Adele's '21' overtakes Michael Jackson in the all-time biggest selling albums chart-United Kingdom

The media always wants to dethrone MJ with every little thing they can find. Pathetic really! Clearly he is the standard and is and forever will be relevant! NUFF SAID!

Who Cares? This industry is trying desperately to find new people to replace the greats and so far the efforts are laughable...Hollywood and music have lost their shine. There's nothing exciting about these people anymore. Its like the same voice and same mentality,no real,timeless or groundbreaking entertainment :smilerolleyes:

As far as I know there will only be one Michael Jackson and never again we will see such a talent and personality who was able to influence a whole world and generationS of people young and old...Adele's voice is nothing new or fresh, people have been singing like this for decades really

ok guys, don't over react. Its a new. They used 'Michael Jackson' name cause she oversold his album in the UK. Tomorrow IF she oversells Pink Floyd, they'll use that name. Simple as that. Credit when it's due!

When I read the thread title, I was thinking someone beat Thriller. Now I see there was no need to get excited. Good luck to this person though.

umm good for her… :bored2: The thing is, ppl./journalists always try to undermine what MICHAEL has done in life and try to make it so that someone is ahead of him… like the Katy Perry thing with bad and now Adele… the Name Michael Jackson is like a product to them… not a human-beings name… and it sickens me...

L.o.v.e.
Romi

ok guys, don't over react. Its a new. They used 'Michael Jackson' name cause she oversold his album in the UK. Tomorrow IF she oversells Pink Floyd, they'll use that name. Simple as that. Credit when it's due!

I don't think that will happen. They might say she sold a lot but because Michael is there they use him. Nobody knew the record Michael had or some did until Katy Perry tied him and came close to beating it. It's about putting Michael down. Call me paranoid but it happens too much to be a coincidence or anything like that.

Jesus Christ, talk about haters. Adele's voice is nothing new or fresh? What other female artist has made soulful songs and songs that come from the heart like that with such a strong voice in the past 7 years, other than Amy Winehouse? Sure, her voice isn't that unique overall, but compared to today's artist it is. She's not the average run of the mill singer, who just thrives off of club hits and party tunes, her whole "21" album was written by her, and it's all based on a breakup she had. Sure this is another lame media attempt to down Michael and his accomplishments, but I'm sure Adele knows she isn't topping Michael by any means. Some of you act like it was her who wrote the article.

It's an amazing album, and I'm confident if Michael were still here, he'd enjoy Adele very much.

I have to agree that its unusual that Michael's name needed to be brought up, clearly they realize that using the words Michael Jackson rakes in the publicity, even when its irrelevant to do so.

Jesus Christ, talk about haters. Adele's voice is nothing new or fresh? What other female artist has made soulful songs and songs that come from the heart like that with such a strong voice in the past 7 years, other than Amy Winehouse? Sure, her voice isn't that unique overall, but compared to today's artist it is. She's not the average run of the mill singer, who just thrives off of club hits and party tunes, her whole "21" album was written by her, and it's all based on a breakup she had. Sure this is another lame media attempt to down Michael and his accomplishments, but I'm sure Adele knows she isn't topping Michael by any means. Some of you act like it was her who wrote the article.

It's an amazing album, and I'm confident if Michael were still here, he'd enjoy Adele very much.

She is not soulful at all, anyway I can't feel like she is.She just sings a bit better.And she is not lovable.

I agree that 21 is a great album and Adele is a very talented artist!

She is not soulful at all, anyway I can't feel like she is.She just sings a bit better.And she is not lovable.
Yeah i wouldnt say shes soulful. she just has a strong voice. tbh ive never found any white artists that are soulful bar an uk singer called i think connor reeves or something like that from back in the mid 90's.he had a few hits and was good

I don't think they do. They didn't post that Adele overtook/oversold Queen Greatest Hits 2.
The name Michael Jackson is associated with breaking records and if somebody manages to break his records, now thats a
news worth of printing:)

if anyone is going to beat mj at anything i'd rather it be someone with ACTUAL talent unlike katy perry or something. so i dont really mind this.... this doesnt make mj any less of a legend so.....

I think it's not surprising they use Michael's name when they talk about records, after all he's the one who set most of those records. :) In this case though, I dont see the point, since like it's been said, there are other artists still above her. But it's an easy way to attract readers.
Personally, of all the "singers" out there, if I had to choose one, I'd pick Adele. I dont know if she's lovable as a person, but she's got an amazing voice and a lot of talent, IMO. And I appreciate someone who doesnt have to show her breasts or butt every 5 mn.

I dont think we should take this kind of stuff too seriously, there are so many things in which Michael will never be matched up.

And she's in the headlines becoz...?
zzzzzzzzz....:yawn: Wake me when she overtakes Pink Floyd.
Must be slow news day.

BTW, Don't like it when she calls him Jacko...WT....eff..

In the end Michael is firmly placed at the top with biggest selling album worldwide (Over 110 Million!) Adele won't even make a third of that!

She is still a great singer though and I do wish her success.

aahhhhhhhh she bores the arse off me singing about her ex boyfriend all the time lol

She is brilliant...she can make me fall asleep anywhere anytime :) She sings well though.

So....what's the point???
She is a british singer and very popular in her country.
Enough of the pointless comparisons between nowadays singers, non singers and Michael!!!

CONGRATS TO ADELE!!! :)

And of course MJ fans are going to bring up how MJ is better. or say they don't care about the news.. If they really didn't care about the news they would not comment.

It's ok to give someone props without defending Michaels legacy.. Michaels legacy is not under attack in this case. Just because someone succeeds it does not mean Michael is any less.

She is a british singer and very popular in her country.

You should see how popular she is outside of her country. Quite amazing.

She's an amazing songwriter and contralto on top of that. I wish her much continued success. A lot of brilliance in such a young person. She feels deeply which is the necessary step to great emotional music if it is to touch just one person.
And best of all she's demonstrating that neither she nor the audience need an artist to be some cookie cutter type nonsense, but that actual people can enjoy actual music by actual human beings.

Have you heard her album? Have you seen her in concert or in a unplugged type of setting? Her not being lovable is your sole opinion, I personally feel she's more lovable than any current artist out right now. She's humble, down to earth, and so far hasn't let fame get to her head as she still seems like a regular person who just happened to have fame thrust upon her.

If she's not soulful, please, tell me what you consider soulful.

That's very good for her. What is annoying is how the media manipulate the situation and use Michael's name. There is no need for that. There are other albums ahead of hers and Bad on that list. Some headlines don't even mention it's about the UK. It just says Adele beats Michael's Bad. Then you click on the article and see the truth of it. The media tactics are just enough already. But not taking anything away from Adele. She is very talented. I like how she said she makes music for the ears not the eyes.

Have you heard her album? Have you seen her in concert or in a unplugged type of setting? Her not being lovable is your sole opinion, I personally feel she's more lovable than any current artist out right now. She's humble, down to earth, and so far hasn't let fame get to her head as she still seems like a regular person who just happened to have fame thrust upon her.

No to her album, no to her concerts and not to her unplugged sessions.And that is because what I heard on the radio/tv wasn't appealing enough for me to make me wanna hear more from her.

If she's not soulful, please, tell me what you consider soulful.

For me she is not soulful nor lovable.I said it's just me.

As for soulfulness and being lovable my standard is Michael, sorry for that, I know it's not fair.

For my taste her voice is too rough and I don't "feel" her songs.He's 21-22 but she is not convincing me when singing about love.Michael convinced me at 9 years old singing about being in love and suffering from love :)

But even comparing her to the other 2000 artists I can't tell she is too special.I am more into Katie Melua , not so far , 2006 I think, she was the best selling female artist in UK.For me she is soulful and lovable and made me wanna buy her CD's and live concerts.

She us from the UK so yea... it is more impressive when artist that are not from that country make it in to that list. If you go to the world list my guess is that she is not even close.

"Loveability", huh? Well, thank God for MJ fans then 'cause there are lot of people who think they can judge Michael as "unloveable".

It's a chart thread. I actually watched the Grammys this year and for some reason there seemed to be quite a consensus on her 'loveability'.
She's not this calculated stick figure, apparently she comes with her own set of issues in life- just as the rest of us. Hooray, actual people can make actual music again- that's quite the departure in mainstream music when I don't have to listen to the same computer loop for 5 minutes.

Back