Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

How did Chicago NOT make the Invincible album ? Its so good, that he can replace any 4-5 of the songs from that album already.

How did Chicago NOT make the Invincible album ? Its so good, that he can replace any 4-5 of the songs from that album already.

Cause we were not prepared for it :) like a lot of people didn't get Invincible/Threatened/Privacy etc etc. and still today we were not prepared when Timbo slapped us in the face

I am finally hearing LNFSG on the radio right now! It's not on an old station either lol.

From now on, can we put RF on ignore as his opinion doesn't matter and counts to nothing?
I'm sure he is reading fan boards and he will be delighted if he sees his name mentioned here, so lets not bother ourselves with lowly RF opinions.

PLEASE PLEASE Do not post anything from him ever again. He is a total jerk!

I've always believed that Chicago was a city, it is only now that I've found out it's actually a song. How stupid I was...

... and still am.

that Duck quack is infectious
80_3998.jpg

I just saw this from this article

As for Timbaland, 42, Reid felt his consistent innovation was in tune with Jackson's desire to always carve out a unique sound. As Jackson did, Timbaland acts out the sounds in his head, beatboxing and vocalizing in the studio. And like Jackson, he's relentless in his search for new approaches. "I always felt like I was ahead of the times and nobody understood my method of music. I feel like everything around us is music. That's why I use crickets in songs and birds and spoons and door knobs or a car motor, and I just make it a rhythm."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6077455/michael-jackson-billboard-cover-story-xscape-full-album-details

So what version of STTR play and when did it play during the show?? It's on right now.

And also what the eff is going on about a couple people saying Chicago sounds suspicious? Like wtf? Are you insinuating something that it's not Michael because damn if you deny that classic angelic voice, something is wrong with your ears. It's already been known this was recorded during Invincible sessions. Chicago aka She Was Loving Me, recorded in 1999.

I've seen some comments on YouTube where people claimed it isn't him, which is complete BS. That chorus is so freaking obvious. There's absolutely not a single way this is some impersonator.

Michael would never used ducks, birds chirping are way more melodical than ducks quacking. I can't get over them, they're too annoying to ignore them.

It just seems ever since MICHAEL, some fans have been very wary (not that they should not be) but overly wary for the wrong reasons. As soon as those harmonious vocals come out of Michael's mouth, you know it's him. With what happened to Breaking News, Monster, etc, after the first line I just knew something was wrong and that there could be NO way that's him. You just know immediately. There's no in between. As being a fan for many years you just KNOW how his voice hits you, and with this song it's no exception. :)

The tape hiss on Love Never Felt So Good (Solo) is gonna forever haunt me.

Edit: Seriously, how was it not cleaned before release?

Last edited:

Saw the little tidbit about it on Ellen, with the DJ dancing, nice moves dude!

A couple of questions i have about Chicago

Does Michael use his falsetto somewhere in the song?

Did they include an excerpt from his usual Vocal warm up sessions with Seth Riggs?

Does MJ do alot of adlibs on this song?

Is it awesome?........

Did they include an excerpt from his usual Vocal warm up sessions with Seth Riggs?

Is it awesome?........

All of the above

love CHICAGO!!

Is it awesome?........

Yes
No
No. There's no aaows or he-he's.
Yes.

Themidwestcowboy;3997241 said:

Is it awesome?........

Ja
Ja
Nej
Låten är helt jävla underbar! :D

It just seems ever since MICHAEL, some fans have been very wary (not that they should not be) but overly wary for the wrong reasons. As soon as those harmonious vocals come out of Michael's mouth, you know it's him. With what happened to Breaking News, Monster, etc, after the first line I just knew something was wrong and that there could be NO way that's him. You just know immediately. There's no in between. As being a fan for many years you just KNOW how his voice hits you, and with this song it's no exception. :)

Preach.

Is it awesome?........

Only thing you need to know is that it's AWESOME! :D

Michael would never used ducks, birds chirping are way more melodical than ducks quacking. I can't get over them, they're too annoying to ignore them.

I can tell you this for sure that the quacks or the quack-like beats are better and not as corny as the chirping sounds you hear in DIG.

Victor;3997248 said:
Ja
Ja
Nej
Låten är helt jävla underbar! :D

Sweeeeet! Jag tror inte att jag klarar av att vänta ända tills den 9:eek:nde!:p Vad för slags känsla får du av låten om man skulle ta en komparativ jämnförelse med hans andra låtar?

Last edited:

Chicago - excellent

There is one thing that I would like to say to the fans ho don't like Chicago or LNFSG.

Not a single MJ song will ever be perfect any more, and it is a very sad thing. We must accept that. And in order to accept it we must mourn MJ.
All we can hope is that every team working on MJ's future releases do it as closely possible as to what they think MJ would want them to do thanks to their work experience with MJ.

On the other hand, if however we still are unable to get over the fact that variosu people "touched the sacred" (MJ's music and transformed it), we can hopefully expect that they always include demos as MJ left them so that we at least have a glimpse of MJ's working process.

The cahrts are not important, but if they are able to drag the album on the charts all I hope is that they do it with a big dosis of art and magic.

Now, let's enjoy MJ's music/voice and let's bear in mind that MJ has nothing to prove any more, he was always the king and will always be the king of pop, rock and soul as Liz Taylor would say.

Themidwestcowboy;3997256 said:
Sweeeeet! Jag tror inte att jag klarar av att vänta enda tills den 9:eek:nde!:p Vad för slags känsla får du av låten om man skulle ta en komparativ jämnförelse med hans andra låtar?

Ikea.

Chicago - excellent

There is one thing that I would like to say to the fans ho don't like Chicago or LNFSG.

Not a single MJ song will ever be perfect any more, and it is a very sad thing. We must accept that. And in order to accept it we must mourn MJ.
All we can hope is that every team working on MJ's future releases do it as closely possible as to what they think MJ would want them to do thanks to their work experience with MJ.

On the other hand, if however we still are unable to get over the fact that variosu people "touched the sacred" (MJ's music and transformed it), we can hopefully expect that they always include demos as MJ left them so that we at least have a glimpse of MJ's working process.

The cahrts are not important, but if they are able to drag the album on the charts all I hope is that they do it with a big dosis of art and magic.

Now, let's enjoy MJ's music/voice and let's bear in mind that MJ has nothing to prove any more, he was always the king and will always be the king of pop, rock and soul as Liz Taylor would say.
Exactly. These new albums and singles will NEVER be perfect because mJ is not here to make it perfect anymore. We have to put these projects into context. Honestly though, Chicago is awesome!

I've seen some comments on YouTube where people claimed it isn't him, which is complete BS. That chorus is so freaking obvious. There's absolutely not a single way this is some impersonator.

Just heard the full thing, there is absolutely not a single doubt that this is MJ. LMAO at those Youtube comments.

4 minutes till Lovin' You is on Music Unlimited in the UK right?

Back