Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

What time is Ellen?? - And what time is that in Denmark??? :lol:

Yes it is, if you go to iTunes store you'll see that's the only song available for download/purchase from the album. I agree that it sucks for the position, but the sales are still counted. Whether it's a good or bad practice, they do it all the time and we can't do anything about it.

Thanks again. I have not been on Itunes to see that. I want to buy the physical cd and would like to participate in the "Old Schooler's / we wait 'till physical has arrived - Thread" but, cannot because I shamefully listened to Chicago in full.

I agree purchasers will not be able to change this ridiculous practice but, artists can. It is their musically legacy being effected as charting and numbers carry weight. Michael was one of rare artists that did attempt to make changes in his industry. I strongly believe he would be very vocal regarding this.

Don't get me wrong i love ALL of Michael's stuff, but i do think lots of fans over hype Behind The Mask, i mean its a great track but not as great as some make out. I find Hw Bucharest crowd sample and MJ shouting out to the crowd Cheesy, i don't think he would have sampled himself in anyway of his new stuff

Please don't think im knocking the track, i love it lol

yes, the bucharest overdub is totally out of place. i made edits of the song without the overdubs (the crowd noise is still there, but no "how you going") and its great track.
you can search for the official alternative video i uploaded or the few edits i uploaded and know what i meant.

I believe it hasnt started yet, still have 15 mins of it w/ just guest left sooo maybe last minute? Does anyone remember how they premiered Hollywood Tonight there in 2010?

i am curious about why they wrote the recording year as 1991 when it's confirmed to be 24 vocal takes in 1989? very interesting but not something that we should focus on, would be EPIC if ellen dances to the original demo! those 1989 sessions are fantastic.

LOL last time Ellen dances to a song about a girl that ends up in prostitution, this year she dances to a woman who can't break the cycle of being with abusive partners. She sure know how to pick 'em. Or well, MJ sure knows how to write songs that are deceptively catchy. :p

Last edited:

It seems I can't watch that stream. It keeps pausing for 1 minute every 10 seconds. :/

Someone should try and record it!

When Timbaland was saying that this album is great, he was exaggerating was he? No wonder the media has embraced it and some have said its as if he just recorded it. I am going to wait, I will resist all temptation until May 13 or when and if I get it in the mail sooner.

This is so wonderful for Michael. I am so emotional right now- so happy for Michael. He deserves this. And YES everybody HE IS THE GREATEST!!

It just ended, no STTR, maybe it was earlier :mat:

What time is Ellen? What is on now?

Just heard it, it's the 2010 version that's on Ellen atm, the snippet was about 5 seconds as well.

i still remember how Ellen danced to a brand new mj song.... which was Hollywood tonight in 2010.

I wont listen to any of the songs that will streamed throughout this week, I will wait until I have the cd in my hands! It feels more special when you hear the album and all the songs/demos for the first time. That's how it should be! IMO. You are very very very weak if you can't wait until you have the CD in front of you! ;) haha

What time is Ellen? What is on now?
It had 15 minutes to go when I was reading it here-I just saw Taye Diggs and she said thank you to him and to Twitch-who I guess was on earlier. Did Twitch dance to it???

why it was Tricky Mix on Ellen right now?? oO

Just heard it, it's the 2010 version that's on Ellen atm, the snippet was about 5 seconds as well.

Just have seen it, wonder why they did play the 2010 version...

Tricky's? Why would they do that? Is it possible that they will release that shitty version instead of the original?

why the hell did they give her the old mix?

Anyone recorded it?

Anyone recorded it?
it was Tricky mix 2010, don't you already have it in full and HQ? it was leaked after Bieber fiasco

This didn't make the Michael album.

Let that process. Not this mix in particular, but this song, these vocals, this power, this intensity... was not released for three and a half years.

I always say everything happens for a reason. Can you imagine if this amazing song would have been released in Michael? It would have been lost. A gem like this should be released in an album that is worthy of it. Look, I like MICHAEL album, but from the listen to LNFSG and the comments on Chicago and all the reviews on the album in general, it seems to me that this is head over over heels above MICHAEL.

:wild:

Ellen's DJ danced to the song... (short segment)... And her DJ expressed his love for the song and Mike... love how this song was first heard on Ellen... :)
Oh-Twitch was probably the DJ today. He was one of the best things on "So You Think You Can Dance" and he is a great choreographer. Sometimes she put those clips on her web site.

Thanks again. I have not been on Itunes to see that. I want to buy the physical cd and would like to participate in the "Old Schooler's / we wait 'till physical has arrived - Thread" but, cannot because I shamefully listened to Chicago in full.

I agree purchasers will not be able to change this ridiculous practice but, artists can. It is their musically legacy being effected as charting and numbers carry weight. Michael was one of rare artists that did attempt to make changes in his industry. I strongly believe he would be very vocal regarding this.

I listened too. I don't even try, because I know I won't be able to resist. lol I don't know about the artists changing this, so far nobody has said anything about it, I guess most don't feel it's a big deal maybe.

it was Tricky mix 2010, don't you already have it in full and HQ? it was leaked after Bieber fiasco

No I meant the segment from the show

Yo, those are the dopest ducks I've ever heard.

Michael_Duckson_by_MJ_Fan1_by_majic_mjj.jpg

:rollin:

Back