Rihanna.....

PopPrince89

Proud Member
What do you guys make of Rihanna right now??? she seems to be the "it" girl today (in the absence of Beyonce lol) and everybodys goin goo goo over the Barbados singer.

Im a fan. I love her songs. But i think shes overexposed and overrated. I dont think shes the greatest singer yet alone performer. I think its her hit songs (of which she doesnt write) and her frequent new hair cuts that keep her spotlight glowing. So i guess im a fan of these things then when it comes down to it lol

Does it seem like Rihanna and Chris Brown are watered down, teeny bop and wannabe versions of Beyonce and Usher in the industry today?? because at one point when Bey was at the top of her game (and still is) so was Usher (still is slightly slippin off tho) and Chris & RiRi seem to slightly remind me of those days....but theyll NEVER amount to being on Beyonce and Ushers level no matter how hyped up they might get

I'm not really in to Rihanna's music, but as solo acts I think she's better then the overrated Beyonce (she was brilliant when she was in Destiny's Child) who totally rips off Tina Tuner's act.

I can't see the difference in Chris Brown and Usher, they are both bland and boring.

I'll admit that Rihanna is not the best singer or dancer around, but at least her voice is distinctive and she's made some very catchy songs and has her own style that really works for her. She also takes risks with some of her songs, a lot of r&b singers wouldn't sing a song like "Shut Up & Drive" because of the rock element in it, but I think it's cool that Rihanna is not afraid to take chances. Now whether or not she has longevity remains to be seen because I don't she's really the one in control of her career as she doesn't write her music among other things, but she's still very young and has time to develop as an artist so we'll see what happens in the future. For now though, I'm just gonna continue to enjoy her music.

Last edited:
I'll admit that Rihanna is not the best singer or dancer around, but at least her voice is distinctive and she's made some very catchy songs and has her own style that really works for her. She also takes risks with some of her songs, a lot of r&b singers wouldn't sing a song like "Shut Up & Drive" because of the rock element in it, but I think it's cool that Rihanna is not afraid to take chances. Now whether or not she has longevity remains to be seen because I don't she's really the one in control of her career as she doesn't write her music among other things, but she's still very young and has time to develop as an artist so we'll see what happens in the future. For now though, I'm just gonna continue to enjoy her music.

I Agree With You

I'm not huge on today's popular radio music, but of the ones that are out there, Rihanna is one of the better ones. Her voice is pretty damn good in my book... I love her duet with Maroon 5 and the acoustic version of Umbrella. She has pipes.

I love Rihanna!!! I saw her concert from Manchester and is amazing. Ella ella eh eh!

Rihanna is blah to me. I like her songs, but I am not a fan of hers that much as I used to. Anyway, I do not think I was ever of fan of hers, just a fan of some of her songs. I do think she is very overrated and over exposed. I think she is a terrible singer and sounds like a lamb or sheep. (No offense to anyone that likes her). She also has no stage presence. I saw her on the "Today" show and I wanted to change the channel. She was just terrible.

Oh, I LOVE Rihanna.

Her songs are damn catchy, and she never falters with her voice.

She's a talent, no doubt.

She......I.......I shouldnt insult her, but then again......but.....but...........I'll be nice

hmmmmmmm She CANNOT SING and apparently she is a boring performer from what I've seen I agree but I havent seen that much or anything recent. Shes good because shes got her own style but her music will be forgotten quickly imo.

oh how i adore rhi rhi! shes the it girl becuz she makes great music...beys absense has nothin 2do with it lol. even b4 bey went on "hiatus" rhi rhi was still the main focus and many magazines and other media outlets said rhianna was\is givin bey a run 4 her money and will surely surpass her lol. rhi has made billboard history jumpin 4rm 74 sraight to number1 and gggb is rhis best album. so no rhi not overrated or watered down...chris on the other hand........

I think she´s a Talent but i think it too what you said

rihanna is a commercial singer

I agree..although I am a fan, I must say you're right

I think she just got lucky that Mary J. Blige, Akon and Britney Spears rejected "Umbrella" and it went to her cuz she was next on the waiting list. I think, again, its the hits songs that make her so highly favored. I think a legit artist makes the song rather than the song making the artist. 'Umbrella' pretty much made Rihanna what she is today which opened the door for other hits. I have a feeling that if her hits were given to other artists they'd still be hits regardless. Her voice is unique but I don't think it holds on its own the way Mariah or Whitneys does or even Beyoncé's or Aaliyah's..they have a certain X factor about they're voices. Her voice, I think, can get boring at times.

Until RiRi writes a song that lives up to all her other hit songs written by others, then she'll just be a commercial act with a pretty face and flawless sense of fashion and style.

As a Barbadian, I am very proud of Rihanna and what she has achieved. Some of her songs I like, others I can do without hearing ever again.

I think she is great at what she does - singing hit songs and looking great.

Some of her songs I like, others I can do without hearing ever again.

I think she is great at what she does - singing hit songs and looking great.

Pretty sum up what I think about her too :lol: So far I've seen more ppl bashing her voice than giving her credit but I actually quite like her voice:ph34r:

I love rihanna I thinks she's great. And this is coming from somebody who does like her but I do not think she has the best live voice, but she does have a great voice nonetheless (not as good as michael though hehe!) I am a fan of beyonce and rihanna, but I do prefer rihannna, there just something about her.

Ps. She is incredibly beautiful.

I kinda like her. :)
Well, not her. I don't know anything about her actually. :mellow:

But I like her songs. They're catchy. :)

11/26/2018 by Evan Real Hollywood Reporter
Rihanna-y-Gambino.jpg

The actor shared footage of the collaboration during his PHAROS Festival in New Zealand over the weekend.

Donald Glover over the weekend treated attendees of his PHAROS Festival in New Zealand to a first look at his secret project with Rihanna. The first footage of the mysterious project — titled Guava Island — debuted at the event and quickly circulated on social media.

The teaser shows Glover singing and strumming a guitar while his apparent love interest (played by Rihanna) quietly enters the room to watch him play. Later, things take a turn as Glover's character runs around a city, performs in other places and then ends up being taken hostage.

Glover says in the clip, "We live in paradise but none of us actually have the time or the means to live here."

Guava Island is directed by Hiro Murai — who also helmed Glover's politically charged music video for "This Is America," which he released under his musical moniker, Childish Gambino — and was reportedly shot in Cuba. Labeled a "Childish Gambino Production" in the preview, Guava Island also stars Nonso Anozie and Black Panther breakout star Letitia Wright.

In a recent cover story interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Wright suggested that details surrounding Guava Island will remain shrouded in mystery until its official premiere. "I can't tell you anything," the actress said with a smile. "I don’t even know ... what is Guava Island? I have no clue. I don’t know anything. I don't even know where they got my name from!"

It was first reported in August that Glover and Rihanna were filming something together when images from their Guava Island shoot leaked online. Since then, neither artist has posted anything about the project on their respective social media channels.
Watch social media footage of the Guava Island teaser here.

<time class="content-header__publish-date content-header__title-block-publish-date">by Janelle Okwodu • December 2, 2019 • Vogue</time>
00-rihanna-janet-together2.jpg

When Rihanna and Janet Jackson come together, the results are bound to be spectacular, and tonight at the Fashion Awards in London, the two divas shared the stage for the first time. No, they weren’t there to announce an internet-breaking pop collaboration—though fingers crossed, that is coming—instead, Jackson presented the bad gal with the Urban Luxe award for her contributions to sportswear.

The prize, which went to Off-White’s Virgil Abloh last year, was created by the British Fashion Council to honor contemporary labels that elevate the concept of casual, in this case Fenty, Rihanna’s LVMH-backed fashion house. In five short months it has established itself as a force to be reckoned with, thanks to sold-out drops and red carpet appearances on celebrities such as Bella Hadid and Cardi B. Her own best spokesperson and fit model, Rihanna has made headlines for wearing her creations and the jaw-dropping outfit she chose this evening was no exception. The mint green Fenty minidress with its transparent jacket was precisely the kind of style we’ve come to expect from the musician turned fashion and beauty mogul. Likewise, Jackson’s black fur and matching hat was a striking take on the dramatic look she’s cultivated for years.

Jackson's presence at the awards had special significance. As a fashion innovator and chart-topping artist who unapologetically challenged ideas about what a pop star could do, she paved the way for the current generation of stars—something, Rihanna has repeatedly acknowledged. “Janet Jackson, Destiny’s Child, Whitney Houston—they were the people who motivated me to do this, who I idolized and looked up to, and said I want to be like them,” she told MTV in 2010. “That started the dream, and it just went from there, and became a reality.” Rihanna's Urban Luxe award win brings things full circle.
Rihanna-and-Janet-Jackson-london-dec-2-2019-billboard-1548.jpg

Re: Rihanna Receives Her First Fashion Award for Fenty From Janet Jackson

rihanna-janet.jpg

Rihanna Confirmed For 2023 Super Bowl Halftime Show
by Thania Garcia | September 25, 2022 | Variety
Rihanna-Savage-X-Fenty-Volume-2-03.jpg

Rihanna has slyly affirmed that she will be performing at the Super Bowl LVII Halftime Show in Feb. 2023. Roc Nation also officially confirmed the singer’s participation through a statement released on Sunday.

The singer shared a picture of an NFL-branded football on her Instagram. The post came amid reports that the singer was “in talks” to headline the next Halftime Show.

The game, which typically draws one of the biggest single TV audiences of the year, is scheduled to be played at the State Farm Stadium in Glendale, Ariz. on Feb. 12.

“Rihanna is a generational talent, a woman of humble beginnings who has surpassed expectations at every turn,” said Jay-Z in the official announcement. “A person born on the small island of Barbados who became one of the most prominent artists ever. Self-made in business and entertainment.”

Although having Rihanna as a Halftime headliner is a logical conclusion on the Roc Nation front, the singer has not released an album since 2016. She has commented vaguely about two different albums in the years since (and been photographed coming in and out of recording studios), with one being described as a dancehall album. However, details remain scarce.

Regardless, the announcement was enough to rile up fans of the R&B singer, who hope her primetime appearance means a new album is finally on the way. Rihanna was also offered to headline the 2019 Halftime show but turned down the offer in a decision to show solidarity with Colin Kaepernick.

“We are thrilled to welcome Rihanna to the Apple Music Super Bowl Halftime Show stage. Rihanna is a once-in-a-generation artist who has been a cultural force throughout her career,” Seth Dudowsky, NFL’s head of music, said in a statement. “We look forward to collaborating with Rihanna, Roc Nation and Apple Music to bring fans another historic Halftime Show performance.”

The Apple Music Super Bowl Halftime Show will be telecast and produced by DPS. Roc Nation and Jesse Collins serve as executive producers and Hamish Hamilton serves as director. Roc Nation is also serving as the strategic entertainment advisors of the live performance.

“Rihanna is an incredible recording artist who is a favorite for many millions of Apple Music customers around the world,” said Oliver Schusser, Apple’s vice president of Apple Music and Beats. “We’re excited to partner with Rihanna, Roc Nation and the NFL to bring music and sports fans a momentous show — what an incredible artist for the inaugural Apple Music Super Bowl Halftime Show.”

This is the first year that Apple Music will serve as a sponsor for the halftime show, replacing the NFL’s longtime partner Pepsi. The NFL announced the move last week at midnight, which had fans hypothesizing that Taylor Swift would be a potential headliner due to Swift’s connection to the hour (Her forthcoming album is called “Midnights”). That was later disproved by sources close to Swift, who spoke to both People and TMZ and alleged that, although she had been approached by the NFL in the past, the pop phenom had turned down the offer.

In May, Pepsi officially renounced its title as a halftime show sponsor, choosing to walk away from a decade-long association that transformed the event from a lineup of primarily rock musicians like Bruce Springsteen and Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers in favor of a new group of artists aiming at the younger generations that advertisers and the NFL seek to court. The NFL was said to be seeking significantly higher annual payments for the sponsorship rights. According to a press release issued by the league, the contract with the software company is a multi-year deal.

Apple has in recent months shown a greater interest in sports. Its streaming platform has started new deals with Major League Baseball and Major League Soccer to show games to subscribers. Sports rights have long been the province of traditional media companies like Fox, Disney, Paramount Global and NBCUniversal, but technology companies like Apple and Amazon have made a bigger play for those rights as they seek to bring in consumers to their broadband subscription-video services. Amazon, for its part, is now a major NFL partner thanks to its control of rights to “Thursday Night Football.”

Earlier this year, the Super Bowl LVI Halftime Show assembled a star-studded crew of artists including Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Eminem, Mary J. Blige and Kendrick Lamar. The performance achieved five Creative Arts Emmy nominations and won three Creative Arts Emmys, including outstanding live variety special — a first-ever for the Halftime show.

Past Super Bowl Halftime Show performances include the Weeknd, Jennifer Lopez, Shakira, Justin Timberlake, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Bruno Mars, Prince, Madonna and more.

Apple Music will be offering sneak peeks of its Halftime ideas via its social handle on TikTok, Instagram and Twitter.

Back