Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

It is so clear that they took our wishes in consideration in the 'submit your message tot the estate' thread. It made the gap between MJ fans and the estate so small!

Wasn't that thanks to you? ;)

Yes and Rudolf off course! He helped me to get the idea of the ground. :D

And my petition to get the slave to the rhythm demo released ASAP ;)The connection thread is wonderful!

And my petition to get the slave to the rhythm demo released ASAP ;)The connection thread is wonderful!

we need alo a deluxe edition of MICHAEL

^
Maybe not that. But we need the OG versions of some of the songs on MICHAEL.

I just requested this exact thing in the connection thread. My idea was to have them as B-Sides on the physical singles...
Imagine: Xscape single & as a B-Side Another Day (OG version)on it.

Or: 'Love Never Felt So Good' single including OG Behind The Mask as b-side.
Or: 'Slave' single including OG Hollywood Tonight as b-side

^

I just requested this exact thing in the connection thread. My idea was to have them as B-Sides on the physical singles...

sounds good. Aren't (at least?)three singles releases scheduled? 2 MICHAEL tracks per single would solve the problem.

'Michael' is a project that lies in the past, the future is 'Xscape'

Let's hope the Estate doesn't mess this up. I'm not over 'Michael' yet and neither should anyone else. The fact that I've heard nearly every song on this album already doesn't make me feel excited... It's disappointing. Not that it's their fault that it leaked, just a personal sentiment.

'Michael' is a project that lies in the past, the future is 'Xscape'
Totally agree. The best thing that Sony/Estate can do is put this in the past, learn from mistakes and move forwards. It seems that, judging by what we know of Xscape, the only thanks that we can give the "Michael" project is that something like that will never happen again.

^

they should put another outtakes as b-sides. like for xscape single: can't get your weight off me or other RJ produced tracks.

similar to Shout.

Now there are rumors that the first single will be released on May 6

they should put another outtakes as b-sides. like for xscape single: can't get your weight off me or other RJ produced tracks.

similar to Shout.
I doubt they'll waste unreleased tracks

yea, i hope for alternative versions or incomplete demos, something like that.

didn't someone confirm that we get a whole disc 2 with the demos alone? or are all 17. tracks on one disc?

cause, if we get two audio discs, the tracks could be longer (at least the demos)

Exactly, Michael obviously let strongly about Shout! And that's why it's included on the Cry CD single.. Would like it re-released in the future, great song.

I also think we wont be getting the first single until may..

Guys, the album has been promoted enough. Even my cousin, who hates MJ and isn't into music, was talking about the new album on Facebook.

The social media industry has changed. People flock to Facebook and Twitter, instead of turning on their tv. They look at their smartphone, which brings updates to news items. That's what I do, and everyone under the age of, say, 50, do it too.

The news on the new album is doing well on social online media sites, so people do know about the new album. And when it drops, it will be all over social media. It's going to be like the 80's again, but with computers this time.

If physical singles are released, the b-sides will all be remixes, not unreleased tracks or demos - perhaps new remixes of classic songs as well. (similar to the HIStory singles)

Does anybody know if the japan edition of the album is any different compared to other editions? (content, packaging, sound quality)?
There seems to be a jewel case and digipack version of the album like everywhere else.

I went several pages back and i didn't see it. Personally i find it a huge bummer that we have heard most of those songs already...yes they were all leaked, but damn. I for one am disappointed.

http://www.mjworld.net/news/2014/04/12/xscape-an-album-listening-like-no-other/

Xscape – An Album Listening Like No Other

MJWN’s Matt Blank has listened to the ‘Xscape’ album, and there’s a lot of excitement he wants to share with you:
The experience I had on Thursday was like no other. Myself, along with around 10 other fans who represent fantastic Fan Clubs all over the world, were invited to LA in California by the Estate of Michael Jackson and Epic Records. We all attended somewhat blindly, without any knowledge of what we were going for. However, with the new album ‘Xscape’ already announced, it was a fairly safe bet that we were going to get a chance to listen to the album. Excitement was running through all of us as we met that morning, though it reached a new level when our car arrived at the Jim Henson Recording Studios.

This studio used to be known as the A&M Studios and it was where Michael co-wrote ‘We Are The World’ and recorded it with many other high profile artists. There wasn’t a more fitting location to listen to Michael’s voice again than in that room.Little has changed to the studio in nearly 30 years. With the wooden floor and ceiling, it was instantly recognisable from what we’ve seen in the video of the hit charity single of 1985.
As I looked around, reflecting on the history that was made in the room, we sat down in a semi-circle and John Branca, co-executor of Michael’s Estate, greeted us all and explained why we were there. Then L.A. Reid, Chairman of Epic Records and Executive Producer of the ‘Xscape’ album walked in. He was ready to personally play us the eight new tracks on the album. He explained that in line with his style of production work, the eight tracks selected are the best tracks he could have found in the vault of Michael’s archives. He said he disregarded any recordings that didn’t have full vocals, noting that if Michael recorded a whole song (compared to just a chorus for example) then it meant that Michael liked it. And true to form this is something we can see as we look back on Michael’s career. John Branca pointed out that ‘Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin” was originally recorded for ‘Off The Wall’ but used three years later on ‘Thriller’. ‘Earth Song’ and ‘They Don’t Care About Us’ was originally recorded for ‘Dangerous’, but eventually used four years later on ‘HIStory’. The songs left over, recorded in full, aren’t finished articles. But nor are they necessarily songs Michael had disregarded and thrown into the trash. Also interestingly, Reid told us later on that he was unaware that six out of the eight tracks had previously been leaked, and that the song list had already been chosen when this information was brought to his attention.

Before hitting play, Reid delighted us with stories from his past; the moment he met Michael, the moment he had an official meeting with Michael, and other stories including touching moments he witnessed between Michael and his children. The stories spanned two decades, as Michael and Reid grew close and desired to work together. Unfortunately this was never meant to be during Michael’s lifetime, nevertheless Reid’s appreciation, love and respect for Michael is evident.

<style type="text/css"> #gallery-1 { margin: auto; } #gallery-1 .gallery-item { float: left; margin-top: 10px; text-align: center; width: 25%; } #gallery-1 img { border: 2px solid #cfcfcf; } #gallery-1 .gallery-caption { margin-left: 0; } /* see gallery_shortcode() in wp-includes/media.php */ </style>
<dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon landscape"> </dt></dl><dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon landscape"> </dt></dl><dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon landscape"> </dt></dl><dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon landscape"> </dt></dl>
<dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon landscape"> </dt></dl>

My original intention was to review each song and scribble down notes to report what each track sounded like. However, with every song that passed, my pen was used less and less. As the album continued, we were getting up, starting to dance, move, feel the music and experience Michael in a new way. I stared around the historic &#8216;We Are The World&#8217; room, with L.A. Reid jumping around to the grooves, John Branca and the rest of the Estate team dancing and Michael&#8217;s vocals ringing through my ears, and writing notes on every song was not what I wanted to do. It wasn&#8217;t a place to write. It was a place to listen. The music dictated this more than being a conscious decision. I was overwhelmed by the music and soon enough you will find out why when it&#8217;s released. It&#8217;s not for me to ruin that experience and surprise for you. So instead, let me give you the quickest of overviews:

Tracklisting:

1. Love Never Felt So Good
  2. Chicago
  3. Lovin&#8217; You
  4. A Place With No Name
  5. Slave To The Rhythm
  6. Do You Know Where Your Children Are
  7. Blue Gangsta
  8. Xscape

Overview:
Each song could be a dance floor filler. They all have very strong beats that rumble through your body. The opening song put an immediate smile on my face and raised the hair on my arms. With powerful vocals delivered by Michael throughout, his passion, his anger and his love is constantly there.
The album was played twice back-to-back. Smiles all around, the excitement was so different to anything I&#8217;ve experienced before. Branca would go and talk to different people in the room. He said to me &#8220;this will fill dance floors across the world&#8221;. And it just might!

The next month will prove to have lots of surprises for the fans and public alike. I&#8217;m not going to tell you what they are, but what I will say is that as I walked out of the studio, I was left with the knowledge that Michael&#8217;s legacy is in great hands. Michael worked harder than any other artist throughout his career. He would want that legacy continued. Creating the record breaking Cirque Du Soleil tour, releasing a movie, producing a video game among other things such as anniversary albums and DVD releases, is just part of what the Estate have done to help further and retain Michael&#8217;s legacy. Bringing together producers to release unheard material; producers that knew Michael or worked with Michael or it was a known fact that Michael admired, is just right. The album feels contemporary in every way and it&#8217;s thrilling to hear Michael again. You think you&#8217;ve heard some of these songs before&#8230;but you haven&#8217;t. Not like this!

It is a delicate situation, but the Estate have continued Michael&#8217;s legacy with dignity and introduced millions of new people to Michael&#8217;s unique talents.
Long may it continue.

News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

Those songs deserve mainstream attention and we will get HQ sound. I could not ask for more. This release is epic.

I went several pages back and i didn't see it. Personally i find it a huge bummer that we have heard most of those songs already...yes they were all leaked, but damn. I for one am disappointed.

Majority of hardcore fanbase heard the leaked versions. Not even the whole fanbase! And that is like 5% of the people that will buy the album. The rest of the world deserves to hear those songs.

Also I don't know why you are disappointed. Those songs are not officially released, they were stolen from Sony servers and other places and illegally posted on the internet. Also you didn't have to listen the leaks.

Another thing MJ is dead so he can not record new music or finish unfinished demos (mojority of unreleased songs are in that form). Other songs that are mostly finished are in the hands of greedy producers like will.i.am and RedOne who refuse to release them.. so that leaves the Estate with limited resources. They picked the best they had that is almost finished and releasable.

Also you heard 6/9 songs BUT 4/17 tracks!

1. Love Never Felt So Good - UNHEARD
2. Chicago - UNHEARD
3. Lovin' You - UNHEARD
4. A Place With No Name - UNHEARD
5. Do You Know Where Your Children Are - UNHEARD
6. Slave To The Rhythm - UNHEARD
7. Blue Gangsta - UNHEARD
8. Xscape - UNHEARD
9. Love Never Felt So Good (Original Demo) - HEARD
10. Chicago (Original Version) - UNHEARD
11. Lovin' You (Original Version) - UNHEARD
12. A Place With No Name (Original Version) - HEARD
13. Do You Know Where Your Children Are (Original Version) - UNHEARD (2010 Work In Progress Version leaked)
14. Slave To The Rhythm (Original Version) - UNHEARD (2010 Album Candidate leaked)
15. Blue Gangsta (Original Version) - HEARD
16. Xscape (Original Version) - HEARD
17. Hot Fun In The Summertime - UNHEARD

All in all that is pretty amazing compared to MICHAEL album where you had 7 songs:

1. Hold My Hand (Original Version leaked in 2008)
2. Hollywood Tonight - UNLEAKED
3. The Way You Love Me (Original Version released in 2004)
4. Best Of Joy - UNLEAKED
5. Another Day (Original Version partially leaked in 2010)
6. Behind The Mask - UNLEAKED
7. Much Too Soon (2010 Work In Progress Version leaked before the album was released)

Last edited:

No, this is the place to ask! :)

The track listing is as follows:

1. Love Never Felt So Good (2014 Version) (unleaked)
2. Chicago (She Was Loving Me) (2014 Version) (unleaked)
3. Loving You (2014 Version) (unleaked)
4. A Place With No Name (2014 Version) (unleaked)
5. Do You Know Where Your Children Are (2014 Version) (unleaked)
6. Slave to the Rhythm (2014 Version) (unleaked; extracts featured in Xperia commercials)
7. Blue Gangsta (2014 Version) (unleaked)
8. Xscape (2014 Version) (unleaked; extract featured in promotional video)
9. Love Never Felt So Good (Original Demo Recording) (leaked online in 2002)
10. Chicago (She Was Loving Me) (Original Demo Recording) (unleaked)
11. Loving You (Original Demo Recording) (unleaked)
12. A Place With No Name (Original Demo Recording) (unleaked; 2008 mix leaked in December 2013)
13. Do You Know Where Your Children Are (Original Demo Recording) (unleaked)
14. Slave to the Rhythm (Original Demo Recording) (unleaked)
15. Blue Gangsta (Original Demo Recording) (leaked in December 2010)
16. Xscape (Original Demo Recording) (leaked in December 2002)
17. Hot Fun in the Summertime (unleaked)

So, I tried to reply on this yesterday twice, but a mod still needs to approve it I think.

What i'm wondering is, when you say unleaked, does that mean I can't know it?

I say this because there are at least 4 on this list I already know complete or partially I think.
Aren't some of the lyrics the following??

Love never felt so good: baby, love never felt so good, and i'm dying if it ever could... etc. Right?
A place with no name: Take me to, a place without, no name... etc. Right?
Slave To The Rhythm. She dances in these sheets at nights. She dances to his needs. etc. Right?
XScape. Everywhere I turn, no matter where I look. The systems in control, it's all ran by the book. etc Right????

So if I'm right, how so do I read people on here saying billions of people haven't heard any ogf these new tracks?????

So, there you have it. Hopefully a mod will approve this message soon......

Majority of hardcore fanbase heard the leaked versions. Not even the whole fanbase! And that is like 5% of the people that will buy the album. The rest of the world deserves to hear those songs.

Also I don't know why you are disappointed. Those songs are not officially released, they were stolen from Sony servers and other places and illegally posted on the internet. Also you didn't have to listen the leaks.

Another thing MJ is dead so he can not record new music or finish unfinished demos (mojority of unreleased songs are in that form). Other songs that are mostly finished are in the hands of greedy producers like will.i.am and RedOne who refuse to release them.. so that leaves the Estate with limited resources. They picked the best they had that is almost finished and releasable.

Also you heard 6/9 songs BUT 4/17 tracks!

1. Love Never Felt So Good - UNHEARD
2. Chicago - UNHEARD
3. Lovin' You - UNHEARD
4. A Place With No Name - UNHEARD
5. Do You Know Where Your Children Are - UNHEARD
6. Slave To The Rhythm - UNHEARD
7. Blue Gangsta - UNHEARD
8. Xscape - UNHEARD
9. Love Never Felt So Good (Original Demo) - HEARD
10. Chicago (Original Version) - UNHEARD
11. Lovin' You (Original Version) - UNHEARD
12. A Place With No Name (Original Version) - HEARD
13. Do You Know Where Your Children Are (Original Version) - UNHEARD (2010 Work In Progress Version leaked)
14. Slave To The Rhythm (Original Version) - UNHEARD (2010 Album Candidate leaked)
15. Blue Gangsta (Original Version) - HEARD
16. Xscape (Original Version) - HEARD
17. Hot Fun In The Summertime - UNHEARD

All in all that is pretty amazing compared to MICHAEL album where you had 7 songs:

1. Hold My Hand (Original Version leaked in 2008)
2. Hollywood Tonight - UNLEAKED
3. The Way You Love Me (Original Version released in 2004)
4. Best Of Joy - UNLEAKED
5. Another Day (Original Version partially leaked in 2010)
6. Behind The Mask - UNLEAKED
7. Much Too Soon (2010 Work In Progress Version leaked before the album was released)

I'm incredibly excited to hear these new mixes, as well as the original demos. At first I was very against the remixes of the demos but my mind has changed haha.

Does anybody know if the japan edition of the album is any different compared to other editions? (content, packaging, sound quality)?
Japan-only exclusive bonus track?

Leaks are illegal and it's our own decision whether we listen to them or not. Yes, I did listen to them as well, but I do not complain about them getting released just because I have heard them already. Most people did not and I think these songs deserve an official release - to be played on radios, in clubs and to be discovered by the general public, not just a small part of the MJ fanbase.

Michael is not here any more and he will not create any more songs, so the Estate has a limited number of songs and they cannot afford to throw away songs - and good songs at that - just because they have been leaked.

^

I completely agree with this, add in This Is It original as a 3rd track with Xscape or Slave to the Rhythm and I'd be satisfied.

So Love Never Felt So Good is the first single.

I would like 5 singles to be released:

2. Chicago
3. Slave To The Rhythm
4. Xscape
5. Do You Know Where Your Children Are

every song on xscape deserves a single release. APWNN would be epic on the radio.

Back