[Global Album Chart] "Thriller 25th" is #1! AGAIN!!!!(updated)

Re: [Global Album Chart] "Thriller 25th" is #1!

This figure is very low.... In the USA it has sold 167 000 copies alone, France has confirmed sales of over 75 000, Poland 10 000, UK sales are over 40 000, and such... plus those figures are all based on info released between 3 and 7 days ago.. Being realistic, it is safe to assume that Thriller 25 has already passed the 500 000 mark and will be crossing the 1 million mark by this wednesday.

Also, the album has not been released in markets such as China, Japan, India, etc. These countries have huge populations and will add significantly to global sales.

Infact, I estimate that by March 31st Thriller 25 will have sold over 2 million copies globally...

I dont really understand why is says over 400,000 copies world wide when Sony said it was over 1 million copies bought all over the world and counting ?!

Sony has said they have shipped 1 million copies since its release with lots of re-orders already coming in. This means that the overall global sales figure should be approaching 1 million soon, which is what i said in my last post.

thast great am so happy right now!!and asia is not in yet....

Thats great!
1 million in 17 days (it was released on 7th feb in some countrys)...

I can come close 2,5 million to the end of march:)

Last edited:

oh my goodness this is incredible! T25 is placed at #1 at my local music store 'Sanity' in Australia. Soo proud!!

It won't cross the 1 million mark if Sony doesn't ship more albums...

When will they ship more?

Before it reaches a million - they are in businees to make
money. If there is a demand they will supply it :)

i wonder if he will maintain #1 spot on global album charts... Asian countries get their issue this week so that should help boost global sales :)

So Asia, China and Japan will have Thriller25 by the end of the week?

It was great to hear Michael in the United World Chart is NO.1'.
Congratulations Michael ^^

find out tomorrow if MJ can pull the #1 in the world off 2 weeks in a row!:)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MJ is at Number 2 (he was number 1 last week) in whole of europe, behind Winehouse - see below -

After seven weeks as Europe's No. 1, Winehouse's album spent the last two weeks at No. 2 behind new entries for Jack Johnson and then Michael Jackson. It returns to the summit after climbing 3-1 in Switzerland and the Belgian region of Flanders, 2-1 in Spain, Austria and Ireland, and holding at No. 1 in Germany, Holland and Portugal. It's also up 7-3 in Italy, 10-5 in Poland, 7-5 in Wallony and 16-12 in the United Kingdom, where the deluxe, two-CD edition of the album vaults 14-3 in the wake of Winehouse's Brit Award performances.

Jackson's 25th anniversary reissue of "Thriller" (Legacy/Epic) thus falls to No. 2 overall, although it holds at No. 1 in France and Wallony, debuts at No. 2 in Sweden and climbs 5-2 in Ireland, 4-2 in Spain, 3-2 in Denmark and 6-4 in Poland. The re-release also maintains six other European top five rankings.

Thats a good result, many thanks to france now 92,000 sold there in 2 weeks!!!

World charts announced tonight, pretty sure MJ number 1 for a second week on the most important chart!!

its doing so well right now best move MJ ever made. Maybe he is testing the waters to see what the public reaction is to him now and then you never know a new album might follow.

Last edited:

So do we have a current count of sales worldwide.. Or do we have to wait some more to get an updated one.

So do we have a current count of sales worldwide.. Or do we have to wait some more to get an updated one.

We will find out the approx 2 week sales total worldwide tonight!

[Global Album Chart] "Thriller 25th" is #1 (again!)

253,000 copies!

semttulo1qf1.jpg

Total: 634k (+7,5% = 681k)

http://www.mediatraffic.de/

:D:D:D:D

Last edited:
Re: [Global Album Chart] "Thriller 25th" is #1 (again!)

BOOYEA

Heres an interesting fact last week USA sales accounted for roughly 45%, this week it accounted for just 25%.

IMO; I DO NOT think 166,000 copies are strong sales considering there was different editions available and the 'same fans' were just buying 'different versions'. If fans bought more than 1 edition that means there was not 166,000 'individual fans' that purchased. If each fan purchased at 'least' two different versions that means half of 166,000 is only 83,000 'individual fans' that purchased.

IMO; I DO NOT think 166,000 copies are strong sales considering there was different editions available and the 'same fans' were just buying 'different versions'. If fans bought more than 1 edition that means there was not 166,000 'individual fans' that purchased. If each fan purchased at 'least' two different versions that means half of 166,000 is only 83,000 'individual fans' that purchased.

whos to say jack johnson fans dont buy multiple copies? we are not the only fans who do that.

I just wondered.!?

How much is MJ paid pr. CD sold??

It T25 has sold 600.000 copies in just 2 weeks, and the rest of the cataloug is selling better these days because of the release of T25, then MJ must make a hell lot of money!

If he gets like 4$ a CD that'll be $2.4 million just for the T25 sales soo far.

But does anyone know how much he gets paid??

What is the total sales worldwide of Thriller 25? Is it a million yet?

Back