Michael Jackson Movie 2009???

datblackboi08

Proud Member
Has anyone heard anything about this??? I read an article on MJNO a while ago...??

I forget exactly where I saw the article but it mentioned possibilities of Chris Brown playing J5 era Michael, Usher playing Thriller Michael, and Justin Timberlake playing Michael in his lighter years.....

Anyone remember seeing this?

Last edited:
I wish he could do a Movie.He did wanted to act but I hope he finds a good script so he can make his character come to life. He's such a good actor.I hope some hot shot director will give him another chance to act in a movie someday.

Sorry, but people would not take Michael seriously as an actor. If he ever decides to do movies, I think he should direct or write, but not be an actor. I did think he was great in "The Wiz" and "Ghosts", but overall he's not the best actor lol. He would be great in a broadway musical though. I just don't have any interest in seeing MJ in movies. He should stick to music.

There's no mention at all on IMDB, which is a good indication that there are no concrete plans. I did however see that Michael will appear in a James Brown documentary that will be released later this year. It is currently in post-production. It's probably just stock footage.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0483717/

Sorry, but people would not take Michael seriously as an actor. If he ever decides to do movies, I think he should direct or write, but not be an actor. I did think he was great in "The Wiz" and "Ghosts", but overall he's not the best actor lol. He would be great in a broadway musical though. I just don't have any interest in seeing MJ in movies. He should stick to music.
Really??I was blown away with his acting..from Ghost and Bad. Those two mostly. I haven't seen the wiz yet. I was so impressed with his acting and I wanted to see more. Usually actors bug me if they aren't 100% believable. I have high standards for acting...at least I believe I do.

Really??I was blown away with his acting..from Ghost and Bad. Those two mostly. I haven't seen the wiz yet. I was so impressed with his acting and I wanted to see more. Usually actors bug me if they aren't 100% believable. I have high standards for acting...at least I believe I do.

ohhh you should see The Wiz...its good. and Michael's voice sounds so cute, like a little boys voice lol!!!:p

Michael has never "acted" as anything other than himself, regardless what the names of his characters have been. Sorry, but MJ was merely pretty good for someone who isn't a real actor in his roles. And moreover, roles that he could believably play are extremely slim. If you think the audience would accept Michael Jackson as somebody's pal at the office, you are borderline psycho.

No offense, of course. ;)

He can play Michael Jackson perfectly, since he's Michael Jackson, which is why the parts he's done in the past have been entertaining. There is nothing I have ever seen to suggest that he's got the chops to make it a career where he plays a bunch of different people and personalities effectively. Of course, there are a lot of actors who sound the same in all their parts, but they have the advantage of being much more average than Michael Jackson.

He's already unbelievably gifted at so many things, so there's really no reason for me to pretend he's a good actor too; certainly not in the same way you'd call a professional "good." But for a non-actor, MJ is real good.

And anyway, I thought this movie which almost certainly isn't going to happen (not in 2009, anyway) would be ABOUT MJ rather than featuring Michael on the cast.

I mentioned this before, but a Michael Jackson movie with the right writer would be great. I can't think of a better way to inform ignoramuses about what really happened with those allegations without asking them to research. And of course, a film about his life would be entertaining as hell. Probably wouldn't be as good as The Jacksons flick, though.

Last edited:
I don't see any reason for him to do acting in anything other than what he has always done in the past. He has created his own genre and it works very well. It is not your average musical, not your average music video, and certainly not your average film but he has a style that works very well for him. Why not continue with that? You are right. I couldn't see him acting as a character in "Friends"...though...hmmm...lol..it would certainly be interesting to see.

He has created his own genre and it works very well. It is not your average musical, not your average music video, and certainly not your average film but he has a style that works very well for him.

Agreed. MJ shorts/movies rule.

Eee, I don't think anyone should make a movie about Michael. I was unfortunate enough to yesterday see that God-aweful piece of sh*t VH1 movie about him and I don't think I've ever seen, on TV, a more inaccurate and massive mischaracterization of Michael. It actually upset me because it made me realize just how misunderstood Michael actually is and I almost wanted to throw up from it. So many people just don't get Michael, or they just so totally miss who he is, because they've either got their heads stuck up their ass or they're just completely unperseptive in every way, so they reduce him to this absurd character which they can easily define.

Unless Michael played himself, and was heavily involved in the actual making of the film, the direction and script, etc... it just wouldn't work.

Now what I'd like to see from Michael in terms of a feature length film is an original musical for which he could write the score, the script, choreograph the dance numbers and even direct. That's one vehicle I've always thought would be perfect for Michael to actually showcase the array of his unparralleled talents.

Last edited:
Eee, I don't think anyone should make a movie about Michael. I was unfortunate enough to yesterday see that God-aweful piece of sh*t VH1 movie about him and I don't think I've ever seen, on TV, a more inaccurate and massive mischaracterization of Michael. It actually upset me because it made me realize just how misunderstood Michael actually is and I almost wanted to throw up from it. So many people just don't get Michael, or they just so totally miss who he is, because they've either got their heads stuck up their ass or they're just completely unperseptive in every way, so they reduce him to this absurd character which they can easily define.

Unless Michael played himself, and was heavily involved in the actual making of the film, the direction and script, etc... it just wouldn't work.

Man In the Mirror? Yeah, that was trash. Why I specified "the right writer." MJ himself should also have a big part in the making. Autobiographies that don't involve the person's input is sort of a ridiculous notion anyway.

But MJ playing himself would be pretty ludicrous lol, just for the narcissism factor alone. People would tear that to shreds, and not necessarily without reason. Plus I'd want the film to cover earlier stuff too.

Now what I'd like to see from Michael in terms of a feature length film is an original musical for which he could write the score, the script, choreograph the dance numbers and even direct. That's one vehicle I've always thought would be perfect for Michael to actually showcase the array of his unparralleled talents.

That'd be great. I've imagined basically what you're thinking of before.

I understand that. I just don't see who could actually pull Michael off. It would be so hard, now that I think about it. I agree with you that biographies about people without authorization or input from the actual person are stupid, essentially.

Muhammad Ali played himself in "The Greatest" and I thought that worked out pretty good. And Ali can't act at all, but playing himself was easy.

And yeah, I've wanted Michael to do a full length musical for a long time now, lol. He would just kill in it.

Last edited:
I would like to see a movie with Michael as actor, but this time he should act a part that is not himself, not about MJ or a dancing movie but something different.. and a different character (like in the wiz).. I remember Michael wanted do a movie about Edgar Allan Poe .. .how cool would be that! I really hope one day he will do something, not just few parts in a movie ... but a normal movie like others.

Last edited:
If MJ picks the right movies he could be great especially if its a fantasy movie where actors have faces of creatures like what Rick Baker does. Also alot of roles that Johnny Depp has done, I could see MJ in.

I remember the story about the Edgar Allen Poe movie. I really never saw how that could work. I didn't think it was a good idea that Mike be seen taking drugs or playing someone who was considered "nuts" later in life. Just think about the media reaction to that. Just like he turned down the part in A Chorus Line because the character he was asked to play was homosexual. There's also the race factor.

i reckon micheal could act, but as he's said, he wants to direct and make movies, so let him roll. In the the meantime, i swear i heard that was going to be a film about mj either called Michael or Smooth Criminal: The Michael Jackson Story

No, "Man In The Mirror". It should have been called "Fantasy in the Mirror". It was such a horrible film and such a mischaracterization of Michael. These people don't listen to him and so they miss who he is. It's annoying.

Last edited:
No, "Man In The Mirror". It should have been called "Fantasy in the Mirror". It was such a horrible film and such a mischaracterization of Michael. These people don't listen to him and so they miss who he is. It's annoying.

Well, I think that The Jacksons: American Dream was a great portrayal of Mike, don't you think?

Not only in his character, but the buy who played in that movie even looked a lot more like Michael than the guy in Man in the Mirror.

Michael has never "acted" as anything other than himself, regardless what the names of his characters have been. Sorry, but MJ was merely pretty good for someone who isn't a real actor in his roles. And moreover, roles that he could believably play are extremely slim. If you think the audience would accept Michael Jackson as somebody's pal at the office, you are borderline psycho.

No offense, of course. ;)

He can play Michael Jackson perfectly, since he's Michael Jackson, which is why the parts he's done in the past have been entertaining. There is nothing I have ever seen to suggest that he's got the chops to make it a career where he plays a bunch of different people and personalities effectively. Of course, there are a lot of actors who sound the same in all their parts, but they have the advantage of being much more average than Michael Jackson.

He's already unbelievably gifted at so many things, so there's really no reason for me to pretend he's a good actor too; certainly not in the same way you'd call a professional "good." But for a non-actor, MJ is real good.

And anyway, I thought this movie which almost certainly isn't going to happen (not in 2009, anyway) would be ABOUT MJ rather than featuring Michael on the cast.

I mentioned this before, but a Michael Jackson movie with the right writer would be great. I can't think of a better way to inform ignoramuses about what really happened with those allegations without asking them to research. And of course, a film about his life would be entertaining as hell. Probably wouldn't be as good as The Jacksons flick, though.

I agree, Michael is so talented in so many areas that there's no need to pretend he's also a great actor, he's not...he's ok, but not enough to make a carreer as a profesional actor.

His acting 'skills' only seem to come alive when there's music, if you look at the Bad short film...the whole first part, Michael looks a bit silly trying to play the thug, you simply don't buy it, but as soon as the music start...he becomes that character and his facial expressions really play the part. That being said, the only way I could see Michael doing some serious acting would be on a musical.

I agree, Michael is so talented in so many areas that there's no need to pretend he's also a great actor, he's not...he's ok, but not enough to make a carreer as a profesional actor.

His acting 'skills' only seem to come alive when there's music, if you look at the Bad short film...the whole first part, Michael looks a bit silly trying to play the thug, you simply don't buy it, but as soon as the music start...he becomes that character and his facial expressions really play the part. That being said, the only way I could see Michael doing some serious acting would be on a musical.

I thought Michael's acting in "Bad" was really pretty good, actually. The character wasn't supposed to be a thug. He was supposed to be this smart kid who was being pressured to act like a thug by his friends, lol. When Michael blows up at Wesley Snipes, that was realistic.

Last edited:

:lol: That's the perfect name for that trashy movie. It was really awful. They portrayed Michael as this completley childish, meek character and completely skipped over important events in his career. I've only seen that movie once though and that was enough for me.

That's because he isn't a THUG in the film. His eyes are opened to new possibilities, but he's from a bad part of town and in a tough life. That's the whole point of this film. They are teasing him for being different than they are for going off to a private school. They get teasing him, basically calling the guy a sissy for trying to make a life for himself. He get's pushed.

He comes back with the song. He is "Bad" in a different way. It was much deeper than just playing the part as a thug. That was one of the reasons I thought he is such a good actor. He is from a different life than the rich guys, though we can see he has built friendships with them. The tension builds a bit when on the bus and him and the other guy are the only ones left because it hits that they are going home. Then he slowly enters his old world again along with the other guy and they have a special moment. They are alike in that they are the ones getting out. They are working hard to move beyond that life.

Reality of his life sets in a bit more when his mom is working when he gets home instead of being there to greet him. Then the guys are just having fun being together again. You can tell they are proud of him but don't want him to forget where he's from or feel better than they are just because of this. They want to see if he is still one of them. He sees there is a better life than being a thug. He doesn't want it. He is pressured into it by his friends. So he decides, ok fine, you think I'm a sissy, you think I've changed so much? alright I'll show you! But then when the guy speaks who he was about to jump, you can tell he is thinking back to the Latino guy on the bus who he had that moment with. Reality hits him and he has compassion for the guy and doesn't want him getting jumped. He made his choice right there.

He is "Bad" because he made a choice to break out of the mold. It takes more courage to step out of what is expected of him and do what he thinks is right instead of going along with the crowd. He went against his family, cause those guys are his family, you can tell in the film they are that close. So who's bad? The ones giving in to the pressure doing what they don't want to do or what they know is wrong, or the guy who is brave enough to say NO, Enough! and change his life.

"I'm giving you
On count of three
To show your stuff
Or let it be . . .
Im telling you
Just watch your mouth
I know your game
What youre about

Well they say the skys the limit
And to me thats really true
But my friend you have seen nothing
Just wait til I get through . . ."

He's saying if the guys still think he is a sissy for doing that then come on (Shamon) Bring it. Do it now, or back off. But he has taken a stand and won't do the things they used to anymore. He is no sissy for making something of himself and he deserves respect for it.

Back