Latoya Defends Madonna

Travis

Proud Member
I wasn't sure where to put this topic so mods please feel free to move it wherever is more appropriate. Someone may have already posted this but I wanted to share it just in case it hasn't been.

Way to go Latoya:clapping: and shame on you Joy! :smilerolleyes:
The View:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V766PrwKjS4

Oh how awesome!! Thanx for posting. Madonna was simply stunning. I didn't know she would be speaking.

I honestly saw nothing wrong with Madonna's speech, it was very touching. I love what LaToya said. I guess Joy thought LaToya and the Jackson family disliked Madonna's speech.
ETA: Madonna looked so pretty and young on the stage.

Self-absorbed? Bullshit. Some people always have to find a way to piss all over a positive, heartfelt moment. All just to take the attention away from the bold (but painfully TRUE) statements Madonna made about MJ's final years.

Self-absorbed? Bullshit. Some people always have to find a way to piss all over a positive, heartfelt moment. All just to take the attention away from the bold (but painfully TRUE) statements Madonna made about MJ's final years.

EXACTLY. Madonna told the truth about the media and people in general turning their backs on the King. Truth hurts.

Who Madonna? Hell naw she wasn't nice. Madonna talked mo shit about Mike! Her speech was FAKE imo. Not trying to step on anyone's toes, but Madonna is full of it. When Mike needed her she turned her back, so really she was only talkin about herself

Because of what has happened to Michael we tend to be very sensitive when it comes to who might have said what about him at this or that point in time. There's a danger of us make mountains out of molehills when it comes to Madonna's past comments. I for one loved her speech and I'm sure it was heartfeld.

The speech was self-centered in that it was as much about her as about Michael, but it was also honest and sincere. She wasn't his best friend in the whole wide world and she didn't try to claim otherwise. Instead she pointed out the many things they had in common. It was a nice speech, made me tear up.

She was showing the similarities and how much they had in common. You can't hold things from the past against someone. People say things all the time and then grow to respect the person. There was alot of controversy around Michael and alot of people formed opinions just as they do about her.

what the heck is all the fuss about. some one please tell me. I watched Madonnas speech and I think it was awesome. what did she do so wrong?

what the heck is all the fuss about. some one please tell me. I watched Madonnas speech and I think it was awesome. what did she do so wrong?

Nothing! She told the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
She did a great job
mx24.gif

she was one of the people who abandoned him in a way, she admitted it herself
the weird thing about her speeches though is that uses them in key moments, spot on, I remember when Princess Diana died she made another speech for MTV trying to "send a message" yet again, but I remember in her earlier interviews she was unhappy when she was told she's not the most famous woman in the world but Princess Diana is, Madonna and her ego didn't like that...I used to be a fan of hers that's how I know all these things
I think she genuinely feels sorry about MJ's death, but her attitude is no different than that of the general public, she only remembered to appreciate him when he died so I don't see what makes it special
I don't see anybody applauding us his fans who stood by him through thick and thin, I guess we're just a bunch of nobodies who loved him unconditionally and didn't expect anything from him other than his music and his love

never had an issue with Madonna but her speech was awesome. respect. :yes:

it's called hypocrisy. what this did was allowed her to show to jackson fans that she's 'nice', she's showing teh world that she's 'compassionate' and she's semi-working w/ janet someone she can't stand, so she's mature and able to move past things.

all in all, it did wonders for her

Madonna's speech was beautiful, it was honest, pure and straight for her heart. Madonna said she abandoned Michael and saying that took guts and shows how truely upset she is over Michael's passing. Other people like Brooke Sheilds who were far closer to Michael than Madonna abandoned Michael and distance themselves from him in the media. Yet they speak like their friendship never ended, when it did. The likes of Quincy Jones say's Michael was his little brother, yet he abandoned Michael and has backstabbed him in the media both in life in recent years, and now in his passing.

Madonna probley feels guilty for abandoning Michael, so will Brook Sheilds and even Lisa Marie Presley who ment more to Michael than any other women in his life. But I really have a lot of respect for Madonna giving that beautiful speech and the other things she's said recently about Michael. I really respect her for it.

She was showing the similarities and how much they had in common. You can't hold things from the past against someone. People say things all the time and then grow to respect the person. There was alot of controversy around Michael and alot of people formed opinions just as they do about her.

Thats what I took from it also, I think she said it in such a way to justify her position to speak about him. Madonna may have seemed an odd choice to many to speak about Michael because they, as she herself said, werent friends as such.

Im glad she said what she said and is openly admitting to her feelings of how she feels she let him down. Which is more than some others have done who played a bigger part in his life than Madonna ever did.

I do think she turned her back on michael for a while, but i think her speech was great, so true!
Im glad Latoya stuck up for her!

People obviously don't know much about Madonna and her ways :lol:
Latoya is an airhead so I'm not surprised that she would defend her.

I have never been a fan of Madonna I do enjoy a couple of her songs but usually that is it. I did think her speech was nice and accurate about herself and a lot of people in the industry. They did turn their backs on Michael a lot of them did and I bet they are feeling very guilty about it now. They know they hurt him and their actions helped contribute to Michaels heartbreak. Those people who hurt him had to be told and if they feel guilty than I am glad.

This however does not change my opinion of those people but I do feel it had to be said and I am glad she said it.

Julia

People obviously don't know much about Madonna and her ways :lol:
Latoya is an airhead so I'm not surprised that she would defend her.

Always spreading your hate... :smilerolleyes:

WE GET IT. MOVE ON.

Madonna never said she was best friends and admitted to it and said so herself that she abandoned him. That many did. What she said was true, from the heart, and took guts. That is why she is getting **** for it. The media don't like being called out on their ish (the witch hunt).

If Mike were still alive, do you honestly think she would have said 2 words about Michael? Hell NO! She knew what she did and said about him was dirty as hell. She tried to compare herself to him! LOL, she's a talentless joke. That's like Sneddon going on the BET awards saying he is sorry he turned his back on Mike..WTF. They were not friends and her ass knows why. So funny how all these "fans" are coming to the surface now that Michael has passed on. Where the hell where they when he really needed them? Pointing fingers and talkin shit! So, Madonna can save her weak ass empty ass words. She never gave a damn about Mike and she never will. You guys talk shit about his family, yet worship her like she's all high and mighty...wtf ever

Always spreading your hate... :smilerolleyes:

WE GET IT. MOVE ON.

Madonna never said she was best friends and admitted to it and said so herself that she abandoned him. That many did. What she said was true, from the heart, and took guts. That is why she is getting **** for it. The media don't like being called out on their ish (the witch hunt).

The truth = hate to you! :lol:

If Mike were still alive, do you honestly think she would have said 2 words about Michael? Hell NO! She knew what she did and said about him was dirty as hell. She tried to compare herself to him! LOL, she's a talentless joke. That's like Sneddon going on the BET awards saying he is sorry he turned his back on Mike..WTF. They were not friends and her ass knows why. So funny how all these "fans" are coming to the surface now that Michael has passed on. Where the hell where they when he really needed them? Pointing fingers and talkin shit! So, Madonna can save her weak ass empty ass words. She never gave a damn about Mike and she never will. You guys talk shit about his family, yet worship her like she's all high and mighty...wtf ever

ZOMG!! I love you!! :clapping:

She talked slick about Janet too!

Back