The Dangerous Tour Discussion Thread

Agent Black

Proud Member
hi, i just saw that there is a thread to discuss michaels bad tour and thuught why not also open one for the dangerous tour.
(Im sorry if there is already a thead for this but would not find.) ...

We can talk about the shows, the concert in bucharest witch is released on dvd and much more. I have to say, that like the bucharest concert. I know that a lot people say that its really bad edited and that there are way better shows. But i still love this concert. I also saw the unedited version ( thanks to brennsuppe for sharing it !) and i have to say that some angles are better in the edited concert version ! For example: The moonwalk in billie jean ! I think its looks much better in the edited one than in the one witch isnt. I dont know, what are you thinking about it ? What is you opinion ? Witch show wouls YOU live to be released ? :)

Julian

Last edited:
finaally a dangerous tour thread!!

i loove the daangerous tour it was my first michael jackson i owned on vhs!:D
i really think that dangerous is his best tour, i mean i loove the bad tour aswell i mean the singing, his vocals the dance it all was amazing, but when it comes to dangerous his move had improveed soo muuch, and he still was able to sing live just like he did in the bad tour (well not 100% live) for an example billie jean live in dangerous tour (the cologne one) that has to be one of the best billie jean performence eever!!
i also like the way he entered the stage and exits it it was all so new uniqe, unbeliveble..

finaally a dangerous tour thread!!

i loove the daangerous tour it was my first michael jackson i owned on vhs!:D
i really think that dangerous is his best tour, i mean i loove the bad tour aswell i mean the singing, his vocals the dance it all was amazing, but when it comes to dangerous his move had improveed soo muuch, and he still was able to sing live just like he did in the bad tour (well not 100% live) for an example billie jean live in dangerous tour (the cologne one) that has to be one of the best billie jean performence eever!!
i also like the way he entered the stage and exits it it was all so new uniqe, unbeliveble..

If I had to choose the Billie Jean performance in Munich was the best I think.

Do you saw the show in munich ? I thin kthe performance is very good. Not the best but still very good !
He still looks like the "BAD MJ" in this first show. :)

omg u ppl better flock 2 this thread! the dangerous tour is my faaave. omg, im n awe talkin about it! man n the mirror!!

The 1992 leg of Dangerous Tour was awesome, though not a energetic as the Bad Tour (one of the reasons being, Michael was ill whilst on tour with a number of dates been canceled last minute.).

I remember the first of 3 Dangerous concerts I attended, and it was raining most of the day. About 20mins before Michael was due on stage, music by various Motown artists was being played in Wembley Stadium and then something like Keep Me Hanging On by Diana Ross & The Supremes was the second from last song. And the the final song was We Will Rock You by Queen. The sound then went silent, the lights went down and the classical song Carmina Burana started playing, big screens switched on with a montage of Michael Jackson, then "POW" Michael Jackson jumped up on stage. That is the best ever intro to a Michael Jackson concert.

I was amazed by Michael's Wembley Statdium performances, but sadly the Dangerous Tour: Live in Bucharest has erased my own memories of the Dangerous concerts I went to, because it's shockingly crap. The original BBC1 versions screened in November 1992 is dull and Michael lacks energy (he cut the tour short after that concert as he was having problems with his throat, and went to have an operation on it). The official DVD release of the Dangerous Tour is the HBO versions screened in December 1992, and is badly edited with crowds and parts of Michael's performances from many different countries and dates.

There is some great footage of the Dangerous Tour, like MTV's Dangerous Tour Diaries and a MTV Music Awards performances (or some USA awards show) for Michael performing Jam at Wembley Stadium. Full concerts of those performances, would give the Dangerous Tour the credit it deserves because fans who think the Bucharest concert is a true representation of the Dangerous Tour are being mislead and are really missing out.

Last edited:
The is some great footage of the Dangerous Tour, like MTV's Dangerous Tour Diaries and a MTV Music Awards performances (or some USA awards show) for Michael performing Jam at Wembley Stadium. Full concerts of those performances, would give the Dangerous Tour the credit it deserves because fans who think the Bucharest concert is a true representation of the Dangerous Tour are being mislead and are really missing out.

Agreed 100%!!!!

I have attended one Dangerous concert in Vienna in 1992 and the atmosphere in the stadium was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!! Michael filled the whole stadium with his energy. I was far away from the stage still I could feel it. I still can't believe I was lucky enough to experience the Michael magic (twice :D)!

Ohhhhhhhhhhh maaaaaaaaaaan. Okay. I have all this footage from the "Dangerous Tour", and benscarr, you're right. The Bucharest show doesn't show at all what that tour was like. Some of the footage I have, from various news programmes and documentary's, Michael was sick, and I mean he was so off the chain good that it was scary. His dancing was unreal, just unreal. The level of energy that he had, the power in his steps, combined with the fluidity, the ease, the speed and the cleanness of his lines, it just blows my mind any time I see it. Every time he hit a step, he looked like a coild spring just releasing and all of that wound up energy exploding out in to a totally controlled burst, no sloppiness or excess, and then transitioning that same energy and strength in to the next step with total fluidity.

This tour doesn't get the credit it deserves because Michael didn't sing 100% live, but who cares, lol. His command of the stage, the beauty of his dancing, and his charisma were off the charts.

I didn't know he actually had surgery on his throat though. You could tell on certain dates that he was feeling bad, his energy was way down.

Last edited:
This tour doesn't get the credit it deserves because Michael didn't sing 100% live, but who cares, lol. His command of the stage, the beauty of his dancing, and his charisma were off the charts.

Cool post !!!

I'd like to point out to a lot of fans, that one of the reasons Michael didn't song 100% live on the Dangerous Tour was that he was very ill whilst on that tour in 1992. A number of concerts were canceled, and one was canceled at Wembley Stadium just 1hr before Michael was due on stage. Michael even collapsed on stage at Wembley Stadium at the end one concert after performing Man In The Mirror. So at least for the Dangerous Tour their is a good reason for Michael lip-syncing, but I'm not so sure about his reasons for lip-syncing on the History Tour.

I would love it if Michael released another concert from the Dangerous Tour on DVD, because I can't watch BBC1 version (which is much better than the badly edited and contrived HBO version) or the HBO, Live: In Bucharest concerts as there not good concerts and apart from Michael's stunning performance of Working Day And Night, Michael has zero energy on that concert.

Yeah, thanks for the info. I had no idea he was so ill for a large part of that tour. That sucks. And fans gets so harsh with him too over it. On certain shows you can tell he isn't feeling good at all. Which makes it remarkable that he would get out there at all even.

I heard he was suffering from bronchitas (sp?) or something like that on the History tour, which would explain why his voice was so hoarse when he would sing live.

I heard he was suffering from bronchitas (sp?) or something like that on the History tour, which would explain why his voice was so hoarse when he would sing live.

I think he was suffering from something like bronchitas. Let's hope when Michael does do another world tour he will be able to sing a full tour live again. Because I think the throat problems Michael had on the Dangerous Tour are part of the reason, Michael lip-synced almost all of the songs on the History Tour, as may have been advised by doctors not to put too much strain on his voice. As Michael does tour for too long, like a year and a half, and most artists and bands only tour for a about 3 or 4 months.

Yeah, that's true. I'm certain that Michael could sing a full tour live no problem. He needed a break though. When you think about it, the Bad tour lasted from 87 to 89, then he began touring again in 92-93, and then again from 96 to 97. So for that whole period, from 87 to 97, he toured for 4 out of those ten years. That's a lot. I think he'll be okay, vocally, now. And like you said, he goes on the road for so long, and does such long shows, over two hours, it had to have taken a tole with so little rest in between each one. But I'm sure now he would be fine.

mike had laryngitis on the history tour,his dr didnt want him 2tour,but yall kno mike lol the show must go on so mimin was the alternative

Michael said in his autobiography Moonwalk, that he had problems with his throat on some concerts on the Destiny Tour and that Marlon had to sing some of his parts on some songs. Because when you think about it, Michael may have started having vocal problems with his throat at a younger age than most artists, he's been touring since he was he was 11yrs old. And from 1970-81 the Jackson 5/Jacksons toured every year, and that's going from the age of 11 to only 23, and 23 is an age most artist will start touring in an intense way.

michael said in his autobiography moonwalk, that he had problems with his throat on some concerts on the destiny tour and that marlon had to sing some of his parts on some songs. Because when you think about it, michael may have started having vocal problems with his throat at a younger age than most artists, he's been touring since he was he was 11yrs old. And from 1970-81 the jackson 5/jacksons toured every year, and that's going from the age of 11 to only 23, and 23 is an age most artist will start touring in an intense way.

trueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

OMG THE FREAKING DANGEROUS TOUR!!! :w00t: ::jumps up and down all excited::

IDK why, but man the attitude and feel of this tour was just AMAZING... Speaking as a lighting designer, this show just blew me away in regards as to what they accomplished as far as special effects go in the early 90s. Even the stuff that was still every day technology at the time was used just brilliantly... I mean come on, you can't tell me you didn't absolutely LOVE those strobes during Jam!!! :D

This tour was also the tour that I felt Mike's whole "Mysterious" thing was at it's best, both with the theme of the album and with how he presented the tour. Part of it had to do with the fact that he pretty much NEVER talked to the audience, but how he entered, exited, and presented himself was just so incredibly crafted to perfection of the whole Dangerous 'feel'.

I could just talk about the Dangerous tour until the cows come home! BTW, I personally love the Bucharest DVD... ::dodges tomatoes::

BEST TOUR!!!! Gahhhh, I love it so much. :wub:

I love the outfit and I don't even know why! I love his hair during the Dangerous tour! Although all the songs wern't live the ones he did sing live were amazing!!! I don't mind lip syncing anyway. :lol: I LOVE the Working Day and Night pants. :drool: :lol:

020.jpg

mj1497.jpg

103-1-1.jpg

113-1.jpg

Well Michael was just freakin' intense beyond description. Hands down the greatest performing artist that ever lived.

Last edited:
mike had laryngitis on the history tour,his dr didnt want him 2tour,but yall kno mike lol the show must go on so mimin was the alternative
Some fans hace said that the laryngitis thing was never confirmed and its only a fan myth. How true is that? Or rather.. ho false is that?

Michaels voice problems started with the Bad Tour, he mimed more songs at the end of the tour, and if you listen to the 1989 Los Angeles concert on youtube you hear his voice and you know he has laryngitis. He got that heavily on the DT, so he took painkillers to handle shows. He got addicted at the end and the rest is history. That is why he mimed most of the songs on HT, because DT nearly destroyed his voice.

I personally like Dangerous and History more then Bad because of the dancing. Michaels dancing went on to another level after Bad, so I never think of Bad as his best even if he did sing more live. The best concerts from DT are at the beginning. BJ Munich is in my opinion the most energetic performance of that song. his concerts in Sweden, wembley and belgium were powerful. but around september, october 1992 he got tired. same thing on HT. he had less energy on the second leg then the first

laryngitis is very common for singers, and singers who sing with a high pitch voice contracts it easier. It is not a myth, but a serious problem for MJ.

Look at the tour's dates. I mean the Bad Tour was 123 concerts! Some 3-5 concerts in a row some of them. Harsh for the throat!

That's really scary when you think about it. If Michael lost his voice, that would be devestating. So people complaining about him miming should cut him a break, seriously. I never knew he started taking pain killers because of his throat problems on the Dangerous tour. Where did you find that out K.O.S.? If you don't mind my asking. That's sad.

Last edited:
Michael cancelled the tour and taped a audio recording where he explained why he had to cancel, back in 1993. Elisabeth Taylor also talked about it on the Diane Saywer interview in 1995. Michael has actually been taking painkillers since the burning accident in 1984 during the pepsi commercial. So I think he had the problem way before Dangerous tour. That may have also prompted the decision to mime on the History Tour. He was maybe also scared he would get addicted again if he got throat problems.

Oh I know about his past addiction to pain medication and the fact that he's taken pain medication througout the years for various things, I just wasn't aware that he was taking them to deal with the throat problems is all.

Back