Xscape General Discussion

Do you know how many people generally attend these seminars? It's just a handful of people. He also has to rent a studio, fly to his destination and stay over at a hotel. I doubt he makes much from it at all. He has a normal day job that he makes a living from.

Plus, if it's abroad, he's got costs to travel, accommodation etc. A bit ironic that fans want to accuse people like him of "gold digging" and getting rich on MJ's back while when you look at the accounting of his Estate you will see the huge money the Estate executors earn. I'm not criticizing them for it and as they are the lawful executors of the Estate they are entitled to earn money from the Estate. But some perspective would not hurt sometimes when fans want to unfairly bash someone. When you think about all the costs of such a seminar and then the attendance (which is usually a handful of people, like you said) I don't think it's good business and a way to get rich. I'd say it's probably more of a hobby for him than anything.

MJ's legacy is already set in stone. What the Estate is doing now is barely scratching it.
No offense, but I always find this a rather weak argument. It can be used to justify anything that is released now. Yes, what Michael did during his lifetime is what people will mostly remember him by, but that does not mean that posthumous products can't be either positive or negative. I also think posthumous releases can influence how people view an artist, we should not underestimate that. The posthumous Elvis releases are a great example of that. I think there are a lot of possibilities the Estate could explore that could positively impact the general public's appreciation of Michael as an amazingly talented and hands-on singer/songwriter, etc.

Estate should start a collectors label so that not every project has to be BIG. Low key releases just for hardcore fans, demos of previously released songs, alternate takes, studio sessions, live performances, unreleasable songs, instrumentals... - everything Brad has.

They should keep releasable songs for BIG projects like Xscape that will chart on Billboard chart. And fans should support both.

Paris78;4027433 said:
Sony Music Global @SonyMusicGlobal · 2 h.

Check out @MichaelJackson's new #MJXSCAPE documentary now on @Vevo! http://smarturl.it/XSCAPEdoc
[video=youtube;_-FsyL7WX88]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-FsyL7WX88[/video]

Loved the part where Stargate demonstrated their piece! Awesome! IMO, APWNN new version is the closest possible rendition as an MJ tribute. I can't shake off the "Leave Me Alone" imagery that always crops up in my mind whenever I hear it. And they used Tablas for the instrumentals! No wonder the first time I heard it, it felt as if I was familiar with the instrumentals and thought I had heard it before. IMO, MJ would have loved it.

respect77;4027107 said:
Again, you are interpreting it in a certain way that YOU personally saw in it. But what he actually said can be checked out by anyone who clicks on that video (and it's not what you claim here). You are also totally exaggerating the whole thing's significance.

Just because of different interpretations his words can appear to be a “prove” of how bad the Xscape is.
IMO it is not a problem he doesn’t like the album or talking about it but how people will take it.

andjustice4MJ @andjustice4some · 14 h.

5 years after his departure from earth, Michael Jackson ranks #10 worldwide as an artist.
Br_yKh2CEAAXAhL.png:large

King Of Pop @KingViratian · 14 h.

Let's go for drive #MichaelJackson ����✌��
Br_u-o3CIAAF_H3.jpg:large

I just hope for at least 3-4 singles and the Bridge singles in between !

David Morales @DJDavidMorales · 2 h.

Good Morning everyone! Lets start the morning off with my remixes of Michael Jackson's Tune "Love Never Felt So... http://fb.me/1LDkbNdgF

and by the way...the Netherlands love MJ

2014-07-01T200208Z_1335426106_TB3EA711MAG9L_RTRMADP_3_BRAZIL-WORLDCUP.JPG

Netherlands' national soccer team players Ron Vlaar (L) and Stefan de Vrij pose with a painting of the late pop star Michael Jackson during a visit to the Santa Marta slum in Rio de Janeiro, July 1, 2014.

Last edited:
Paris78;4027433 said:
Sony Music Global @SonyMusicGlobal · 2 h.

Check out @MichaelJackson's new #MJXSCAPE documentary now on @Vevo! http://smarturl.it/XSCAPEdoc
[video=youtube;_-FsyL7WX88]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-FsyL7WX88[/video]

I LOVE the updated versions and think this video will help to further promote the album. However, there were a few cringe worthy moments when LA said that Timbaland made the original songs "listenable" and when Timbaland said that the original version of OG was "not as bad" as some of the others. I also didn't like how LA basically put down all of the original versions to showcase the updated ones. Yes the updated versions are good and contemporary but the key to this is the amazing originals. As the originals are featured on the deluxe version, he should have done a better job of promoting these during this interview in conjunction with the updated versions. After watching the interview, it's also clear that Timbaland is a talented jackass. Nevertheless, I appreciate his contribution on the album and really enjoyed the comments from all of the other parties involved. Finally, although LA has a history with Michael, it might also be better for the record company to work with official spokespeople with some of the upcoming promotions. Despite his good intentions, he often says the wrong thing at the wrong time

Last edited:
^^ He surely did show more respect for Michael on the Bad 25 Documentary, cause he said something like:
"Michael Jackson, Quincy Jones & Bruce Swedien, something happened in those sessions, that made those songs sound better than anything else to this day"
, and now he's kinda insulting his music. And wanted it to be more "listenable".

^^ He surely did show more respect for Michael on the Bad 25 Documentary, cause he said something like: , and now he's kinda insulting his music. And wanted it to be more "listenable".

It's a bit unfortunate. I think he just meant to say that the updated songs fit in better with today's music but just used a poor choice of words. I also read another interview where he basically said that Michael didn't release any of these songs because they were not as good as the material he released during his lifetime. He said they weren't bad but not as good as 'Bad'. Anyone who is familiar with Michael knows that his taste quickly changed from one song to another and that he sometimes just decided to move on to another project or song. Perhaps he got bored with some of the songs after a while? Or maybe they didn't quite fit with the concept he was currently working on? There could be many reasons why the songs were never released. Who knows? Again, not the best statement that LA could have made to help promote the album.

I LOVE the updated versions and think this video will help to further promote the album. However, there were a few cringe worthy moments when LA said that Timbaland made the original songs "listenable" and when Timbaland said that the original version of OG was "not as bad" as some of the others. I also didn't like how LA basically put down all of the original versions to showcase the updated ones. Yes the updated versions are good and contemporary but the key to this is the amazing originals. As the originals are featured on the deluxe version, he should have done a better job of promoting these during this interview in conjunction with the updated versions. After watching the interview, it's also clear that Timbaland is a talented jackass. Nevertheless, I appreciate his contribution on the album and really enjoyed the comments from all of the other parties involved. Finally, although LA has a history with Michael, it might also be better for the record company to work with official spokespeople with some of the upcoming promotions. Despite his good intentions, he often says the wrong thing at the wrong time

You are forgetting that LA also spoke "bad" about his own song in the original form - Slave To The Rhythm, which he co-wrote. When he says "listenable" he means listenable for radios and general public, not us fans.

Albion;4026262 said:
I've just seen the official track list for Now That's What I Call Music 88 in the UK and LNFSG is on it. This is a big deal as these compilation albums are usually the best selling albums of the year in England. This will certainly spread the song to an audience that may have missed it when it was released. Only thing is I don't know if it is MJ alone or MJ and JT.

Here is the full tracklist

http://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/now-thats-what-i-call-music-88-tracklisting-revealed-3156/

Now That’s What I Call Music 88 features 45 tracks, including 13 Official Singles Chart Number 1s!

Now That’s What I Call Music, the incredibly successful series of compilation albums, have released the tracklisting for their forthcoming album - Now That’s What I Call Music 88.

The album features 45 tracks, including a massive 13 Official Singles Chart Number 1s from the likes of: Ella Henderson (Ghost), Ed Sheeran (Sing), Sam Smith (Stay With Me), Mr. Probz (Waves), Kiesza (Hideaway), Oliver Heldens and Becky Hill (Gecko (Overdrive)), Ariana Grande FT Iggy Azalea (Problem), and the most streamed song of 2014 so far – Rather Be by Clean Bandit FT Jess Glynne.

Now 88’s predecessor, Now That’s What I Call Music 87, is the biggest selling album of 2014 to date. Released in April of this year, Now 87 has sold over 586,000 copies according to the Official Charts Company’s sales data.

Now That’s What I Call Music 88 will be released in the UK on Monday, July 21. The full tracklisting and artwork is below:

Now That's What I Call Music! 88 album artwork

CD 1
01 Ella Henderson - Ghost
02 Ed Sheeran - Sing
03 Sam Smith - Stay With Me
04 George Ezra - Budapest
05 Mr Probz - Waves (Robin Schulz Radio Edit)
06 Ariana Grande FT Iggy Azalea - Problem
07 Rita Ora - I Will Never Let You Down
08 Coldplay - A Sky Full Of Stars
09 Aloe Blacc - The Man
10 Michael Jackson - Love Never Felt So Good
11 will.i.am FT Cody Wise - It’s My Birthday
12 Iggy Azalea FT Charli XCX - Fancy
13 Chris Brown FT Lil Wayne and Tyga - Loyal
14 Clean Bandit FT Sharna Bass - Extraordinary
15 Jess Glynne - Right Here
16 Ella Eyre - If I Go
17 MKTO - Classic
18 5 Seconds Of Summer - Don't Stop
19 Little Mix - Salute
20 Rixton - Me And My Broken Heart
21 The Vamps FT Demi Lovato - Somebody To You
22 Idina Menzel - Let It Go

CD 2
01 Clean Bandit FT Jess Glynne - Rather Be
02 Kiesza - Hideaway
03 Oliver Heldens and Becky Hill - Gecko (Overdrive)
04 Sigma - Nobody To Love
05 Calvin Harris - Summer
06 Secondcity - I Wanna Feel
07 Klingande - Jubel
08 Faul and Wad Ad Vs Pnau - Changes
09 Fuse ODG FT Sean Paul - Dangerous Love
10 DJ Fresh vs TC FT Little Nikki - Make U Bounce
11 Shift K3Y - Touch
12 MK FT Alana - Always (Route 94 Edit)
13 Tiesto FT Matthew Koma - Wasted
14 John Martin - Anywhere For You
15 Cash Cash FT Bebe Rexha - Take Me Home
16 Matrix & Futurebound FT Tanya Lacey - Don't Look Back
17 Jason Derulo FT Snoop Dogg - Wiggle
18 DJ Cassidy FT Robin Thicke and Jessie J - Calling All Hearts
19 Neon Jungle - Welcome To The Jungle
20 Sia - Chandelier
21 The Vamps - Last Night
22 Tove Lo FT Hippie Sabotage - Stay High (Habits Remix)
23 Paloma Faith - Only Love Can Hurt Like This

I saw the jeep commercial yesterday with Love Never Felt So Good. Big smile.

Me too! I've seen it a few times and it's amazing how quickly my head snaps in the direction of that unmistakable voice. :laugh:

That was my problem with this documentary as well. The whole first half is basically LA Reid shitting on the originals Michael left behind and hyping up the new mixes and kissing Timbaland's ass.

im kinda sad that this xperia z2 ad disappeared completely. :/ hearing STTR in a TV ad was amazing imo.
they already announced the xperia z3 for september. hopefully they tease the third single in the ad?

Looking good !
Br9zNiYCQAMqBdE.jpg
(fanmade)
sony xperia event in ginza, Japan. #MichaelJackson #MJXSCAPE is everywhere. Whoo Hoo.
BsQYmKFCMAMm3rC.jpg:large

It was so exciting when #XSCAPE was coming out !!! Didn't want it to end.
BpvXQtIIgAAh7tQ.jpg

Last edited:
Back