Is there any song of Michael's that still makes you cry?

Emerald

Proud Member
For me, it's Heal The World. Almost every time I hear it I tear up. It's like Michael's life philosophy in a song. Also, it reminds me of the memorial and everyone up on stage singing Michael's message. That was such a touching and beautiful, though heartbreaking, part of the ceremony.

Also at different times other songs get me, like
Will You Be There
Ben
I'll Be There
We Are The World
Gone Too Soon

Last edited:
we are the world
will you be there
ben
you are not alone
gone too soon
who is it
more to life than this

etcetc

Basicly every slow and/or sad song makes me cry.

I absolutely can't listen to man in the mirror or gone too soon, I don't think I ever will... :(

will you be there , stranger in moscow , someone put your hand out , on the line , fall again , is it scary , and morphine ~and bless his soul i mean theres alot that make me cry to be honest .

Will You Be There gets me EVERY time. I think it's a perfect funeral song...actually thought about writing it down to be played at mine for when it's my time...

I still haven't tried to listen to Gone too Soon Yet...I just know it will make me cry...

Heaven Can Wait is kind of sad too...

Will you be there
Gone too soon
She's out of my life
Cry
Heal the world
And the Jacksons Even though you're gone and Man of war.

Yes several:

Heal The World: Because it was all Michael wanted, no matter how cruel the world was to him. It was a lovely dream, and now it's gone. Also reminds me of the time that this song helped me get over my own suicidal feelings and to have hope in this mad world.

Will You Be There: My favourite Michael Jackson song. It's like his message to everyone and his undying love for us all.

I'll Be There: The lyrics and the "childish" tone always get me.

Ben: Reminds me of how Michael struggled with his own dysmorphia (he talked of hating his appearance because of his father mocking him), but that the world SHOULDN'T judge by appearance.

SOMETIMES We Are The World and Man In The Mirror get me but I often think of those as uplifting songs as well.

Aww thanks so much guys for sharing all your feelings.

I have to add "I'll Be There" to my list aswell. I just thought of it earlier.

Well there are songs of Michael that I don't want to hear. Because I am not ready to hear them again. Like:

Will You Be There
Heal The World
Childhood
Gone Too Soon
Somewhere In The Dark (I tried to listen to that song but it started to make me cry too much. That I had to shut it off.)
Smile
You Are Not Alone

You Are Not Alone I had only listen to this song once since my beloved Michael died. And that song had made me cry so much that I can't go back and listen to it again. And that song never made me cry before. I also can't seem to go back and listen to the songs off of Michael's Invincible album. For some reason I just can't seem to handle that album right now. But there is one song of Michael's that I can go back and listen to again is Little Susie. For the first couple of weeks I didn't think I was able to ever hear that song again. But now I want to hear that song. Even though the song is just so sad to listen to.

Stranger in Moscow does it for me every time. :-( Esp if you watch live performance as MJ is almost bent double as he means it so much every word of it......:-(
His gut feelings about how he feels/felt. :-( And as it's been said before ''Heal the world'' . Hearing this with 'new ears' as means SO MUCH MORE now he has passed. :-(

Human Nature- I struggle through this one b/c that was the song that played on the radio when his death was confirmed.
Childhood and Gone To Soon get to me occasionally, depending on my mind frame.

Will you be there, You are not alone, Whatever Happens, MORPHINE!
Don't think i'll ever listen to any of those ever again, not even joking about that statement, being completely serious.

"Will You Be There"
"Heaven Can Wait" :cry:
"The Lady In My Life"
"One Day In Your Life"
"You Are Not Alone"
"We Are The World"
"Man In The Mirror"
"Music & Me"
"Smile"

-I think these songs will always make me cry. I can't listen to any of these without crying.

Last edited:
Well there are songs of Michael that I don't want to hear. Because I am not ready to hear them again. Like:

Will You Be There
Heal The World
Childhood
Gone Too Soon
Somewhere In The Dark (I tried to listen to that song but it started to make me cry too much. That I had to shut it off.)
Smile
You Are Not Alone

You Are Not Alone I had only listen to this song once since my beloved Michael died. And that song had made me cry so much that I can't go back and listen to it again. And that song never made me cry before. I also can't seem to go back and listen to the songs off of Michael's Invincible album. For some reason I just can't seem to handle that album right now. But there is one song of Michael's that I can go back and listen to again is Little Susie. For the first couple of weeks I didn't think I was able to ever hear that song again. But now I want to hear that song. Even though the song is just so sad to listen to.

Someone In The Dark makes me cry like a baby everytime and I feels like he's the one in the dark for me.
I'm not ganna TOUCH Gone Too Soon lately cuz it's so tearful.

Last edited:
"Someone In The Dark"
"Smile"
"Stranger In Moscow"
"Is It Scary"
"You Are Not Alone"
"Someone Put Your Hand Out"
"Gone Too Soon"
"Morphine"

The main ones for me would have to be:
- You Are Not Alone
- Will You Be There
- Gone Too Soon (can't listen to it - I have only listened to it once since this happened, which was the other day, and I was in a fit of crying sobs :( )
- One More Chance

I am sure there are others, but these are the four that get me every time.

All of them :( but in particular:

You Are Not Alone
Childhood
Will you Be There
I'll Be There
Gone Too Soon
Heal the World
Stranger In Moscow
Earth Song

Heal the world... such a beautiful voice, such a beautiful soul
I wish so badly he would just jump out and say it was all a trick or something and come back to us :cry: miss you more everyday Michael that's the truth and it hurts :cry:

Smile
You are not alone
Will you be there
Gone too soon
Childhood
One day in your life (some maybe don't get that one but it's a personal matter)

I'm still just trying to listen to uptempo song, I got a hard time with the others... "You are not alone" is impossible right now", as soon that song comes I change to another. More is "Will You Be There", "Heaven Can Wait", "One Day In Your Life", "Ben", "Gone too soon"..."Smile" is hard sometimes also, it both makes me smile and cry...I'm sure there is more, can think of more right now though.

Your Are Not Alone
Lost Children
Speechless
Will You Be There (Particularly the end: I'll Never Let You Part, For Your Always In My Heart." :( So true)
I Just Cant Stop Loving You- Hadn't cried to that until lastnight, when i played and broke down knowing it was a month on.
Morphine (Sometimes, though whole Demoral bit :( )
Heal The World
Ben

You Are Not Alone breaks my heart every time. When I really feel I need to let my emotion out, I listen to this. The lyrics of the second verse are so so beautiful, and get me very time.

Will You Be There makes me cry if I'm already feeling sad - especially the part he speaks at the end.

Man in the Mirror, because the soft instrumental of it being played as his casket was being taken out was the saddest moment of my life. Just bringing it up made me well up a bit.

I Want You Back also makes me sad because it was the first song that I heard when I found out he died, and I have a strong emotional attachment to songs that connect to a specific event. Sometimes it will come on and i'm not mentally even paying attention to what song it is, but my BODY reacts, like my heart speeds up a bit. it's weird.

i'll be there has always made me feel something, even more now

Back