A Place With No Name (Second Single from Xscape) Discussion

I'm not seeing a single on the UK iTunes but there wasn't one for LNFSG, how am I gonna buy it again to get it up the charts?

I would have liked it better if it took more advantage of the lyrics, which I love. The story that the lyrics tell is simple yet very visual in itself so it must have made an exciting short film.

Got to see it on my desktop down here. I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Loved the editing, the changing from black and white to color-it seemed like Michael was either looking at the water and was imagining a place he wanted to go OR remembering something that happened to him in the past. Either one-he's telling a story and it was perfect. Definitely not another tribute video.

I thought it was classy and beautifully shot. Loved how they incorporated unseen MJ footage, not the same things we've always seen. I loved it!

Re: L.A. Reid confirms A Place With No Name is the next single (released on August 13)

Hands down the best posthumous video released for MJ! I'm looooving it woow! I'm just loving the ITC footage got a bit teary aswell. Bravo to an amazing video and an amazing project!

Agreed. It's the best video they've given us so far.

Had to screen cap my favorite part:
apwnn2_zps4e90dd86.jpg

I would have liked it better if it took more advantage of the lyrics, which I love. The story that the lyrics tell is simple yet very visual in itself so it must have made an exciting short film.

I tried watching it on mute with the original song in the background, wow. it was so much coherent that way. Someone needs to make an edit when the video is available :)

Got to see it on my desktop down here. I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Loved the editing, the changing from black and white to color-it seemed like Michael was either looking at the water and was imagining a place he wanted to go OR remembering something that happened to him in the past. Either one-he's telling a story and it was perfect. Definitely not another tribute video.

Yes I agree! There is so many other great things to say about this video, but don't have time right now. I need to get to bed. I'll expand tomorrow.

I know everyone won't be pleased-impossible- but come on guys. This is a BIG improvement from the other videos from the "Michael" album and LNFSG. It wasn't just repetitive stills from MJ videos and people dressed like MJ imitating his dance moves like the previous videos. Those videos were truly lame and lacked creativity.

This video was creative and the inclusion of the couple dancing was appropriate and made sense. The footage of MJ from ITC was well done and I loved the landscapes. The video was pretty much everything I was hoping it would be.

I for one am quite happy with it and think it's a huge improvement when compared to the other posthumous ones. We won't ever get the same quality videos because the star isn't here anymore but this was as good as can be.

It was well done.

I hope the song is a hit! It deserves to be

I think it's great how the Estate listens to us; that we, as the fans, can have our voices heard and be part of the continuous legacy of Michael. For instance, we suggested to have the outtakes from MJ archives to be used as part of a short film and we got it! As well as the addition of the original versions of the songs they put out on Xscape. and the list goes on and on as if we're bring MJ's legacy to the fullest and that is really making up for first posthumous album and pretty much everything else. And also the video was really creative and very well executed! I really hope this single would get the attention it deserves

After watching the visuals of the video this suddenly struck me :-

In "Break Of Dawn": "There’s imagination I bet you've never been there before
Have you ever wanted to dream about those places you’ve never known"

In "A Place with No Name": "She showed me places I've never seen, things I've never done"

:bugeyed :rollin:

This perfectly fits for the presence of both dancers. :cheeky: And flashes of MJ throughout the video especially in the end forced tears out of me. :cry: Amazing coloring and editing.. especially the way they used the circular lights, goes with the beats of the song.

2wncvuo.png

Great job! :clap: It was an artistic video to the core.. expressing human emotions with vivid imagery. Just how the song was described

“A Place With No Name” is known for vivid imagery & lush harmonies according to Dr. Freeze.

Goodnight to those who are off to bed! As for me, the day has just started with APWNN. :D

Loved the unseen footage, I only wish the effects didn't cover his gorgeous smile/face... kinda disappointed with the rest, the dancers were great but the concept seemed more like a commercial for Jeep at the beginning lol. I mean, I know he mentions a jeep in the song but yeah... they almost zoomed in on the brand :rofl: I did notice that I enjoyed the remix a bit more, maybe because my heart skipped a few beats seeing Michael's parts :girl_love: it has great potential but the need to promote this the right way, please Estate...

Has there been any word about whether the shortened version of the song will be released on Apple iTunes? Are we expecting remixes?

Nice video. Much better than the other tribute videos. Of course I didn't really need the dancers, but it was still hot. Michael's so handsome and beautiful. Man I miss him.

The Michael Jackson estate is getting SOOOO much better at making "short films". I don't know what they are doing different then what they did in 2010 but whatever they are doing different is working. I LOVE the new APWNN video. The candid footage though *_* I will love forever the first person to make a screen capture of Michael smiling in that red shirt

How Do You Feel About the Video for A Place Without No Name?

I,personally, didn't like it. It's not that it's not well put together, but I don't feel it coincides well with the meaning of the song. With it taking the turn towards "In the Closet 2", I just feel it misses the mark because the song is not about (in my eyes) a physical encounter. There's a deeper meaning and tie within that meeting and relationship. Of course there is the part where he mentions her kissing and hugging him, so I can see where the physical aspect could come into play. However, that is not at all the main focus. I feel that encounter, simply, made him, or whoever's the subject, see what was truly important in life to said person. Like a Twilight Zone "let me help you see before you make a fool of yourself or make grave mistake" moment, lol. Or I could just be reading to far into this and perhaps it's just me.

Last edited:
The Michael Jackson estate is getting SOOOO much better at making "short films". I don't know what they are doing different then what they did in 2010 but whatever they are doing different is working. I LOVE the new APWNN video. The candid footage though *_* I will love forever the first person to make a screen capture of Michael smiling in that red shirt

Back