[Global Album Chart] "Thriller 25th" is #1! AGAIN!!!!(updated)

I can't wait til it reaches the 1 mil mark in the US, so that the RIAA website can be updated to show it is only 1 mil away from the Eagles. However, I think that since Thriller hasn't been updated for years, it may have already been sitting at almost a mil BEFORE T25 was even released.

Watchallthink?

I can't wait til it reaches the 1 mil mark in the US, so that the RIAA website can be updated to show it is only 1 mil away from the Eagles. However, I think that since Thriller hasn't been updated for years, it may have already been sitting at almost a mil BEFORE T25 was even released.

Watchallthink?

Seriously I really wouldn't be surprised if Thriller has surpassed The Eagles in the US because its been so long since Thriller has been recertified.

In its 6th week in Belgium, Thriller 25 has fallen 3 places this week to No.6.

In its 6th week in the Dutch album charts, Thriller 25 has fallen 10 places to No.18.

Last edited:
Seriously I really wouldn't be surprised if Thriller has surpassed The Eagles in the US because its been so long since Thriller has been recertified.

I wonder why it hasn't been recertified? Wouldn't that have been the greatest pr for the launch of Thriller 25?

T25 Sold Another 113,000 Copies Worldwide This Week And The 7 Week Total Now Stands At 1,472,000 !!!!!! ITS IN 8TH POSITION DOWN FROM 4 LAST WEEK

Well, I don't see why Sony would not re-certify T25 after the success of this album. It is time for a recertification and they know it!

Not true.

The RIAA keeps a count of the shipped records. But they will not conduct an audit until the record label requests it and pays a fee to the RIAA for them to do it.

Audits are not automatic. The way the record label/artists knows that they are close to gold/platinum status is by looking at the royalty statements which shows the shipped amounts to stores and other outlets. When they get close, they contact the RIAA and pay the fee to have an audit done and have their award status updated to gold or whatever the case may be.

No doubt, Sony and Michael are watching his shipments and royalties to see how close it is before they request that audit. It doesn't make since to waste money on audit if you know you are not even close to gold, platinum or diamond status. And with T25 almost at gold status and with the fact that the album hasn't been recertified since 2005, I think we will see a recertification some time this summer. And Thrillers's status will be updated from 27 mil to 28 mil. And if Michael is blessed to have it sell another mil, we will see them updated again to 29 mil and so on and so forth.

Last edited:
Erm, Sony HAS NO SAY in certifications.

That's the job of RIAA & Co.

Incorrect, the RIAA can only certify what a record label submits, SONY has to pay to have Mike's sales audited then submit the recertification to RIAA and only then can the RIAA upgrate the certification total.

That is correct, Hopesprings, but the RIAA also counts shipments. They have the most elaborate system in the world for this. But the record label has to pay the fee and make the request before the RIAA will update an artists' record.

I think Michael and Sony will have this done later this year after Thriller reaches another 1 mil mark.

T25 Sells Another 73,000 Worldwide This Week, Climbing 1 Place To Number 8.
The 9 Week Total Now Stands At 1,638,000 Worldwide!!!

this thread title needs updating there is not use living in the past. leaving it at #1 is a joke. it hasnt been there for 5 weeks on mediatraffic.

T25 Sold Another 64,000 Copies Worldwide In Its 10th Week On The Worldwide Albums Chart!!! Its 10 Week Total Now Stands At 1.702 Million.

1.7 million that is quite a lot for a 25 years old album.

In its 11th week T25 sold 55,000 copies worldwide & it sold another 47,000 copies worldwide in its 12 week, total now stands at 1,804,000 copies sold worldwide

In its 11th week T25 sold 55,000 copies worldwide & it sold another 47,000 copies worldwide in its 12 week, total now stands at 1,804,000 copies sold worldwide

thats great by the end of the year it will have sell more than 2millions...thriller25 is doing preaty well whithout big promotion without videos it stands by itself and sells like crazy!!! am reading articles about michael they always writing the crap things you know..but when they talk about thriller25 they shut their mouths they cant do anything else they admit the success...

T25 Is Now Number 16 On The Worldwide Albums Chart.

It Sold Another 40,000 Copies This Week, Taking Its 14 Week Total To 1,888,000 Copies Sold

why the heck is the title still laying claim to the #1 spot. Thats living in the past. Hasnt been #1 worldwide in 3 months. Thread title needs to be changed.

Back