A Film Release Of Michael Jacksons Bad Tour 1988/89! PETITION | All help needed!

dam2040;4303445 said:
Maybe we should ask Taj if he was aware of any film reels being in the storage.

However, unfortunately he’s not still in charge so what the Estate have vs what Taj had could be two vastly different things.

If the storage was in Taj's name does that mean Michael gave up 100% ownership? Would be interesting to know, truthfully. If Taj was still the owner of Michael's storage at the time of Michael's passing in June of 2009 wouldn't that make it Taj's property?

I'm curious to know whether he has discussed this subject of "storage" before now. As others have said it would be great to find out, just has to be worded correctly if and when someone contacts him.

Honestly I think you guys should give up on anything from the estate, they have made it very clear that they won't need to release anything anymore or release anything in general. Please Kaimakesmusic do something else. It won't happen.

Shame only 7000 people have signed, ive been keeping an eye on the numbers for the official bad wembley upload and in just a month its had over 500,000 views on youtube....

So since the estate updated their FAQ. This petition is almost becoming pointless if we must believe the latest details about the film reels.

I give up on the estate. All I really wanted was 4k or 8k short films & what they said..... smh i give up

IMWhizzle;4303919 said:
So since the estate updated their FAQ. This petition is almost becoming pointless if we must believe the latest details about the film reels.

It's not pointless. We're not fully informed yet.

The reason I said we shouldn't ask for Bad Tour 4K release is that it could easily fail if the Estate said "we can't find the film reels". Not surprisingly, they did, but it was mentioned briefly under the question "WILL THE ESTATE UPGRADE MICHAEL’S SHORT FILMS TO 4K?".

Remember, we didn't ask pacifically for 4K. We asked for a film or HD release. Even if the Estate truly don't have full Bad Tour film edited for release, they still have various ways to satisfy our wish, like a mixed film montage of Bad Tour (they still haven't told us how much Bad Tour material they have, so we still have to guess. I'm guessing it can't be only two songs), or a remastered Bad Tour Beta tape release (not real HD, but pretty HD compared to Wembley DVD):
Bad-Tour-Wembley-HQComparison.jpg

We shouldn't give up just because an FAQ that didn't directly respond to what we ask. We need to continue push for a better Bad Tour release.

HappyLeeHL;4304066 said:

The reason I said we shouldn't ask for Bad Tour 4K release is that it could easily fail if the Estate said "we can't find the film reels". Not surprisingly, they did, but it was mentioned briefly under the question "WILL THE ESTATE UPGRADE MICHAEL’S SHORT FILMS TO 4K?".

Remember, we didn't ask pacifically for 4K. We asked for a film or HD release. Even if the Estate truly don't have full Bad Tour film edited for release, they still have various ways to satisfy our wish, like a mixed film montage of Bad Tour (they still haven't told us how much Bad Tour material they have, so we still have to guess. I'm guessing it can't be only two songs), or a remastered Bad Tour Beta tape release (not real HD, but pretty HD compared to Wembley DVD):

We shouldn't give up just because an FAQ that didn't directly respond to what we ask. We need to continue push for a better Bad Tour release.
"we dont have releasable audio other than wembley" so Unless they find July 15 or mix a bunch of tapes together and dub it theres no chance. FAQ killed this for me. Either find the film or else.

"we dont have releasable audio other than wembley" so Unless they find July 15 or mix a bunch of tapes together and dub it theres no chance. FAQ killed this for me. Either find the film or else.

Then how come so many news stations got editorial tapes with good enough/excellent audio?? That audio came from the just recorded U-matic ;) I really think the estate just popped in an early 88 tape-or something, and became scared of the audio.. (just think of Rome or Tokyo.. they have issues, but things can be done). We already know the estate puts almost no energy in forming a footage-catalogue, so I`m pretty sure only a few tapes were actually played and they didn`t find it interesting. We`re talking big money guys here, so they`ll just easily focus on something else if there`s too much investing involved.

Then how come so many news stations got editorial tapes with good enough/excellent audio?? That audio came from the just recorded U-matic ;) I really think the estate just popped in an early 88 tape-or something, and became scared of the audio.. (just think of Rome or Tokyo.. they have issues, but things can be done). We already know the estate puts almost no energy in forming a footage-catalogue, so I`m pretty sure only a few tapes were actually played and they didn`t find it interesting. We`re talking big money guys here, so they`ll just easily focus on something else if there`s too much investing involved.
Rome and Tokyo are "Front of House" mixes and not releasable according to them. If they did release another bad tour that would be great but I'm no longer as optimistic. Bad tour LA they have in HQ but we don't know in what audio quality. They said in 2012 they could of gave us an edited concert. At this point I wouldn't mind. They need to keep digging for the film masters. Taj, Frank, PKelly, Pecci etc. Taj said Mjs trusted him with his own archives, Frank was manager and might have it in his storage or kept record, PKelly and Pecci worked on filming the tour.
So many leads that need to be followed.

already signed it, I'm amazed that there is no other footage in hd of the bad tour, I don't want to wait until Bad 50

I hope they release one of the New York concerts at some point. The audio in that Dirty Diana live video is great.

I still have hope. Hope this petition will make the estate realize their is a big demand for BAD tour in HD.

We know for fact that there's HD footage of Man In The Mirror (From Moonwalker) and Another Part Of Me (From Spike Lee's BAD Documentary). Would Michael really bring film cameras just to film one or two songs from an entire concert?

Taj is hiding everything until Prince takes over the estate. Believe it...?

At this point I have more faith in Bubbles releasing BAD Tour 88 on Blu Ray

Galactus123;4304708 said:
The petition just passed 7000 signatures. :)

Thanks for breathing life in this thread again. The estate updated their FAQ not so long ago stating that they don’t know where the films reels are. But I don’t believe that.

HappyLeeHL;4304066 said:

Yup.

Obviously, they have this LA 89 show from whatever the source tape was (u-matic or Beta). Of course, let's remember that they definitly don't have a multi track recording of every show. Audio is king in live vreleases, and will always trump the visual side.

I would love if another show was released even if the audio is OK (as we already know what they sound like from the countless promo footage from the bad tour).

I watched the Wembley DVD few days ago again. The concert is amazing but I hope we get a better quality Bad Tour concert at some point. It doesn't even need to be HD.

I watched the Wembley DVD few days ago again. The concert is amazing but I hope we get a better quality Bad Tour concert at some point. It doesn't even need to be HD.

they must have something in vaults that is in better quality. damn shame they don't release something. sigh....

I really enjoy the Wembley concert too. - MJ is so much on fire, both dancing and singing perfect.

The concert is so good I almost doesn't notice the picture quality. - BUT... I still hope they do release a concert in much better quality.

Back