What do you think of Walgren?

Yazman

Proud Member
I thought he was amazing last night! (last night for me, trial day 21 in the USA).

Did you see him doing the cross on White? He was like a bloody attack dog, just brutally destroying White, every single word he said was torn apart and revealed for what it was. Walgren seems like he really wants people to know the TRUTH here, unlike a certain DA we know (that cold man).

So yeah I'm quite pleased with Walgren, especially lately, he's just been doing a great job and especially his cross examination of White was awesome.

I haven't heard all of it, but what I heard impressed me a great deal! How can anyone not see and get an understanding of what went down that fateful day. It is becoming more and more obvious.

This seems a bit strange to say but we're lucky during the trials that Michael has been involved in that he's had two excellent lawyers in his corner. I wish none of them happened, especially the one now, but the one tiny saving grace is that we have excellent lawyers.

This seems a bit strange to say but we're lucky during the trials that Michael has been involved in that he's had two excellent lawyers in his corner. I wish none of them happened, especially the one now, but the one tiny saving grace is that we have excellent lawyers.

my thoughts exactly.

I think Walgren is great for the things he's brought out so far in this trial. But personally, I believe there are still some serious issues with this case that he needs to clear up before it is over.

Last edited:
He's great, he sounds really motivated, he obviously works a lot, has great experts on his side. Dr Shafer seems to really be available all the time for him . It's not easy to be the prosecutor in a trial, especially here with all the science that's involved.

But I agree with kingofpopforever, there are issues he needs to clear up before the end, I hope he will

Walgren is really so much better a prosecutor than I was expecting. I really wasn't expecting someone who was so thorough, focused and passionate about this case as he seems to be. And that is what this case needs. He's fighting for Michael. Yes, some are saying there are some points that still need to be brought up but let's see this all the way through. Also, he's not bad to look at either which doesn't hurt heh. Even my 78 year old mother adores him. He's like Jimmy Stewart in those old movies. The good guy.

I think he has done an amazing job up to now, just one or two points needed to clarify but we may still see that. He really was like an attack dog yesterday!

I think Walgren's cross of White was spot-on. It's clear he's going for the larger issue of "standard of care." In that, he pretty much destroyed White. White's responses were SO vile that he was admonished by the court, and there will be a fine for "contempt of court?"

Walgren has an advantage over the defense, in that he believes in his cause -- he's passionate about justice. (and I really can't imagine that "Flanaganorama" could possibly "believe in Murray?") Walgren has been thorough and well-prepared, and unlike White, has done his research. MAJOR points were scored in the discussion of White's payment for his testimony, when his counterpart -- Shafer -- is testifying for free. Walgren's primary tactic seemed to be to utterly discredit the witness, making any and all of White's testimony suspect. I'd say Walgren is doing a GREAT job, and any points not hammered home already can be covered in his summation statement.

I like him and he is doing the job he is supposed to do. I can't help but wonder what he thinks about Michael. He is very professional.

I have to agree with you all here. Walgren wiped the floor with the so called addiction doc, then went on to expose White's nonsense so unravelling the defence theory. He clearly wants to see Murray behind bars and loose his licence, he wants some kind of justice for Michael and if he doesn't get it, it sure wont be for the lack of effort.

The guy is brilliant. I am so glad to have him being the lead prosecution. He's the polar opposite of rude and otherwise dumpy Chernobyl. Walgren is sharp as a tack and very concise. Overall, regardless of the verdict, I commend his performance. He has been beyond excellent, and I am speechless at the great job BOTH Walgren and Ms. Deborah Brazil have done.

Do not forget her either. Even though she's not as prominent as Walgren in prosecuting, she's still contributed greatly to this case. Some of the witnesses have also shined and gone above and beyond the call of duty/what is expected of them, most notably Dr. Stephen Shafer. The fact that he appeared for free is even more noble. I like him a great deal.

I have to agree with all those who said that regardless of the outcome of this trial, Walgren's done an extraordinary job, I have to say I was very skeptical of him at first. Didn't even pay much attention to him, but he's shown to be the opposite of what I thought he'd be like. If Murray walks away it won't be because of the lack of effort prosecutors put into this case. Both Brazil and Walgren have done a great job, Walgren seems to be sincere in court. I appreciate it a lot. Like many said there's some points he needs to hammer down but all in all he's put his heart into this. Walgren's a cutie.

I think walgren has been brilliant. Of course it helps that his case has got the truth behind it. When your chief medical expert has to resort to saying that the standard of care isn't strictly necessary in a case when the previously healthy patient has died, you know the defence is defending the indefensible. So it;s the pros's case to lose i think, but they have conducted the case so clearly and professionally. All the expert witnesses that they chose have been great and made the complicated testimony as layman-friendly as possible -steinberg and shaffer. Contrast with the addiction doc - straight out of hollywood casting as the obnoxious jerk who alienates the jury.

Compared to flannigan and chernoff, walgren had a real energy about him when going through his directs and he was totally on top of all the exhibits, he didn't seem to lose his place hardly at all. And on crosses, he took absolutely no nonsense - i've shown friends his cross with waldman and they're all impressed.

I think he's been great. He's very easy to follow, and his commitment to the case is obvious.

I wonder if he's a fan of Michael's?

As far as I can see he's dedicated to the cause. In some parts when he was cross examining he was going in anger and going to fast. I remember judge was telling him to slow down and steam were coming out :) He seems to believe what he's arguing.

Also his personality is a plus. Although at some instances he was in attack mode he doesn't seem annoying or arrogant. He even attacks with grace. I also believe he had the advantage of some good experts. 3 doctors Steinberg, Kamangar and Shafer had been wonderful and all of them were highly likable.

I love the guy! Both him and Brazil have been brilliant, and I have a lot of respect for the both of them. Walgren's done a wonderful job on both direct and cross especially. Knows exactly what questions to ask, and is still polite towards the witnesses while he was cross-examining them, unlike a certain someone we know (Chernoff, cough cough!) From what I've seen throughout the trial, he seems like a genuine, likeable guy.

I think he's been great. He's very easy to follow, and his commitment to the case is obvious.

I wonder if he's a fan of Michael's?

I was also wondering if he's a fan of MJ...it would be nice if he was :p.

Anyway I think he's done a brilliant job, I particularly liked how he made that addiction doctor look like a fool, it was hilarious. :hysterical:

I am very grateful for him. I think he done exceptionally well.

Both he and Brazil have done a very good job. I like the way he examined white, aggressive but not in a rude way.
He knows what he's doing and you can tell he's very devoted to this case.

Back