Is there any song of Michael's that still makes you cry?

There's a lot of songs that make me tear up, but I never cried as hard as when listening to "Earth Song" for the first time... Actually - second time, because the first time I listened to it I was so utterly stumped that I just sat there staring at the CD player, lol... My mother and I both literally howled listening to "Earth Song" for weeks. :D

Nowadays all his songs make me cry.
I tried "Speed Demon" the other day, for something neutral, and guess what? Yeah.
So I won't even attempt "Will You Be There", "Cry", "Speechless" and "Gone Too Soon" I'll afraid I'd never be able to listen to again... :cry:

Last edited:
i don't cry when i listen to michael's music?
but my fav michael jackson is the new one that come out after michael died
is a place with no name

Hey everyone...I'm new to the forum. I have to say, Man in the Mirror...I still cry when I hear it, as well as Gone too soon.

Theres alot of them I have a hard time listening to. I feel so awful because I used to listen to these songs every day and now they just make me so sad... :no: :cry:

Wow
what songs don't?

Gone Too Soon
Stranger in Moscow
Earth Song
Will You Be There
You Are Not Alone

& now that he's gone: Smile (forgive me Michael i can't :cry:) & I'll Be There

Last edited:
for me there are a few songs that make me cry ... smile (ironic huh? ) i'll be there, stranger in moscow (even if i never had any russian links , never been there or stuff... i feel very attached to that song) but the one that made me cry ever since i've became a fan, back in '92 is "will you be there"
i had a rough childhood, with hardships and lacks of any kind but also with parents who fought each other and a "control-freak" a mother that used to beat me more than my dad did... and i used to whisper this song just before i went to sleep and it made me cry but it also gave me hope and strength to carry on. but some wounds never heal and this song still makes me cry.

Oh yeah... I also can't listen to "Heal The World" ... It makes me too emotional. Also, I try not to listen to "We Are The World, We Are The Children" because that was the very first MJ song that I ever performed to along with my fellow 2nd Graders. It was all for a school musical, and we loved every minute of rehearsing that song... it made us so happy being little children and all. It was truly the highlight of our entire program, and we were so proud to be singing it. I'll never forget that experience EVER. *sigh*

i know. may be my reaction is not normal but all his songs make me cry now. :(
i'm trying not to listen to anything now.

Totally normal. :( We all deal with things in different ways :hug:
I find listening to Michael's music helps me. It feels like he's with me through his music.

Countless, were do I start

You are not alone (This one does it to me every time)
I Just Cant Stop Loving You.
Liberian Girl (His voice is so beautiful)
Gone To Soon (Perfectly Stated)
Butterflies (He gives me butterflies)
Will You Be There (You hear his pain)
The Lady In My Life (I Change it to The Baby In My Life - Meaning Michael of course)
Aint No Sunshine
She's Out of My Life (He's Out of My Life)
One More Chance

I Love this man with everthing in me. It hurst he is gone, and I am trying, but damn its so hard.

right now all of his songs make me wanna cry. but as for now You Are Not Alone makes me cry. Ive herd that song twice already and each time ive bawled. I love that song so much but i just cant handle hearing it knowing my dear michael is gone and just the way he songs it makes me so sad. Also gone too soon makes me cry my eyes out and smile. but like i said all his songs make me wanna cry. although so far is upbeat songs like black or white im ok with but i cant listen to any of albums. ive only herd these songs on the radio. i dont know when i will be able to listen to him or watch any of videos without crying again.

we are the world
heal the world
you're not alone
strange in moscow
will you be there
i'll be there
gone too soon

above these songs will make me cry

Like I've said before, I've had a hard time with "You are not alone" but I acually watched the video on my DVD and it helped a lot! That song has such a different meaning now... Seeing him as the angel he is, and see the last part of the first chorus where he looks straigth into your eyes and sings "you're always in my heart, but you are not alone". It's so true! God, I love him so much! He's never gone! :)

I find listening to Michael's music helps me. It feels like he's with me through his music.

This has all been such an emotional rollercoaster for me, and I know exactly what you mean about listening to his music and feeling his spirit.... but on some days, I simply just can't stomach listening to certain songs. It really depends on the day/mood I'm having. Some days are better than others, but when it's a bad day... I'm just trying to keep my sanity through all of this. I'm trying to heal. :(

This has all been such an emotional rollercoaster for me, and I know exactly what you mean about listening to his music and feeling his spirit.... but on some days, I simply just can't stomach listening to certain songs. It really depends on the day/mood I'm having. Some days are better than others, but when it's a bad day... I'm just trying to keep my sanity through all of this. I'm trying to heal. :(

I feel the same way.....some days I need to keep listening to him, but some days it hurts too much.....

My turn...
Altough every song can bring me a smile because is voice is so wonderful, those also makes cry:

Don't walk away
She's out of my life
Man in the mirror
You are not alone
Never can say goodbye
I just can't stop loving you
Smile
Earth song

and... On June 26th I was listening to ''Jam'' and just broke into tears when he says :''You must live each day like it's the last'' cause well, the day before was his last... Damn!

Well, at the end, most of them brings me joy and tears at the same time... :cry:

Totally understand too.
Love and peace to you.

Smile

...and plenty others. But I can't name excact songs because sometimes they make me cry - sometimes they don't. If I'm on the mood I can start crying while listening Thriller.

Smile
Will you be there
Heal the world
Gone to soon
Speechless
Dont walk away
We are the world demo
Who's lovin you
Music and me
:cry:

For All Time
Smile
Speechless

or even songs that arent so slow. thinking back to listening to all his songs while he was alive and now listening to them and hes gone.

i cant listen to Will you be There without crying.. especially when its the ending part.

others that i have a hard time with
gone to soon-not sure i will be able to listen to this one for a while
stranger in moscow
speechless
ben
i'll be there- i was at Boarders books on Friday and they had this on.. i had to leave cause i started crying
childhood and lost children
you are not alone

im having another emotional day today i haven't played his music cause i know they will all make me cry again.

Another one for my list..Speechless.
Spent about an hour last night sobbing while listening to it.

Back