Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

Pre-orders DO count towards first week sales, so don't be scared to pre-order.

It seems this will be the May 13 competition:

May 13, 2014

USA

Black Keys - Turn Blue
Dolly Parton - Blue Smoke
Ice Cube - Everythang's Corrupt
Rascal Flatts - Rewind
Tori Amos - Unrepentant Geraldines

Not really a big competition IMO, so we have a real chance of making the album #1. (Although Lil Wayne is releasing The Carter V the previous week - let's hope he won't sell a million and stay on top for another week lol)

Even though charts are not everything - I would LOVE for MJ to reach the top spot one more time!! - Xscape #1 - Would be a dream come true!!

I hope Lil Wayne will flop so MJ can get the number 1 spot!! :lol: (never liked Lil Wayne anyway...)

Hey, I've been out of the loop for a while, so can someone just tell me whether it was ever clarified if Monster and Keep Your Head Up were real or not? I'm slightly concerned they will pull the same thing again with a new album release.

Monster, Breaking News & Keep Your Head Up. They refused to comment anything, but it's pretty much clear to everyone since other 9 Cascio songs leaked that those tracks are not legit.

Gaz confirmed there is no Cascio tracks on the new album!

I don't think we'll see Michael hit number one to be honest. As much as I despise saying it, Lil Wayne's album may be a huge success (which boggles my mind entirely. He's hands down the most embarrassing and talentless rapper in the game.)

It won't be. I'm active on hip-hop forums as well. A lot of hate for Wayne lately, and his last album was a flop compared to the standars.

Will be buying the Tori Amos album as well that day.

Two of my all time favourite artists releasing albums on the same day... wow.

It won't be. I'm active on hip-hop forums as well. A lot of hate for Wayne lately, and his last album was a flop compared to the standars.

Hope you are right! - Lil Wayne is crap anyway. - So better MJ to go to #1 !! :)

but qbee stated a few pages that the forum leaders dont get extra info

Gaz is the top boss of a leading Michael Jackson community who won an MTV award.. he deserves to see the tracklisting early.. very excited to read it and pre order it on wednesday (that's when i'll have money :lol:)

Will be buying the Tori Amos album as well that day.

Two of my all time favourite artists releasing albums on the same day... wow.

I have to agree. I will be ordering both albums as well. Of course I love MJ but Tori Amos is also one of my favorite artists. The cover of MJ's new album is very cool. :) Very excited to hear the new material.

Yeah, disappointed here too that there's only 8 songs. When was the last time anyone saw an album so short?

I'd expect the price to be cheaper than usual as a result. For all the people suggesting the deluxe version should be expensive - I don't see that happening. Many artists release a deluxe version at 2-5 quid more expensive than the normal version.

Not altogether sold on the cover.

Still excited though! It's out the week of my birthday! Last time I remember that happening was the Blood On The Dancefloor album.

Stargate was very famous in late 90s. Known to rework album versions of songs into hit friendly radio edits. Sometimes gimmicky I always felt. Stargate remixed Skywriter for the Remix Suites (if memory serves me!).

Gaz is the top boss of a leading Michael Jackson community who won an MTV award.. he deserves to see the tracklisting early.. very excited to read it and pre order it on wednesday (that's when i'll have money :lol)

He hasn't seen the tracklist. Noone has. He was just stating what we all know about the lack of Cascio songs anyway.

thiron;3975778 said:
By the way, who is that Stargate-producer? Never heard of him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargate_(production_team)

They produced hits like: Unfaithful (Rihanna), Irreplaceable (Beyoncé), Beautiful Liar (Beyoncé & Shakira), Hate That I Love You (Rihanna featuring Ne-Yo), Don't Stop the Music (Rihanna), Take a Bow (Rihanna), Broken-Hearted Girl (Beyoncé), Rude Boy (Rihanna), Beautiful Monster (Ne-Yo), Only Girl (In the World) (Rihanna), What's My Name? (Rihanna featuring Drake), Firework (Katy Perry), Black and Yellow (Wiz Khalifa), S&M (Rihanna), Diamonds (Rihanna)...

A question. (again)

When there are 8 songs more on the deluxe edition - will sales still be combined OR is the deluxe edition too different from the Normal version so that they will be counted as two different albums??

I hope sales from both normal and deluxe is combined so it counts as one album! - Otherwise chances for a #1 album is not very big...

A question. (again)

When there are 8 songs more on the deluxe edition - will sales still be combined OR is the deluxe edition too different from the Normal version so that they will be counted as two different albums??

I hope sales from both normal and deluxe is combined so it counts as one album! - Otherwise chances for a #1 album is not very big...

The sales will be combined. I think.

I'm excited about the deluxe edition - can't wait to hear Slave to the Rhythm in its original form. Eight tracks is not a lot, but I did not expect a lot more.

Not sure what to think of the snippet of the reworked Xscape that was played on GMA. Initial impression: not very big on the sustained two-note bassline and I hope MJ's beatboxing is not overused again. But will need to hear more first. In any case, we'll get the original in good quality too, so I am happy about that.

For the cover, I like that they went with something more recent-looking. The futuristic theme is alright and I think the spacesuit looks fine, but the object covering half of MJ's face looks a bit strange and seems a bit random to me ("Guys, we need something extra for the cover... -I got it, let's throw in this thing that looks like a futuristic fruit bowl around his head!! -Cool! So do we cover half of his face with it or not? -Uhm.. let's go for see-through? -But what about his hair? -Meh just leave it hanging"). :lol: I also think it looks much better in billboard form, as shown on GMA, than on the cover - it looks a bit like a cheap photoshop there to me, to be honest. In any case, this actually looks like Michael, so it's definitely an improvement over the 'Michael' artwork.

Now I am very curious to see the tracklist. Hope we will hear it soon.

After hearing the snippet of Xscape on GMA, I definitely prefer the original. Can't wait to see the tracklist!

Yeah finally :wild: - I have monitored this thread close from my office at work; Sure that I haven't done really much.:lol: I love this positiv excitement here and hope this time we may just celebrate Michael and his music.:)

I think this is taken from the internet tbh. We got no info regarding the production.

No, it's actually a line taken directly from the press release. Xscape is the only song from the album that had its original producer (Rodney Jerkins) return to finish it. Everything else is worked on by outside producers (Timbaland, Jerome J-Roc Harmon, Stargate and John McClain).

They finally changed MJ.com not a huge makeover though.

Wow this is excellent news!!
Some fans don't seem to like the cover artwork - I love it!! It just looks like as if Michael would pop out of some kind of glittery curtain (the one magicians use to hide or reveal objects). And the title fits perfectly. I'm soooooo excited!! :chillin:

And as for the 'few' 8 songs.. remember.. Michael's songs tend to be longer than average ones. I think we're looking for quality here, rather than quantity. :wub:

I'm glad they'll put on the raw tracks as well, so there'll be no confusion.

didn't they have a re direct for bad 25 on May 22nd with Pre order links and teasers? hoping for something similar tomorrow with #XSCAPE! as a side note, does anyone have the wide version of the xscape cover with ''the best you've never heard''?

Back