Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

Chicago - excellent

There is one thing that I would like to say to the fans ho don't like Chicago or LNFSG.

Not a single MJ song will ever be perfect any more, and it is a very sad thing. We must accept that. And in order to accept it we must mourn MJ.
All we can hope is that every team working on MJ's future releases do it as closely possible as to what they think MJ would want them to do thanks to their work experience with MJ.

On the other hand, if however we still are unable to get over the fact that variosu people "touched the sacred" (MJ's music and transformed it), we can hopefully expect that they always include demos as MJ left them so that we at least have a glimpse of MJ's working process.

The cahrts are not important, but if they are able to drag the album on the charts all I hope is that they do it with a big dosis of art and magic.

Now, let's enjoy MJ's music/voice and let's bear in mind that MJ has nothing to prove any more, he was always the king and will always be the king of pop, rock and soul as Liz Taylor would say.
Sad-nod-COLFER.gif

I've heard the 30 second snippet of Chicago. I liked it...however when I first heard it, to me the vocals sounded similar to the infamous 3 tracks on Michael. Not trying to start a controversy, just stating what I felt when I heard the vocals towards the end of that 30 seconds. Maybe it'll change when I hear the full version.

We all know MJ was capable of lowering or raising his singing voice on certain songs. I personally think it's MJ 100% on Chicago so who knows.

I've heard the 30 second snippet of Chicago. I liked it...however when I first heard it, to me the vocals sounded similar to the infamous 3 tracks on Michael. Not trying to start a controversy, just stating what I felt when I heard the vocals towards the end of that 30 seconds. Maybe it'll change when I hear the full version.

We all know MJ was capable of lowering or raising his singing voice on certain songs. I personally think it's MJ 100% on Chicago so who knows.

I was very vocal on the infamous Cascio tracks, and I can assure you, trust me, the voice on Chicago isn't even remotely close to the infamous Cascio tracks.

Chicago - excellent

There is one thing that I would like to say to the fans ho don't like Chicago or LNFSG.

Not a single MJ song will ever be perfect any more, and it is a very sad thing. We must accept that. And in order to accept it we must mourn MJ.
All we can hope is that every team working on MJ's future releases do it as closely possible as to what they think MJ would want them to do thanks to their work experience with MJ.

On the other hand, if however we still are unable to get over the fact that variosu people "touched the sacred" (MJ's music and transformed it), we can hopefully expect that they always include demos as MJ left them so that we at least have a glimpse of MJ's working process.

The cahrts are not important, but if they are able to drag the album on the charts all I hope is that they do it with a big dosis of art and magic.

Now, let's enjoy MJ's music/voice and let's bear in mind that MJ has nothing to prove any more, he was always the king and will always be the king of pop, rock and soul as Liz Taylor would say.

Probably THE BEST and SERIOUS comment you've made on this thread.

Is Loving You another Timbo track? If so I'm even more excited for it :)

In what way do the vocals from Chicago sound like the cascio songs? I mean, I hear duck sounds but I sure as hell don't hear a goat.

EDIT: Seriously, though, it's crap like that which brings for a whole lot of drama. It's definitely one of the worst effects of the whole cascio drama. (I'm mostly referring to the youtube comments).

Last edited:

no ones getting down zakk.the public dont care what we are saying one way or the other.we are just giving our opinions. we dont have to say omg thats the best thing ever if we arent really into it. Im sure theres mj tracks from down the years that we dont like. you arent a bad fan if you dont love everything and u know if someone says they are loving "girlfriend" they are lieing LOL

ive never like timberlands production since when he first came on the scene because of the things ive outlined above so its no biggy to me

Hey! I seriously I LOVE Girlfriend. It is a sweet, pop song. And I am not lying or being sarcastic.
Shame you don't like synthesized music, because most music and a LOT of Michael's are just that.

Probably THE BEST and SERIOUS comment you've made on this thread.

Not true, my best post was when I anounced publicly in this thread that I was eating a sandwich.

Chicago - excellent

I wasn't criticizing Chicago. I like it. I just found the duck sounds amusing.

I imagine, if Michael were alive, he's say, "Hey Timberland, maybe it's not such a good idea to put quacking sounds there?"

Of course, if Michael were alive, there would be tons of more degrees of awesomeness to these songs.

These songs are Michael's babies so to speak. He created and worked on them for years and years. I haven't listened to Chicago but I am sure everything is fine and just have some faith this time. Everything about this experience is so different than the last time. It's positive and it feels like people are willing to give it a chance this time.

Chicago - excellent

Excellent post. You've said it all. Hard as it is, Michael is gone. We can no longer expect perfection. But this album celebrates his legacy, and this time around, in a RESPECTFUL and DIGNIFIED way. We *need* to support this. We owe it to Michael and to his legacy.

Why are you all thanking Bumper's post? He wasn't serious and we all know it.

:D

Michael would never used ducks, birds chirping are way more melodical than ducks quacking. I can't get over them, they're too annoying to ignore them.

Okay we heard you, enough. Michael used chains and motor sounds and honking sounds and spoons and birds too.

The tape hiss on Love Never Felt So Good (Solo) is gonna forever haunt me.

Edit: Seriously, how was it not cleaned before release?

So glad I never listen to any of those things. I read all this technicalities the fans complain about and I'm like wha????? I just enjoy everything and I love it with a big smile on my face!!

I've seen some comments on YouTube where people claimed it isn't him, which is complete BS. That chorus is so freaking obvious. There's absolutely not a single way this is some impersonator.

Yes, I just saw some of those silly comments. Someone even said it was Jason Malachi! Ridiculous!

Okay we heard you, enough. Michael used chains and motor sounds and honking sounds and spoons and birds too.

And also a subway train moving haha

Ok I finally heard the full version. It's def Michael. That said, it's good. Not great. I'd rank it higher then the likes of Heartbreaker and Invincible....that's without listening to MJ's version of course. Can't wait to hear that.

I give Chicago 3 and a half stars. Felt a bit copied and pasted in many places. I wouldn't consider this for a single release. I think A Place Without No Name, Blue Gangsta and Slave should still be the ones to be released as singles.

I produce my own music, and it bothers me how the solo version of LNFSG sounds. I understand that not every song can be cleaned up, so to speak...Al Capone sounds like a mess, but that was released in its untouched form.

Seems like the producer was sitting there doing nothing. Technology exists so that we can clean up things. If you can autotune the heck out of a singer nowadays, why can't you remove tape hiss?

I didn't even hear the tape hiss...nor do I care. The newer version of Love Never Felt So Good is leaps and bounds better then the demo.

Michael would never used ducks, birds chirping are way more melodical than ducks quacking. I can't get over them, they're too annoying to ignore them.

Well he did use honks and car engine, which isn't more melodical than ducks, but gave an awesome result in the song.

[youtube]KlBZbog78p8[/youtube]

The first 10 seconds or so of Chicago are a bit wonky. Part of me thinks it should have opened with an instrumental instead.

That and the "smile" oddity are my only complaints about the song.

Ok I finally heard the full version. It's def Michael. That said, it's good. Not great. I'd rank it higher then the likes of Heartbreaker and Invincible....that's without listening to MJ's version of course. Can't wait to hear that.

I give Chicago 3 and a half stars. Felt a bit copied and pasted in many places. I wouldn't consider this for a single release. I think A Place Without No Name, Blue Gangsta and Slave should still be the ones to be released as singles.

Damn you're too harsh with your rating given the fact that nowdays music in general is mostly copy-pasted crap.

I didn't even hear the tape hiss...nor do I care. The newer version of Love Never Felt So Good is leaps and bounds better then the demo.

I wish the tape hiss didn't bother me, but it really should have been properly cleaned and is kind of a big oversight IMO. Tarnishes a great track.

So glad I never listen to any of those things. I read all this technicalities the fans complain about and I'm like wha????? I just enjoy everything and I love it with a big smile on my face!!

Yeah, fortunately the majority of listeners won't even notice the mastering issues.

Tape hiss? bother? lol, in the 80s all I had were cassettes with hissings an LPs with cracklings and cathodic tv with snow.

Let's not be difficult.

If there is a problem with production why don't you twitter Timbaland and tell him directly?

Ellen's DJ danced to the song... (short segment)... And her DJ expressed his love for the song and Mike... love how this song was first heard on Ellen... :)
I heard it's the 2010 version? True?

If there is a problem with production why don't you twitter Timbaland and tell him directly?

I was going to type the same thing.

How about if such fans go to Timbo and ask him to clean up the hissing for them. Better yet, some need to send their names to the estate to be invited to listening parties so they could tell the producers what technical problems should be eliminated in future productions. Then we won't have any more complaints.

Back