Marlon Jackson is a twin and doing his thing.

Datsymay

Proud Member
Many fans of the Jacksons have referred to Marlon as the least talented one and we have also heard how he struggled to live up to younger brother Michael. Some have even said that he cannot sing. That is definately not true.
What we tend to forget is that Marlon, compared to Michael, was just a normal kid who was behaving like a normal 6 or 7 year old. That is pretty young for any age. But more crucial for marlon was that he was a twin.
Now I have had many experiences with twins. I have known a large number of them over the years. My experience is that in the main, they are usually slower than single children, That is understandable since they have had to share the womb among other things. Often times there is usually one twin that is dependent on the other, but mainly they are usually slower that the rest. So I think Marlon suffered from the Twin effect, unfortunately we have no way of knowing if he may have been the dependent twin. He did eventually come into his own though, and he is one of my favourite Jackson brothers. He also is very intelligent with that lovely trademark of a jackson smile.:D

Here he is doing his thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCqN3c5opKE

Last edited:
he was the second born. Michael is concidered his adopted twin and Michael is the independent one and Marlon is the dependent one.

he was the second born. Michael is concidered his adopted twin and Michael is the independent one and Marlon is the dependent one.

Are you sure he was the second born? If that is so, that that would probably have affected him deeply. Poor child. He grew up to be just too sweet though. I have always had a soft spot fot hat kid that nobody noticed in the J5.:)

Here is another one of him singing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L83X1UZ22iE&feature=related

No, Marlon's twin was still born (had died in the womb) his name was Brandon i think. The 'twin afftect' therefore cannot be applied to him as Marlon never grew up with his twin at all.

No, Marlon's twin was still born (had died in the womb) his name was Brandon i think. The 'twin afftect' therefore cannot be applied to him as Marlon never grew up with his twin at all.
That has nothing to do with growing up, it has everything to do with sharing the same egg and the same womb. This dependency can be found in babies, not just grown ups. It also affect growth, and mental development. Many twins need extra help in school to reach the same level as sinlge children. This has nothing to do with growing up together but has more to do with the trama of birth.:)

Last edited:
Thx for posting those clips. One thing I have to say about Marlon is that he's done a great job keeping his name out of the tabloids. You never hear about him in any scandals or anything which is of course a good thing because the Jackson family has enough of that. Anyway, I always thought Marlon was talented and was a great dancer and should get more credit, look how great he is in this clip with his brothers:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tICestGPPbs

I also thought he was good in The Jacksons video for "Body"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=P4DyuDvH5sE

Last edited:
marlone and Rebbie are the sage
Michael and janet are the talented
Jemaine and La toya are the speakerpersons in the family
Tito and Jakie are the camera shy type.
Randy is in the business .

Marlon twin brother was alive when he was born it lived for 10 mins. Katherine talked about it in her book .....sad...

Each member of the Jackson family are talented and have something to offer in their own special way.

My heart goes out to Katherine for dealing with the loss of her new-born child. My mother lost her son, he only lived for 4 days....she never healed from it. Losing a child is hard when they've lived a full life, yet loosing one that never even had the chance to live at all is probably just as hard. 'What might have been' is always something that plays on your mind.

Thx for posting those clips. One thing I have to say about Marlon is that he's done a great job keeping his name out of the tabloids. You never hear about him in any scandals or anything which is of course a good thing because the Jackson family has enough of that. Anyway, I always thought Marlon was talented and was a great dancer and should get more credit, look how great he is in this clip with his brothers:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tICestGPPbs

I also thought he was good in The Jacksons video for "Body"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=P4DyuDvH5sE

I also always had a weak spot for Marlon!
I think he was great and I believe he had a hard time too. As someone said,often in the J5 days, he was 'just there' and that's sad.
He's often forgotten by some fans (and by Motown actually).
I love those video you posted, Marlon may not dance like Michael but he definately was the 2nd best dancer of the bunch.
And in the body video, Marlon was the ONLY one that looked good shaking his ass :D

I never saw that interview, Marlon's got such a great smile!!!
And he was looking good!
He's a funny guy:clapping:

:)
is there anywhere on this board that helps with entering emoticons? I only know a few...

I love Marlon, next to Michael he is the most handsome of the Jackson brothers.
People say he doesn't have telent?!! WTF. Marlon is the sh*t, ya'll. I 'member reading Katherine's book and she said she always thought that Marlon was the best dancer-even better than Michael, but Michael was the harder worker and more dedicated to perfection.

Not talented, whoeveer said that needs to be slapped.

Nice insight,

I've always thought Marlon lonely, he grew up with part of him missing.

:cry: That's so sad, poor thing.

Marlon is a fantastic dancer. I think it so unfair how he doesn't get much attention. He was so little in the early J5 days but even then I think you could see he had a sweet soul and his performances radiated light.
That's so cute what Katherine said about him being the best dancer.

Marlon is my favourite Jackson brother, after Michael of course. :yes: He seems very sweet and genuine.

Marlon's speech at the memorial just broke my heart. It's obvious that even at 52 he still feels the loss of his twin acutely.
It must be so painful and lonely for him. :(

Many fans of the Jacksons have referred to Marlon as the least talented one and we have also heard how he struggled to live up to younger brother Michael. Some have even said that he cannot sing. That is definately not true.
What we tend to forget is that Marlon, compared to Michael, was just a normal kid who was behaving like a normal 6 or 7 year old. That is pretty young for any age. But more crucial for marlon was that he was a twin.
Now I have had many experiences with twins. I have known a large number of them over the years. My experience is that in the main, they are usually slower than single children, That is understandable since they have had to share the womb among other things. Often times there is usually one twin that is dependent on the other, but mainly they are usually slower that the rest. So I think Marlon suffered from the Twin effect, unfortunately we have no way of knowing if he may have been the dependent twin. He did eventually come into his own though, and he is one of my favourite Jackson brothers. He also is very intelligent with that lovely trademark of a jackson smile.:D

Here he is doing his thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCqN3c5opKE
i kind of topic
do you say that marlon is michael's twin brother?( born on the same day)
that is sweatest thing i read on here
that is not a bad romour about michael
i already so much about michael's life and after michael died i find out new/interstings things i did not know ?

i kind of topic
do you say that marlon is michael's twin brother?( born on the same day)
that is sweatest thing i read on here
that is not a bad romour about michael
i already so much about michael's life and after michael died i find out new/interstings things i did not know ?
Michael isn't Marlon's twin, Brandon is. But I think the OP meant that Michael was a substitute twin for Marlon.

Back