RUMOR or FAKE: MJ New Album 5/20/08

mickyj007

Proud Member
According to Reuters (a well-known, reliable source), Michael Jackson is planning to release his New Album on the 20th May, 2008.

A forum poster on popjustice.com copied the following Reuters source showing scheduled album release dates for 2008:

SOURCE: http://www.popjustice.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=237&topic=7626.0

Make whatever you want from this. I have no idea how a reliable source such as Reuters could post such a release date, which makes me wonder if there actually could be some truth behind this precise date.

Let the discussion begin..

P.S. If this thread has been posted before, mods feel free to delete it. Thanks.

Re: REUTERS: Michael Jackson - New Album - 20th May, 2008.

Raymone better keep quite about this. I don't want to hear that it's not true. I'd rather believe BS about the album coming out than to know the truth from Bain.

raymone : "not true, false and erroneous. thank you"

^coming soon

Well,the release date for Thriller 25 is right.I don't know what to think.It may be real.The only thing that we can do is to check if the other albums on that list will be released on the dates listed.The first one seems to be Nicole Scherzinger's album,in 4 days.We'll just have to wait and see. :D
But I sure do hope this is true!!!!!!!!!

It's a fake. A Fanmade....

well, i can hardly imagine hes going to release his album so early..

NO I don't want rumors like this right now.. I am too far on the edge of my seat, WAITING FOR ANYTHING regarding the NEW album to be played with like this... lol!

That ain't no REUTERS article! That "list" was making the rounds a few weeks ago.

The title of this thread is VERY misleading and should be changed.

Last edited:

Well Bain did promise it would be released by the end of 2007. So considering that was when it was intended to come out, May 08 is actually very late rather than early.

I don't believe this as much as I'd like to. MJ fans have been played like this before by people looking to start trouble. (Remembers the DJ Whoo Kid hoax and waits for Raymone to deny this)

Last edited:

Like I said, if the thread needs to be deleted, let the mods work their magic.

Well Bain did promise it would be released by the end of 2007. So considering that was when it was intended to come out, May 08 is actually very late rather than early.

So you think that the album will come out in 2 months ago? :p LOL

Well I think it's not true. The album is not over yet I think. But who knows :) (Raymone,do you?)

I don't think it's a new album, but it could be a new single release from Thriller 25, if this list is real.

I personally think 3 months after Thriller 25 being released is too soon. Maybe from a marketing perspective, the album might come out at the end of '08.

Who f'ckin knows ay lol

Will.i.am recently said they are working on the album.. SO it's definatly not DONE..

BUT, Michael has released the first single to MANY albums before the album was 100% complete.. I'm more thinking we'll get a first single in a couple few months..

I believe that THRILLER 25 is a promotional tool for Michael.. To introduce his music to a younger generation.. This way, when his album drops, they have an idea what he's about.. Many Akon, Will.i.am, Fergie, Kanye West fans will be buying the THRILLER 25th Anniversary.. Hearing a full MJ album for the first time..

think about it.. It's possible right?? So if they promote Thriller 25 let say mainly Febuary, March, April... We could get a first single around May or so.. I'm thinking the SUMMER for sure.. Then the album will be the end of summer/begining of the fall..

Just my beliefe

this was already posted in MJHideOut, in MJNO and some French forum

the list IS NOT BY REUTERS

but otherwise, whoever made this list could still be right

yes the list is definitely not official - j.lo is not going to release a best of any time soon, of this I am sure. even if she is, the date is unknown.

early ? haha :p Michael have been working on it since 2005 : D It´s about time =)

Last edited:

if anyone has the time.. Test release dates with other artists.. See how accorate they are.. That will at least show us that there is SOME truth to this.

This thread will not be deleted, but the title will be changed to reflect that it's a RUMOR or possibly FAKE information.

Furthermore, please do leave Raymone Bain out of this discussion.

I'd just like to point the following consistencies out with regards to what NeYo has said:

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-MmkNeV6_Y

Neyo says in the above video he's been working on a lot of new projects (albums) which correlate with the 2008 albums list:

Janet Jackson's album - 28 Feb
Mary J Blige - 28 Nov
Celine Dion - 9 Sept
Michael Jackson's Album - 20 May (quote: Neyo - "..comin' real, real soon")

^All of these are scheduled to come out this year, all of which Neyo is working on.
^Neyo says he can't say anything more about the new Michael Jackson album out of respect for the king of pop. He can only let the public know he's working with MJ, and that's it.
^Neyo says "michael wants the world to be SHOCKED", hence we're hardly hearing anything about the new album.

Plus, with regards to will.i.am, he's said many times in recent videos that "MJ will kill me if I say anything about the new album".

So.. it's pretty obvious the whole thing is being kept under a tight wrap isn't it?

Last edited:
I don't know, it's possible. Michael probably would want to release his new album right after Thriller 25, and he has been working on the new album for almost two years.

I hope the info is correct, but you never know. I'll wait until Raymone confirms or denies it. :yes:

It's not Bain's fault that MJ keeps changing his mind. I'm not referring to this list, because it looks fake, but just in general. It's kind of hard to blame her for an album not dropping in 07.

this was already posted in MJHideOut, in MJNO and some French forum

the list IS NOT BY REUTERS

but otherwise, whoever made this list could still be right

dito. this infos been around for a while.consdiering how little real info is available about this album ill just be glad to get something this year.who knows if we will

It's kind of hard to blame her for an album not dropping in 07.
the problem is with chinese whispers in the fan community.some take a statement she makes ie single releases will happen b4 the album and fans change that to single releases will happen by the end of 07 and when that doesnt happen they complain. same with stating as fact there will be an album release by the end of 07. that was never said. and even if it were u get several delays with any mj project so u always take what ever dates you get with a pinch of salt

Last edited:
i dont believe this either especially since nothing is on the sony site
and if they name a dat believe me they ll put it on there own site first

Last edited:
exactly. its just wishful thinking. u know at least 6 months in advance when things are really happening with a release

I think the only way we can be truly sure about release dates, tracklists, news etc. about the new album is if Sony/BMG released a press release statement just like how they did with Thriller 25.

Back