Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

BTW......forgot to post this yesterday, on this Monday's edition of Entertainment Tonight, they will be interviewing Justin Timberlake and he will be telling the story of how Michael encouraged him to go solo (which he said he has never spoken about before now).

Hopefully we get to hear more about how the collaboration on this song came to be.

RT @U4MJL: .@jtimberlake will tell story on how MJ encouraged him to go solo on @etonlinealert on Monday #LoveNeverFeltSoGood #MJandJT

Don't we get another song on Monday?

Where's the link?

Here, I found it:

291ewr6.jpg

Sunwalker7;3995159 said:
Well, yes, LNFSG had a huge multiformat radio deal for the release day, and it’s impossible to tell how it will do on radio in the long run. But even if it does nothing on radio after the first few days, the airplay has already exposed people to this song and the new album. The song is doing nicely on iTunes, and maybe even more importantly the album has increased significantly. For example on US iTunes the album made it to the top 10, higher than it was on the first day of pre-order. It means that people heard the song, and liked it so much that they actually pre-ordered the album without hearing the rest of the songs.

And besides, I hope the huge radio deal means that the label is invested in this project and is seriously trying to make the album as successful as possible. There have been some complaints about lack of promo with some earlier releases. It looks like this time we can’t blame the label for not doing their job!

I agree and I'm glad the song has made people aware of the album. I didn't say it was a bad thing that they invested in this. I was just trying to explain how he got so many spins on the radio all of a sudden. :)

LOL now there are 4 versions charting. I would post the list of worldwide iTunes positions, but since it’s longer than the Lord of the Rings, I’ll just post the song's position on US iTunes:

5. Love Never Felt So Good
37. Love Never Felt So Good
41. Love Never Felt So Good
109. Love Never Felt So Good

Are you sure? I mean, look:

swv7tk.png

Well, that's how it always works when I purchase stuff from iTunes. I had the option to buy the solo version and JT version, there was nothing else.

116657_900.gif

Love Never Felt So Good
#1 Belarus
#1 Denmark
#1 Grenada
#1 Kazakhstan
#1 Oman
#1 Poland
#1 Russia
#1 Sri Lanka
#2 Czech Republic
#2 Egypt
#2 Grenada
#2 Netherlands
#2 Poland
#2 Romania
#2 Russia
#2 Slovenia
#2 Ukraine
#2 Venezuela
#3 Argentina
#3 Azerbaijan
#3 Belarus
#3 Brazil
#3 Czech Republic
#3 Egypt
#3 Romania
#3 Slovenia
#3 Sweden
#3 Ukraine
#3 Venezuela
#4 Argentina
#4 Brazil
#4 Chile
#4 Estonia
#4 Finland
#4 Macau
#4 Saudi Arabia
#4 Slovakia
#4 Spain
#4 Sweden
#5 United States
#5 Chile
#5 Colombia
#5 Estonia
#5 Finland
#5 Macau
#5 Malaysia
#5 Sweden
#6 Armenia
#6 Colombia
#6 Estonia
#6 Lithuania
#6 Malta
#6 Moldova
#6 Nigeria
#6 Slovakia
#6 Spain
#6 Sri Lanka
#7 Guatemala
#7 Israel
#7 Latvia
#7 Lithuania
#7 Malta
#7 United Arab Emirates
#8 Cyprus
#8 Netherlands
#8 Norway
#8 United Arab Emirates
#9 Cyprus
#9 Hungary
#9 Malaysia
#9 Mexico
#9 Norway
#9 Singapore
#9 Slovakia
#10 Netherlands
#10 Peru
#10 Saudi Arabia
#10 Sweden
#11 India
#11 Nigeria
#12 Canada
#12 France
#12 Indonesia
#12 Italy
#13 Belgium
#13 Greece
#13 India
#13 Mexico
#13 Poland
#14 France
#14 Italy
#14 Peru
#14 Taiwan
#15 Finland
#15 Hungary
#15 Luxembourg
#15 Malaysia
#15 Turkey
#16 Belgium
#16 Poland
#17 Hong Kong
#19 Chile
#19 Spain
#19 Thailand
#20 Norway
#20 Portugal
#21 France
#21 Japan
#21 Switzerland
#22 Brunei Darussalam
#22 Denmark
#22 Japan
#23 Denmark
#24 Brazil
#24 Germany
#24 Switzerland
#25 United Kingdom
#25 Taiwan
#25 Turkey
#26 United Kingdom
#26 Spain
#27 United Kingdom
#27 Greece
#28 Azerbaijan
#29 Slovakia
#29 Turkey
#30 Germany
#30 Hong Kong
#31 Germany
#31 Luxembourg
#32 Mexico
#33 Netherlands
#33 Philippines
#33 South Africa
#34 Austria
#34 Ireland
#35 Belgium
#35 Israel
#36 Denmark
#36 Italy
#36 South Africa
#37 United States
#37 Finland
#37 Hong Kong
#38 Australia
#38 South Africa
#39 United Kingdom
#39 New Zealand
#39 Thailand
#41 United States
#41 Canada
#43 Austria
#43 Luxembourg
#44 Canada
#44 Mauritius
#44 New Zealand
#44 Russia
#45 Bulgaria
#45 Mauritius
#46 New Zealand
#48 Australia
#48 Austria
#48 Poland
#48 United Arab Emirates
#49 Taiwan
#51 Australia
#52 Peru
#52 Switzerland
#53 Czech Republic
#53 Ireland
#59 Brazil
#59 Indonesia
#61 France
#62 Japan
#62 Malaysia
#62 Taiwan
#64 Colombia
#68 Indonesia
#68 Ireland
#74 United Arab Emirates
#76 Brunei Darussalam
#77 Ireland
#79 Chile
#79 Norway
#102 Italy
#103 Belgium
#109 United States
#109 Germany
#112 Austria
#112 Egypt
#116 Brazil
#121 Peru
#124 Romania
#126 Czech Republic
#127 Lithuania
#134 Philippines
#144 Russia
#146 Sri Lanka
#147 Sri Lanka
#148 Sri Lanka
#156 Australia
#156 Japan
#170 Canada
#178 Denmark
#187 Finland
#187 New Zealand
#188 Mexico
#188 Russia
#191 Colombia
#194 Dominican Republic
#241 Trinidad and Tobago
#260 Kenya
#376 Ecuador

That means more money for the Estate/Sony/MJ :) :) ;) ;)

From BillBoard Magazine :)
11_zps7a6ddb22.jpg

2_zps72750e6c.jpg

I honestly prefer the solo version of the new LNFSG,and I don't know what the Estate is thinking getting new artists involved in Michael's posthumous projects.
We never will know how Michael would've wanted this song to be when he recorded it in the early 80's,but I'm 100% sure that he wanted to keep it as a solo version.

I honestly prefer the solo version of the new LNFSG,and I don't know what the Estate is thinking getting new artists involved in Michael's posthumous projects.
We never will know how Michael would've wanted this song to be when he recorded it in the early 80's,but I'm 100% sure that he wanted to keep it as a solo version.

It was meant to be a duet. With Anka. Just as This Is It. It was written and recorded for Anka's 1983 album called "Walk A Fine Line"

I feel that the duet instrumental suits JT's addition perfectly, whilst the solo version compliments Michael wonderfully! the old school aura highlights his brilliance whilst working on a song.. even if it was only in a very early state, it feels far more unique/soulful than anything that is released these days. I hope the estate have a lot of success, so we can get more goodies in the future.

It was meant to be a duet. With Anka. Just as This Is It. It was written and recorded for Anka's 1983 album called "Walk A Fine Line"
???? Are you sure you're talking about Love Never Felt So Good? Not the right song.

horrible enough that it was considered to be a duet with anka. :puke:
we can be happy with JT on the remix.

11_zps7a6ddb22.jpg

2_zps72750e6c.jpg

How did you get it? I mean they are asking for credit card information on the link that was posted to download it, even though they say it's free.

I would buy the actual billboard issue, I just would like to know the infos in advance:) Couldn't you post the text from the PDF or something?

How awesome is this?! [Dutch iTunes]

dH9tLcz.jpg

Bumper I hope never go away you are a comic relief- I don't know how you come up with all those tid bits but they are hilarious!:hysterical:

Where's the link?

I am so sorry i didn't post the link cause it was leaked so it was illegal to post it here i thought...But i guess someone posted it already :D :D

11_zps7a6ddb22.jpg

2_zps72750e6c.jpg

There is a continuation of the story on page 53 I think (it si written 51 but in the pdf it will be 53) :D :D

yeah here the continuation :)

666666666_zpsb4a89a7c.jpg

i had not read it yet guys ..but i will post info about each song wait I'm uploading :D

Sunwalker7;3995159 said:
And besides, I hope the huge radio deal means that the label is invested in this project and is seriously trying to make the album as successful as possible. There have been some complaints about lack of promo with some earlier releases. It looks like this time we can’t blame the label for not doing their job!

I have to say the promo has been fantastic. That radio deal is huge! That's a great way to promote the album. They are seriously doing a great job to make this album a huge success. :clapping:

Agreed....solo version is the one I will play in the future as well.

the original versions are the one's i appreciate most, they are HIStorical... recording's that Michael personally worked on, reading Antonio's comments about Slave To The Rhythm is so inspiring! Michael worked so hard on that song, time's like this make me even more proud to be a fan.

Guys..here are The Stories Behind the each song :)

1_zps527ba4d3.jpg

2_zpse8ad40a1.jpg

3_zpsad5c5622.jpg

Last edited:

and when the album drops nobody will play that 1st track again right ? :p

I like LNFSG - so when the album drops I will still hear track 1 a lot !! - Would never skip that great song!

It is for FANS to support Xscape not Jackson family members including Michael's children.

Jackie works in some capacity with the Estate so it is logical he would tweet about it. Even when Michael was alive, he did not publicly state "buy my sister's Janet's cd" as that would be deemed unprofessional and a form of nepotism that the media would never forgive any Jackson for. Michael would circumvent that by always saying which song by Janet he loved to dance to.

That Jesse is disappointed is understandable. That he his a little angry if a public relations guy sends messages out with: "Who is this guy talking... about this Epic release" is also understandable. She should have known who worked on the project & who submitted works for it. That it wasn't chosen that was of course not her fault. But she was a little ignorant & arrogant towards this musician/producer.

I hope for a release in the future. I like D'Angelo & Mary J. a lot & of course i wanna hear every line & every note MJ ever sang.

Thank you. Timberlake is stating on Twitter he is honored to be on a Michael Jackson song and will be discussing it in several interviews most likely. Jesse is understandably angry as he finally received the honor of working on a Michael Jackson record and no one will hear it. HFITS had quite a bit of talent on one song so it is a waste not being able to hear it on Xscape. It would have been grand for the bonus song to be an unheard song. Instead we have the Anka dream listing. (I could not resist typing that last sentence.) laughs

Back