Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

I know the estate isn't comprised of geniuses, but Love Never Felt So Good isn't going to be the bonus track. I can promise that much.

600a95ef_I-See-What-You-Did-There-Rage-Face-Meme.png

Not sure if I've heard the leaked version of Xscape that's 5:44. The one I'm familiar with is about 15 seconds shorter.

I admit, it is not a very scientific comparison. I should have said many of the leaks I heard were on YT. In those cases, the start and end depend on the uploader. In all of the comparisons, I believe there was no more than a 15 second discrepancy. The Xscape leak I am referring to was on YT as well and the uploader made a video for Xscape using the chase scenes from Smooth Criminal.

Reformatted version :p

1. Love Never Felt So Good - 3:54
2. Chicago - 4:05
3. Loving You - 3:15
4. A Place With No Name - 5:35
5. Slave to the Rhythm - 4:15
6. Do You Know Where Your Children Are - 4:36
7. Blue Gangsta - 4:14
8. Xscape - 4:04
9. Love Never Felt So Good (Original Version) - 3:19
10. Chicago (Original Version) - 4:43
11. Loving You (Original Version) - 3:02
12. A Place With No Name (Original Version) - 4:55
13. Slave to the Rhythm (Original Version) - 4:35
14. Do You Know Where Your Children Are (Original Version) - 4:39
15. Blue Gangsta (Original Version) - 4:16
16. Xscape (Original Version) - 5:44
17. Love Never Felt So Good (Michael Jackson and Justin Timberlake) - 4:05
18. Making of XSCAPE - ?:??
19. Making of XSCAPE (Outtakes) - 2:39

Standard Version - 33:58 (average 4:14)
Deluxe Version* - 69:11 (average 4:19)

* does not include tracks 17, 18 or 19

I can listen to the solo version of Love never felt so good on youtube.
It´s 792 669 views now

MIST;3994791 said:
I can listen to the solo version of Love never felt so good on youtube.
It´s 792 669 views now

In Hungary I'm unable to watch the solo version now.

From India, and I can't watch it either.

Hey, by the way is there any word out there about a short film???

Thread cleaned! This is the final warning to stop arguing and derailing the thread. Any confrontational post will be deleted without notice.

Finally! Smiles everywhere for the new song! even the media loves it :D

It feels good to see all this hype without controversy. I just wish they had done the right job with the 'Michael' album too. Finally, with this release we have the hype as it is supposed to be. All I hope now is that the Estate maintain and keep up this pace with the rest of the songs.

I don't know whether to dance or cry, I'm so happy and love that damn song:D

First thing I did when I woke up is to play LNFSG (duet version as solo version is restricted in Ireland too?) and it wasn't a dream, it is a great song:bow:

Btw MJ ft JT version has 1,478,996 views in youtube :clapping:

Last edited:

I don't know whether to dance or cry, I'm so happy and love that damn song:D

First thing I did when I woke up is to play LNFSG (duet version as solo version is restricted in Ireland too?) and it wasn't a dream, it is a great songs:bow:

Btw MJ ft JT version has 1,478,996 views in youtube :clapping:

Yes, and the solo version has about 700k views according to those who are still able to see it. So that's about 2.2-2.3 million views in about 24 hours! I checked Coldplay's new song yesterday and it had 2 million views after 3 days on YT (it was uploaded on April 29). And there is big hype about their album, so this 2.2 million views in a day is awesome for MJ!

WHY did they block the solo version? :mat:

Yes, and the solo version has about 700k views according to those who are still able to see it. So that's about 2.2-2.3 million views in about 24 hours! I checked Coldplay's new song yesterday and it had 2 million views after 3 days on YT (it was uploaded on April 29). And there is big hype about their album, so this 2.2 million views in a day is awesome for MJ!

Not to mention Golplay are touring at the moment so they can promote their stuff, so it is great to see how well that damn song is doing:D

I call it that damn song because I keep playing it and cannot stop listening to it:chillin:
I might have serious addiction to it :D

Last edited:

Didn't somebody mention that the estate/Sony is made aware of that solo version cannot be played in youtube and they are working towards fixing the problem?

Oh they better :angry:

WHY did they block the solo version? :mat:

I don't mind, because I couldn't resist to listen to the new JT/MJ/Timbaland version with my wife and my daughter (1,5 years old). We were all mesmerized! What a production, what a song. I was in ecstasy, emotional and happy at the sine time!

Words can't express how thankful I am to LA REID. That mans own all of us a big hug!

My daughter wants more, (she can't talk yet, but the word 'more' in Dutch she knows. And she just can't stop dancing and saying HEE-HEE, AAUWWW!! Can't blame her, it's the king of pop! He reaches us all over the world with his music!

Can't wait for the album to drop, may 9th.

Not to mention Golplay are touring at the moment so they can promote their stuff, so it is great to see how well that damn song is doing:D

I call it that damn so because I keep playing it and cannot stop listening to it:chillin:
I might have serious addiction to it :D

I have seen many comments recently by people saying how SICK they are already of Happy. But I'd kind of love it if LNFSG became such a big hit that people would get sick of it by the end. :D

I don't mind, because I couldn't resist to listen to the new JT/MJ/Timbaland version with my wife and my daughter (1,5 years old). We were all mesmerized! What a production, what a song. I was in ecstasy, emotional and happy at the sine time!

Words can't express how thankful I am to LA REID. That mans own all of us a big hug!

My daughter wants more, (she can't talk yet, but the word 'more' in Dutch she knows. And she just can't stop dancing and saying HEE-HEE, AAUWWW!! Can't blame her, it's the king of pop! He reaches us all over the world with his music!

Can't wait for the album to drop, may 9th.

It's a shame there are so many comments online with "Sony cashing Michael" or "Michael wouldn't want this released" or even "This is not Michael"...

Didn't somebody mention that the estate/Sony is made aware of that solo version cannot be played in youtube and they are working towards fixing the problem?

I did. They're working it out,

It's interesting that they cut off some of 'Chicago'! will be a great honor to hear the original track in all it's glory, this is Michael's time! Only 9 days to go until new music!!!!!!! such hype/appreciation, i'm loving all the compliments by the fans. & i just wanted to say that Justin Timberlake was the perfect choice for the duet, he has a great voice and is a real gentlemen with true respect for Michael.

respect77;3994847 said:
I have seen many comments recently by people saying how SICK they are already of Happy. But I'd kind of love it if LNFSG became such a big hit that people would get sick of it by the end. :D

Yes, I've been to hospital four times already, cuz I am so happy that once I was throwing up the whole night, then I got high temperature, around 42°, then I had very bad diarrhea for days which caused dehydratation. I wonder,if happiness a good thing after all.

BUMPER SNIPPET;3994852 said:
Yes, I've been to hospital four times already, cuz I am so happy that once I was throwing up the whole night, then I got high temperature, around 42°, then I had very bad diarrhea for days which caused dehydratation. I wonder,if happiness a good thing after all.

:rollin:

Update: 1,542,932 view for duet version:clapping:

''MICHAEL JACKSON featuring DANGELO + MARY J. BLIGE
"HOT FUN IN THE SUMMERTIME"
My opinion for what's its worth, they really made a mistake by not including this track on the album. Hopefully some day it will see the light of day.
Peace, Jesse
Lauren Ceradini wrote:
Guys who is Jesse Johnson who is tweeting about D'Angelo, Mary J and Questlove being on the album. Can we have this removed?
http://www.complex.com/music/2014/03/michael-jackson-xscape-album
Lauren Ceradini
Epic Records
Vice President, Publicity
(Jesse's email response to Lauren's email)
Hello Lauren,
May I ask you: "Who are you???? An employee at a Epic Records? www.JesseJohnson.com is some what who I am.
Lets see, who am I? I written a few "HIT SONGS", I'm Grammy nominated recording artist/producer, I've been instrumental in selling millions of albums, and by the way; "I'm the guy that help to put this Michael & D'Angelo project together.
Unbeknownst to me, I wasn't aware that I was an employee (underling) of yours, nor was I aware that you possessed complete control over what I can and cannot say (I Thought Slavery Was Abolished),
but I guess indentured servitude is the tradition of the majors labels for which you serve and represent. Please send me a company memo regarding guidelines to your company's civil rights laws,
or better yet how they pertain to me. I can already tell that you, LAUREN as an agent for EPIC RECORDS, could care less about us minions, but I did record and play all the guitars on this track. (Right, I know, as if that matters to you or yours!)
Have a great day Lauren.
Respectfully,
Jesse Johnson (aka: Mr. NoOne or Nobody depending on the situation. (I am ok with either

(Lauren's response)
On Apr 5, 2014, at 7:11 AM, wrote:
Obviously it's not difficult to find out who I am since you were able to track me down. My job is to put out accurate information to the public regarding projects on Epic Records. Unfortunately, you are putting out false information to the public regarding the new Michael Jackson album Xscape. I'm sure it wasn't your intention to mislead the public on who was on the album however, that's why my job exists, to accurately report to the public.
Thanks for your understanding.
Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
Jesse's response to Lauren's email:
April 5 2014 at 7:54am
What I Wrote Is 100% Accurate!
I didn't track you down, your email was forwarded to me by persons you sent it to inquiring about who am I!
As far as I'm concern, we did finish the song titled "Hot Fun In The Summertime" (Sly & The Family Stones's) for the release. Whether it makes your release is not my concern. What I wrote is 100% accurate and factual non the less.
Respectfully,
Jesse Johnson
........................................radio silence..........................!''

Source: https://www.facebook.com/JesseJohnsonfan/posts/10152382120566224

P.S i hope we hear this track in the future.

Reformatted version :p

1. Love Never Felt So Good - 3:54
2. Chicago - 4:05
3. Loving You - 3:15
4. A Place With No Name - 5:35
5. Slave to the Rhythm - 4:15
6. Do You Know Where Your Children Are - 4:36
7. Blue Gangsta - 4:14
8. Xscape - 4:04
9. Love Never Felt So Good (Original Version) - 3:19
10. Chicago (Original Version) - 4:43
11. Loving You (Original Version) - 3:02
12. A Place With No Name (Original Version) - 4:55
13. Slave to the Rhythm (Original Version) - 4:35
14. Do You Know Where Your Children Are (Original Version) - 4:39
15. Blue Gangsta (Original Version) - 4:16
16. Xscape (Original Version) - 5:44
17. Love Never Felt So Good (Michael Jackson and Justin Timberlake) - 4:05
18. Making of XSCAPE - ?:??
19. Making of XSCAPE (Outtakes) - 2:39

Standard Version - 33:58 (average 4:14)
Deluxe Version* - 69:11 (average 4:19)

* does not include tracks 17, 18 or 19

The leaked versions of BG and APWN are longer. Weird. Curious if the cut off or they put alternate versions/mixes.

And one more thing about the new Coldplay album: it has 9 songs. That's just one more than Xscape and that's a current band who are capable of doing new music. So no need to complain about how Xscape only has 8 songs.

If all 8 songs are ass good as LNFSG Xscape will be one hell of an album!! - It's could really be great!! - And I hope it will be of course!!

I have heard the LNFSG on replay since it was available in Denmark! - I like it more and more with each listen!!! - And I really liked it after first listen!! - Now it's like magic !!!

BUMPER SNIPPET;3994852 said:

Drink milk. Drink fresh milk. Drink fresh milk from cow. Drink milk & think "moo moo".

Jesse Johnson's FB page:

Back