Michael Jackson Movie 2009???

i have a question,i dont know the answer for this thread,but i wanna know that was that only rumors that johnny depp will play as mj in a movie about him?

I thought Michael's acting in "Bad" was really pretty good, actually. The character wasn't supposed to be a thug. He was supposed to be this smart kid who was being pressured to act like a thug by his friends, lol. When Michael blows up at Wesley Snipes, that was realistic.
The Bad video was based on a true story of a student from the "hood" in New York that went to a prep school. But he came home on a break and was killed.

The Bad video was based on a true story of a student from the "hood" in New York that went to a prep school. But he came home on a break and was killed.

aw thats too bad about the student. :( there is so much killing now a days, it its just terrible.

:lol: That's the perfect name for that trashy movie. It was really awful. They portrayed Michael as this completley childish, meek character and completely skipped over important events in his career. I've only seen that movie once though and that was enough for me.

lol, and you're better off keeping it that way! They made Michael seem like the dumbest person on the planet.

And yeah DuranDuran, I know that about "Bad".

Maybe they could get Nona the Whack-Job to play his mother/wife?? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Last edited:
No never heard of a Michael Jackson movie for 2009...

I want Michael to start out slow, and maybe do an animation movie in which his voice is used in an animated character. We all love his speaking voice so that would be a good start.

Last edited:
didn't u know the answer of my question!!!:no:

Last edited:
I don't see any reason for him to do acting in anything other than what he has always done in the past. He has created his own genre and it works very well. It is not your average musical, not your average music video, and certainly not your average film but he has a style that works very well for him. Why not continue with that? You are right.

I so agree :)

Sorry, but people would not take Michael seriously as an actor. If he ever decides to do movies, I think he should direct or write, but not be an actor. I did think he was great in "The Wiz" and "Ghosts", but overall he's not the best actor lol. He would be great in a broadway musical though. I just don't have any interest in seeing MJ in movies. He should stick to music.

totally agree i wont see the interest to see him in a movie at all nowadays just because of appeareance , dont get me wrong but what sort of role could he play ? the only role he can play is like in the Gost movie , sorry dont be angry but it only the truth ,i love michael but if he decides to act in movie it would be another opportunity for the media to mock him and to call him a lot of birds name .

I prefer him stiking to music (producer , singer etc...) not cinema , no way .

Michael is as much of a visual artist as he is a recording artist, that's what a lot of people forget. I would really love to see Michael in a feature length, original musical that he could really show off in.

I think it would be amazing if Michael did a feature length movie! and not just behind the scenes. I don't understand why some people feel MJ shouldn't be onscreen because of his looks. There are some A list actors who IMO are not the best looking for the big screen, but they are still acting and living their life. Who gives a F**k what the media and press are going to say...they have called Michael every damned malicious name under the sun. Why let what those b*****ds say stop Mike from having his face on the big screen? I would love to see Mike in a feature length musical like Chicago! With LOTS OF CLOSEUPS, TOO!! Plus Mike had a short cameo in MIIB...THE PEOPLE love Michael! the media are the delusional ones who need to hide their faces!!

I would like to see a movie with Michael as actor, but this time he should act a part that is not himself, not about MJ or a dancing movie but something different.. and a different character (like in the wiz).. I remember Michael wanted do a movie about Edgar Allan Poe .. .how cool would be that! I really hope one day he will do something, not just few parts in a movie ... but a normal movie like others.

I agree.
No offense thats why I never understood how some people take these musicians/rappers who decide they want to do movies seriously. SOME of them are alright but some of these singers can't act for nothing. Then when they do come out with a movie they are either dancing or singing which are things they already do. It doesn't demonstrate any acting skills or ability. Its just about that green.
I think MJ would make a great actor DEPENDING on the role he gets. Like the Poe role would have been interesting.

Has anyone heard anything about this??? I read an article on MJNO a while ago...??

I forget exactly where I saw the article but it mentioned possibilities of Chris Brown playing J5 era Michael, Usher playing Thriller Michael, and Justin Timberlake playing Michael in his lighter years.....

Anyone remember seeing this?

yes sure....

What ever happened to The Nightmares of Edgar Allan Poe? He did start filming that movie, right? Wonder why he stopped. I could see him playing Edgar Allan Poe, but w/ some heavy makeup and prothstetics. I also agree, Michael was good in Bad, Ghosts, but not great. If he took a bunch of acting lessons which I'm sure he would do hopefully if he were to play a role in a movie.

Honestly, though I don't see it happening. Hook would have been great back int he day too, but he'd have to do some minor changes w his look, cut the hair, loose the makeup, etc. sorry don't mean to piss anyone off, I still think he's hot and probably always will, even if he ended up w/ two holes in the middle of his face for a nose, lol.

I think it would be great if he was the voice of a character in one of Disney's PIXAR films, I could see him doing that, definately. That would be sweet!

I believe in MJ's visual genius, as moviedirectos he could do very good things, not as an actor.
I heard he wanted to do a movie about Edgar Allan Poe, it could have been such a beautiful thing, unfortunatley he has been to slow and now Tim Burton is going to do it. That's what I heard.

Well, if MJ sleeps somebody else is going to take his ideas anyway.
I like Tim Burton anyway as a director. He also never said anything bad about mj, and edward Scissor hands his one of mj favourites movies.

It's not that. Tim Burton is a good director, but he tends to really stylize things and make them almost cartoon-like. Edgar Allen Poe wasn't what his writing reflected in a litteral sense. Tim Burton might make him in to some incredibly dark, creepy character, and that wasn't what Poe was. He was a litterary genius with an alcohol problem and who suffered a lot of personal devistation in his life. What a lot of people don't know about him either is that as a young man, he was very athletic. He wasn't some weirdo, but I bet Burton is going to make him seem that way.

^ I agree..

it would not be a realistic protrial.. He tends to make things more 'myth' like..

exadurating things..

make up, lighting, the set, script, directing styles.. all is over the top.. (cool) but when looking for a true story type film.. NO!!

not accorate..

this is just an example..

the difference between TROY and 300.. (aside from the base difference)

TROY felt real, it had a realism to it that you could feel the heat, fight etc..

with 300, the stylized image was interesting but not realistic AT ALL...

many people will like it, but will never be believable as TRUTH

Has anyone heard anything about this??? I read an article on MJNO a while ago...??

I forget exactly where I saw the article but it mentioned possibilities of Chris Brown playing J5 era Michael, Usher playing Thriller Michael, and Justin Timberlake playing Michael in his lighter years.....

Anyone remember seeing this?

If it do come out I'll just can't wait to see Chris Brown does his thang with the J.5 era & Usher who is playing the Thriller Micheal as well.

^ not me.. hat would me a nightmare in my eyes.. it would get more attention for it.. but it would not make it a believable movie..

1) neither of them can pull Michael Jackson off
2) it's silly to use 2 big named people to play the same person like that

I would probably want a unknown to play all Michaels.. E' casanova for Bad-History though.. (that's if he has SOME acting chops)

I think Michael would be a great director because he has a fantastic visual eye and would definitely bring something exciting and original to the table. As for acting, well I think Michael can act but I don't think we've had the opportunity to see what he can do. If you think about it, Michael was pretty convincing as the mayor in Ghosts, he got into character and most people were not aware at the time that it was MJ in prosthetics which is a great achievement. I think Michael could star in a movie and could make it work if it was the right role. I was really interested in the Edgar Allen Poe project and I think if he was able to set the wheels into motion I think he could pleasantly surprise some people.

^ Ya, both directing and producing..

he could re establish a new Film Production Company

hey if WWE could pull it off.. lol! MICHAEL could.

And think about the name power he could pull in.. All the younger artsits that would LOVE to take part in Michael Jackson NEW film production company..

I would like for him to produce films around music, dance, and just inspirering stories..

^ Ya, both directing and producing..

he could re establish a new Film Production Company

hey if WWE could pull it off.. lol! MICHAEL could.

And think about the name power he could pull in.. All the younger artsits that would LOVE to take part in Michael Jackson NEW film production company..

I would like for him to produce films around music, dance, and just inspirering stories..

I could definitely see Michael doing a musical for today's generation, none of that Hairspray, High School Musical type stuff but the classic styled Hollywood musicals of the 30's and the 40's like Singin' In The Rain. Actually I think it would be great if Michael teamed together with Pixar animation studios to create something since they have produced consistently good animation movies and Michael has expressed that he has a keen interest in animation.

Back