Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about upcoming MJ album [Update Pg15]

A Place With No Name HAS TO BE RELEASED!!!

If a finalized version exists it has to be released. - This leaked version is clearly a demo (though a great demo) I so hope for a real release of a finished version (polished and edited) on the new album!!!

I do not care if Blue Gangsta, Escape, A Place With No Name, STTR and DYKWYCA are all released on the new album!! - We may have heard them - but most of the world hasn't! - And this is quality music for the enitire world to enjoy!! Also put We've Had Enough on the album!! - People has to know that wonderful song!!

6 previously leaked song on the album in finalized versions would not do anything in my opinion if we still get 6 or 7 ALL new songs!! - An album with 13 track would be great!!

this guitar sounds so dope at the beginning.
and when mike starts to sing... wow i was instantly paralyzed just by his voice. goosebumps!

reminds me of the history and invincible album release. same excitement when u hear a complete "new" mj song.

They must make any announcement very soon

are we forgetting what's revealed on page 15? let's turn the clocks back shall we? here is what dr freeze said regarding his two song's that are to be included on the new album; ''“I’m not on the album; just my songs,” explained Freeze, whose unreleased tracks “A Place With No Name” and “Blue Gangsta”, originally recorded by the King of Pop in 1998, will be freshly remixed by new producers for the album.

“Both old and new versions of both songs are on the album to satisfy both sides of the fans,” Freeze revealed.'' and rumored to be happening for the other song's also, mentioned in a different part of the article; ''The new album, at this stage, will go with a “then and now” / “past and present” type theme, featuring both new remixes and original versions of unreleased Michael Jackson recordings.''

nothing is confirmed but i'm going by what has been written for now.

People still bought The Ultimate Collection, didn't they?! Don't be too worried. If they put out an album of 10 already heard leaks, then worry but they won't and it will be very 'new' (I'm hoping anyway). Maybe even things we didn't know existed.

No, not many people did. Check the sales figures.

I adore A Place With No Name and wouldn't mind seeing it pop up on the album, but for the time being I'm actually starting to be against leaks. Every song that leaks is one less song that we'll be able to experience for the first time exactly as Michael wanted it.

bobmoo79;3935433 said:
No, not many people did. Check the sales figures.

Yes, they really did. Check the cost of the thing when it was released. I remember in 2004 it cost £30. That's 3 times the normal CD price. When you take that into consideration and the fact people thought he was a pedophile, I think selling 1 million isn't that bad at all. One song leaking isn't going to completely crush the sales of this album. The version on the album could be completely different anyway. As long as it's not 10 songs we've all heard before, it will be fine.

"It will be drastically different from the leaked (July 2009) and higher."
I wonder what did he mean by "higher", I really like Michael's deep voice on this track. Anyway, the song is simply amazing :) Takes you to another place, can't wait fot the album.

Maybe they should have put it on the Michael album then it would never have ended up leaking. Maybe they also need to take better care of preventing leaks as well.

To be honest it's hard for me to feel sorry for them, they're slowly winning me over with the cease and desist and Bad 25 but an album of fresh tracks with no controversy will be the only thing to fully win me over.

I adore A Place With No Name and wouldn't mind seeing it pop up on the album, but for the time being I'm actually starting to be against leaks. Every song that leaks is one less song that we'll be able to experience for the first time exactly as Michael wanted it.

We will never experience a posthumous song exactly as Michael wanted it. Even if deemed finish he may of wanted to go over it again at some future time eg. like the apparent 2001 touch up of scared of the moon during the invincible sessions

Honestly though at the end of the day we didn't have to listen to these songs. I'll still support the new album if it has all the leaked songs on it.

popcorn-MJ.gif
:shifty:

Maybe they also need to take better care of preventing leaks as well.

Easier said than done. I mean, you can help prevent leaks (and it's likely Sony are doing their best), but there's only so much you can do in a time where leaking is much easier to do and it's certainly not uncommon. It's only understandable there will be the odd bit of material that will slip through the cracks :)

Last edited:

:) I am about to bust with anticipation!! I want this album so bad

^^^

Me too, can't wait!!

iam longing for new MJ songs and vocals more and more.
after this new leak, iam just totally stunned.

such a gem. i just hope they keep that essence, everybody out there MUST hear that.

but seriously, the estate has so many great songs (STTR,APWNN many more etc.), they CANT f*ck it up this time...

iam longing for new MJ songs and vocals more and more.
after this new leak, iam just totally stunned.

such a gem. i just hope they keep that essence, everybody out there MUST hear that.

but seriously, the estate has so many great songs (STTR,APWNN many more etc.), they CANT f*ck it up this time...

I dont wanna burst your bubble but this is the estate, after what happened with the michael album i think its safe to say they can pretty much **** up anything.

Come on estate/sony please make an official statement soon!

I dont wanna burst your bubble but this is the estate, after what happened with the michael album i think its safe to say they can pretty much **** up anything.

Come on estate/sony please make an official statement soon!

Alright, come on. It's no secret that Michael was a catastrophe. But many of you need to stop looking at that album as a reason to slam the estate. Let's not forget that the source material of Bad 25 was pretty damn good.

Besides, patience is a virtue. The estate is taking their time to make sure this album is actually good. We won't be getting an announcement until next year.

There is nothing to announce right now. It's way to early for that.

There is nothing to announce right now. It's way to early for that.

i agree qbee, with the estate we are becoming much too impatient. they have unearthed a lot of thing's since spike lee was given access to the mass of footage in the archives and the digitising process began, it reminded me that it's only been 4 years, and we've got Moonwalker, This Is It & a documentary on the HIStoric BAD Album on Blu-Ray. there's plenty of time to release Blu-Rays of tours and plenty more anniversaries etc. :) back to biz, the chorus on this newly leaked version of apwnn sounds extremely different to the original version played on the news in 2009. makes me wonder, is this the new cinematic version dr. freeze mentioned?

...the chorus on this newly leaked version of apwnn sounds extremely different to the original version played on the news in 2009. makes me wonder, is this the new cinematic version dr. freeze mentioned?

Sounds exactly the same as the snippet. So it's definitely the demo.

Alright, come on. It's no secret that Michael was a catastrophe. But many of you need to stop looking at that album as a reason to slam the estate. Let's not forget that the source material of Bad 25 was pretty damn good.

Besides, patience is a virtue. The estate is taking their time to make sure this album is actually good. We won't be getting an announcement until next year.

I agree, those tracks were a huge mistakes but there are cool songs nontheless. But the estate's projects such as TII, Cirque du Soleil:,Immortal and ONE, Bad 25 the cd and documentary were great decisions and most of them quite successful. It's tiring to see posts accusing the estate for that one huge mistake when they've done things right for the most part in comparison to Michael's "family" for example. We just have to wait and the result 'til next year to state a real critique.

I don't understand why some people insist on picking on the estate as much as they do, yes they have made some bad mistakes, they have also done some great things.. They don't have MJ here to guide them so there will be issues.. Non the less, I think post 'Michael', they have really shown a lot of progress in the right direction..

Now we have 4 songs expected to be in the next album ( STTR,BG,ITL,APWNN) I guise there is at least another 6 new songs

Now we have 4 songs expected to be in the next album ( STTR,BG,ITL,APWNN) I guise there is at least another 6 new songs

The only songs expected to be on the album are A Place With No Name and Blue Gangsta. Slave to the Rhythm and I Am a Loser have just as good of a chance as any other unreleased song, but for the time being they aren't expected to appear.

I agree, those tracks were a huge mistakes but there are cool songs nontheless. But the estate's projects such as TII, Cirque du Soleil:,Immortal and ONE, Bad 25 the cd and documentary were great decisions and most of them quite successful. It's tiring to see posts accusing the estate for that one huge mistake when they've done things right for the most part in comparison to Michael's "family" for example. We just have to wait and the result 'til next year to state a real critique.

Spot on. Let's not forget that the Elvis Presley estate, in the years after Elvis passed, didn't put out the most quality products. Very few estates make wise decisions in the first few years and as it seems, the recent projects have shown a dramatic increase in quality. Considering we've known about this upcoming album for quite some time and we still don't have an official announcement, we can assume that the estate is actually putting their all into this one. Let's not put them down until we HEAR something.

^^If we don't know how the final product will be like yet, it's quite absurd we criticize the Estate...

Re: News and discussion about possible upcoming MJ album

As excited as I am about this particular project, I can only hope they are doing him justice with this release (if it's ever done).

^^If we don't know how the final product will be like yet, it's quite absurd we criticize the Estate...
We cannot criticize them on particulars regarding this album until we know more. We can criticize them for past actions and base our expectations on these past actions.

Thread cleaned. If you wish to discuss your thoughts on Cascio tracks specific please take that to the Great debate thread in controversy, where it is allowed. Do not derail this thread with that discussion. This thread is about the anticipation of looking forward not back.. Of course general discussion about past disappointments is fine in context as we look forward but lets not derail this thread off topic with it.

Back