T25 DVD - The videos are digitally remastered, but can you tell?

bjoernclausen

Proud Member
The videos on the DVD are supposedly digitally remastered, but can you tell it from the other DVD released?

IMO, no. I watched the DVD alongside the HIStory DVD on two 32" HD-ready screens, and I noticed no difference at all!

What do you guys think?

I thought there would be some better difference, but I guess they wont make that

They were digitally remastered the last time they were released...so how can you digitally remaster something that's already been digitally remastered? lol

i think they mean digitally remastered as in the same as they were before

they havent been changed since the normal DVD releases. Which is a shame, because Sony Music Video (SMV) always sucks in quality. Quite badly.

They were digitally remastered the last time they were released...so how can you digitally remaster something that's already been digitally remastered? lol

I think that's the point...they're just mentioning again that they're digitally remastered from the FIRST original videos lol.

Yeah the videos are identical to any of the DVD releases since HIStory. Digitally remastered my arse, Sony.

Yeah, that's what I thought - really pulling our fingers, letting us think they've been re-remastered, when they've not! :-(

I'm thinking they're saying it's re-mastered from the original; not that they re-remastered it (?).

I mean... boo, evil Sony.

I find it frustrating that MJ doesn't know about this. They should all be re-remastered. We have the technology!

Yeah crap quality videos. Waste of bloody time. They shouldnt have bothered with the DVD if it was like this and made the album bit cheaper.

The Videos are really cheap recoded....i dont give up my hope that Sony gives them a great Re-Mastering to HD:cool:

I dont think the history dvd where remastered either, its just like they have done a VHS to DVD Rip
If they had remastered it it would have been in 16:9 widescreen and with a PQ on another level.
And the fact that they didnt even put on a new 5.1 track sucks too.

The 3 Thriller videos look exactly the same. I don't know why Sony and MJJ Productions have said their digitally re-mastered. I'd love those videos to be re-mastered.

at this point when the DVD's were remastered when they were first released.. SO the difference between a new remastered ,and the older remastered is so little, it is hard to see... U can only improve a video so much..

Maybe some years from now when we are able to fit more pixels etc.. The difference is very little. Like >> HDDVD VS. Blue Rey... The differences are SO little.. Once higher quality equiptment comes out it will get a little better than this..

Remember, Michaels STYLE was to have a grainy look in his videos.. Some of the grain we see is a mixture of.. 1) Done on purpose to give a 'raw' look to it.. 2) It's remastered from old footage, old cameras & film etc..

I don`t think sony ever remastered these videos, not even for the history dvd`s.
I am sure they could have remastered it properly and with 16:9 widescreen too, cause they where shot on film so it is possible even to convert it to HD.

I agree they should be digitally remastered with 5.1 surround, But not in 16:9. That would alter their original aspect ratio and would not be true to their original release.

Remember, Michaels STYLE was to have a grainy look in his videos.. Some of the grain we see is a mixture of.. 1) Done on purpose to give a 'raw' look to it.. 2) It's remastered from old footage, old cameras & film etc..

Well, that was only on Billie Jean, wasn't it? Thriller and Beat It don't really have that grainy look.

When I first heard they were "digitally enhancing" the videos, as they put it, I definitely thought: "Yes! They're gonna do a future Blu-ray/HD-DVD release!" But after seing the actual DVDs, I don't believe that anymore... :(

yep, not 16:9. i mean if they filmed it 4:3 you can't like add on the bits on the side to make it 16:9 if you didn't film it in the first place. :lol:

Back