Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

It may be a bonus remix on the CD single if released as a single.

As for the Tupac's relationship with MJ, Michael tried to get Pac and Biggie together on this time around, as both of them shared a beef. Sadly he got only Biggie...

Didn't Tupac sample MJ's Liberian Girl in his song Changes?

He was trying to stop the beef between The Game and 50 cent too (as told in the song Better on the Other Side).

He was trying to stop the beef between The Game and 50 cent too (as told in the song Better on the Other Side).

He sampled "Liberian Girl" in his song "(Letter To) My Unborn Child".

He also sampled "Human Nature" here:

I've always thought of TDCAU while listening to this:

Speaking of google, sorry for the OT. Is there anything that can be done about the pictures that will be displayed of him when you search for "Michael Jackson"? In my country it looks like this: http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/googlemjhmn9d1jg5i.jpg

I think it's just wrong for the mugshot to show up in these results.

As far as I understood from the article I posted earlier, you can ask google to remove some sites if they have copyright infringing content (site displays photos that you are owner of), but the photo you are talking about is in google image search and comes up first:no:

Some info here: https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/4628134?hl=en

No. He sampled Liberian Girl for his song Letter 2 My Unborn. One of my favourite tracks from 'pacs Until The End Of Time album from 2001.

I'm not sure about putting MJ and 2Pac on the same record posthumusly when we do not know whether they had worked together in life. It just seems to be in poor taste to force "duets" which never happened in the life of those artists. But who knows what this recording was about. I don't think it will be on the album.

I'm not sure about putting MJ and 2Pac on the same record posthumusly when we do not know whether they had worked together in life. It just seems to be in poor taste to force "duets" which never happened in the life of those artists. But who knows what this recording was about. I don't think it will be on the album.

It would be the BOMB. Best post-death collaboration EVER. Best promo ever.

Hope it's on the album. And hope it will be a single.

I don't think it's fair to say that comment in respect to "forced duets". Remember that Michael would have needed to give 2pac's estate permission for them to use the sample from Liberian Girl on Letter 2 My Unborn back when it was released in 2001.

I don't think it's fair to say that comment in respect to "forced duets". Remember that Michael would have needed to give 2pac's estate permission for them to use the sample from Liberian Girl on Letter 2 My Unborn back when it was released in 2001.
MJ allowed many artists to sample him over the years. Him agreeing with the use of a sample on a 2pac record years after Pac died, does not indicate in any way that he would have wanted to work with him either in life or posthumously.

It would be the BOMB. Best post-death collaboration EVER. Best promo ever.

Hope it's on the album. And hope it will be a single.

Just because people love 2Pac I don't think such a duet would be in good taste. It would also smell like a cheap money grab IMO.

I also do not think MJ needs 2Pac to be cool.

Sampling is different than duets. Plus if that song was released in 2001 was that really 2Pac's choice for a sample or was it the producers' who worked on his material posthumusly?

I think people are overrating MJ right now. Making 2Pac seem less than he really is.

This could be a global hit with two dead legends. First post-humous duet release by these two will be remembered forever. It's a missed opportunity.

I think people are overrating MJ right now. Making 2Pac seem less than he really is.

This could be a global hit with two dead legends. First post-humous duet release by these two will be remembered forever. It's a missed opportunity.

Maybe it would be a commercial success, but it still would be in poor taste and I'm sure the media would not miss an opportunity to note the obviously cheap money grab such a thing would be. And this time they would be right.

And 2Pac may be huge in the US but by far not as much of an icon globally as MJ is. Even my grandma knows who MJ is, but she would have a hard time telling who 2Pac is. So let's not try to reverse it and try to act like MJ is lesser than 2Pac.

I want people to buy MJ records for MJ not for the "duet partners" on it. If you want to listen to 2Pac then go buy 2Pac albums, not MJ.

Just because people love 2Pac I don't think such a duet would be in good taste. It would also smell like a cheap money grab IMO.

I also do not think MJ needs 2Pac to be cool.
I agree. And I can imagine 2pac fans would not be overjoyed about it either. Musically his Estate has already tried to squeeze every single thing they can get out of what 2pac left behind, is this really necessary? On top of that, Changes (which is already a posthumously finished track, but at least based heavily on the original demo) is one of his best known songs. So many people know it - it would just sound cheap. Would we like it if someone would sample a verse from Man in the Mirror? I hope the answer is no...

Sure, it's okay for a remix and all. But if that were to be used as a serious way to promote this album (which I do not think is the case at all), I personally think it'd be lame and pretty cheap.

I agree. And I can imagine 2pac fans would not be overjoyed about it either. Musically his Estate has already tried to squeeze every single thing they can get out of what 2pac left behind, is this really necessary? On top of that, Changes (which is already a posthumously finished track, but at least based heavily on the original demo) is one of his best known songs. So many people know it - it would just sound cheap. Would we like it if someone would sample a verse from Man in the Mirror? I hope the answer is no...

Sure, it's okay for a remix and all. But if that were to be used as a serious way to promote this album (which I do not think is the case at all), I personally think it'd be lame and pretty cheap.

Yes, I can't imagine 2Pac fans being happy about it. And as an MJ fan I buy an MJ album to listen to MJ, not 2Pac.

Maybe it would be a commercial success, but it still would be in poor taste and I'm sure the media would not miss an opportunity to note the obviously cheap money grab such a thing would be. And this time they would be right.

And 2Pac may be huge in the US but by far not as much of an icon globally as MJ is. Even my grandma knows who MJ is, but she would have a hard time telling who 2Pac is. So let's not try to reverse it and try to act like MJ is lesser than 2Pac.

I want people to buy MJ records for MJ not for the "duet partners" on it. If you want to listen to 2Pac then go buy 2Pac albums, not MJ.

It didn't harm anyone when Biggie & Bob Marley had a song together postumously and that song received rave reviews. So why is it not conceivable that this song will be the same. I also wish that people stop comparing anyone else to Michael. He was the global icon. It's only natural that people would wanna hear the greatest artists from two promenant genres on a song together postumously or otherwise. Michael got to do it with Biggie so why not 2pac?

They should put the years on the back cover of Deluxe so everyone can see when each song was recorded.

They most probbaly will have this, but not on the bag, in the sleeve of the album

It didn't harm anyone when Biggie & Bob Marley had a song together postumously and that song received rave reviews. So why is it not conceivable that this song will be the same. I also wish that people stop comparing anyone else to Michael. He was the global icon. It's only natural that people would wanna hear the greatest artists from two promenant genres on a song together postumously or otherwise. Michael got to do it with Biggie so why not 2pac?

Biggie and MJ is different because Biggie and MJ did work together when they were both alive. 2Pac however was rather critical of MJ, so we do not even know if they had ever worked together.

I hope it never happens. At least not with the album or main single version of the song. Maybe as an obscure mix, but no more.

And I did not start to compare MJ to anyone else. It was Dorian who said that MJ is overrated while 2Pac is huge... I respectfully disagree with that. I mean 2Pac IS huge - in certain circles and cultures. But not as globally and universally huge as MJ.

So was Biggie when he was going to record TTA ;)

So? But they did work together. MJ and 2Pac never did.

So you say that because MJ never worked before with Teddy Riley he shouldn't have worked with Teddy Riley for the Dangerous album?

Hey guys, before there is a fire before smoke, can someone with twitter account ask from the guy who wrote this piece:
"On the second playback of Xscape, after many of the attendees were already retrieving phones and bags from coat check, L.A. Reid unearthed a version of the title track with vocals from Tupac Shakur’s “Changes.”"

if that track with MJ and 2pac is going to appear on album or if it was LA Reid done for his own fun, but not to be meant for the public?
I think this is the guy https://twitter.com/youngJFK

So you say that because MJ never worked before with Teddy Riley he shouldn't have worked with Teddy Riley for the Dangerous album?

Sorry, but it doesn't make sense. MJ worked with Teddy because HE wanted to work with him. It was HIS choice while he was ALIVE. A better example would have been Timbaland and yes, I have a bit of reservation about that as well, but a producer is different. What we are talking here is that they would take a hit of 2Pac and mix it with a formerly unreleased MJ track to try to make it successful. Cheap, cheap, cheap. Such cheap PR tricks are so below MJ's level as an artist.

I think I am on the verge of having a breakdown because according to my calculations the wait for Xscape will never be over. Here is my calculation:

Today we are 11th of April 2014.
The album is planned to be released on 13th of May 2014.

So, this means what? It means that there are 32 days left before the album comes out.

BUT (there is always a "but"), let's be realistic. Before reaching the 32 days, we will first have to reach 16 days of wait (half way). And, before we reach 16 days of wait, we first have to reach 8 days of wait (half way). Before that we have to reach 4 days of wait (half way). Before that we have to wait 2 days of wait (half way). Before that we have to wait 1 day of wait (half way). Before that we have to wait 12 hours (half a day). Before that we have to wait 6 hours (half of half day), etc, etc, we can wait, and wait, and wait indefinitely by divinding half by half which means that we will never reach the announced 32 days of wait since we first have to reach the half of the half of the half...indefinitely.

Illustration:

X ----------------------------------------> Y (32 days)
X ------------------>Y/2 (16 days)
X --------->Y/4 (8 days)
X ---->Y/8 (4 days)
X -->Y/16 (2 days)
etc...

Fellows I think we should give up on waiting :(
scale.php

Last edited:

Never give up
waiting.gif

It does seem like forever since the album was announced, even though it's only been a week. There's surely some new information coming next week? one month before album release, promote the hell out of everything.. still confused about the reporter saying there will be unreleased video's coming.. hope he's referring to the deluxe edition with possible DVD! we'll see though.

Speaking of the bonus DVD. If there is newly produced video/footage which is produced in FullHD a blu-ray edition would makes sense (at least for me). You know, MJ beeing cutting edge and everything, which DVD certainly isn't.

Beyonce has a DVD and blu-ray edition of her latest album :)

one thing that i find superfluous is that they keep claiming that do you know is about child abuse, when its core message is far from that. Verse one involves the parents coming home and finding their daughter missing; the chorus is a play on their obliviousness, asking if they have any idea where she is; verse two explains why she left; the bridge, to me, is the daughter's subconscious, where she is screaming for salvation; and verse three shows her fall to the ideology of hollywood, realize that it's nothing like television had promised, and resort to prostitution to make money. It's a tragedy in song form, and could be considered a prelude to hollywood tonight (the only difference being the age of the girls in each song: Twelve in dykwyca, fifteen in hollywood).

I've come to realize that there is no reason why do you know shouldn't be released. Simply because michael was accused of heinous activities that he was found not guilty of? Let's not forget that john lennon admitted to beating women, was obsessive with yoko ono, was majorly unfaithful to her, treated his son julian like dirt and admitted that julian was the result of a drunken night out, yet you rarely hear about that. The media can focus on john's music and not his personal life. Do the same for michael.

amen to that!! ;)

i think i am on the verge of having a breakdown because according to my calculations the wait for xscape will never be over. Here is my calculation:

Today we are 11th of april 2014.
The album is planned to be released on 13th of may 2014.

So, this means what? It means that there are 32 days left before the album comes out.

but (there is always a "but"), let's be realistic. Before reaching the 32 days, we will first have to reach 16 days of wait (half way). And, before we reach 16 days of wait, we first have to reach 8 days of wait (half way). Before that we have to reach 4 days of wait (half way). Before that we have to wait 2 days of wait (half way). Before that we have to wait 1 day of wait (half way). Before that we have to wait 12 hours (half a day). Before that we have to wait 6 hours (half of half day), etc, etc, we can wait, and wait, and wait indefinitely by divinding half by half which means that we will never reach the announced 32 days of wait since we first have to reach the half of the half of the half...indefinitely.

Illustration:

X ----------------------------------------> y (32 days)
x ------------------>y/2 (16 days)
x --------->y/4 (8 days)
x ---->y/8 (4 days)
x -->y/16 (2 days)
etc...

Fellows i think we should give up on waiting :(
scale.php

lol!!!!

I hope that none of the lyrics have been removed on Do You Know Where Your Children Are. Just like what happened with Hollywood Tonight

Back