song(demon on tape without multitracks) when on vault is more songs, with finished vocals and multitracks(example CGYWOM).

I don't say any negative about LNFSG and I don't have problem when it will be first single, because I know that it will be a good song :)

I only say this is so suspicious :)

Same vocals as on the leaked Demo. They didn't have the multitracks. Just one tape with vocals, piano and finger snaps.
I'm not sure... In one of the first reviews I've read, the person said that the vocals were good...
But it's bedtime for me, not going to look it up and reread it until tomorrow... :).
Sleep softly...

Yes and i think they have a deal with Anka to release one more song from his work with MJ, and they release this song only for close the deal. Think about it, why they choose this song(demon on tape without multitracks) when on vault is more songs, with finished vocals and multitracks(example CGYWOM).

As I've said several times on this page, the estate doesn't have a deal with Anka to release any of his songs. John McClain has wanted Love Never Felt So Good released for years; he pushed for it to be included on Michael but he was overruled. It's simply a case of someone feeling the song has release potential. The only deal the estate has with Anka is to give him 50% of the royalties that the song This Is It makes.

My reaction when I will hear first single on radio for first time
shock2.gif

I don't say any negative about LNFSG and I don't have problem when it will be first single, because I know that it will be a good song :)

I only say this is so suspicious :)

There is no deal with Anka. But John McClain obviously has more power than others there so his song has to be the first single.

I'm not sure... In one of the first reviews I've read, the person said that the vocals were good...
But it's bedtime for me, not going to look it up and reread it until tomorrow... :).
Sleep softly...

Yeah, a journalist who probably like just Off The Wall and Thriller.

There is no deal with Anka. But John McClain obviously has more power than others there so his song has to be the first single.

Onir, I'm sorry, but this is not the case at all. As I've said numerous other times, just because Love Never Felt So Good isn't the strongest song on the album does not mean that it doesn't deserve to be a single. It fits the current niche of disco music topping the charts and has the best chance at doing well. I sound like a broken record at this point.

Yeah, a journalist who probably like just Off The Wall and Thriller.

Every review has praised Love Never Felt So Good. Fans, critics, skeptics. It's not a case of being biased to either album/era. It's simply because the final version of the song is that good.

Seriously! They are doing EVERYTHING right with this album! BERNIE GRUNDMAN!!

Imagine the original demos with a Bernie GRUNDMAN master!!! Man, man, man...

I am so proud of Sony and the Estate this time around. They are killing it!

Thank you L.A. Reid for listening to us. You took an approach which is EXACTLY like Michael would have done.

This is awesome... Really awesome.

I'm not very good at the music ins and outs, so can you explain what mastering means? How does the record change if you master as opposed if you don't?

Onir, I'm sorry, but this is not the case at all. As I've said numerous other times, just because Love Never Felt So Good isn't the strongest song on the album does not mean that it doesn't deserve to be a single. It fits the current niche of disco music topping the charts and has the best chance at doing well. I sound like a broken record at this point.

Every review has praised Love Never Felt So Good. Fans, critics, skeptics. It's not a case of being biased to either album/era. It's simply because the final version of the song is that good.

1. My opinion. I'm 100% sure that is the case here.

2. Vocals. Not the song. Demo vocals.

Back