Meaning of Superfly Sister - What was MJ thinking while writing it?

SpunkyFunky

Proud Member
i would like to have your opinion about that song. what do you think is the real meaning behind it, what was MJ thinking while writing it?

i think its an interesting song, it surprised me a lot.

yea i was wondering the same thing...coincedentally i posted a thread a couple of days ago called the breakdown on superfly sister....i love that whole part when he sings "ya dirty keep doin it ya nasty etc." lol makes me feel like i actually am a bad little dirty girl! lol

but i think the song is just saying that young boys and young girls have gotten so caught up with the whole idea or act of sex that they have just forgotten wat love is really about...

"push it in stick it out that aint what its all about"

but i would like to know what he means by

"God is jammin on the run"

hmmmm...

ohhh i thought what you said "god is jammin on the run" was actually "got his jimmy on the run" i dunno which one is the case now. And one is more obvious than the other.

lol its "got his jimmy on the run" you can hear it clearly at the end.

and i agree people are so cought up in the sex that they dont care about anyone else.

yeah i always understood something with "jimmy" not with "god jamming" lol

yeah i think the thing bout the love stuff is possible. the problem with me is always that i listen to the song and understand the words but something is wrong with my head lol, its hard for me to imagine WHY he used that lyrics and WHAT real meaning the song should have. lol

haha you feel like you are a bad dirty little girl? mouahaha thats too funny, guess i have to think about you now everytime i listen to superfly sister! hahaha

yeah i always understood something with "jimmy" not with "god jamming" lol

yeah i think the thing bout the love stuff is possible. the problem with me is always that i listen to the song and understand the words but something is wrong with my head lol, its hard for me to imagine WHY he used that lyrics and WHAT real meaning the song should have. lol

haha you feel like you are a bad dirty little girl? mouahaha thats too funny, guess i have to think about you now everytime i listen to superfly sister! hahaha

lol i love that ending the way he drives the song home and ends with "you really dont want it!" lol i just love it! so ur gonna think about me huh? thats hilarious!

yeah, my favourite songs from BOTDF are morphine and superfly sister... the ending really is great. i just love his songs.. hehe.

yeah i have to think about you now when i listen to this song. lol. sorry, its your fault :D

yeah, my favourite songs from BOTDF are morphine and superfly sister... the ending really is great. i just love his songs.. hehe.

yeah i have to think about you now when i listen to this song. lol. sorry, its your fault :D

lol hey those are my two favs as well!!!!

great minds think alike ya kno! lol

1 phrase...michael jackson is a freak lol. kinda like me hahahaha =p

Hm... i think meaning of superfly sister is so easy to recognize even by first line of lyrics. And what "real meaning" are you talking about, it's so evident

My interpretation...

Its about Susie being on the single scene, and all guys want to do is get in her pants...She is truly not impressed...

Susie has a sister that is married to a hood, and she really thinks she's got it good...

If the guy really wants to know about who & what Susie is all about he will respectfully wait...

If not, don't let the door hit you in the duppa

:angel:Knowledge Is Growth...Education Is The Key~~~

yeah..lol....i love this song. and it does talk a lot about being irresponsible. yeah..this is why MJ does so well. people keep 'discovering' his songs. lol

mizzneneluvzmj said:
but i think the song is just saying that young boys and young girls have gotten so caught up with the whole idea or act of sex that they have just forgotten wat love is really about...
lol its "got his jimmy on the run" you can hear it clearly at the end.

and i agree people are so cought up in the sex that they dont care about anyone else.
Well said! I too think that's the message. Another great thing about the song is, he didn't make it sound too preachy and kept it funky and humorous.
coolerthanallie said:
I always thought it was about LaToya and her abusive relationship with Jack Gordon.
Never thought about that. Yet another way to look at the song:) IMO, he's speaking to "sisters and brothers" out there meaning young boys and girls or male and female adults or all of them.

At a first listen it sounds like the song would be about sex, but when you listen closely it sounds more like it's about how there is more to relationships than just sex. But that's just my opinion. I don't know MJ and I can't look into his brain, so I have no idea how he meant it. Someone who gets to meet him could ask him? :lol: :lol:

Back