Saw ENTIRE TWYMMF film for the 1st time!

mjroxworld

Proud Member
Goodness I couldn't believe the thing was almost 10 min. long! I rented the HIStory DVDs the other day so I got to see a couple of things I hadn't seen before. I didn't even know that song had more to it. It was good, though. It def. goes with the theme of the album, being "bad" and all, proving to everyone that he's a manly man and a big flirt, lol, despite his overall gentle disposition.

No not a new fan, lol. Just didn't realize there was all that extra stuff on top of the video. I'm no expert, I'll say that much. But yeah that was the first time I'd seen the DVDs. After '96 my focus wasn't exactly on Michael Jackson; it was on the love of my life and gearing up for college and then my family and ministries. Life goes on, with or without the great Michael Jackson.

The video for "TWYMMF" is one of my favoirte. Seeing the whole thing is worth it. The scene at the beggining adds greatly to the entire context of the film. The part where Michael's trying to hang out with the "though" guys and they reject him and then he gets adviced by the older man who tells him just to be himself, and it turns out that himself is cooler then those other guys could ever be, lol. It's a great film, from the story to the dancing, which I think is some of Michael's finest.

Yeh i love the beginning of TWUMMF its great :)

I feel so privileged that I grew up in the era when they had "Michael Jackson weekends" on MTV. (or when they actually showed music videos)

Growing up in the early 90's you could always see these extra stuff, they even aired the "controversial" mini-movie where he bangs up cars and shit after "Black or White".
Man I sure miss MJ-Weekends, all these "behind the tour of Dangerous/Bad" and making of and stuff.

It's hard to come in as a MJ-fan after year 2000, on the other hand you have sooo much to discover that you had absolutely no idea of! :)

yea michael jackson week on vh1 was the best, the lil mj cartoon in the botdf clothes cracked me up during commercials, and they showed all the vids and the bucharest concert and the j5 cartoons and moonwalker,the jacksons an american dream,and all kinds on interviews and specials. man i miss that

I miss the " mj weekends" too brucewayne :(

Me too, I used to absolutely love when VH1 and MTV would have MJ weekends. Those were good times when those channels were actually about the music, they should bring those back. I think VH1 Classic and BETJ should have MJ weekends. I'm gonna write to them and suggest it.

i love the "you let me on my kneeees naaaah baby..... hooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!" pum pum bobobooom pam papapapapam ppapapapam... lol

^^^^^^^^ Isnt it: 'You Knock me Off of my feet nah babyy Hooo!!!" lol sorry for bein so pety about it lol i cant help it :p:p

Sorry my english is aweful!! you're absolutely right. But anyway he could have said "babadibadoobabiiii nah baby hoooooooooooooooooooooo" i would be thrilled too hahahahaha

Michael was obsessed with making mini-films longer than "Thriller" by this point. That's why "Bad" was like 17 minutes long and "Ghosts" was 35 minutes.

yeah Ghosts was pretty cool. saw that for the 2nd time yesterday with the kids. they thought it was pretty awesome, too, especially the credits where it showed Michael's various characters and makeup. :)

I feel so privileged that I grew up in the era when they had "Michael Jackson weekends" on MTV. (or when they actually showed music videos)

Growing up in the early 90's you could always see these extra stuff, they even aired the "controversial" mini-movie where he bangs up cars and shit after "Black or White".
Man I sure miss MJ-Weekends, all these "behind the tour of Dangerous/Bad" and making of and stuff.

It's hard to come in as a MJ-fan after year 2000, on the other hand you have sooo much to discover that you had absolutely no idea of! :)

I agree man, i became a fan in 01' and let's just say I didn't exactly pick the best decade to become a fan.

yea michael jackson week on vh1 was the best, the lil mj cartoon in the botdf clothes cracked me up during commercials, and they showed all the vids and the bucharest concert and the j5 cartoons and moonwalker,the jacksons an american dream,and all kinds on interviews and specials. man i miss that

i know right i luv the old mj weekend special
i used to record it all the time

The video is the truth. It never gets old and it stays sexy after all these years. You don't have to put (half-) naked girls shakin their behinds to make videos sexy. And what about the dramatic effect? The story is quite simple and not much of action, but it really grabs the audience cuz it uses the silence and darkness so well. Man, I wish I would've seen it when it premiered. I'm curious about people's reactions at that time.

"You knock me off of my feet nah babe hooo!!!"---one word, BAD. I knew the girl was playing hard to get from the start :lol:

The alley dance showing Michael and dancers in silhouette and the his grunting, thrusting on the ground stimulating the "act", gets me everytime.

It was obvious what was on his mind as he made that short film.

He even shows us with his body!

Yeah the first time I saw the extended version of TWYMMF is when I got the HIStory dvd. However as someone else pointed out there's an even longer version. Same thing with BAD, there were a load of scenes that were cut out. Apparently there was a video for Just Good Friends made with MJ and Stevie but unfortunately its never seen the light of day.

The alley dance showing Michael and dancers in silhouette and the his grunting, thrusting on the ground stimulating the "act", gets me everytime.

It was obvious what was on his mind as he made that short film.

He even shows us with his body!

ooooohhh that part. soo sexi! :swoon: yeah that gets me every time i see it too. i wish we could see the even longer versions of everything.

Omg. i didn't even know there was a long version of that video. i wanna to see it now!

Back