Teddy Talk Only

Re: Teddy Riley explains why MJ sounds different on some of the tracks

thanks. good article!

"With the Melodyne we actually move the stuff up which is the reason why some of the vibrato sounds a little off or processed, over-processed. We truly apologize for that happening."

Laughable. And sad at the same time. People now being free to mess with any Michael song they want, now that he's not here. Why did they release those unfinished tracks in the first place? Wouldn't "DYKWYCA", "Slave To The Rhythm" and some others be better, since they're finished? Right, because they weren't collaborated on by the Cascios, Michael's "Best Friends", so anything goes. How come "Hollywood Tonight", who's 100 percent Michael in the solo vocals, is 100% overdone and overload and whatever still? He sings all through the song and his vocals were murdered, simply crapped on....

Pathetic excuses. "Michael", interestingly named that way, severed the fanbase and created endless conflicts... The easiness with which many buy into so much of this is alarming, so anything could be said really...

Last edited:

Excuses excuses.

Man thanks for this!!

I hoped so much to get such a statement :)

THX!!

this should be STICKY!!
post it in every forum!!

That's how it is but it's just sad it looks like they weren't able at all to process his vocals the best way they could have. I wonder were they hurried or something like that because they should be professional.

I think what he actually means is they used melodyne to process the imposter's vocals to try to get them to sound as close to the real Mj as possible.

So basically they are saying they did such a crappy production job on the three Cascio songs, and that's why it sounds nothing like Michael?

Ok....

So basically they are saying they did such a crappy production job on the three Cascio songs, and that's why it sounds nothing like Michael?

Ok....

I think what he actually means is they used melodyne to process the imposter's vocals to try to get them to sound as close to the real Mj as possible.

Amazing, isn't it?...

I've never doubted the authenticity of the vocals.

But I don't understand why they messed them around.

Why are some people acting like they are surprise that MJ does not sound the same. Remember the song "2000 watts". that was Michael but he sounded totally different. that is why I am not surprise if the songs does not sound like MJ but they are him.

this has got to be the dumbest thing ive read all day lol

Thanks for posting.

I use Melodyne all the time and just moving notes up and down doesn't change the vibrato.

Thank you:yes: It's great news for us to be certain that's it's him:yes::yes::D

Ok you guys get handed MJ music that has bad sound to it.. you have 2 choices to leave as is and release it with poor sound which could not sell as a lagitimate album piece or try to make the sound as clear as possible..

Its 100% understandable.. and to be honest after looking at the studio that the Cascios have on Oprah I can tell you I could see why there had to be alot of work.. It definatly seems like michael would only record demos there.. the recording booth did not have any sound breakers at all.. that is NEEDED in a recording booth to block outside noises and for the microphone to get the clearest sound possible of the vocals..

I remember when we heard a new MJ album was coming this year, everyone wanted Teddy working on it and now all you do is talk shit about him, with no facts or evidence that he has done anything wrong. It's disgusting behaviour.

Interesting. Thanks.

Why did the cascio tracks have to be included on the new album in the first place? Did the people who were putting this album together think that the cascio tracks were just so amazing that they had to be included?

That's the main question i think. Why did people insist on using the cascio tracks so much?

Of course their his vocals, I wish the drama sheep would just accept the truth and enjoy the music. The authenticity of his vocals need never be discussed because simply put, they are MJ's. Move on!

Ok....

Isn't it ironic? Here, we have a producer apologizes for messing too much with the record. And, he keeps saying Michael would have approved this? How? Michael's albums are known for top-notch production.

The more Teddy gives explanations, the more it sounds like damage control.

I remember when we heard a new MJ album was coming this year, everyone wanted Teddy working on it and now all you do is talk shit about him, with no facts or evidence that he has done anything wrong. It's disgusting behaviour.

It's not as if Teddy Riley's been an angel.

Have you not read his comments about Taryll Jackson and Quincy Jones (two people Michael loved dearly)??

Ok you guys get handed MJ music that has bad sound to it.. you have 2 choices to leave as is and release it with poor sound which could not sell as a lagitimate album piece or try to make the sound as clear as possible..

QUOTE]

Actually, there is one more choice. They could let the demos with bad sound stay in the vault.

Teddy could clear this up very easily by letting us hear the unprocessed vocals. This would clear up a lot of the cynicism.

It's not as if Teddy Riley's been an angel.

Have you not read his comments about Taryll Jackson and Quincy Jones (two people Michael loved dearly)??
Yes, I have. Have you not read his new blog post?
Anyway, I think he has every right to be angry. He doesn't deserve all the hate that MJ's fans are giving him, based on nothing but hearsay and biased opinion.

Teddy could clear this up very easily by letting us hear the unprocessed vocals. This would clear up a lot of the cynicism.

I agree.

Thanks for the info Teddy! I already knew these songs were real.

And to answer some questions here, the Cascio songs were included because they are good. Very good. The singing style in Hollywood Tonight is the same as the 3 Cascio tracks and no one thinks it is fake because it isn't a Cascio song.

And to answer some questions here, the Cascio songs were included because they are good. Very good.

Yes, Breaking News made me cry with joy.

I use Melodyne all the time and just moving notes up and down doesn't change the vibrato.

you can change the vibrato with melodyne, it has nothing to do with moving notes up and down but it can be done, look for a tutorial in youtube.

Back