Wednesday, January 21, 2009

MsSnoop

Proud Member

Michael Jackson News

Hmm... Don't see any 'news' - perhaps something interesting will happen as the day goes on

Michael Jackson Mentionings

Obama sparks young backers at Youth Ball
Chicago Breaking News - Tribune, IL -
At the ball, which at times resembled a high school prom, people danced to Kanye West hits, Black-eyed Peas, and some old school Michael Jackson cuts. ...

Alaskans receive warm waves from new president
[SIZE=-1]Anchorage Daily News, AK - [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]When it wasn't playing Creedence, the Colony band performed its take on Michael Jackson's "Thriller." On the sidelines, where vendors hawked Obama buttons ...[/SIZE]

WHAT OBAMA MEANS...
New York Times, -
... stars like Prince, Michael Jackson, Bill Cosby, Michael Jordan and Denzel Washington, even as he captured the imagination of a new generation of voters, ...

Youth Ball, Part I
[SIZE=-1]Washington Post, [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]A deejay is playing Michael Jackson's "Rock with You." Arms go up. They are dancing to their parents' music at the youth ball. A backdrop of white stars ...[/SIZE]

American Idol 2009 - Kansas City Auditions
[SIZE=-1]Curlio.com - [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]The next contestant, Asa Barnes, is a band director and was singing Michael Jackson’s “The Way You Make Me Feel”. It actually sounded good. ...[/SIZE]

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++​

Just some adorable photos!

badera121.jpg

Today in

Michael Jackson History
1992 - Michael Jackson's album "Dangerous" was certified Gold and 4 times Platinum.

2005 - The judge in the Michael Jackson child molestation case granted the prosecution permission to seek expert testimony on child abuse victims.

**************************************************​

JAM - Starring Michael Jordon

"Jam" is a song by Michael Jackson from his 1991 album Dangerous. The single was re-released in 2006 as part of Jackson's Visionary: The Video Singles collection. The rap portion of the song was performed by Heavy D of Heavy D & the Boyz. The music video of the song featured NBA legend Michael Jordan. The song was also featured on the Chicago Bulls' - Jordan's team at that time - 1992 NBA Championship video "Untouchabulls". The song was used as the opening number on Jackson's Dangerous World Tour.

Make sure you watch it ALLLL the way to the End! :punk::punk:

******************************​

:wild: So, how many of you own one of these? :wild:

Michael-Jackson-Moonwalker-Puppet-92468.jpg

Michael Jackson Puppet Cooler

======================

I'll return in the AM with Birthdays - they don't appear on the site for me until after midnight (I guess) - because it's not tomorrow here yet :cheeky:

Last edited:
More Mentionings:

New Yesterday: What Obama Means by Jabari Asim
[SIZE=-1]January magazine - [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]How about Sidney Poitier’s Academy Award and Michael Jackson’s Thriller? Now me, I would not have made those connections and, having read What Obama Means, ...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-2]Access Hollywood[/SIZE]

Oprah Recommended Obama’s Inaugural DJ
[SIZE=-1]Access Hollywood - [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]... “Wanna Be Startin’ Something,” by Michael Jackson, “We Are Family,” by Sister Sledge and “Your Love Keeps Lifting Me Higher,” by Jackie Wilson, ...[/SIZE]

Jacksonsera13.jpg

Thank you MJSEXBOMB for doing the Birthday's this morning!

i hope they were paying royalites seeing as mj owns that jackie song lol

Michael Jackson News

Hmm... Don't see any 'news' - perhaps something interesting will happen as the day goes on

Michael Jackson Mentionings

Obama sparks young backers at Youth Ball
Chicago Breaking News - Tribune, IL -
At the ball, which at times resembled a high school prom, people danced to Kanye West hits, Black-eyed Peas, and some old school Michael Jackson cuts. ...

Alaskans receive warm waves from new president
[SIZE=-1]Anchorage Daily News, AK - [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]When it wasn't playing Creedence, the Colony band performed its take on Michael Jackson's "Thriller." On the sidelines, where vendors hawked Obama buttons ...[/SIZE]

WHAT OBAMA MEANS...
New York Times, -
... stars like Prince, Michael Jackson, Bill Cosby, Michael Jordan and Denzel Washington, even as he captured the imagination of a new generation of voters, ...

Youth Ball, Part I
[SIZE=-1]Washington Post, [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]A deejay is playing Michael Jackson's "Rock with You." Arms go up. They are dancing to their parents' music at the youth ball. A backdrop of white stars ...[/SIZE]

American Idol 2009 - Kansas City Auditions
[SIZE=-1]Curlio.com - [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]The next contestant, Asa Barnes, is a band director and was singing Michael Jackson’s “The Way You Make Me Feel”. It actually sounded good. ...[/SIZE]

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++​

Just some adorable photos!

badera121.jpg

Today in

Michael Jackson History
1992 - Michael Jackson's album "Dangerous" was certified Gold and 4 times Platinum.

2005 - The judge in the Michael Jackson child molestation case granted the prosecution permission to seek expert testimony on child abuse victims.

**************************************************​

JAM - Starring Michael Jordon

"Jam" is a song by Michael Jackson from his 1991 album Dangerous. The single was re-released in 2006 as part of Jackson's Visionary: The Video Singles collection. The rap portion of the song was performed by Heavy D of Heavy D & the Boyz. The music video of the song featured NBA legend Michael Jordan. The song was also featured on the Chicago Bulls' - Jordan's team at that time - 1992 NBA Championship video "Untouchabulls". The song was used as the opening number on Jackson's Dangerous World Tour.

Make sure you watch it ALLLL the way to the End! :punk::punk:

******************************​

:wild: So, how many of you own one of these? :wild:

Michael-Jackson-Moonwalker-Puppet-92468.jpg

Michael Jackson Puppet Cooler

======================

I'll return in the AM with Birthdays - they don't appear on the site for me until after midnight (I guess) - because it's not tomorrow here yet :cheeky:

I own one too...:punk:

A Night Out: Creative Coalition Inaugural Ball
[SIZE=-1]Washingtonian.com, DC - 2 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]A DJ played feel-good hits like the Commodores’ “Brick House” and Michael Jackson’s “PYT (Pretty Young Thing),” which gave the room a laid-back atmosphere. ...

[/SIZE]Last Night: Barack Obama Presidential Inauguration Skaters' Ball at FunkyTown Roller Rink

By Tamara Palmer in Last Night
Wednesday, Jan. 21 2009 @ 2:18AM

(The Godfather of Skating gets down)

Last Night: Barack Obama Presidential Inauguration Skaters' Ball

FunkyTown Roller Rink (also known as the gym at International Studies Academy in Potrero Hill)

January 20, 2009

Better than: Watching CNN on loop.

As the brainchild behind the Midnight Rollers Friday Night Skate and the Golden Gate Park gatherings every Sunday, David Miles, Jr. has been synonymous with rollerskating in San Francisco for 30 years. He's rarely without wheels on his feet, so the idea of celebrating President Obama's inauguration with a skater's ball was completely natural.

Not only did Miles garner a huge crowd spanning an age range of some 60-plus years, many people got into the costumed spirit. There were disco dollies in sequined hot pants, warped facsimiles of Dubya and Hill and a guy that not only looked something like Obama but was honestly one of the best skaters there, dipping through narrow margins in the thick of it with consummate grace.

The soundtrack was exactly what it should be, with a bouncy playlist that included liberal doses of George Clinton, Michael Jackson, Earth, Wind and Fire and Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam with Full Force. Nary a tune was out of place, even those (occasionally corny) patriotic ones that slipped into the mix.

Critic's Notebook

Personal bias:
I was a competitive figure skater for seven years.

Random detail: My white and pink, first-generation rollerblades literally both started to fall apart just a few revolutions into my skate. They still look fly, but they are garbage on wheels.

By the way: Miles also hosts a web TV show and plans to resurrect his annual Black Rock Roller Disco out on the playa at Burning Man later this year; he's already counting down the days (now 209). And they'll probably be doing the "Thriller" dance there, too.

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/shookdown/2009/01/last_night_barack_obama_presid.php

Last edited:
Can't find any more news, and the mentionings are comparing Obama and Michael, or repeating the fact that no matter how you do it, you can't have a GREAT party without Michael Jackson music!:clapping:

------------------

But did you ever stop to think what it would be like if you were named Michael Jackson...just not the Michael Jackson?

Here's some news on the other "Michael Jacksons":

Plumas County news on-line
[SIZE=-1]Plumas County Newspapers, CA - [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Quincy Library Group representatives Michael Jackson and Linda Blum appeared at the Jan. 13 Board of Supervisors meeting to update officials on the status ...[/SIZE]

Obama inauguration: Alabama residents experience history
[SIZE=-1]Press-Register - al.com, AL [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Michael Jackson grew up in segregated Alabama, when blacks and whites drank at separate water fountains and a black person couldn't sit down for a meal at a ...[/SIZE]

GM loses top spot; tough bailout terms urged
[SIZE=-1]Forbes, NY - [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Mike Jackson, chief executive of the top US dealership group AutoNation Inc said that January sales were weak and credit ....[/SIZE]

Walhalla can't escape bad night
[SIZE=-1]Daily Journal, SC - [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Michael Jackson and Jericho Jackson keyed the run as Michael got a steal following a Sammy Head basket and moved the ball ahead to Jericho, ...[/SIZE]

or on another note -

what is Tayler Hicks doing photoshop'ed into Thriller?

:doh: :doh: :doh:

Elite make their mark in the dance fraternity

The evening was not only entertaining and refreshing, but it spoke volumes of the intentions of the Elite Dance Group. Like their anthem, which speaks of community, friendship and seeking guidance, the presence and inclusion of other dance companies showed their willingness to strengthen ties in the dance fraternity...

Like most shows in Antigua and Barbuda, the group joined the fraternity of late starts. But as the little tykes, led by Omari, launched into an adorable rendition of the National Anthem...

We enjoyed the Michael Jackson Medley of Shae Francis. No stranger to the stage, Shae reminded us why he was once the talk of the town, bringing hip hop to the stage with his shows-topping moves, stickman vibrations, and boneless limberness...

It was Michael Jackson’s Thriller that had the audience in stitches. Not just a singer, little Omari, face deathlike, and smelling high of baby powder, returned to the dance floor to show his move. Taking on the roll of the Zombie in this Michael Jackson legendary song, he never once lost his characters as he joined in the dance, and rightly delivered his solo (the MJ crotch grabbing gyration included). Entertaining on every level, Elite is certainly carving their place in the local entertainment scene. company...

http://www.antiguasun.com/paper/?as=view&sun=281935077507132005&an=411005088601182009&ac=Special%20Feature

Back