Xscape General Discussion

Great letter ^^from the estate and I took note of this: The general public, and more importantly the media, often takes cues from the fan community. The support of the fan community publicly will only augment the support of the general public for Michael Jackson. I hope certain people are reading this, that is, those who like to spread boycott, and create negative campaigns about the album and illusion all over the internet.

For the first time I saw an Xscape ad and was very excited. It was a poster on the wall in a subway.

Thank you Estate/Sony for doing a FANTASTIC job in promoting this INCREDIBLE masterpiece named XSCAPE. I am so looking forward to what you are planning. I have bought 5 albums before release , and bought 2 more this week. I will work hard trying to do my part in keeping Michael's great music in the ears of as many ppl as I can.

Tygger, I am so happy to see how passionate you are about this album. I really commend you on this. But what the estate was trying to convey is that the VMJ performance brought the general public into the fold. I know for some fans it was not their cup of tea, but we need to spread this to the masses and this is what this performance was aiming for and it succeeded. Yes, it was no. 1 in over 50 countries before this, but afterwards millions of ppl knew about this album that had no idea about it before this performance. Also it catapulted "Love" into 9th place in the U.S. singles charts which broke records. The album is still selling well and top of the charts not only because it is that good but because a lot more people are now aware of the release. That was A+ promotion for sure. We still need to do more work. But this is indeed a great start. :D

Nora Timberlaker ? ? ?@Nora74100 2 h.

@ErinStevenson This Shot is amazing and beautiful! Such a beauty .. A tenderness for Michael Jackson pic.twitter.com/2DH2kRo119
BokyozMIcAAHjtz.jpg

Look at this little guy from Japan - Celebrating Xscape Party (MJJFanclub Japan)

WOOT WOOT This is worth sharing -- #MJXSCAPE #MJFAM http://fb.me/19qdhvZju

made my day :clapping::punk:

I would so touch that photo of Michael like that and that boy is FANTASTIC! :D :D :D

Great letter ^^from the estate and I took note of this: The general public, and more importantly the media, often takes cues from the fan community. The support of the fan community publicly will only augment the support of the general public for Michael Jackson. I hope certain people are reading this, that is, those who like to spread boycott, and create negative campaigns about the album and illusion all over the internet.

For the first time I saw an Xscape ad and was very excited. It was a poster on the wall in a subway.

Petrarose you are really awesome. I believe the overwhelming great response by fans all over the world will smash any of the negativity. I try to do my part as I know you do to spread the word. I go to YT and always post great positive posts and do daily radio requests.

Now, do you know how I can spread this great video from this little kid dancing to STTR on Facebook? Thank you to anybody that can help.

Zakk;3995082 said:
this is the digipack version, i'll be buying the hard case! less prone to getting damaged, and it's around £16 cheaper, lol.
hi Zakk was your copy really the hard case version and, if yes, please could you tell me where you got it/ post a link?
thank you :)

Nice to hear that The Estate is just getting started. So looking forward to what's next.

Tricia70, I appreciate your response however; I do not see what you see in the statement. I see the Estate defending its Billboard promotion to their critics which happen to be some online MJ fans.

I also see very similar statements made in the previous Billboard thread repeated in this statement which is baffling because those statements were successfully debunked. Blaming Alki for the Estate not managing expectation is a stretch but, blaming ABC for promotion that the Estate/Sony authorized is ridiculous. The media and the general public did not take cues from fans' public support of Michael when he was alive and I am not as confident as the statement's author that this has changed. The estate cannot defend their general public claim as no poster here has been able to.

I do not know if streaming the Billboard spectacle for STTR is the reason LNFSG is being streamed heavily. Billboard credits the heavy streaming of the official LNFSG video to the success of the LNFSG. Time will tell if STTR will land on Billboard's charts. The single has had success on ITunes.

I am interested as are others in seeing what Estate/Sony will do to keep momentum for Xscape so it has longevity. I supported the campaign thus far minus this one stunt. I want the focus to remain on the work of Michael and the Xscape producers.

Why there was not a full length documentary on the Xscape project I will never understand.

Tricia I don't know about facebook unfortunately. When one of the technical people log in they will help.

Xscape is a masterpiece and the campaign is well thought out. I like the way the estate always sends these little notes as updates, to keep up our spirits, or to excite us. To me they are like little love notes even though some will not see them as such. It reminds me of how Michael would send out little notes to fans on pillows, paper, & napkins. Another thing is I love how they are able to connect to A List organizations to showcase Xscape, like the BB, and the company that did the illusion. They make sure that Michael Jackson and his work is associated with EXCELLENCE. Also, they don't have any whiners and complainers on their teams, but people who have vision, action, and the ability to create rather than sit back and complain.

I must say I am really excited about the new Xscape related deals and the album. I keep checking Best Buy to see how many copies remain on the shelves, since the store is right by the subway I use. I then get tempted to buy 2 copies for casual people. I think to date I have bought over 50 copies of Xscape and I am not finished yet. At first I was taking count, then I just threw up my hands in the air and said forget it!!

Quick question, I've got both versions of the album. I ripped the deluxe on to my laptop, I was just wondering if there is any way to turn them into Mp3's. I've got a convertor but once I've converted them they don't play. Any ideas ?

When ripping from CD to a computer, the ripper application most often transfers the files on the CD to a FLAC file type. Unfortunately, iTunes doesn't play FLAC files, so if you're using iTunes, this could be the problem. Convert it to a different file type upon ripping the CD, or just use the "Import CD" function on whatever music application you use.

Quick question, I've got both versions of the album. I ripped the deluxe on to my laptop, I was just wondering if there is any way to turn them into Mp3's. I've got a convertor but once I've converted them they don't play. Any ideas ?

Um, didn't you just say you ripped it to your laptop? What format and what software did you use to do THAT then?

By default, iTunes rips cd's or files to it's AAC format, but you can change it to anything file type or bitrate you want...

002448xet883sc800bbc0e.jpg

1341303mdfzwfb8uq48fi4.jpg

Hong Kong taxi.

0023209cu3hw6wh8u7uwuk.jpg

0023253ppc9fyeehtzmlex.jpg

0023223d357o3bth1zd122.jpg

Hong Kong street flash mob

Last edited:
MarkCowen ?@TheJacksonsUK 11 h.
#MichaelJackson #king enough said @mjBeats @MJJCommunity @MJJJusticePrjct @MJStarOfficial @MJacksonHD @MJonlineteam pic.twitter.com/2yeCu8bHBu
BolPPOwCAAA7DFL.jpg

HK4.jpg

Last edited:
So I went to the cinemas to watch Godzilla on sunday evening and guess what. As part of the adverts and trailers they played the Sony Xperia TV Ad with STTR. So cool!

I too took a note about that, very tactically put.

There are fans that are incapable find any good about anything that has been released since MJ passing.
If there is a new release these people will keep quiet until they find this one thing that is wrong with it, and concentrate on it. There are positive things too, but they go unnoticed because it is the negativity that is their driving force.

I came across new word Negaholic on someones twitter
"Worse than a Negative Nancy, or Debbie Downer. This person is excessively negative, even during the happiest of times. They find themselves completely incapable of being positive. Some might call them pessimists, but they are much worse. They seem to be addicted to negativity.
My hubby is the biggest negaholic EVER! I surprised him with a new flatscreen tv for his birthday. Instead of smiling and hugging me, he instead frowned and asked how much I spent on it since he was planning on buying a new hard drive for his computer with our extra dough. Then he frowned some more because he realized he was another year older."

Yeah, looks familiar:(

I used to love the excitement and hustle and bustle when there is going to be new release, but now I'm just dreading it because I know it is going to be turned into fight among fans. I already thought I should stay away from Xscape thread after its release, because what happened after Bad 25, but thought maybe this time it will be ok. I was wrong.

I don't let this eternal negativity affect me that much, the more I read invalid negative arguemnts on Xscape the more I'm convinced it's a great project because there are so few things you can complain about (if any) and it looks pathetic when people pick on the littlest things just so they can whine. When I see comments and stuff on fan commuinities, I see a lot of negativity, but when I talk to fans in private, they say they love it. I think negative people will always be more vocal than the ones who are satisfied and it gives you the illusion there are many haters. They're not that many, they're just loud.

Extremely satisfied with all aspects of the xscape project.. the world is warming to Michael's music again with such recognition/admiration.. it's beautiful to see! Michael's music still reaches out to all generations, his music is a constant reminder of how gifted he was and his unstoppable significance in entertainment culture.. There should be no negativity at this time, Michael needs all the praise he can receive and it is a beautiful thing to see the need for his creations is still as powerful as ever. I have to be honest, the new mixes of these tracks are starting to grow on me a lot more, especially a place with no name.. which is something i sure didn't expect when i first heard it.. the opening gasps are just a perfect compliment to the entire track, Slave to The Rhythm also.. been dancing to that one all week, i don't think i'll ever get tired of this record.. very much looking forward to the official announcement of the sales figures by the estate.. i hope we got at least over 750,000 which is entirely possible, especially for such a genius like Michael!

Tricia70, down the picture there are three words "Like", "Comment" and "Share".

Share is what you need. Good Luck!

What do u guys think they mean by them "just getting started"?

i would imagine, this is in regard to there planned projects! i am excited to see what is coming next, what do you guys think it could be? i could do with some high def visual footage if i'm honest.

Dear Mods, would it be possible for you to set up a poll where the MJJC could vote on which song should be the next single? Although, there is already an external poll in this section, it might be interesting to only see the opinions of the MJJC members. This is also timely as the radio airplay and momentum for Love Never Felt So Good appears to be slowing down. In the poll, you could list the 7 remaining songs which have not yet been released. In addition to voting for the next single, the members can leave a comment to explain their chose if the prefer. Would others be interested in this?

Pharrell Williams "Super Happy" For Justin Timberlake And Michael Jackson After Team-Up @CapitalOfficial Listen to the interview: http://www.capitalfm.com/artists/pharrell-williams/news/justin-timberlake-michael-jackson-happy/ …

The US star says he is excited a team-up between the two artists finally got to happen.

Pharrell Williams says he is "super happy" that Justin Timberlake and Michael Jackson finally got to collaborate, on their new single 'Love Never Felt So Good'.
The track is the lead release from the post-humous Michael Jackson album 'Xscape', and Pharrell spoke exclusively to Capital about the song's success."I'm super happy for him, you know, a posthumous album that does well," Pharrell told Capital's showbiz reporter Kevin Hughes. "It made the most sense in the world for Justin and Michael to collaborate."I think that they needed to get together," the 'Happy' star explained. "I mean, they had always talked about it, and better now than never right?

weLoveMJImmortal ‏@mjThisisitlove 7 Std.

Wow! RT@TheBestofMJJ: 15,000,000 VIEWS!!!!

I'm guessing that there is at least two more singles/videos that will be made from the Xscape album since fan club members who attended preview listening parties were told by Sony that they planned on releasing a minimum of 3 singles (and since even "Michael" got 3 singles/videos)..

After they release the 2nd single/video, I'm wondering how they will promote it besides a video. I'm thinking maybe they can do something at the MTV VMAs since that's usually near the end of August/beginning of Sept...

After that tho, who knows.....

The Best of Internet ‏@TheBestofMJJ 18 Min.

GREAT! Michael Jackson's Xscape sold more than coldplay new album last week in Japan!

and by the way

Chris Martin (Coldplay) defends Michael Jackson against "idiot" Howard Stern (start around 3:25) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VCdnmM8fsA …

I reallt think they should release the next single soon. - Keep momentum.

A new single should not compete with LNFSG - but it should ride on the wave of succes!

Paris78;4013961 said:
The Best of Internet ‏@TheBestofMJJ 18 Min.

GREAT! Michael Jackson's Xscape sold more than coldplay new album last week in Japan!

and by the way

Chris Martin (Coldplay) defends Michael Jackson against "idiot" Howard Stern (start around 3:25) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VCdnmM8fsA …

At least Coldplay has dignity.

Back