Your Last MJ-Related Purchase

Re: Your last MJ purchase

^Yes. ebay and Amazon are the two sites I get most of my stuff from. There are no garage sales or flea markets here. I've managed to buy vintage books from second-hand bookstores, but after his passing even that's proven difficult. They tell me nobody wants to part with their Michael stuff now!

I got these eight 7" LPs a couple days back.

9kxpxv.jpg

^Yes. ebay and Amazon are the two sites I get most of my stuff from. There are no garage sales or flea markets here. I've managed to buy vintage books from second-hand bookstores, but after his passing even that's proven difficult. They tell me nobody wants to part with their Michael stuff now!

I got these eight 7" LPs a couple days back.

9kxpxv.jpg

Sorry to correct you, and I not doing this to irritate you as it's just a minor technical correction not a criticism. And you may already know this stuff.

You bought 7'' Singles, which is different from LP's. Being someone who grew up in the 1980's, buying Michael Jackson albums and singles on vinyl was the standard format, and also the one I listened to the most. Both 7" and 12" singles, you had to play them on the record play and a faster speed at 45rpm, so that would make it an SP (Short Player). LP's are albums, like Off The Wall, Thriller, Bad, Dangerous etc and they would be played at 33.rpm (around 33 and a half RPM) making it an LP (Long Player).

It's great that your buying Michael's singles on vinyl, you should end up with an impressive collection. They are the ultimate and most impressive part of his music collection. You should have a look out of the square Man In The Mirror 7" picture disc vinyl single.

I love the designs of his albums and singles, and they are stunning to look at and hold in your had. Michael's music right in your hand were you can kind of see the personality of the song in the groove marks in the records.

Last edited:

An autograph off of ebay! The guy was selling a few, and he has a couple from other artists as well. One he was selling was an autographed smooth criminal hat, and it went for $1,100 I think.

An autograph off of ebay! The guy was selling a few, and he has a couple from other artists as well. One he was selling was an autographed smooth criminal hat, and it went for $1,100 I think.

Wow lucky you!

I got one off ebay last year that was advertised as genuine, but I have this strong suspicion it's fake. A genuine autograph is in the top of my most wanted list of Michael memorabilia.

Wow lucky you!

I got one off ebay last year that was advertised as genuine, but I have this strong suspicion it's fake. A genuine autograph is in the top of my most wanted list of Michael memorabilia.

Did it come with any COA or COA sticker?

^Yeah it did (from ACE), but that isn't really a guarantee.

can someone tell me if autograph from ebay is original or not??some page to tell if know one with originals??

can someone tell me if autograph from ebay is original or not??some page to tell if know one with originals??

I'd be a little wary about buying a Michael autograph from ebay, because most of them are likely to be forged. You are better off getting one from a reputed auctioneer such as Julien's. It may cost ten times more than ebay, but you are guranteed a genuine autograph.

You can sometimes find genuine autographs on ebay, but it is best to do LOTS of research before buying anything from anywhere...spend time looking at autographs from eg Google images, MJ fan websites and other sources eg auctioneer websites. It is nearly always something of a gamble whether you are buying the real thing or not ( price...ie high... and source is NO indication....do read what is in the small print, including the information auction houses provide.). For e-bay you need to look at ebay sellers 'history', and feedback. Try and get as much documentation as you can about where they got the autograph ( pictures of sellers with MJ are NO guarantee...you don't know if you are buying the same autograph.) Michael signed autographs for around 40 years, and his handwriting differs over time and also for different 'types' of signature eg formal (eg on contracts) and informal...the latter often being written hurriedly. There are some very good and some very bad copies around, and also some 'autopen' signatures. Deciding what is genuine is more an art than a science and I doubt anyone gets it right 100% of the time.

Try and find sellers you trust (either private or business) and follow your instincts. Try to buy from someone who will guarantee the autograph ie that they will take it back and return your money, if it is not authenticate-able. Read websites about fake autographs and autograph authentication...there is a lot of information out there..and a lot of controversy about which authenticators are 'reliable' and which not. Remember authentication / sales are the businesses of authenticators and salesmen....they are in it to make money...from you. Personal research and experience are your best guides.

Last edited:

What's Jermaine's book like? I don't know whether to buy it

Ivy posted a summary and review in the thread about the book in the 2300 Jackson St section. PM a mod and ask for the password.

Thankyou KingMikeJ, have you read it/ have any intention to?

My last purchase was this shirt, in honor of Michael's birthday.

1314219195_TEEFURY_HappyModels2.jpg

thank you for your advices about the autographs ...i would love to find one, but as i read and understand it is difficult.who knows.maybe some day i will be lucky

thank you for your advices about the autographs ...i would love to find one, but as i read and understand it is difficult.who knows.maybe some day i will be lucky

I think it's best to buy Michael's autograph from a reputable auction house, or somewhere that specializes in music memorabilia. I wouldn't even consider eBay, because there are so many fake autographs of famous people on there.

Copy of Ever After storybook. Before that, another original 1992 copy of Dancing The Dream in truly mint condition on eBay.

This was my last MJ purchase:

41vGVt4tXXL._SX385_.jpg

I finally got it from Amazon.com this past Friday. The first MJ item I had gotten since Spring. Which is so unlike me. But I had fallen in L.O.V.E. with the shirt the second I saw it. And I just had to have it.

I few weeks ago I finally bought the Thriller MJ Hot Toys doll! :D And what doll it is, very happy with it!

I just got "Moonwalk" the book today. I borrowed it at my high school library years ago...but it was out of print.

I am glad I have my own copy.

They were sold out, It took 4 months before amazon shipped it.

It's been a while since I got anything, but these are my newest additions:

Michael Jackson Live book

Michael_Jackson_Live_Book_Cover.jpg

And the Fan's Collection DVD, which I've been wanting for over a year now!

!!e!SO(w!WM~$(KGrHqZ,!mIEz+82yb1yBNM8OgF!EQ~~_8.JPG

blood on the dance floor...and a pre order of immortal deluxe edition cd

I got 2 more items during the weekend.

Making of Thriller book (finally)

41Vhn0zSXKL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

And a pile of 80's pinups and posters

1414k87.jpg

Back