The Ultimate Off The Wall Thread

Fayik

Proud Member
Yes, this thread's idea was taken from the "Ultimate Invincible Thread" but I decided that each of his albums deserve a thread for their own, with ideas, opinions, art, and fans with lots of thought from the album. Each topic will be different, once I decide that a topic of the album is complete, we move on.

Full Thoughts Of Off The Wall?​

In my opinion, the whole album is perfect. Each of the ten songs deserve a ***** Star Rating. The album not only showed Michael's vocals as smooth as they ever been (except for Invincible) but also showed a fun Michael. This is one of the only Michael album where he is just having fun, being him, and is bangin' it up on the dancefloor.

Don't Stop 'Till You Get Enough is six minutes of disco classic! No one can deny that beat, you get the hell out of your seat and do your 70s moves! Get On The Floor, Off The Wall, & Workin' Day & Night are other perfect examples of Michael having fun and not sitting in his seat. Let's not forget Burn This Disco Out, my favorite song off the album :wub: That song is my JAM!!

Not only do we have those fun, exciting songs but we have the tear-jerking ballads that show off Michael's heart. She's Out Of My Life, perfect. Wow. Nothing else can describe that song. His crying at the end... :wub:

Mid-Tempos are also here for those mellow guys & girls out there. We have Girlfriend & Can't Help It. These are probably the greatest songs on the album, with Burn This Disco Out. Can't Help It is infectious :blush:!

Overall this album is perfect, each song is ***** stars, and there is never a time that I don't want to listen to this album. The stand-out tracks are:

*Burn This Disco Out/ Don't Stop 'Till You Get Enough
*Rock With You
*Off The Wall
*Girlfriend
*Can't Help It

Your thoughts, please share on our first topic!

Last edited:
AAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:woohoo:
I HAD to come in this thread when I saw it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY FAVORITE ALBUM IN THE WORLD (followd VERY closely by Thriller-lol)

But yeah, this album is perfection and I listen to it on repeat all the time-lol!
I love how the album doesnt have any "fillers" on it, and the whole thing is just perfect!
And yeah, it has something for everyone and the vocals are amazing *sigh*!!!!

*DSTYGE- such a party track and makes me wanna dance. Plus the vocals are beautiful and the music is so full and aesthetically pleasing, if that makes any sense. lol
*Rock with you - so smooth and "sensual" in a way, also amazing vocals
*WDAN- this song is upbeat and also makes me wanna dance, and it seems like everything from the arrangement to the vocals are just perfect!
*Get on the floor- oh man! one of my FAVES!!! This is a BIG dance track and I looove the "breakdown" at the end :)
*OTW- loove this song cause I loove the message!!!! This song makes you wanna forget all ur problems and just be happy!!!!!!!!!! ---and dance!!!!lol love this live in concert too-lol
*SOOML- all I can say is - BEAUTIFUL
*Girlfriend- this song has perfect harmonies and its such a cute song and he sounds so good in it!!!! He can tell my 'boyfriend' whatever he wants!!!lol
*Cant help it- O-M-Gosh!!!! I absolutely loooooooooooove this song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think it is so laid back and jazzy and yet the words are so beautiful! this song is SO overlooked!!!! i 100% looove this song!
*It's the falling in love- such a true story! And mj's voice is sooo beautiful in it!
*Burn this Disco out- 100% funky party song. LOOVE IT

an album full of perfect tracks and perfect vocals :wub:

and that ends my rant on OTW, lol

Last edited:
AAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:woohoo:
I HAD to come in this thread when I saw it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY FAVORITE ALBUM IN THE WORLD (followd VERY closely by Thriller-lol)

But yeah, this album is perfection and I listen to it on repeat all the time-lol!
I love how the album doesnt have any "fillers" on it, and the whole thing is just perfect!
And yeah, it has something for everyone and the vocals are amazing *sigh*!!!!

I love your excitement for the album! I agree, it is perfect! I haven't listened to it in a while :unsure: "Fillers" are never on MJ albums :blush:

The album is musically magical.. It would have even been bigger if Michael pushed for the change he did in the Thriller era THEN..

He could not get the right promotion as a 'black' artist and that effected it..

Non the less, the album is great with amazing melodies that just touch the soul..

Off the Wall is a true gem and it's a shame the critics usually skip it and go straight to Thriller/Bad

My favorite Album is Bad, but OTW follows it very closely.

IMO this album is the perfect choice for any party, I'll guarantee no one can resist the magic of Get On the Floor or Burn this Disco Out.
Plus Michael's vocals were the smoothest I've ever heard.

Off the Wall is a true gem and it's a shame the critics usually skip it and go straight to Thriller/Bad

My favorite Album is Bad, but OTW follows it very closely.

IMO this album is the perfect choice for any party, I'll guarantee no one can resist the magic of Get On the Floor or Burn this Disco Out.
Plus Michael's vocals were the smoothest I've ever heard.

It's like you took the last 2 sentences right out of my post! :lol:

Oh and I definitely agree, the critics always skip Off The Wall & Invincible also. Ugh, stupid critics

Off the Wall represented the fabric of what was going on in 1979, 1980. Michael captured the imagination of a lot of people when he did OTW, it was the first signal that he was going to go far than he ever did during his short Motown period.

Not enough people like this album at the moment!

Post people, POST!

They rather talk about
10omj69.jpg
. LOL

-_-

Very true. That's my favorite Michael album at the moment actually :lol:!

LOL, it's all good. ^_^ I like that album for the fact that vocally MJ was at his most urban SINCE "Off the Wall", lol. IMHO at least.

His vocals were amazing on both Off The Wall & Invincible. Both of those albums are where his voice was at his best. :wub:

Off the Wall represented the fabric of what was going on in 1979, 1980. Michael captured the imagination of a lot of people when he did OTW, it was the first signal that he was going to go far than he ever did during his short Motown period.

The album is musically magical.. It would have even been bigger if Michael pushed for the change he did in the Thriller era THEN..

He could not get the right promotion as a 'black' artist and that effected it..

Non the less, the album is great with amazing melodies that just touch the soul..

ooooooohhhh!!!! I LOOVE these posts, lol!!!!!!!:clapping:

hmmmm, "musically magical".....I LIKE that!!!!!!

Last edited:
off the wall is the kind of album that makes you a legend period and has genius all over it. vocally MJ could do no wrong. the cool thing about Off the wall is that it doesn't sound dated from the sense that you could still put it up against anything coming out now and it could hold it's own.

this is the kind of album that seperated the Kid MJ into the Adult MJ. the kind of album that every act that leaves a Group aspires to make or tries to.

MJ covered so many styles on this album it wasn't even funny. the background vocals the leads and the Percussions were sick on this album.

i mean this is the Album that you can never stop playing and it truly is timeless and stands out from it's time period.

I can't say enough good things about OTW! This is the album that proved to the world that Michael was capable of being successful on his own, without his brothers. I just think OTW is such a claissic album in every sense, even the cover is classic. Michael sounds so joyful on this record. It's definitely Michael's funkiest album as a solo artist and his best dance record too imo. Just put on OTW and that'll get any party started because who doesn't love "Don't Stop 'Till You Get Enough"? I dare anyone to actually try and sit still when this song comes on! And who doesn't like jamming to the smooth grooves of "Rock With You"? The album is ace! I can honestly say that there is not ONE single song on the album that I dislike.

What is everyone's top 5 songs on the album btw? Mine are:

1)Off The Wall
2)Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough
3)I Can't Help It
4)Rock With You
5)Workin' Day and Night

Last edited:
OTW is my all time favorite album from Michael. Not just because it showed that Micheal could still churn out hits without his brothers, but just the sound and the feeling of the entire album is just amazing!I mean, you can feel the pain in She's out of my life and you know every time you here DSTYGE or Burn This Disco Out your gonna get up and dance. I dont think theres ONE song on that album that you can take and say "Oh this sounds like it was made in the 70's". And that timelessness is what ,i think, makes OTW one of Michael's best albums in my opinion anyway.

Last edited:
I can't say enough good things about OTW! This is the album that proved to the world that Michael was capable of being successful on his own, without his brothers. I just think OTW is such a claissic album in every sense, even the cover is classic. Michael sounds so joyful on this record. It's definitely Michael's funkiest album as a solo artist and his best dance record too imo. Just put on OTW and that'll get any party started because who doesn't love "Don't Stop 'Till You Get Enough"? I dare anyone to actually try and sit still when this song comes on! And who doesn't like jamming to the smooth grooves of "Rock With You"? The album is ace! I can honestly say that there is not ONE single song on the album that I dislike.

What is everyone's top 5 songs on the album btw? Mine are:

1)Off The Wall
2)Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough
3)I Can't Help It
4)Rock With You
5)Workin' Day and Night

Burn This Disco Out isn't in your list? :eek:

You need to get into that right now!

*magically appears n thread..poof* yES! this album is simply amazing! Great a true masterpiece. It derserves way more recognition

*magically appears n thread..poof* yES! this album is simply amazing! Great a true masterpiece. It derserves way more recognition

Definitely agreed, funny how his three best albums (HIStory, Invincible, Off The Wall) are the ones with the least amount of respect. What awards have Off The Wall recieved? :unsure:

Definitely agreed, funny how his three best albums (HIStory, Invincible, Off The Wall) are the ones with the least amount of respect. What awards have Off The Wall recieved? :unsure:

it was nominated @ the grammys n won 4 Best R & B Performance” for “Don’t Stop Till You Get Enough (i dnt even think he attended the ceremony).and mj did win some american music awards 4 the
Favourite Soul Album”, “Favourite Male Artist” and “Favourite Soul Single” for “Don’t Stop Till You Get Enough”. he won four Billboard Awards 4 otw also

Last edited:
Burn This Disco Out isn't in your list? :eek:

You need to get into that right now!

Haha no, I actually love that song. It barely missed my list. I was having trouble deciding between BTDO and WDAN, but "Workin'" has the slight edge for me. I just like the trumpets and horns used in that song, as well as the vocal arrangement.

LOL, it's all good. ^_^ I like that album for the fact that vocally MJ was at his most urban SINCE "Off the Wall", lol. IMHO at least.
I agree; OTW and Vince definitely have a lot in common. Love 'em both. :)

Fav OTW tunes:

Rock With You
Get On The Floor - Impossible not to move to this.
Off The Wall
I Can't Help It
Workin' Day and Night
DSTYGE
She's Out of my Life - can't listen to this one very often; makes me cry. Yes, I'm a sap. lol

Off The Wall is the album I got into last of all the albums.

And all I can say is - WOW.

Not my favorite album, as Dangerous takes the crown, but definitely the most fun album :) :) :)

Get Up Won't You G'on Down
Shake Your Body Won't You G'on Get Down !

Won't You G'on Get Down!
Won't You G'on Get Down!
Won't You G'on Get Down!

OOOOOOOOOOOWWWW!

So get on the floor! Haha! WOOO!

GOTTA LOVE THAT SONG!

Last edited:
I love this album, it's my favorite one (eventhough I love all his albums)
I love it most for the reason that was first stated,he just sounds like he was having so much fun making it and that rubs off on me everytime I listen to it. I can't even pick my 5 favorites since to me the album is complete with all the songs, although I must say 'I can't help it' is truly one of my favorite songs he has ever done. lol

Off The Wall is the album I got into last of all the albums.

And all I can say is - WOW.

Not my favorite album, as Dangerous takes the crown, but definitely the most fun album :) :) :)

Get Up Won't You G'on Down
Shake Your Body Won't You G'on Get Down !

Won't You G'on Get Down!
Won't You G'on Get Down!
Won't You G'on Get Down!

OOOOOOOOOOOWWWW!

So get on the floor! Haha! WOOO!

GOTTA LOVE THAT SONG!

Love your enthusiasm ^_^ I agree, that song is the business!!!

BTW, I think you guys should take a close look at the awards michaelsson posted for Off The Wall. He was acknowledged for his work before he was "The Thriller' :lol:

OTW was a major success. I believe it was the first album ever by a solo artist to score 4 top ten hits and at the time it was the biggest selling album by a black artist in history.

At the time, yes, other than Stevie Wonder, I don't think no one in the R&B community sold that well as Mike so that was definitely a big deal at the time.

Which is funny, because although it broke records and had huge sales, the critics never speak of it and skip right over to Thriller.

I just can't get over that! :angry: Okay, I'd like to hear a bit more 'Full Impressions' until we get into our next topic :flowers:

there is no doubt that Off The Wall is a brilliant album. the faster tracks just make you wanna get up and dance (tracks like DSTYGE, WDAN, GOTF and BTDO are my favourite to dance to), and ballads like She's out of my life are amazing especially with emotion he puts into it when he sings

and of course you cant leave Rock with You out, brilliant song and i love the drum beat at the beginning

Back