L.J

Proud Member
Heeeeey Kiddies!!! :hiya:

Here's hoping you all have a lovely week :flowers:

Michael Jackson News:

News is still focused on the dropped case

Michael Jackson Mentionings:

ZZ Top and Brooks and Dunn to Headline the Illinois State Fair

Weird Al Yankovic, the king of pop-music parodies, will perform Saturday, Aug. 9. Yankovic has won two Grammy's for his work, one for "Eat It," a parody of Michael Jackson's smash hit "Beat It," and another for his 2003 "Poodle Hat" album.

Link

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mariah Carey: E=MC²

pixel.gif

These particular highlights are just further proof of the perfect chemistry that these two continue to share. "I'm That Chick," which was the original title of this CD, samples Michael Jackson's classic "Off The Wall," and was also produced by the aforementioned Stargate. In addition, the melodic "I'll Be Lovin' U Long Time," rips Debarge's "Stay with Me," and borrows its riff from TV's "Hill Street Blues'" theme music.

Link

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]The Canadian King of R&B, S.Davis to unveil the new video for his hot single "JOURNEY" as well as celebrate his birthday party in Toronto, Canada.[/FONT]

HIPHOSSIP, Canada's leading hip-hop and R&B blog was granted all access to cover the making of the video and segments of the "Making of Journey" will be released this week on www.hiphossip.com. Davis told HIPHOSSIP he grew up admiring the vocal styling of Luther Vandross, Michael Jackson, Usher, R.Kelly and Patti Labelle.

Link

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dancers' hard work on display at packed Weinberg
Originally published May 05, 2008

Arms, legs and eyes usually play vital roles in keeping one's balance, staying in step with the rest of the group and avoiding unintended contact with a fellow dancer.
But in dancing to Michael Jackson's song "Morphine," five dancers from the Urbana Dance Studio performed at least half the dance with their arms constricted by straitjackets.
Without arms -- or at least with arms tied tightly across their chests -- the young dancers were the image of grace and athleticism as they moved to the music. Halfway through the song, the restraints came off and so too were their talents untethered. The group burst with enthusiasm, agility and skill, and they were rewarded with vigorous applause.

Full article here

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Staging a revolution
Lititz-based Tait Towers reinvents the world of touring megashows

Partnered with next-door neighbors Clair Brothers, which delivers sound systems, and Atomic Design, where artists design and build massive fabric stage elements, Tait offers A-list acts "out of the box" stages that are easily assembled, disassembled and transported around the world.
Fairorth and Tait vice president Adam D. Davis took over the company, along with its client list — which includes Bruce Springsteen, the Rolling Stones, the Police, Eric Clapton, Michael Jackson, U2, Alicia Keys, Elton John, Paul McCartney, Aerosmith, Tim McGraw and Faith Hill, Martina McBride and the Red Hot Chili Peppers — two years ago.

Link

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

POP(ular)

The Maypole was danced to a variety of music, inspired by Michael Jackson. The popular flashlight dance included blacklight effects and was set to "Give Me More." "Shut Up and Drive" was the music provided for the traditional tumbling routine. Teachers told the senior girls what they "Wanna Be" and dressed the part of the Spice Girls.

Article here

Michael Jackson HIStory:

1984 - "Weird Al" Yankovic's single "Eat It" hit #36 in the U.K.

1988 - Michael Jackson became the first non-Soviet to be featured while advertising a product on Russian television.

1992 - The Michael Jackson and Paul McCartney single "Say Say Say" was certified platinum by the RIAA.

MJJC News and Tips:

Might I suggest checking out the main page? :D

We drop all the MJ news there :cheeky:

Figured out our blogging function yet?.... be sure to check that out soon because we might run a blog competition after our MJ album design competition closes.

Have you designed your dream cover for MJ's next album? If you plan on doing so give it a go :D we're excepting all forms, if you want to make one with a blackboard and chalk go for it :wild:

MJJC Member birthdays:

:birthday:

Today:
birthday_small.gif
theshipper (57),
birthday_small.gif
shoutloud (32),
birthday_small.gif
Beleuza Brazil (29),
birthday_small.gif
franckyfresh (26),
birthday_small.gif
kopmjwhiteglove (23),
birthday_small.gif
Renard (23),
birthday_small.gif
LoveMichael (20),
birthday_small.gif
Rookshire (20),
birthday_small.gif
Maryn (20)

Tuesday 6th: Baldo (34),
birthday_small.gif
VertigoMJ (30),
birthday_small.gif
angelofinnocence (29), MJsSpecialFan (28),
birthday_small.gif
janetjackson23 (25),
birthday_small.gif
paisleyCUTtop (21), Nayru (21),
birthday_small.gif
MJlover* (19),
birthday_small.gif
hugsmichael (19),
birthday_small.gif
Hannah (18),
birthday_small.gif
mjjfans4life (18)

Wednesday 7th:
birthday_small.gif
kes1984 (24)
birthday_small.gif
tu_michael1985 (23)

Thursday 8th:
birthday_small.gif
startsome (25)
birthday_small.gif
dancinmjjjfan (20)
birthday_small.gif
ToMassey_MJfan (20)
birthday_small.gif
merouanbal (18)

Friday 9th:
birthday_small.gif
who_is_it (33),
birthday_small.gif
intheclosetgrrrl (28),
birthday_small.gif
vanilla (27), taimeka16 (20),
birthday_small.gif
My_HeartBreaker (20)

Saturday 10th:
birthday_small.gif
michaeljack (26)
birthday_small.gif
Simon (22)
birthday_small.gif
TehNilz (22)

Sunday 11th:
birthday_small.gif
meyoqu (43),
birthday_small.gif
vanessajconroy (33), LittleDevil (32), mjrudeye (30),
birthday_small.gif
Stranger in Denmark (28),
birthday_small.gif
x_GoldenCherry_x (28), HiEnergyLighT (25),
birthday_small.gif
The_Welsh_MJ (23)

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2008/05/05/2008-05-05_brett_ratner_goes_out_on_a_limb_in_nyc.html

One guy Ratner probably won't be working with is Michael Jackson: "I think he's still mad at me because I wouldn't testify at his [child molestation] trial."
Well, if he really said tht, then shame on him for not wanting to defend MJ. Their friendship couldn't have worth that much. In that case, MJ would be right to drop him as a friend and not call him to work with him again. I recon MJ found out who his real friends were during the trial.

I think it is just gossip...
Ratner has always had nice words for MJ and so MJ for him. And during the trial he was defending mj anyway he could, but since people were forced to testify if MJ wanted to or it was necessary, Ratner would have had to testify.
Just stupid gossip, I remember 1 or 2 years ago he wanted mj in one of his movies but MJ said no. Don't know if it is true.

Exactly! if Brett Ratner was called to testify, he would've had to. When a subpoeana is issued, the party called to testify has no choice

Exactly! if Brett Ratner was called to testify, he would've had to. When a subpoeana is issued, the party called to testify has no choice
That depends on what they are called for. If MJ wanted him as a character witness, then it would be silly to force him cause he might say things you don't want to know. Many of mj's character witness were never called. I think the DA opposed them, however, if MJ did ask him and he said 'NO', that would have been devastating to MJ being that they were friends.

That little Brett Ratner "blurb" comes directly from RUSH & MOLLOY (the gossip section of the New York Daily News).

If you all recall, the last time something regarding Brett Ratner was posted on this board, he was talking about "MJ being his BEST friend." As far as I know, Brett has ALWAYS defended MJ.

If T-Mez needed someone to testify, that person would have HAD to testify.

Anyway, the column is talking about Brett Ratner's new projects, and his filming in New York, how they got to asking him about MJ is funny. I mean, no matter WHO they talk to, if that person knows Michael Jackson, they will be asked about Michael Jackson. I just think it's funny, how these folks can't stop "inquiring" about MJ. LOL!

That little Brett Ratner "blurb" comes directly from RUSH & MOLLOY (the gossip section of the New York Daily News).

If you all recall, the last time something regarding Brett Ratner was posted on this board, he was talking about "MJ being his BEST friend." As far as I know, Brett has ALWAYS defended MJ.

Anyway, the column is talking about Brett Ratner's new projects, and his filming in New York, how they got to asking him about MJ is funny. I mean, no matter WHO they talk to, if that person knows Michael Jackson, they will be asked about Michael Jackson. I just think it's funny, how these folks can't stop "inquiring" about MJ. LOL!
MJ had a list of character witness waiting in the wings but the DA objected to them Many were celebs like Liz Taylor. Coulkin, was not planning to testify, MJ wanted him to stay out of it, but he was drawn in because the DA brought him into it. T-Mez, therefore could summon him to come to court to defend himself and MJ. However, had he been asked to be a character witness, he could have said no. If T-Mez approached Brett, and he said no, TMez, could have never forced him to do that. That would have been counter-productive. He could have gone up there and lied against MJ. So If Brett was asked and said no, he could not have been forced, but MJ would have been devastated, cause he spent lots of time in his company.

Last edited:
Yeah but there was also a rumour that ratner was friends with shaffell.

there was a lot of dodgy stuff going on at that time

Last edited:
yeah thats what i remember too, if he didn't have anything to hide he would have defended mj.

Its all about money

Thanks for the news, happy birthday to everyone having a birthday this week. :flowers:

some Sony/ATV news
Urgent! One Flew South, the new incredible band to discover if you like Eagles, Poco & CSN&Y!!!

coverofs.jpg

"With beautiful echoes of the great harmony groups like Poco, Eagles, even The Beach Boys; One Flew South are the new kids in town."JD Souther

They're called One Flew South, but Royal Reed, Chris Roberts and Eddie Bush, whose debut album is aptly titled Last of the Good Guys, actually had to fly north to launch their career.

The Nashville-based trio's vocal sound fit in perfectly with the progressive thinkers at Decca/Universal Records, in whose New York offices they auditioned. The result was instant signing—both to a recording contract and song publishing deal with Sony/ATV Music Publishing.

But One Flew South is no overnight success. Rather, the three vocalist-songwriters have been involved in show business for years prior to hitting upon a perfect combination--and actualizing a long-held notion of a band starring three superbly matched vocalists.

Chris Roberts was the first future member of the threesome to test the concept. The New Orleans native, who had moved to New York by way of Montana (he met Royal in New York where both had gravitated in pursuit of a music career), ended up in Nashville, where he was encouraged by legendary country music singer-songwriter Larry Gatlin--who had his own stellar career singing lead in a trio with his brothers.

"We started talking about doing a vocal trio," said Chris. "I hadn't heard anything like that since Crosby, Stills & Nash."

Hailing from El Paso, Royal Reed came from a musical family and played in a top circuit country/western band. After working as a studio and demo singer in Los Angeles, he wended his way to New York.

"We batted around the idea for a trio but never found a third person we liked," Royal recalls. So he returned to Los Angeles, and Chris to Nashville, But Royal eventually headed to the Music City, too, when a friend enlisted him to play bass in a rock band.

Meanwhile, Chris hooked up with Marcus Hummon, a Nashville-based songwriter whose catalog contained six No. 1 hits from the likes of The Dixie Chicks, Tim McGraw and Rascal Flatts' Grammy-winning "Bless the Broken Road."

"We started to write together," Chris continues. "We realized that we had a fairly strong musical connection. He embraced the trio idea and agreed with Larry that it was something that was missing from today's music scene. We went through three or four different guys before finding Eddie."

Eddie Bush was a certified guitar hero back in his home state of South Carolina and throughout the Southeast.

After his hero and fellow guitar ace Eric Johnson took him under his wing, he began performing solo acoustic sets throughout the club circuit, and later opened theater shows for the likes of Ted Nugent, Cheap Trick, Sammy Hagar, Jefferson Starship, REO Speedwagon, Eddie Money and .38 Special. "I was making a country record in Nashville, so I started showcasing—and that's how I met Marcus Hummon," said Eddie. Marcus had attended one of Eddie's Nashville showcases, and brought him to Chris. Royal, of course, was already in town.

The resulting demos quickly led to the Decca signing through a production deal with New York management company DSW Entertainment. The trio then proceeded to record their debut, Last of the Good Guys, with the help of top songwriters--most notably J.D. Souther, who co-wrote such Eagles' classics as "Best of My Love" and "Heartache Tonight."

Also enlisted were session musicians to provide an instrumental sound as classic as the three-part vocal blend. The key players were drummer John Gardner, bassist Mark Prentice, banjo player Wanda Vick, and of course Eddie on guitars--with added coloring from Bruce Hornsby & The Range guitarist George Marinelli and Marcus Hummon on acoustic guitar and mandolin and piano.

http://noted.blogs.com/westcoastmusic/2008/05/urgent-one-flew.html

Members: Please don't put tabloid gossip junk in the news thread. Take it to the WHE section please. Thanks.

i agree..lol....shows how big MJ is, because at this point, it would be quite a reach to ask Ratner about MJ, since many projects have been done by Ratner since rush hour 3

Thanks for the news.

The last time I checked, I did not believe anything that any tabloid said about MJ. There are reliable as cheese that doesn't taste good. LOL.

I think it is just gossip...
Ratner has always had nice words for MJ and so MJ for him. And during the trial he was defending mj anyway he could, but since people were forced to testify if MJ wanted to or it was necessary, Ratner would have had to testify.
Just stupid gossip, I remember 1 or 2 years ago he wanted mj in one of his movies but MJ said no. Don't know if it is true.

Brat did a personal interview with Michael in Interview magazine during the whole ordeal with the raid and trial..it was really nice.. and if someone has the article..please post it...... and he wore a MJ T-shirt in a photo...

also, Chris Tucker has said he did not want to tesify either.. and we have to remember that Michael Defense team..didn't call alot of folks..especially if they were there to testify about Michael's character .. becuz that would open up an avenue for the prosecution... so T-mez managed that trial very very very... strategically...

so I am not going to give any credit to this tab rumours..

thanks for todays mentionings.. It's appreciated very much

Thanks for the "news" One day we will come here and there will be some Album news.
**** HAPPY BIRTHDAY*** to EVERYONE having a Birthday, this week.
Dawn

RIAA certifications may happen even decades after actual wholesale shipments happened.

So there is hardly way to make whatever estimations of sales progress of music acts on those certifications; information from audio carriers manufacturers is the best option, not RIAA -- despite it was formed and is managed by grand studios mostly. Time of certification has nothing to do with time when actual sales were achieved; nor even certification means that sales of album/single are currently that of certification -- not at all, those figures may differ sharply, vastly lagging.

Id est RIAA certifications are pointless for everything except to say that certain music act wholesold no less that certain amount of albums/singles to some unknown date of the past.

So even RIAA's best sellers list is fundamentally incorrect and pointless for justifying order of acts (who sold better).

Last edited:
Just wanted to post an update on Universal Express, Richard Altomare, and the memorabilia auction from last year...

---
As of May 3, 2008, Richard Altomare (former CEO of the now defunct Universal Express) is now spending quality time in a Manhattan jail, and he will remain incarcerated as such until he makes good on the roughly $1.7 million he owes for his string of provenly fraudulent activities, which not only led to the demise of Universal Express but also cost many investors and shareholders a ton of money based on Altomare's false promises and claims. Of the money owed. Richard Altomare has only paid $60,000 in the past year and claims to be unable to afford anymore, but a New York court found otherwise (he's got millions of dollars in assets, two expensive properties, recorded wages of $1.75 million on his 2007 taxes, etc).

Regarding the Jackson memorabilia auction from 2007, Altomare grossly inflated the actual value of the items in the collection and falsely claimed that they were appraised for up to $200,000,000. The actual price the entire auction netted was just $580,110 (he ended up deep in the hole after all expenses were paid for this collection). Altomare was found in contempt by a Nevada judge after trying to circumvent the agreement he and Michael Jackson had signed, by trying to auction off items that he knew he had no right to sell. Michael (and Janet) won the case against Altomare and Universal Express (Altomare ended up paying the legal fees to all parties), but now Henry Vaccaro has been allowed to intervene to try to win control of the remaining memorabilia (another court date on this matter is set for later this month).

Prior to all of this madness going down with Richard Altomare, he claimed to also have possession of many master recordings of unreleased tracks from Michael Jackson and the Jacksons, and that he was planning to sell them for millions to Sony etc... Michael Jackson's Nevada attorneys made it clear that each of these recordings are under copyright protection by Michael Jackson and the Jackson family and they could not, under any circumstances, be sold. Despite this, Altomare refused to provide their whereabouts and it is believed he tried to sell them "under the table" to anybody interested. However, in January of this year he was forced to turn them over to the court.
---

Just wanted to post an update on Universal Express, Richard Altomare, and the memorabilia auction from last year...

---
As of May 3, 2008, Richard Altomare (former CEO of the now defunct Universal Express) is now spending quality time in a Manhattan jail...
---

Thanx for sharing :flowers:

Prior to all of this madness going down with Richard Altomare, he claimed to also have possession of many master recordings of unreleased tracks from Michael Jackson and the Jacksons, and that he was planning to sell them for millions to Sony etc... Michael Jackson's Nevada attorneys made it clear that each of these recordings are under copyright protection by Michael Jackson and the Jackson family and they could not, under any circumstances, be sold. Despite this, Altomare refused to provide their whereabouts and it is believed he tried to sell them "under the table" to anybody interested. However, in January of this year he was forced to turn them over to the court.

well, glad to know these recordings are in safe hands now.

Back