Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about upcoming MJ album [Update Pg15]

I didn't say the album wouldn't sell without the greatest hits. I said that's how Sony felt. And if YOU were around in 95 you'd know that. Please read my post before quoting me next time.

I was there, at 7 in the morning buying that album thank you very much. Of course Michael Jackson couldn't sell any more records, but as Sony let's just pour millions into a promotional campaign, even though it won't sell. I think they knew that album was going to sell, hence the biggest promo campaign of Jackson's career.

I was there, at 7 in the morning buying that album thank you very much. Of course Michael Jackson couldn't sell any more records, but as Sony let's just pour millions into a promotional campaign, even though it won't sell. I think they knew that album was going to sell, hence the biggest promo campaign of Jackson's career.

exactly, who could resist Michael's art in the mid 90's? it was wonderful, each song reached out to a different part of humanity.. to try and bring the world together, it's like a mosaic of story telling.

exactly, who could resist Michael's art in the mid 90's? it was wonderful, each song reached out to a different part of humanity.. to try and bring the world together, it's like a mosaic of story telling.

*loving sigh* Tabloid Junkie is my favorite song on that album (after Stranger In Moscow) it really gets the emotions going dude..like seriously, everytime I listen to it I feel the exact pain and anger Michael did. Man he's deep lol..

Michael wasn't just an artist but he was a businessman. His estate is a business and he created that.

No, not another greatest hits album attached to this please! It wasn't a great idea with HIStory either, only made the album more expensive. And since then there are a billion MJ greatest hits albums out there on the market. The last thing we need is another one.

I've always questioned the choice of songs on the greatest hits album for HIStory. No Smooth Criminal but The Girl Is Mine? I have nothing against The Girl Is Mine, it's a sweet song, but I think that Smooth Criminal is so much better.

I've always questioned the choice of songs on the greatest hits album for HIStory. No Smooth Criminal but The Girl Is Mine? I have nothing against The Girl Is Mine, it's a sweet song, but I think that Smooth Criminal is so much better.

It was a strange 'greatest hits' for me. TGIM shouldn't have been on there in all honesty.

exactly, who could resist Michael's art in the mid 90's?

Everyone in the general public that was put off by the biggest weirdest sex scandal in pop history??

You obviously were not around as a fan during that time, to have felt the impact of that disaster.

By 1995 prior to HIStory Michael was just as radioactive as he was in 2005. Trying to bring back the focus back to the MUSICAL genius of Michael was a simple and effective Stradegy for Sony. And it was easier to achieve that with a best of album full of HITS than with new music. (Remember this was also the FIRST official best of, so this still meant something). This was all a big compromise.

Why do you think Janet Jackson was on the comeback single?
About same reason why The Girl Is Mine was included.

Things did change after 1993 but people still gave Michael a chance. In 2003 that was the worst I feel. Nobody wanted to get near Michael or give him a chance. That's I how I felt going thru both times. It hurt him a lot at the beginning and then got worse.

Things did change after 1993 but people still gave Michael a chance. In 2003 that was the worst I feel. Nobody wanted to get near Michael or give him a chance. That's I how I felt going thru both times. It hurt him a lot at the beginning and then got worse.

these years between 2003-2005 destroyed him.
sadly...

okay rehashing all of this is breaking my heart all over again. my heart still hurts for what Michael went through.

Time for some on-topic again or what?

We should focus on the now. We can't forget either what happened to him. That's why I try to appreciate anything now that focuses on Michael and his work. People were ignoring the work and missing the great things he was doing because of outside forces. I hope if there is an album that they put on all the things he was working on during those years. Michael should be appreciated and given the chance it was denied before.

Some what? ahaha ;)

Spring 2014 is March sort of time right?

the estate are based in california, and spring over in america begins in march & ends in june i believe?

Where I live the first day of spring is in March. But it doesn't mean the snow is gone lol.

Are we agreeing that the content on the new album will primarily be filled with Timbaland re-produced tracks and Rodney Jerkins material?

I think something like 3-4 Timbaland songs and 3-4 Jerkins songs + 2-3 songs from someone else would be really neat.

Are we agreeing that the content on the new album will primarily be filled with Timbaland re-produced tracks and Rodney Jerkins material?

I think something like 3-4 Timbaland songs and 3-4 Jerkins songs + 2-3 songs from someone else would be really neat.

i don't think we can come to final conclusions just yet, from the information we have now we could be getting original demo's and newly mixed versions! we have no other info to go by regarding this new record as of yet, could be anything.. could feature any song's, could feature instrumentals as bonus tracks. it's so exciting wondering what could be coming next year.

There needs to be some kind of cohesive feel. For the reproduced album I feel like ONE producer should helm the entire thing so it doesn't feel all across the map. I'm convinced that Timbaland should do it, but I wouldn't say no to hearing some Rodney Jerkins.

And spring in America is considered to start in March and end sometime in May.

There needs to be some kind of cohesive feel. For the reproduced album I feel like ONE producer should helm the entire thing so it doesn't feel all across the map. I'm convinced that Timbaland should do it, but I wouldn't say no to hearing some Rodney Jerkins.

And spring in America is considered to start in March and end sometime in May.

Album should come out in March then. Early as possible! I agree about one producer definitely, more cohesive sound which is important, although I found the 20/20 Experience all sounded very similar.

Just hope the first single will be released this year - but for each day that goes it seems less and less likely to happen. :(

I really had hoped for an official single this year. - I still hope, but I don't know if it's realistic anymore?!? - What do you think?

If they announced the new album next week - maybe Tuesday 10th with and album release day in march 2014 - then they COULD drop the first single maybe monday 16th december.

Not very likely to happen - but one can only hope right?

If the album's out in March-May the single should drop Feb-April depending on when it is announced/releasing.

iam happy with the APWNN leak at the moment, i could survive another month without a new album now lol :D
i dont think something will happen before january :/ even tho it would be nice if we could get more infos, small hints like timbos DJ tweeted few months ago would be amazing

Im wondering why all of a sudden we are hearing next to nothing from anyone about the album? For awhile there we were getting tweets from all sorts of people working on the new music. I wonder if the estate has told them to all be silent until they make an official announcement.

So for the moment i think its safe to say we can expect the following tracks on the new album..

Slave To The Rhythym
Blue Gangster
A Place With No Name

I would so much love Escape and She Was Lovin Me on the album aswell which would mean there would be four songs that most fans have already heard. Because of this there should be atleast 6 or 7 songs that we haven't heard at all which would mean the album should be atleast 10 or 11 tracks in length IMO.

Last edited:

Im wondering why all of a sudden we are hearing next to nothing from anyone about the album? For awhile there we were getting tweets from all sorts of people working on the new music. I wonder if the estate has told them to all be silent until they make an official announcement.

So for the moment i think its safe to say we can expect the following tracks on the new album..

Slave To The Rhythym
Blue Gangster
A Place With No Name
Gangster

I would so much love Escape and She Was Lovin Me on the album aswell which would mean there would be five songs that most fans have already heard. Because of this there should be atleast 6 or 7 songs that we haven't heard at all which would mean the album should be atleast 11 or 12 tracks in length IMO.

Gangster ?? - Is that a song or a mistake - meant to be Blue Gangsta?? Since Blue Gangsta is already above APWNN I am confused...

I HOPE VERY MUCH to see STTR, APWNN, BG and Escape on the new album! - DYKWYCA would be GREAT too, but not likely I think.

I hope the album will have mayby 13 tracks. - 5 songs we already have heard like STTR, Escape, APWNN, BG and one more. - I would love We've Had Enough on the album too. - That's 6 songs that a few MJ fans have heard already yes - but for the most part people have not heard these songs. - Maybe 20.000 MJ fans have heard them, but I would love the rest of the world to hear these masterpieces too! - These songs are too good to keep of the album just because a few MJ die hard fans who are on MJ fan forums and search the net for leaks etc. have heard them! - ALL people needs to hear them!!!

6 known songs (leaked) - and then 7 all brand new songs!! = 13 songs total!

THAT would be ACE!! - Would be absolutely amazing!!

Don't forget Chicago.

Gangster ?? - Is that a song or a mistake - meant to be Blue Gangsta?? Since Blue Gangsta is already above APWNN I am confused...

My bad sorry yes i mean Blue Gangster.

I don´t think it´s good to announce a new album and release a single before the holidays.
People are busy with other things and it use to be many artists who releases albums för christmas.
It´s better to wait some more months

i would like to hear some of the later stuff, especially if it is complete enough to be released. D.I.E, Be Me 4 A Day & Days in Gloucestershire are title's i'd love to see included

I said this month's ago. The album will be released to coincide with the 5th anniversary of mj's death. I Don't have insider info, It just makes sense that the mj estate would push out a big high profile product at that time. The longer you guys wait for an announcement, the closer we get to June and the more it makes sense. Anyone disagree? ???

I said this month's ago. The album will be released to coincide with the 5th anniversary of mj's death. I Don't have insider info, It just makes sense that the mj estate would push out a big high profile product at that time. The longer you guys wait for an announcement, the closer we get to June and the more it makes sense. Anyone disagree? ???

opens the windows of opportunity very much, very smart idea that would be for them indeed huh! i would love that and it'd be a great way to celebrate Michael as an artist also, using his greatest unreleased song's that are left in the archive. damn what a release this is gonna be :wild:

My Wishlist:

'MICHAEL JACKSON: THEN, NOW & FOREVER'

Tracklisting:
1. A Place With No Name
2. Don't Make Me Stay
3. Chicago
4. I Was The Loser
5. She Was Lovin' Me
6. Blue Gangsta
7. Silent Spring
8. D.I.E
9. Be Me 4 A Day
10. Days In Gloucestershire
11. Bonus Track: What More Can I Give (Solo Demo)

Album Cover:
WhatMoreCanIGive.jpg

Last edited:
Back