What about a reality TV for Michael

rsw22

Proud Member
Michael is well known for not wanting to do too much TV and reality stuff.

But given that it's a trend, wouldn't it be great if Michael had his own show made to coincide with his album release. A show that incorporated reality tv and music like pop idol and the sort.

Suppose a competition was created for a girl who would feature in one of Michael's music videos, with a prize included and auditions were open from around the world.

The TV show would be syndicated worldwide and feature mostly Michael's music and musical knowledge about him.

The winner would then get to be the main dancer in his video along with her recording career thereafter.

The public could vote for who should be the winner, as Michael would be reluctant to boot anyone off and he could appear possibly in the final show to meet the winner.

That would be great for his music exposure and getting the public engaged with his music by having it as the focus, not to mention the earnings he would get from producing and syndicating the show worldwide

Uhm .. Im not realy too hot for that idea. I mean it is an interesting suggestion and all but im sure michael will have a great marketing and promotion scheme of his own ;)

But given that it's a trend, wouldn't it be great if Michael had his own show made to coincide with his album release. A show that incorporated reality tv and music like pop idol and the sort.

Suppose a competition was created for a girl who would feature in one of Michael's music videos, with a prize included and auditions were open from around the world.

The TV show would be syndicated worldwide and feature mostly Michael's music and musical knowledge about him.

The winner would then get to be the main dancer in his video along with her recording career thereafter.

The public could vote for who should be the winner, as Michael would be reluctant to boot anyone off and he could appear possibly in the final show to meet the winner.

That would be great for his music exposure and getting the public engaged with his music by having it as the focus, not to mention the earnings he would get from producing and syndicating the show worldwide

bad idea mate

HELL NO!!!!!!

No, no, no, no, no!:no:

For real, thats one arena MJ should not tread.:angel:

nooooooooooooo,part of what makes him who he is is the mystery around him. cameras following him 24-7 and watching it on a weekly basis wud take away from that. no no no,and i feel reality tv is for washed up celebs anyway, brett michaels,flavor flav, ect.

I think the other way of PR may be better than reality show ..

Reality tv isn't for Michael as Michael is too famous and still have a huge fan base. That kind of thing is of celebrities who weren't that famous in the first place, or were very famous for only a few years and have no fan base.

:bugeyed!!!!

HELL NO!!!!!!:no:

well Michael literally said in his Ebony interview last year that he doesn't like that kind of show and that it's never gonna work to compare peoples talents in such a way, so I guess there's little to no danger he'll do that.
*looking for the exact quote...*

I think it would be a big mistake for Michael to do any reality stuff, he needs to recover from the past with a sucessful album and sell out concerts, even just one, that puts him back where he belongs as one of the greatest entertainers of all time. I think if he did any reality TV it would undoubtably be seen by many as a desperate attempt at a comeback.

i agree with everyone else, BUT another side of me would love to see michael in something like big brother... ONLY becuase we would be able to see him living 24/7 and that wuld b soooo cool!! but i would never want him to do it and he would NEVER need to do it becase hes michael jackson... But it sure would be interesting to watch lol :p

Michael's every move is a reality show, the movie THE TRUMAN SHOW was written because of that. He doesn't need anymore over exposure. I'll leave that up to Mike though. P:EACE

HELL YEA it's not about desperation or being washed up or this or that....note that before the lameness of brett michaels and flavor flav, EVERY famous person who did reality tv were the EXEC PRODUCERS so they had the final say in what ended up on tv.

osbournes
carters
simpson/lachey
navarro/electra
simpson by herself (asslee)
ashley angel
abdul

i mean, y not? he's a mystery for all the WRONG reasons....let's take away the stigma people have of him and normalize him a bit. the mystique can still stay but damn, people think this man lives in the clouds and that's simply not true.

take any statement made by anyone who's worked w/ the dude in the past few yrs and see how 'normal' they make him out to be and how amazed everyone is that they're saying that. now take that statement and let it be reality by showing, instead of telling people.

not a bad idea but he'd never do it.

Unreality tv would be much better. Like a reality tv where Michael invites people living with him but then fools them totally how his life is. Michael could play the image of Michael Jackson.

Michael Jackson - the biggeste legend ever - entering reality TV??

Imagine MJ walking into the Big Brother house with his bag over the shoulder!? - NO WAY!!

He is too big, too known and to intelligent to ever do that!

He should make a special like the one that was planned for 1995, or something like that. Or an interview like the Oprah or Martin Bashir kind of Interviews - only of course not by Bashir.

I originally asked a simular question. I think it would be ok under certain circumstances.

He should do like an American Idol type of thing, so that the main feature of the show does not evolve mainly around him. They should steer away from his home and private life and just concentrate on his creativity. I'd like to see a reality show like that. I think he should appear on Dancing with the stars IMHO. He would definitely win. I'd imagine he's be teaching his trainer a thing or two.

I think they may not even ask him to be on that show, because they know he WILL win. No contest.

the ratings would be astronomical, because people would be tuning in just to see him dance and wear awesome outfits. *I can feel my pulse race just thinking about it*

Yeah. He shouldn't do anything like a documentary. Because we all know how the last one turned out. Like Iboz said he needs to steer away from the personal stuff and bring it back to his music. That's what's important at this point.

I originally asked a simular question. I think it would be ok under certain circumstances.

He should do like an American Idol type of thing, so that the main feature of the show does not evolve mainly around him. They should steer away from his home and private life and just concentrate on his creativity. I'd like to see a reality show like that. I think he should appear on Dancing with the stars IMHO. He would definitely win. I'd imagine he's be teaching his trainer a thing or two.

I think they may not even ask him to be on that show, because they know he WILL win. No contest.

the ratings would be astronomical, because people would be tuning in just to see him dance and wear awesome outfits. *I can feel my pulse race just thinking about it*

They actually don't let people with previous dance experience on to that show, lol. Michael's a better dancer then any of the pros. on that show, so it definitley wouldn't be fair to the other contestents.

Michael could do a documentary of some kind, as long as he had full control. I was saying the other day in the thread about Celebrity Big Brother that I could imagine Michael being on that show and how easily he would win because he's so nice and likeable. He would win a show like that with zero effort practically. If people could be forced to see him how he is and actually pay attention to him instead of what's said about him, they would instantly fall in love with him. The only problem is, going on a reality show would smack of desperation and that's how the media and press would label it. The biggest stars in history have been a combination of talent and enigmatic personality. The world already knows practically everything about Michael. He's already given nine million interviews. If people don't know what he's like by now, it's not because he hasn't shown them, it's because they're simply refusing to see him.

I think it would be nice for Michael to do some kind of mini series about his life, talking about current events and all aspects of his career. Like Episode 1 could be about his life now working on new projects and around home with his family, episode 2 about the beginning of his career, episode 3 about the transition to Epic Records and Off The Wall, episode 4 about Thriller and Bad and so on, showing rare footage and with commentary from people he's worked with

It could be called "The Many Lives of Michael Jackson"

I think it would be nice for Michael to do some kind of mini series about his life, talking about current events and all aspects of his career. Like Episode 1 could be about his life now working on new projects and around home with his family, episode 2 about the beginning of his career, episode 3 about the transition to Epic Records and Off The Wall, episode 4 about Thriller and Bad and so on, showing rare footage and with commentary from people he's worked with

It could be called "The Many Lives of Michael Jackson"

that's the type of 'reality' show i'd tune into, but you know any major broadcaster is going to want to cram in as much private life, gossip-focused and controversial ish to the point of drowning out documenting what Mike actually does for a living. all about ratings in time of celeb-obsessed culture...

even his fan sites have become more gossip-centralised than anything else. actually i can't think of one popular artist who this doesn't apply to.

Sadly arXter, that's true. It's documented on this very site, with the groove thoery section forum getting hardly any hits at all, while people dive in to disucssions about Michael's private life. It's pretty lame, actually. The fact that there's a seperate, sub-forum to discuss his art is lame in itself when you think about it, considering the main reason people are fans of Michael is because of his artistry. You can't even talk about his art on the main fourm of this site, lol. If you ask me, Michael the person and Michael the artist are one and the same. That's who he is and if you want to find out about him, then that's where you go, his art. I'd love to see a film with Michael just showing off his talents. That would be more interesting then anything.

Sadly arXter, that's true. It's documented on this very site, with the groove thoery section forum getting hardly any hits at all, while people dive in to disucssions about Michael's private life. It's pretty lame, actually. The fact that there's a seperate, sub-forum to discuss his art is lame in itself when you think about it, considering the main reason people are fans of Michael is because of his artistry. You can't even talk about his art on the main fourm of this site, lol. If you ask me, Michael the person and Michael the artist are one and the same. That's who he is and if you want to find out about him, then that's where you go, his art. I'd love to see a film with Michael just showing off his talents. That would be more interesting then anything.
hit the nail on the head, and it is cringe-worthy how much focus there is on his private life, even if it is with good intention. it's bad enough in the press and the general public...

and i'm not going to buy the "he's not coming out with any new music" excuse - he's already left a catalogue of work for infinite discussion. and even when he drops new music, wait a year or two and we'd be back to the same situation.

as i say, same with any other popular artist (just less amplified).

If you look at all the celebs who have done reality tv, it hasn't done anything positive for them. Look at Britney and K-Fed, Jessica and Nick, Whitney and Bobby. All of these people are no longer together and made complete fools of themselves when they were on reality tv.

IMO, reality makes the public too familiar with the celeb and it takes away all the mystery. Michael's had his private life totally exploited during the trial. I don't think he wants to go down that road again. Even when he did let someone into his world....Bashier....look what happened. Everything he did was twisted into something sinister.

In the words of Sarah Palin...

Thanks, but no thanks to that bridge to nowhere!

Back