Calling for a boycott of Discovery Channel's advertisers - NOW SUCCESSFULLY CANCELLED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Memefan

Proud Member
The estate of Michael Jackson has just sent a letter calling on Discovery to cancel their insensitive autopsy reenactment.

http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/newsdesk/tmz_documents/1229_mj_discovery_letter_TMZ.pdf

We think fans can do much better by reaching out to Discovery's sponsors...obviously, with only two weeks to go before airtime the letter writing campaign hasn't been successful so far. Time to hit Discovery where it hurts: Their pockets using the only language they understand: MONEY.

Here is a list of their biggest sponsors contact information, to let them know we will no longer use their products if they don't speak up or distance themselves against the discovery show

CLICK HERE:

LIST OF DISCOVERY SPONSORS & ASSOCIATE

I think we fans should use our voice against the continuous abuse & degradation of Michael Jackson.

Whether you email, tweet or call...the most important thing is you contribute to this effort. You can also call your cable service provider & ask that Discovery & Oprah's OWN channels be blocked from your programming. Make sure you tell the costumer service rep why you are taking this step.

Leave respectful comments to Oprah directly on her new network's youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/own

Thank you

PS. FEEL FREE TO REPOST THIS ON OTHER BOARDS, FAN SITES.....EVERYWHERE.....NO NEED TO ASK FOR MY PERMISSION!!!

We are all here FOR MICHAEL!!!!!

Let's put more pressure on Discovery.....Mainstream media are reporting the letter from the estate...

Last edited:
Re: Calling for a boycott of Discovery Channel's advertisers

that is what i am talking about ,every one start calling ,emailing these people.

Good job memefan..now this is the way to get something done..:clapping:

The estate of Michael Jackson has just sent a letter calling on Discovery to cancel their insensitive autopsy reenactment.

http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/newsdesk/tmz_documents/1229_mj_discovery_letter_TMZ.pdf

We think fans can do much better by reaching out to Discovery's sponsors...obviously, with only two weeks to go before airtime the letter writing campaign hasn't been successful so far. Time to hit Discovery where it hurts: Their pockets using the only language they understand: MONEY.

Here is a list of their biggest sponsors contact information, to let them know we will no longer use their products if they don't speak up or distance themselves against the discovery show

CLICK HERE:

LIST OF DISCOVERY SPONSORS & ASSOCIATE

I think we fans should use our voice against the continuous abuse & degradation of Michael Jackson.

Whether you email, tweet or call...the most important thing is you contribute to this effort.

Thank you

PS. FEEL FREE TO REPOST THIS ON OTHER BOARDS, FAN SITES.....EVERYWHERE.....NO NEED TO ASK FOR MY PERMISSION!!!

We are all here FOR MICHAEL!!!!!

Let's put more pressure on Discovery.....Mainstream media are reporting the letter from the estate...

You are Truly Awesome:clapping:

List of Discovery Channel Sponsors

It is time for MJ FANS to BOYCOTT the Sponsors of the Discovery Channel!!

We will NOT Tolerate - their Disrespect of Michael Jackson - with their Disgusting program -

Discovery Channel is planning an upcoming TV special set to run in the UK featuring a reenactment of MJ's autopsy.

NOW IS THE TIME FOR ALL MICHAEL JACKSON FANS TO STAND UP FOR MICHAEL'S LEGACY!!

To STOP this program - we are calling a complete BOYCOTT of the Discovery Channel and their corporate sponsors.

We will also be including the new Oprah network (OWN)- which has a partnership with Discovery

Michael Jackson's Fans were successful in Stopping EXTRATV
additional broadcast of Libel and fabrication against MJ- WE CAN DO IT AGAIN!!!!!

We will update this list- as we become aware of additional Discovery sponsors.

===================================

OPRAH

Oprah - @Oprah

Own
Twitter: @OprahWinfreyNet

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ownTV
Email: https://www.oprah.com/plugform_own1.jsp?plugId=3077535

========================

DISCOVERY

Discovery Networks U.S.
Joseph AbruzzesePresident
Advertising Sales
Discovery Communications
Ph: 212.548.5555Fax: 212.548.5804

twitter : @DiscoveryComm

facts Discovery UK:
http://corporate.discovery.com/media/uploads/pdf/DNI-Fast-Facts-UK-3Q09.pdf

This is a list of Discovery OWNED channels in US & Canada
Discovery Channel
TLC
Animal Planet
Science Channel
Investigation Discovery
Military Channel
Planet Green
Fit TV
HD Theater
Discovery en Español
Discovery Familia
OWN: OPRAH WINFREY NETWORK
The Hub
3D Network

=====================================

LIST OF DISCOVERY'S MAJOR SPONSORS AND THEIR CONTACT INFO:

VERIZON:

USA

Twitter: @Verizon

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/verizon

Contact Center Services, Customer Enablement, Customer Media Relations Program
Lisa Fels
Manager
+1 703-886-6042

UK

Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/VerizonBusiness

Company Information:Verizon UK Limited
Reading International Business Park
Basingstoke Road
Reading, Berkshire, UK RG2 6DAJurisdiction of Incorporation:England and WalesCompany Registration Number:2776038VAT Number:GB 823 8170 33Phone:0118 905 5000Fax:0118 984 2948Email:customer-care@uk.verizonbusiness.com

Europe, Middle East, Africa
Clare Ward
Manager
+44 (0)118 905 3501

=================================

SHELL CORPORATION:

USA:

Twitter: @Shell_us

General inquiries related to Shell Service Stations (questions, comments, service station locator)

Phone: 888-GO-SHELL (888-467-4355)
E-mail: ShellCustomerCare@shell.com

Global:

Twitter: @shell
UK

Shell U.K. Limited
Shell Centre
London
SE1 7NA
Tel. +44 (0) 20 7934 1234

Email: feedback-uk@shell.com

================================

DOMINOS CORP. -

@dominos
Name: Domino's Pizza Corporate Office
Street: 129 Perimeter Park Road Suite A
Knoxville, tn 37922-2237
Phone: (865) 560-9000

USA:

Twitter: @dominos
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Dominos
DOMINO'S CARESDomino's Pizza LLC
30 Frank Lloyd Wright Drive
Ann Arbor, MI 48106
(734) 930-3030
Email here:
https://info.dominos.com/dominos_pizza/contact.nsf/frmContact?openform

UK Domino's

Contact Domino's Head Office
Head Office
Domino's Pizza Group Limited,
Lasborough Road
Kingston, Milton Keynes
MK10 0AB
01908 580000
Email: http://www.dominos.co.uk/about/escalate.aspx
===============================

Proctor and Gamble

Contact INFO:
By Phone:
Monday-Friday, 9 am - 4 pm ET:
(800) 742-6253, or (513) 983-3034 (outside the U.S. and Canada)
24 hours a day:
(800) 764-7483

USA:
Twitter: @PGNewsUS

Email: http://pg.custhelp.com/app/ask
(select CORPORATE in product drop down menu & INVESTOR INFO/CORPORATE GOVERNANCE in category menu)

Business Name:The Procter & Gamble CompanyP & GProcter & GambleProcter & Gamble CompanyProcter & Gamble, Consumer Relations
Business Address:1 Procter & Gamble Plaza
Cincinnati, OH 45202
See the location on a Mapquest Map
See the location on a Google Map
:CorporationPrincipal:Bob McDonald,
President & C.E.O.Phone Number:
(513) 983-1100(513) 983-1100(800) 937-5688BBB Accreditation:This business is a BBB Accredited Business

http://www.pg.com

UK

twitter: @PGNewsUK

General P&G Enquiries
Tel : 01932 896000 / 0191 297 5000

Brand Advertising Enquiries
Please direct all advertising opportunities to 0191 297 6400

Just so you guys understand what are the highest grossing Proctor & Gamble brands, as per Wikipedia (I know, I know) this is what they are (they are extremely popular brands):

Ariel is a brand of laundry detergent/liquid available in numerous forms and scents.

Bounty is a brand of paper towel sold in the United States and Canada.

Braun is a small-appliances manufacturer specializing in electric shavers, epilators, hair care appliances and blenders.

CoverGirl is a brand of women's cosmetics.

Crest/Oral B is a brand of toothpaste and teeth whitening products.

Dawn/Fairy is a brand of dishwashing detergent.[16]

Downy/Lenor is a brand of fabric softener.

Duracell is a brand of batteries and flashlights.

Fusion is a brand of men's wet shave razors and is the quickest P&G brand to have reached $1 billion in annual sales.

Gain is a brand of laundry detergent, fabric softeners and liquid dish soap.

Gillette is a brand of safety razor and male grooming products.

Head & Shoulders is a brand of anti-dandruff shampoo and conditioners.

Olay is a brand of women's skin care products.

Oral-B is a brand of toothbrush, and oral care products.

Pampers is a brand of disposable diaper and other baby care products.

Pantene is a brand of hair care products (conditioners/styling aids).

Pringles is a brand of potato chips.

Ace/Tide is a brand of laundry detergent.

Wella is a brand name of hair care products (shampoo, conditioner, styling, and hair color).

Always/Whisper is a brand of pantyliners sold primarily in Asian markets.

Flash/Mister Clean is a brand of multi-purpose cleaner, and spray sold in the United States and Great Britain.

good idea:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Brilliant, thankyou so much for this link.

so this is the response ,this thread get and people are killing each other in 2300 section,people where are ur priorities?

Yeah, great Idea thank you for posting. :clapping::punk:

has this gained any results yet or responses from DC or OWN?

boycotting diapers makes us look petty , best thing to do is just not watch.

Just so you guys understand what are the highest grossing Proctor & Gamble brands, as per Wikipedia (I know, I know) this is what they are (they are extremely popular brands):

Ariel is a brand of laundry detergent/liquid available in numerous forms and scents.

Bounty is a brand of paper towel sold in the United States and Canada.

Braun is a small-appliances manufacturer specializing in electric shavers, epilators, hair care appliances and blenders.

CoverGirl is a brand of women's cosmetics.

Crest/Oral B is a brand of toothpaste and teeth whitening products.

Dawn/Fairy is a brand of dishwashing detergent.[16]

Downy/Lenor is a brand of fabric softener.

Duracell is a brand of batteries and flashlights.

Fusion is a brand of men's wet shave razors and is the quickest P&G brand to have reached $1 billion in annual sales.

Gain is a brand of laundry detergent, fabric softeners and liquid dish soap.

Gillette is a brand of safety razor and male grooming products.

Head & Shoulders is a brand of anti-dandruff shampoo and conditioners.

Olay is a brand of women's skin care products.

Oral-B is a brand of toothbrush, and oral care products.

Pantene is a brand of hair care products (conditioners/styling aids).

Pringles is a brand of potato chips.

Ace/Tide is a brand of laundry detergent.

Wella is a brand name of hair care products (shampoo, conditioner, styling, and hair color).

Always/Whisper is a brand of pantyliners sold primarily in Asian markets.

Flash/Mister Clean is a brand of multi-purpose cleaner, and spray sold in the United States and Great Britain.

off topic i just realized how much stuff i use because the only things i dont use that you listed are: ariel, braun, fusion, head n shoulder, pampers(no kids), wella(never heard of), flash( never heard of but i use mr.clean), whisper(never heard of but i use always). most of that stuff is apart of my daily life lol

so writing letters to the advertisers could work, but do you think they will listen since its already brougt and paid for?????

i agree, its just to hard cause so much of that stuff im sure we all use daily or at least bi-weekly. i thought it was a good idea earlier but know that i really think about it, our best bet is not 2 watch it and email discovery.

Discovery USA 1-571 262 4899

DISCOVERY UK 001 571 262 4899

YOU CAN USE SKYPE....FREE CALL within your country.

YOU CAN LEAVE THEM A BRIEF MESSAGE...

You can also call your cable service provider and ask that they remove Discovery & OpranWinfreNet from your package.

I called Discovery (took me less than 30 seconds)...Just told them I remove their network in protest of the MJ autopsy show.

PLEASE...HELP!!!!

This is such a poor excuse. Similar to the one Discovery gave to the New york times this evening.

Pampers aren't the only diaper brand...& Proctor & Gamble aren't the only diaper manufacturer. People are just too lazy or just don't care enough to make the effort if it doesn't benefit them somehow.

Proof? Jacksons silence on this campaign against Discovery....but they were all over twitter when the Cascio tracks were released.

Discovery USA 1-571 262 4899

DISCOVERY UK 001 571 262 4899

YOU CAN USE SKYPE....FREE CALL within your country.

YOU CAN LEAVE THEM A BRIEF MESSAGE...

You can also call your cable service provider and ask that they remove Discovery & OpranWinfreNet from your package.

I called Discovery (took me less than 30 seconds)...Just told them I remove their network in protest of the MJ autopsy show.

PLEASE...HELP!!!!

This is such a poor excuse. Similar to the one Discovery gave to the New york times this evening.

Pampers aren't the only diaper brand...& Proctor & Gamble aren't the only diaper manufacturer. People are just too lazy or just don't care enough to make the effort if it doesn't benefit them somehow.

Proof? Jacksons silence on this campaign against Discovery....but they were all over twitter when the Cascio tracks were released.

YES!!! There are SO MANY alternative brands
Just DON'T BUY---from the above list.
Dawn

YES!!! There are SO MANY alternative brands
Just DON'T BUY---from the above list.
Dawn

Yes, it's best to boycott all these sponsors...but if you decide you are gonna boycott shell, verizon & Dominos, you are still doing SOMETHING.

NOTHING WILL BE DISMISSED as too little.

The only item on Proctor & Gamble's list that i will find hard to give up is Tide Detergent...but I am motivated. :D

discovery channel i hate you.... it was one of my favorites channels ..but now delete,delete,delete,delete,delete

e-mailed shell to show my disgust over their association with the discovery channel

Please spread this message Thank you

UNIVERSAL MESSAGE : A LINE HAS BEEN CROSSED

The line of human decency, worth, privacy and respect has just been crossed.

“The Discovery Channel has provided for many years valuable documentary programming focussed primarily on popular science, technology and history. With this backdrop in mind, I find it incredulous that Discovery would exploit the recent death of Michael Jackson to increase their viewership at the expense of the integrity and positive educational track record of their network. The insensitivity and unprofessional tabloid approach that Discovery has decided to pursue is not only hurtful to the future of the network, but is deeply hurtful to the Jackson family, friends, colleagues and millions of supporters throughout the world… Please re-consider airing this dreadful re-enactment.” ~Statement from Stuart Backerman, Former Press Spokesman for Michael Jackson

L.A. County Coroner Ed Winter joins the criticism of the Discovery Network’s upcoming special reenacting Michael Jackson’s autopsy. Discovery Producers asked him for an interview earlier this year to describe the autopsy: “I told them no, we had no interest in doing it and it was a pending case… I think it’s unprofessional and I wouldn’t do it out of respect for the family.” ~Assistant Chief Coroner, LA County

On January 13, 2011, a line of human decency, worth, privacy and respect for life will be crossed. Discovery Channel plans to air a re-enactment of Michael Jackson’s autopsy using a realistic synthetic cadaver that approximates his body.

Michael Jackson was a human being. And he was a father, a brother, and a son. He was also loved by millions around the world.

We believe in the worth and dignity of every human being. Nobody deserves to be treated this way — not in life, and certainly not in death.

Now comes the Discovery Channel

Never before in the history of television or media, has the personal autopsy of a recognized human being taken place using a synthetic cadaver to graphically show the dismemberment of someone who once lived — and is survived by three young children.

Justice and Fairness Derailed?

This program was cynically planned to be deliberately broadcast in the UK and Europe so that Michael Jackson’s family and estate would have no legal reach and would be unable to stop its airing or protest its broadcast. The plan includes across the board screening in multiple countries. Michael Jackson has three minor children and this will not escape them. This image in the collective memory which will find its way into their world serves to scar them emotionally. As such; this program constitutes child abuse.

The airing of this program may obstruct legal justice since it has the potential to reach the minds of the public and prejudice the jury pool in the forthcoming January trial of Dr. Murray the physician who administered his medication and was treating Michael Jackson when his death occurred.

Does this rise to the level of bullying?

We think so. And we believe Michael Jackson’s children would agree. Their father was bullied in life — and now, it seems the bullying continues in death. And his children are the ones who suffer. They don’t live in a vacuum and they will be affected by the inhumane treatment of their father. We are pretty sure they would like to remember him as their beloved father. His fans, friends and collaborators who know the truth about him – knew a dramatically different man to the one many believe he was. They knew him as a cherished friend, role model and hero.

Its time to tell the truth and reveal the deliberate manipulation of that truth. It’s time to show you the real Michael Jackson: Understand that everyone is vulnerable now.

We cannot imagine that any human being finds this program in good taste. What will stop Discovery or any other media outlet from dismembering and dissecting other beloved figures or celebrities publicly? What if they exhumed Lady Diana? Tim Russert? What if Oprah died

tomorrow, or Bono, Helen Mirren, Brittany Spears, or Prince William? Would we see them on a slab for profit and before the hungry eyes of invasive voyeurs?

This cynical precedent established by the Discovery Channel makes everyone fair game to be exploited as a lab specimen for sensationalism, market share and promoting sponsor’s products.

Discovery Channel has sponsors and investors and can be deleted or blocked from your cable package.

Discovery’s major sponsors include: Volkswagen, Proctor and Gamble, Dow Chemical– as more are revealed, we will reveal them.

Dehumanizing people has consequences

One thing has made this kind of program possible: Humans dehumanizing other humans. When people lack ethics or ignore conscience, human laboratories and other abominations become possible: ethnic cleansing, lynchings, witch burning, human ovens, terrorism and war. So if you think this is not a slippery slope, you are wrong. Dead wrong. Our humanity dies when we accept the claim that ―anything goes.‖ Michael Jackson was systematically and falsely vilified over time. His humanity was stolen and our own humanity along with it.

Aren’t we better than this? Aren’t we there yet? Discovery drew this line but we are asking you to draw another. One that says: Discovery, you cross this line — alone.

You are at a crossroads in the evolution of a civilization and a decision needs to be made:

Which road will we as humanity take? The road toward decency or the road toward depravity?

If your decision is for human worth, decency, civility and dignity, then: We are asking that you use your voice to send a message to Discovery. Ask your cable provider

to remove Discovery from your menu or block it from your bundle. Then stop using the products and companies who sponsored this program.

Then tell them what you have done in a letter or email.

Why the truth of this violation cannot be ignored:

§ All previous televised autopsies have been conducted on anonymous cadavers; their faces covered.

§ All bodies dissected were formally donated to Medical Institute and the donors consented to their remains being used for educational purposes.

§ Michael Jackson did not consent to his remains– virtual or otherwise being used to satisfy anyone’s morbid curiosity or consent to millions viewing his virtual internal organs.

§ The dead remain a part of the living community, to be honored — not used for entertainment.

§ For many, this program may provoke a horrific unease, anxiety, dread or revulsion. For some it will result in PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.)

§ Even if a cadaver is synthetic, the process of repeatedly associating the name of a recognized person — is a violation of their name and memory.

§ The virtual autopsy of Michael Jackson is a publicity stunt designed to exploit inhumane curiosity and has nothing to do with education or fact finding.

§ In the same way burial sites are also considered deeply important, autopsies—even virtual ones, should be conducted in private, not on worldwide television.

§ Our responsibility is to respect those who once lived and whom they have loved — and who love them still.

§ We are not beings isolated within nature; what is done to one of us is done to all.

§ We may not be aware of exactly why this is so wrong, but we know that it is — and we will never feel the same way about Discovery again.

§ There is no respect or inherent value in this type of programming. It disrespects all peoples. It violates the sanctity of family, of life and memories, of everything we hold to be precious about the lives we are given. It violates humanity, the humane, and every sane thinking person.

§ All human cultures recognize the sanctity of human remains and burial and the peaceful non-disturbance of the deceased. This program and the use of a simulated corpse violates those sensibilities and moral codes.

§ This program will be duplicated and parodied on Youtube, and Discovery is culpable and should be held accountable for any damage in the aftermath.

§ Mr. Jackson’s minor children don’t care about Discovery Channel’s sync-rights or profits. They care about their father.

Yes, a line has been crossed.

If you want to know the real Michael Jackson, GO HERE

(link is www.mjmessage.com)

mjmessage | Just another WordPress.com site
www.mjmessage.com
Michael Jackson’s family and friends, colleagues and fans, have been trying to tell you something for a long time. They have been trying to get your attention. They have been trying to tell

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/note.php?note_id=153954741320680

Re: Universal Message : a line has been crossed

no one respected him after his death why Discovery is an exception....they know what are they doing, and they are not the only ones....his family started this ugly game for money and now the rest will do the same in their own way !

Last edited:

Indeed, but what to do, besides write and complain? The fact of the matter is, most people don't really care about Michael (or anything, really), and are too stupid to realize the true facts behind his life and legacy. If we all write, and continue to pressure DC, perhaps something will be achieved, however--how many of us, against their usual audience? Will they even listen? They've already invested money in this ...thing. So...will they even listen?

The programme is offensive, vulgar, and thoroughly wrong, which is why audiences will love it, and why they decided to do it. The only real thing to do is get together and write. Everyone must write, though, so our numbers have a chance to rival those of their average audience. I see no other way of doing things, since everything they're doing is legal, technically.

i don't get it, really. I understand this is wrong, but if we write and "attack" the Discovery Channel with mails, they just want to show the program just more because the program get so much attention.

Same with "Gone to soon", we attacked the channel, but thanks to that, the channel just promote the documentary just more and more views.

Thats sad, whats about MJ's dignity as a humane beeing:bugeyed? How can they do this. I hope with all my heart, that this will be stoped.

i don't get it, really. I understand this is wrong, but if we write and "attack" the Discovery Channel with mails, they just want to show the program just more because the program get so much attention.

Same with "Gone to soon", we attacked the channel, but thanks to that, the channel just promote the documentary just more and more views.

Yeah, that's the risk we run, unfortunately. You would think it would have the adverse effect, but companies like that are run by heartless, shameless capitalist pigs, so of course they would promote it even more if it proved itself to be incendiary. I reckon that's why they did it, as I said in my initial post.

Yes, I agree. But what can we do???

Where the HELL are Michael's SO called Celeb friends - 2005 all over again ?

http://www.mj4justice.com/melanies-blog.html

The Discovery Channel has announced a hideous program that claims to
contain a 'reenactment of Michael Jackson's autopsy"
A vile and disgusting proposition and one, that Discovery will have to deal with the consequences. Once, Discovery stood for quality programming .
Well, those days are clearly over .
I ask , if we allow this to happen to Michael Jackson- who will be Discovery's next Victim ?- is Discovery going to Dig up Frank Sinatra, JFK, Marilyn Monroe or Farrah Fawcett. All beloved icons - and like Michael Jackson deserve better than this nonsense.
Autopsy are a sad reality.
They are not to be used for Public Entertainment and they are certainly NOT a Spectator SPORT!

The Producers of this ill-conceived program have to live with their lack of moral compass for this decision.
And how would they like to have their own families subjected to a public viewing of their autopsy? Michael Jackson left 3 beautiful children behind, and my heart breaks, when I think of them even knowing that this kind of program exists.

Understandably, the fans are outraged !
And that is justified.
When, is Michael
Jackson going to be able to rest in peace?

But, the bigger question is WHERE are all of Michael's "celebrity" friends.
They were tripping all over each other during the televised memorial service at the Staples Center. Where the hell are they NOW?

Is this a repeat of the criminal trial against Michael -- when he was abandoned by his so-called friends?

Where THE HELL Are they?

How can they be silent - when this assault is being done to Michael's legacy?
Are they only friends with Michael - when it is fashionable and televised
or when the want to proclaim themselves the next "King of Pop"?

In my opinion, they all FAIL- there is no excuse , whatsoever for their
deafening silence in this matter.
Don't they know - that if we allow this to happen to Michael, it can happen to any celebrity? I do know- they can expect NO SUPPORT from me and many other fans - if they DO NOT STEP up their Public Support of Michael Jackson.
Every last one of them- would not have their career- if it was not for Michael , who paved the way for every last one of them .

And now, the Jacksons.
Where are they in this?
Many of them had no problem -coming on to Twitter to denounce his CD and the tracks provided by the Cascio family.
They had no problem using the media and the fans to promote their various projects, that further their own interests.
But , where are they in this?
DO they not know- that Michael's fans desperately need to see and hear from the family on this?
It is the Jacksons that have access to TV cameras and print cameras - they should be screaming their outrage infront of every Television camera, available.
Their seemingly passive approach is disturbing . Especially, since Michael gave so much to all of them and they damn well know it.
I truly , understand, they are still mourning . And I respect that. But...
I have lost 2 beloved family members , in recent years. And I know, this - I know that if that it were my beloved brother or sister. You would not be able to SHUT ME UP!
If need be, I would chain myself to the front door of Discovery Headquarters - if it would bring attention to what Discovery is doing to Michael and his legacy.

So, it is left to Michael Fans, and the estate of Michael Jackson to speak out against the vile injustice.
John Branca and John McLain put together a masterful letter to Discovery , that details publicly their outrage and demands a cancelation of the program.
Mr.Branca and Mr.McLain need to applauded for their efforts. Yes, I said it - these men, should be applauded for their fierce defense of Michael.
Their letter was reported by every major media outlet in the world.
And that is what this needs - A Public Outcry for what is being done to Michael.
See the Letter>here

And then , there are the fans - they have not been silent!
And thank god for them!
They have signed petitions, called and emailed Discovery and expressed their outrage , in every way imaginable.
So, as in 2005, once again, the fans have to be there for Michael.
And we will not stop!
If we do not do this for Michael- who will?
Michael Jackson was there for us- now, it is our turn to "pay him back" . It is our job, yet again.

Sometimes, it is heartbreaking to be a Michael Jackson fan.
But, it so necessary, because the assaults to his legacy are constant and most of them are so vile.
But, when you focus on Michael Jackson, the man, the humanitarian, the father, the icon - being a Michael Jackson fan is an amazing "job!"

When I think, of what keeps happening to Michael - I am often reminded of a sad but poignant poem.
It goes like this:
They came first for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and by that time no one was left to speak up.

Last edited:

I just emailed this to all my contacts, along with the petition and then I posted the petition on twitter and facebook and then I tweeted every Jackson and celebs who are known to be MJ fans. Come on guys.

Write, fax, call...make them stop this evil, inhuman, dispecable thing they are trying to do! We will be victorious! there is strength in numbers! Michael always taught us to stand up for what is right and not to give up the fight untill its won! Let's do it and show them that we will NOT tolerate this inhuman treatment of a hero who changed the world and made it a better place! Pl. don't be pessimistic, force Discovery C to NEVER air this anywhere! Beleive we can do it!

God bless you Zenab! THANK YOU!
I have written too and I'll keep doing so until we win!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back