Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about upcoming MJ album [Update Pg15]

3 being the minimum!! in my opinion.. Especially when we as fans have full control over what leaked songs we listen to.. We do not HAVE to listen to "Place With No Name", "Loser"....

We know there's a chance these will be on the album yet we listen to them and expect them to pick different songs? I don't think that's fair to them or us to expect them to scratch a track because it was leaked within the past couple years..

In the end of the day if a song has potential of success they will want to release it, and it SHOULD be released!! I mean of course I would want all un heard songs, but I am also being practical here.

I'd recommend to those who want more tracks that they've never heard, IF any more songs come out (leaked) don't listen to them.. You're going to ruin it for yourself!

Now the disciple to do that is HARD!!

I would expect atleast 5 or 6 songs we haven't heard, and hopefully 10-13 tracks altogether.

fans shouldn't really complain about APWNN not being unheard.. it's always been scheduled for release on this new album. anyway, now that Number One's is in the top 10 worldwide on iTunes (edit: I just checked and it ain't no longer).. the estate should seriously consider an announcement of sorts..

the estate should seriously consider an announcement of sorts..

Patience. It's not that uncommon for Number Ones to do alright on iTunes when it's discounted - in some countries anyway (not sure about the US/UK). The Estate should take their time and announce it when the time is right.

Timing is very Important. You can't rush if you want quality. We had to wait much longer for MJ to release and fans did the same complaining as they do now. It will come when it's time , not on your time or my time. Im being patient :timer: :)

I saw that ABBA gold and Adele´s 21 are-at least recently- selling good on Itunes.
I haven´t listened to Adele´s album yet but many think the songs are good,many think that ABBA´s songs are good too.
People say most songs made nowadays aren´t good and Adeles album stand out but on the other hand many think there were many great songs made in the 70´s and 80´s so why is ABBA´s songs so popular after so many years?

I think one reason is breaking up songs,there are several on ABBA gold and I read Adele had such songs too on her album.
If some of Michael´s songs are good and for heartbroken people it can be a good idea to put some on the album.

I must say I cant wait to hear Chicago. Also, i would love if Buffalo Bill made the cut.... intrigued by this song ever since i saw the unauthorised documentary

I must say I cant wait to hear Chicago. Also, i would love if Buffalo Bill made the cut.... intrigued by this song ever since i saw the unauthorised documentary

The way he said that it would be a hit got me intrigued too!

MIST;3951595 said:
I saw that ABBA gold and Adele´s 21 are-at least recently- selling good on Itunes.
I haven´t listened to Adele´s album yet but many think the songs are good,many think that ABBA´s songs are good too.
People say most songs made nowadays aren´t good and Adeles album stand out but on the other hand many think there were many great songs made in the 70´s and 80´s so why is ABBA´s songs so popular after so many years?

I think one reason is breaking up songs,there are several on ABBA gold and I read Adele had such songs too on her album.
If some of Michael´s songs are good and for heartbroken people it can be a good idea to put some on the album.

Number Ones by Michael is also selling well on iTunes: http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...he-4th-best-selling-album-on-iTunes-right-now

I'm intrigued by what Michael Prince meant by "So Many Exciting thing's" though? like, surely there is a lot of in depth projects for fans to be coming to fruition soon enough? he wouldn't have said that otherwise would he? also, I really do hope She Was Lovin' Me is included..from the description, it's an absolute classic. could get radio play, of course we don't have any clue of how it sounds.. but i'm sure Corey's description won't dissapoint us. Plus, not saying this should be the album title but "The Hidden Gems" could really work.

KOPV;3951381 said:
3 being the minimum!! in my opinion.. Especially when we as fans have full control over what leaked songs we listen to.. We do not HAVE to listen to "Place With No Name", "Loser"....

We know there's a chance these will be on the album yet we listen to them and expect them to pick different songs? I don't think that's fair to them or us to expect them to scratch a track because it was leaked within the past couple years..

In the end of the day if a song has potential of success they will want to release it, and it SHOULD be released!! I mean of course I would want all un heard songs, but I am also being practical here.
Exactly. I don’t really get the logic of first delibarately choosing to listen to leaked songs, and then complaining that you’ve already heard them.

Besides, the album is not intended for diehard fans only. Many hardcore fans have sought out and listened to the leaked songs, but casual fans probably don’t even know they exist.

I totally agree with KOPV and Sunwalker7. Many fans demand leaks and listen to them and then they whine about the prospects of those songs showing up on official releases. Michael is not here any more, he cannot record any more songs so there is only a limited number of songs. The Estate/Sony cannot ignore and put aside those songs which were already leaked, just because they were leaked. Esp. if they are some of the better songs with hit potential.

I totally agree with the posters in favor of officially releasing leaked material!

In the end, ALL leaked songs should get an official release in highest quality possible.

Since there are so many, spread them out a little AND let them go with the flow of each newly released album/collection.

10-12 songs on each album. 33% - 40% songs we've never heard - and i would be more than happy.
Combine that with STTR, Escape, Blue Gangster, Do You Know Where... & this could be ONE HELL OF AN ALBUM.

Not to forget APWNN & I Was The Loser...

I totally agree with the posters in favor of officially releasing leaked material!

In the end, ALL leaked songs should get an official release in highest quality possible.

Since there are so many, spread them out a little AND let them go with the flow of each newly released album/collection.

10-12 songs on each album. 33% - 40% songs we've never heard - and i would be more than happy.
Combine that with STTR, Escape, Blue Gangster, Do You Know Where... & this could be ONE HELL OF AN ALBUM.

and hopefully chicago and she was lovin' me ;) plus, Escape i think should make the cut also.

Am I the only one excited to see more This Is It rehearsals? I know the anniversary is hard but still it's more Michael and seeing him doing what he does best puts a smile on my face.

I'm all for the idea of releasing leaked songs, but in time. I don't want the next album to be cluttered with songs that have already leaked. We have years upon years for that. For the time being, I want to focus on brand-new songs. I would love a ten-track album with at least five or six never before heard songs. That, to me, is a good balance.

I'll leave DYKWYCA out of this (I'm still against its release, but I'm a minority on the matter), but I personally don't want Slave to the Rhythm to show up anywhere. As I've listened to it more, I've begun to place it lower and lower on my list of songs.

Am I the only one excited to see more This Is It rehearsals? I know the anniversary is hard but still it's more Michael and seeing him doing what he does best puts a smile on my face.

we're all looking forward to seeing the 7 unseen rehearsals, I just hope the estate won't hold any back this time if they do actually decide to release more.

I look forward to being surprised.

As for leaked songs, I doubt a lot of non fans have heard them much. I care about quality and an album that everyone can enjoy even non fans. I hope no one takes offense to this but it can't just be about us fans. They have to think of everyone. My expectations are not overly high and I am just keeping it realistic. I am hoping they will find a balance that us fans will like and non fans can like too.

r3mJf.gif

KOPV;3951381 said:

I'd recommend to those who want more tracks that they've never heard, IF any more songs come out (leaked) don't listen to them.. You're going to ruin it for yourself!

Now the disciple to do that is HARD!!

SO TRUE!! - It is not The Estate and SONY's fault a few diehard fans have heard the leaked songs! - I would say that maybe less than 0.5 % of all buying the album would have heard the leaks! - So really SONY and The Estate should not really care that we have heard some of the songs! - They will propably mix the songs a little, finalize them and release them in best quality possible.

I can't wait for Blue Gangsta, Escape, DYKWYCA, STTR and I am/was a/the Loser to be released in finalized great quality!

Sunwalker7;3951759 said:
Exactly. I don’t really get the logic of first delibarately choosing to listen to leaked songs, and then complaining that you’ve already heard them.

Besides, the album is not intended for diehard fans only. Many hardcore fans have sought out and listened to the leaked songs, but casual fans probably don’t even know they exist.

WORD!! :bow: :agree:

respect77;3951767 said:
I totally agree with KOPV and Sunwalker7. Many fans demand leaks and listen to them and then they whine about the prospects of those songs showing up on official releases. Michael is not here any more, he cannot record any more songs so there is only a limited number of songs. The Estate/Sony cannot ignore and put aside those songs which were already leaked, just because they were leaked. Esp. if they are some of the better songs with hit potential.

Agreed very much! - They should release the best songs, no matter if they have leaked or not! Imagine APWNN in a finished version in super quality!! Would be GREAT !!

MJJuniorSinceMW;3951781 said:

I agree 110 % !!! :agree:

Lil Ced;3951801 said:

I hope very much for more TII footage to be released!!

SiM, YANA, Heal The World, Dangerous, MITM and Will You Be There (don't know if he actually rehearsed all these!) - I would love to see MJ perform these! - Maybe some of them are even sung live!! I have always wanted to hear MJ sing SiM and You Are Not Alone live!! Would be fantastic! - And I think Heal the World would propably be live during rehearsals - like in the Dangerous rehearsals! :)

Did he rehearse (or even intend ot perform) Working day and night ?? - Would love to see TII footage of WDAN if he rehearsed that. - Think he would propably sing that live during the rehearsals.

we're all looking forward to seeing the 7 unseen rehearsals, I just hope the estate won't hold any back this time if they do actually decide to release more.

Seven? As far as I'm aware the only full songs that were rehearsed that remain unseen are Stranger in Moscow and Dangerous. Songs like Dirty Diana, Heal the World, Will You Be There, You Are Not Alone, etc. were either not rehearsed with Michael or were merely walked through with playback vocals.

Did he rehearse (or even intend ot perform) Working day and night ?? - Would love to see TII footage of WDAN if he rehearsed that. - Think he would propably sing that live during the rehearsals.

Unfortunately there were no plans for Michael to perform Working Day and Night on the tour -- for the first leg, anyways. Anything could have happened on the second leg. But I agree with you. WDAN is one of the best parts of his shows.

I hope they announce the new album soon. I have two different tracklists. One is my wish tracklist with updated songs with guests on them. The other one is a more realistic tracklist. The titles I came up with are "Michael Jackson - Genesis" and "Michael Jackson - Renewal Collection". Please, don't hate me for my opinions.

My wish tracklist:
1. Escape
2. Triple Cable Threat
3. Updated Black Widow With Slash (Note: I don't care that it is a Cascio song, I still like it.)
4. Men In Black
5. Updated Can't Get Your Weight Off Of Me With Slash
6. Dirty Diana Demo
7. Chicago 1945, aka Chicago
8. A Place With No Name
9. Updated Blue Gangsta With Usher
10. Updated Burn Tonight With Carlos Santana (Note: I don't care that it is a Cascio song, I still like it.)
11. Buffalo Bill
12. Hollywood Tonight Demo
13. Updated She Got It With Jay-Z
14. Slapstick

My realistic tracklist:
1. Blue Gangsta
2. I'm A Loser
3. To Satisfy You
4. She Got It
5. Days In Gloucestershire
6. A Place With No Name
7. Men In Black
8. Chicago
9. Hot Fever
Bonus Deluxe Edition Songs:
10. Slapstick
11. Hot Street
12. Burn Tonight
13. Black Widow
14. Hollywood Tonight Demo
15. On My Anger
16. People Of The World

As in updated songs, I mean like how for Monster they added 50 Cent.

These songs aren't really coherent and why on earth would you want the estate to put Cascio on an album

I hope they announce the new album soon. I have two different tracklists. One is my wish tracklist with updated songs with guests on them. The other one is a more realistic tracklist. The titles I came up with are "Michael Jackson - Genesis" and "Michael Jackson - Renewal Collection". Please, don't hate me for my opinions.

My wish tracklist:
1. Escape
2. Triple Cable Threat
3. Updated Black Widow With Slash (Note: I don't care that it is a Cascio song, I still like it.)
4. Men In Black
6. Dirty Diana Demo
8. A Place With No Name
10. Updated Burn Tonight With Carlos Santana (Note: I don't care that it is a Cascio song, I still like it.)
11. Buffalo Bill
14. Slapstick

My realistic tracklist:
1. Blue Gangsta
2. I'm A Loser
3. To Satisfy You
4. She Got It
6. A Place With No Name
7. Men In Black
8. Chicago
9. Hot Fever
10. Slapstick
11. Hot Street
12. Burn Tonight
13. Black Widow
15. On My Anger
16. People Of The World

Because I like the songs. :)

So you don't care that they are fake, just because you "like" them?

My wish tracklist:
1. Escape
2. Triple Cable Threat
4. Men In Black
6. Dirty Diana Demo
8. A Place With No Name
11. Buffalo Bill
14. Slapstick

My realistic tracklist:
1. Blue Gangsta
2. I'm A Loser
3. To Satisfy You
4. She Got It
6. A Place With No Name
7. Men In Black
8. Chicago
9. Hot Fever
10. Slapstick
11. Hot Street
12. Burn Tonight
13. Black Widow
15. On My Anger
16. People Of The World

These songs aren't really coherent and why on earth would you want the estate to put Cascio songs on an album

Agreed. Either of those track lists would cause a war. And we already know there won't be Cascio songs.

Last edited:

Songs from Off The Wall, Thriller, Bad, and Dangerous should mostly be released on boxsets and reissues of the albums (e.g super deluxe or anniversary editions)

The new album should consist of material he recorded in the last 10 or so years of his life imo

My own tracklisting (just from looking at titles from the Invincible sessions and the 2002-2009 sessions)
1. Escape
2. A Place With No Name
3. I'm Into Something Good
4. She Was Loving Me
5. 11pm
6. From The Bottom Of My Heart
7. Thank Heaven
8. I Was The Loser
9. Bang Your Head
10. Lady Of Summer
11. I Have This Dream
12. You Are So Beautiful