Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

Sooo we must wait till next week. :/

These days have been going by so fast as of late! It seems like just yesterday when this album was announced.. And now it's only 27 days until release!!! Very exciting times, looking forward to checking out the contemporized versions and then the Demo's! I listened to the Dangerous Court Case from 1994 last night and Michael himself agreed with Teddy Riley in regards to Dangerous not being contemporary enough on the original version.. He also said "I don't like the word hip hop but that's what we were going for" or something very similar.. It's gonna be a great experience!

Stuck here in an office with the sun BEATING down outside for the first time in what seems like DECADES and I'm STILL waiting to hear some new MJ killers!!!!

Mother of God how time is dragging!!!!!! Bring on the tunes, yyeeeeeeeooooow! :clap:

So, I tried to reply on this yesterday twice, but a mod still needs to approve it I think.

What i'm wondering is, when you say unleaked, does that mean I can't know it?

I say this because there are at least 4 on this list I already know complete or partially I think.
Aren't some of the lyrics the following??

Love never felt so good: baby, love never felt so good, and i'm dying if it ever could... etc. Right?
A place with no name: Take me to, a place without, no name... etc. Right?
Slave To The Rhythm. She dances in these sheets at nights. She dances to his needs. etc. Right?
XScape. Everywhere I turn, no matter where I look. The systems in control, it's all ran by the book. etc Right????

So if I'm right, how so do I read people on here saying billions of people haven't heard any ogf these new tracks?????

So, there you have it. Hopefully a mod will approve this message soon......

Well, you're apart of Michael's hardcore fan community that uses forums. Not all fans do, and therefore most of them have not heard these songs. So, to billions of people, these are all actually brand new songs that have not been heard. To a few hundred fans, they aren't.

By "unleaked," I mean that no one has heard it, not even us. The leaked version of Slave to the Rhythm, for example, is not the version that Michael worked on; it's a remix made in 2010. Therefore, it could be considered an unleaked song. Same with the original versions of A Place With No Name and Do You Know Where Your Children Are; they've only been heard in remixed versions.

Hopefully this helps :)

Leaks are illegal and it's our own decision whether we listen to them or not. Yes, I did listen to them as well, but I do not complain about them getting released just because I have heard them already. Most people did not and I think these songs deserve an official release - to be played on radios, in clubs and to be discovered by the general public, not just a small part of the MJ fanbase.

Michael is not here any more and he will not create any more songs, so the Estate has a limited number of songs and they cannot afford to throw away songs - and good songs at that - just because they have been leaked.

I definitely agree, and I'm happy with this album immensely. For future reference though, the estate really should balance out the leaked to unleaked ratio. Six songs that we've heard already (to some degree) against three that are brand new? That's not the best idea. I would have been fine with five against four.

I'm not complaining by any means; I've grown majorly happy with this project and have no true complaints about it. This is just what I hope happens with future records.

Well, you're apart of Michael's hardcore fan community that uses forums. Not all fans do, and therefore most of them have not heard these songs. So, to billions of people, these are all actually brand new songs that have not been heard. To a few hundred fans, they aren't.

By "unleaked," I mean that no one has heard it, not even us. The leaked version of Slave to the Rhythm, for example, is not the version that Michael worked on; it's a remix made in 2010. Therefore, it could be considered an unleaked song. Same with the original versions of A Place With No Name and Do You Know Where Your Children Are; they've only been heard in remixed versions.

Hopefully this helps :)QUOTE]

Right, ok, i get that, but what about Xscape and Love never felt so good???

Is There is a chance to get unreleased music video?
Does the Slave to the rhythm remix that they used in the sony xperia ad is the Timbaland's mix on the new album ?

Does the Slave to the rhythm remix that they used in the sony xperia ad is the Timbaland's mix on the new album ?

yes.
yes.

Yes that is the final timabaland mix in the advert. And no, unreleased music videos don't exist we would have heard something about it and the record label would have wasted too much money putting it together and just leaving it in a vault. Although, I have always been hopeful superfly sister has an unreleased video because for me it is one of his best songs.

Anyway i'm willing to buy the Deluxe edition for the original mixes

Looks like there was a listening party at Toronto Canada last night

10251462_1463068030594165_635074146_n.jpg

----

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Just finished at the <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23MichaelJackson&amp;src=hash">#MichaelJackson</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Xscape&amp;src=hash">#Xscape</a> VIP listening session. Tons of summer anthems on the way! <a href="http://t.co/eCY7N9vwFQ">pic.twitter.com/eCY7N9vwFQ</a></p>&mdash; Lance Chung (@MrLanceChung) <a href="https://twitter.com/MrLanceChung/statuses/455858088277340160">April 15, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Right, ok, i get that, but what about Xscape and Love never felt so good???

The version of Love Never Felt So Good that you've heard is the original version. The 2014 version, which has new instrumentation, is still unleaked. Same with Xscape.

Honestly, I'm surprised that low quality recordings haven't leaked yet! I know that they have a very strict no phone policy and they sweep over the guests with metal detectors, but there are very sketchy people out there who could sneak them in.

Same with the original versions of A Place With No Name and Do You Know Where Your Children Are; they've only been heard in remixed versions.

I consider A Place With No Name that leaked Original Version because it was Michael who did it with Michael Durham Prince & Neff-U in 2008 (just like Hollywood Tonight Demo).

Also I think we will be getting the last versions MJ worked on - so that is 2008 mix for APWNN. At least that is what they should be releasing.

Last edited:

----

Ivy, (or anyone else) would you happen to know if there were/will be any listening parties in Western Canada? (Edmonton, Vancouver, etc) ? I live in a smaller city, so I haven't heard anything....I haven't been looking either...

I'm eagerly and much more waiting for " Chicago" :) after reading this I can't wait ;)

Now the song "Chicago," the aroused the and absolutely umhaute me immediately followed. He sounds extremely current. One might think that Michael would have sung it just last week and produced. In my opinion, this song is one of those with the biggest hit potential!

Ivy, (or anyone else) would you happen to know if there were/will be any listening parties in Western Canada? (Edmonton, Vancouver, etc) ? I live in a smaller city, so I haven't heard anything....I haven't been looking either...

no we have no idea about if / when listening parties will happen. BTW they aren't open to public / fans. It's invitation only and they tend to invite media only.

ps : I get that everyone wants to hear the songs and would like an invitation to the listening parties but chances of that happening is slim to none.

That is good that they promote it in Canada. I would like promotion parties in Japan & Australia also. Maybe Italy and Spain too.

no we have no idea about if / when listening parties will happen. BTW they aren't open to public / fans. It's invitation only and they tend to invite media only.

ps : I get that everyone wants to hear the songs and would like an invitation to the listening parties but chances of that happening is slim to none.

Thanks :) I know I can't go to one, lol, I was just curious about the type of promotion in my own country that could be planned...

I want everything to be a surprise, I'm totally fine to wait until everything is released in succession :D

If physical singles are released, the b-sides will all be remixes, not unreleased tracks or demos - perhaps new remixes of classic songs as well. (similar to the HIStory singles)

i think there will be 2 or 3 singles releases. for each single release there will be a CD-Single (Cardboard, contains the Album Version of the New Remix and a Radio Mix/Edit, and the 3rd track is the Demo), another CD-Single with the same as the Cardboard Edition, but in a jewel case, and the 3rd CD is a Maxi-CD with remixes of the New Remix + the Demo. and there will be a vinyl Single (Side A the New Remix, Side B the Demo).
and maybe there could be some bonus material about background, behind the scenes, maybe something about mj in the studio recording the track.

Thanks :) I know I can't go to one, lol, I was just curious about the type of promotion in my own country that could be planned...

I want everything to be a surprise, I'm totally fine to wait until everything is released in succession :D

Me too, Arklove. I like surprises because it gives me something to look forward to. If I knew everything now... then, well, I'd have nothing to look forward to :lol:

Me too, Arklove. I like surprises because it gives me something to look forward to. If I knew everything now... then, well, I'd have nothing to look forward to :lol:

hehehe, funnily enough, I am not impatient with this release at all because I normally would be :lol: I love the anticipation and build up...

Another review with lot of pictures!
Source: http://home.mj-upbeat.com/2014/04/15/xscape-with-the-king-of-pop-new-album-review/

Xscape With The King of Pop! New Album Review!

BonnieApril 15, 2014News

by April Lamrock / MJ-Upbeat.com
I was lucky enough to be chosen along with a select few fan representatives from around the world to experience the new album, &#8220;Xscape&#8221; in advance of its release. It would be my first time traveling to represent my family web site of 11 years, MJ-Upbeat.com.
On the morning of the event we all met in the lobby of the hotel. Everyone took a few moments to introduce themselves and then we were off. We loaded up into the van and headed off not knowing where we were going. Even the driver wasn&#8217;t talking, as he knew it was a surprise. Everyone was excited and chatting it up as we anxiously anticipated our destination. I remember the driver making a comment about us all knowing each other. When in fact it was our love of MJ that I think made it so easy for all of us to mesh so quickly. Most of us had only just met that very day.
It wasn&#8217;t long before we arrived at Hanson Recording Studios. We were brought into a large room and sat down into a semi-circle. It was a familiar looking place to us all, (as well it should), because it was the very room where &#8220;We are the World&#8221; was recorded. As if that wasn&#8217;t enough of a surprise, we were then told we would be listening to the new Michael Jackson album &#8216;Xscape&#8217; and L.A. Reid himself would be the one playing it for us!

It wasn&#8217;t long before L.A. entered the room and introduced himself. He went on to talk about his experiences with Michael and how much this project meant to him and everyone else involved. L.A. said he would only work on the songs that Michael had completed from top to bottom. He said that was the way to know for sure that Michael really liked a song, and that he was committed to completing it all the way through.
MJ Quote: &#8220;I&#8217;m really very self-confident when it comes to my work. When I take on a project, I believe in it 100%. I really put my soul into it. I&#8217;d die for it. that&#8217;s how I am.&#8221;
As L.A. played each song through, It took everything in me to not jump out of my seat and dance! You could tell I wasn&#8217;t the only one, as everyone was bobbing their heads to the beat. We were all still seated while we looked up into the reflective glass in front of us and saw members of the estate and Sony teams along with L.A. Reid dancing like no one was watching. It was like the tables were turned and &#8216;they&#8217; were the fans. Love filled the room, just as Michael&#8217;s music always does. It wasn&#8217;t long before we were all up on our feet dancing together

One song after the other introduced to us for the first time, in the very place Michael had worked before. I scribbled down little notes about specific things I liked about each track. I put a star and wrote &#8220;FAVORITE&#8221; beside the songs that I loved. After about the fourth song I noticed that I had been marking EVERY one! It wasn&#8217;t long before we had gone through all 8 songs and basically all of them were starred!
I was in heaven. I closed my eyes and took it all in. It gave me goosebumps as it made me feel like Michael was back doing his thing. Back doing what he loved, and sharing it with us once again.
MJ Quote: &#8220;And my goal in life is to give to the world, what I was lucky to receive&#8230;the ecstasy of divine union through my music and my dance.&#8221;

Michael worked tirelessly at his career. He put so much love into his music. He wanted nothing more than to share his art with the world, as this was his goal in life. I am so excited for everyone to hear this new album.
The album was created from raw music by Michael spanning from 1983-2001 (almost a 20 year span), yet it so effortlessly fits together. I know we&#8217;ve all heard the leaked versions of some of these tracks but let me tell you, you&#8217;ve heard nothing. These leaked versions are only a stage in the productions. What I heard that day in the studio were finished products that I know Michael would stand behind.
The album as a whole is going to bring you back; make you feel, as I did that day, a prescious part of Michael is emerging back to rock us off our seats like only HE knows how to do.
There are so many times where I sit and listen to Michaels music since he passed and think to myself, &#8220;we&#8217;re never going to see an artist like this again&#8221;. His talent and drive for perfection are unmatched. To know now that even five years after his passing he can still live on and spread his legacy for generations to come with new music brings a sense of content to my heart.
This album is highly recomended for the music lovers and Michael fans across the globe! You won&#8217;t regret it. Let&#8217;s make Xscape #1 across the world!
- April Lamrock / MJ-Upbeat.com
Note: Click on any image to make larger.

Above: L.A. Reid with April &#8212;&#8211; 2nd photo: John Branca with April
Below are some photos from that special day at Hanson Recording Studios.

Above: April And Navi

Above: April & Jeff (From The MJ Online Team)

Above: (From left) Alicia, April & Lindsay (Alicia & Lindsay From the MJ Online Team)

Above: April & Matt From The Michael Jackson World Network (Matt&#8217;s Review Link on lower page)

Photo Credit to Betty Byrnes
Above: April with Betty Byrnes of the Group &#8216;Michael Jackson Fans Of Southern California&#8217;. (Betty&#8217;s review link on lower page)

Above: The team of web site administrators who attended the party.
You&#8217;ll find some of their reviews directly below:
&#8212;&#8212;-

Photo credit to Matt / MJWN
Matt / MJWN Review: http://www.mjworld.net/news/2014/04/12/xscape-an-album-listening-like-no-other/
&#8212;&#8212;&#8211;

Betty Byrnes Review: http://mjbliss.blogspot.com/2014/04/xscape-la-listening-party.html
&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;-
Also:
Netherlands LMJ Review: http://www.legendarymichaeljackson....-to-xscape-with-the-mj-estate-in-los-angeles/
MJTruth Review: http://mjtruthnow1.wordpress.com/2014/04/12/xscape-listening-session-los-angeles/
&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;-

arghhhhhhhhhhhh

This should be illegal!!
I swear its like actual torture with every review that comes out!!!!

sorry if I'm being dramatic but...arghhhh

BlOxWAGCUAACp4g.jpg

#Xscape ~ Tower Records Japan pic.twitter.com/Hp0ptZmofT
BlPMCfNCUAAbLho.jpg

I think what you are sayin', OoOJackieOoO, and what we are feeling is that this is all way too much fun! :clapping:

Can't wait for qbee's review!!!

Ok so it appears that the videos are not unreleased footage but a behind the scenes look of the producers talking about mj

arghhhhhhhhhhhh

This should be illegal!!
I swear its like actual torture with every review that comes out!!!!

sorry if I'm being dramatic but...arghhhh

The reviews aren't so bothersome. They help build up the excitement! :) (At least, all the ones that don't pass off a track listing.) As far as I am concerned with the track list, I don't doubt for a minute that those songs will appear on the album, but at the same time, unless and until there is an official release, or the album comes out, I'm not taking what's out there as being written in stone.

Source : http://www.malibufanclub.de/hp/index.php/malibuforum/news/852-malibu-beim-xscape-listening-in-la

Jasmina
Co-Leader
MALIBU Michael Jackson & Family Fan Club Germany

Adventure L.A. &#8211; a trip to remember!

hdc6f722.jpg

When I received the invitation from The Estate and Epic Records on March 20ieth, I was very surprised.
The whole trip was well planned and all expenses (flight, hotel and transportation) were taken over by The Estate.
I arrived in L.A. on wednesday evening on April 9th 2014 and was warmly welcomed at the airport.
There were 10 more fans and fanclub representatives from all parts of the world, like the US, Great-Britain and Spain. On the next day we had to gather in the hotel lobby at 3 p.m. and were welcomed by the MJ Estate Online Team.

Afterwards we were taken to Henson Studios in a big limousine, the studio where Michael recorded &#8222;we are the world&#8220;, actually we were in the exact same room.
They prepared the room with chairs for us and speakers and Laptops were standing in front of us.
They also prepared some catering and drinks for us.

The first one to enter the room was L.A. Reid. He is a producer and head of Epic Records. He welcomed everyone of us. Then John Branca came in, the administrator of The MJ Estate, well you all know who he is, I guess. He greeted us as well with a firm handshake and a nice smile on his face.

Sylvia Rhone, CEO of Sony Music, as well as Karen Langford from the Estate were also attending the event.
You have to imagine that! Those leading figures took the time to listen to the fans´ opinions for hours on the two days, because it was important to them, like the fans were important to Michael himself.
I was deeply impressed by that.

I would also like to emphasize that Michael and Sony had a good relationship again and he accepted an Award in 2008/09 in the Sony Center in L.A. and he also signed a new contract in 2008.
Michael´s former anger was especially turned onto Tommy Mottola, who is no longer an object regarding Sony Music.
Meanwhile Sylvia Rhone took his place and from what I can say she is an MJ Fan and loves him!

So, there´s no &#8222;Sony sucks&#8220; anymore but &#8222;Sony loves MJ&#8220;!

Jeff from the Online Team was the first to talk to us, followed by John Branca. Then it started.
L.A. Reid was our DJ, sat down behind the Laptop and announced that he would now play the new album for us and that we were welcomed to state our feelings afterwards.

The first bars of &#8222;love never felt so good&#8220; set in. The song has got a fresh and slight beat to it, which is very cheery and enhancing the song. I call it the &#8222;feelgood&#8220; -song, because he mediates exactly that emotion. That was a successful start and makes you want to hear more!

L.A. Reid was telling us that this song was a challenge because oft he demo. Michael´ s vocals, the piano and his fingersnaps were on only one track. He had to build the song around that track. He succeeded perfectly.

The next song was &#8222;Chicago&#8220;, who carried and blew me away immediately. It sounds very contemporary and you would think it´s produced and sung by Michael just last week.
In my opinion this song has the biggest hit potential!
We went on with &#8222;She was loving me/ Loving you&#8220;. People are still wondering about the title but as a matter of fact this song is a whole other song than &#8222;Chicago&#8220;.

After that we heard &#8222;a place with no name&#8220;, which I really liked here contrary to the demo-version. The beat is great, too.
The next song begins with the sound of steps accompanied by chainrattling. You would think of prisoners / slaves. And there it was &#8222;slave to the rhythm&#8220;! It´s the version we know from the Sony Xperia advert. As a whole it sounds good but I am so used to the faster version that I missed the tempo a little bit in this new version. But the demo will definitely be on the Deluxe Edition of the album.
&#8222;Do you know where your children are&#8220; was already great as a demo, although the sound was not. But I really prefer what the producers have made of it now.

The next song was &#8222;blue gangster&#8220;. Wow. What a song! Starting with an a capella part then a beat is added slowly climaxing to a powerful beat in the chorus.

The last song was Xscape, the title song of the album. They cut out the spoken female part an again the song gained a lot in this new version.

After the first listening we all could tell our opinions and ask questions. L.A. Reid and John Branca answerd to our questions very explicitly and carefully.
Mr. Reid was telling us stories about his experiences with Michael and how much he admired him and what a wonderful father he was. The last time he met him was shortly before he passed.
Michael wanted to meet him for a possible collaboration.
Michael wanted to go new paths and he didn´t want to repeat or copy himself.

So, you can see the Xscape album was produced by the people Michael wanted to work with: L.A. Reid and Timbaland.
After the Q & A L.A. Reid wanted to hear the album again because he loves it so much and John Branca and the others agreed.
We listened to the wonderful beats floating through the studio again and everyone was dancing.
John Branca took off his jacket and danced accross the floor. L.A. Reid, Alicia, Lindsay and Sylvia Rhones were moving like hell, too.

What a precious moment! The big bosses and managing directors happily dancing to the new MJ album.
I was really moved and happy at the same time.
Michael would have loved it this way.

Branca danced with me to &#8222;Chicago&#8220; and asked me about my opinion regarding the album again, as well as Sylvia Rhone and Karen Langford. Unbelievable!

All these people have a deep respect for Michael.
Of course, money is always a factor like everywhere else, too. That´s the reason we all are going to work and earn our money. Nothing works without it. But for the people in charge the human being Michael Jackson, his visions and whishes are first priority.
I can assure that to you. Branca even shed some tears while talking about Michael. Everyone was very emotional.

They care about his legacy and about his fans!!!

After we have spent several hours in the Henson Studio, we had Dinner in the Roosevelt Restaurant.

The next morning we were picked up quite early for a brainstorm-meeting in the Sony center.

sonygeb1.jpg

innen.JPG

There we had a live connection with the Epic headquarter.
Again we sat together with John Branca, Sylvia Rhone, Karen Langford as well as Jeff, Alicia and Lindsay at the big conference table and talked about the big promotion campaign of Xscape.
We could present our ideas and suggestions.
MALIBU will support the coverage in germany.

You can be sure, that the album will receive the best promotion it can get.
They plan to release 3 singles as well as a few shortfilms, documentaries and surprises. We cannot tell everything yet though.

Conclusively I can say that The Estate, Sony Music and Epic Records made the right decisions.
Xscape is 100% Michael Jackson. It sounds very contemporary without being like everyone else.

Everyone of the people in charge care about Michael, for the love he felt for us fans and that his legacy is treated with respect.
Xscape doesn´t contain questionable songs, no bad aftertaste.

Those who like Invincible, will love Xscape.

gruppesony.jpg

Special thanks to: Alicia, Lindsay, Jeff from the MJ Online team, John Branca, Karen Langford from the Estate of MJ, Sylvia Rhone from Sony Music and to Mr L.A. Reid from Epic.
Thank you so much for this opportunity and for the love and respect.

Is there any way to start a thread with JUST the reviews? I feel like I keep seeing the same ones posted in here over and over again.

Back