ALERT ALERT MJ Neverland News [check post #1 for updates]

You know michael has alot of things up his sleeve new album tour etc he could make lots of cash, and buy the whole thing back. This is a business venture and Elizabeth always said he was a shrewed business man.

The next year will be interesting to watch.

And i bet his tix for the shows wont be cheap

It really is gone, everyone. Why that clinging on. It's like some of you have their hands to their ears going 'na na na na na' because they don't want to hear what has already happened.

really is gone, everyone. Why that clinging on. It's like some of you have their hands to their ears going 'na na na na na' because they don't want to hear what has already happened.

No it aint like that

i prefer to know the truth something none of us still know.

not knowing the truth is worst than knowing a bitter truth.

You're right about that. It's all guessing now. Except for the part that Neverland is gone. But in what shape or form, we just don't know, apart from the documents on the Santa Barbara website.

Just read the very first line, in the very first post of this thread: Michael Jackson has sold Neverland.

That's all we know right now.

I'm glad he got rid of it. Why are some fans "mourning" this? Michael Jackson is not his piece of property. Whatever symbolic value he attached to it has clearly changed. Otherwise, he wouldn't have sold it.

Oh my gosh, I really hope he did this with his own intention and didn't feel pressurised to do so.

Neverland was his life, his put his whole soul into it :/

Last edited:
There are articles too. Or just google the news and you'll see many articles about it.

It's not selling like we sell homes.. Technically Michael still owns it and you can't do anything with it.

This is A very Sad and good news at the same time...Sad because Most fans(like me) havent visted the ranch and wish to do so still..and it wouldnt be the same with out him...even now, the ranch is dead...it was BEAUTIFUL and Heaven like when he was there.

Good because, He's Letting go of the past and going toward the future...I love him sooo much for that...If this is what he wants, I wish him and his children the best! They have all my love and the world's LOVE!!! Forever and Ever!!!

Re: ALERT ALERT MJ News

Well it's his land, he can do what he wants with it. It's obvious it doesn't hold the joy in it for him that it once did (for obvious reasons). No reason to keep it if Peter Pan is growing up a bit and is moving on with life. It's a money-eater anyway if he isn't living there and not using it for the charities. The money can be put to better use. I think business-wise, it was a wise decision on his part. Life goes on, and there are certain things in life we have to let go of if we are to grow. If for Michael that means finally giving up Neverland, although it was no doubt difficult, then he has let go of an extremely difficult and hurtful era of his life.

Perhaps we will be seeing Michael Jackson the Man from now on, rather than Michael Jackson the Peter Pan. don't get me wrong, peter pan's great, just different from how we've been seeing him lately. He's more mature, more wise...peter pan's just growing up a little. But I don't know, he may always hold on to that inside of him. I hope he doesn't let that part of himself go. it's just one of the many things that makes him special.

VERY true! After what he's been through, It has made him More tough and Serious, and now he's living and raising his children. He Loves them sooo much and thats good for him. Nothing is better than have a love for others to help you get over your past, and make you STRONGER!!!

yeah it is reported.

i found this in yahoo:

Michael Jackson gives up title to Neverland ranch

[COLOR=#333333! important]The singer transfers the deed to the 2,500-acre Santa Barbara County property to a company he partly controls.[/COLOR]
The Associated Press
November 13, 2008

Michael Jackson has given up title to his Neverland ranch, transferring the deed to a company he partly controls.

The singer filed a grant deed on the ranch Monday that makes the new owner an entity called the Sycamore Valley Ranch Co. LLC, Tom Pearson of the Santa Barbara County clerk-recorder's office said Wednesday.

Sycamore Valley Ranch Co. is a joint venture between Jackson and an affiliate of Colony Capital LLC, according to a person with knowledge of the transaction who was not authorized to speak on the record and requested anonymity.

The person could not say what would become of the 2,500-acre property in the bucolic, oak-studded hills of Santa Barbara County's wine country.

A call to a attorney for Jackson, L. Londell McMillan, was not immediately returned Wednesday.

Jackson had gone into default on the $24.5 million he owes on the property and had faced foreclosure before Colony Capital bailed him out earlier this year by purchasing his loan. The property was called Sycamore Valley Ranch before Jackson bought it in 1988.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-neverland13-2008nov13,0,1017571.story?track=rss

to me the 2nd assumption is more likey to be true.

just this single thread writen by fan ain't enough to verify such important news.

only :heart:Michael can put an eternal end to all these assuptions and doubts whom i believe now is serenly and tranquilly asleep :wub::)
the person who wrote this ain't a fan, they made that plain in their post.

secondly, isn't it sad that we're questioning the media and why they're being so positive w/ regards to mj? lol

could it be that he still owns part of the ranch? maybe enough to make controlling decisions like in sony/atv? we just have to wait and see

Neighbors reported seeing moving vans a few weeks back hauling stuff out from Neverland, including what appeared to be rides etc.

Michael doesnt live there anymore, and hasnt in a while, I personally dont see the point in being upset about this as Michael clearly isnt, he has moved on, has a beautiful family and doesnt need his home in California now, he isnt Peter Pan, he isnt Neverland, he is Michael Jackson, and is living his childhood through his own children now, he doesnt need to recreate it with rides and the sort which must have been costing him millions. Id say this is the best decision Michael could have made, without running himself down,emotionally and financially. I bet Neverland isnt cheap to run, the electricity bill must be staggering itself!

Its a new era, a new time, you bring all with you that you cant leave behind, and it was time to leave behind Neverland. He has grown people.

well kinda. mj sold the ranch to colony but owns an intrest in the company.so i guess in some sense you could say he still part owns the ranch. its abit confusing lol
True. To me, this is a business move. I do not believe Neverland is totally gone from Michael's hands. People transfer property everyday in order to manage things and then they return the deed back to the person when things are settled. That is what this sounds like to me. A house was deed to me for a $1. Later I returned the deed when my mother got her stuff together. We will see. But for me, I do not believe Neverland is totally gone. Deals are probably being made between Michael and these investors that will never be on paper.

I repeat ...(like in my first message) i so sad 'cause michael sold Neverland ..Neverland is part of Michael ..no Neverland is Michael in his essence ....but if Mr Jackson take this decision ....:-*( .Michael has 50 old years is a family man .Neverland is so sadly without Mj:-(

Michael doesnt live there anymore, and hasnt in a while, I personally dont see the point in being upset about this as Michael clearly isnt, he has moved on, has a beautiful family and doesnt need his home in California now, he isnt Peter Pan, he isnt Neverland, he is Michael Jackson, and is living his childhood through his own children now, he doesnt need to recreate it with rides and the sort which must have been costing him millions. Id say this is the best decision Michael could have made, without running himself down,emotionally and financially. I bet Neverland isnt cheap to run, the electricity bill must be staggering itself!

Its a new era, a new time, you bring all with you that you cant leave behind, and it was time to leave behind Neverland. He has grown people.

yeah ..he has grown ..but in my heart is always a Magic Child that i knew in first time ...!

hi :waving: i found news on neverland :yes: :)

here is website:http://www.mtv.co.uk/channel/mtvuk/news/460267-michael-jackson-gives-up-neverland

***** Gives Up Neverland!

He hands the massive ranch over to a private company- but where will Bubbles live?
Michael Jackson has finally given up his Neverland home to a private company after years of financial difficulties.

But the Thriller legend should still be allowed on the fun fair. Reports say he partly owns the company who now have the deeds to the California property.

According to legal records Neverland is now under the control of a firm called Sycamore Valley Ranch Co. LLC- which is apparently co-owned by the singer and Colony Capital.

***** had owed $24 Million in relation to the 2,500 acre estate which famously includes a zoo and themepark until he was bailed out.

It’s unclear if Michael will be allowed to stay in the house or if it will be turned into a public theme park.

Of his home ***** ***** once said: "It's like stepping into Oz, Once you come in the gates, the outside world does not exist."

here is website:http://www.smh.com.au/news/entertai...-pops-peter-pan/2008/11/13/1226318822205.html

Neverland peters out for pop's Peter Pan

November 13, 2008

Michael Jackson's Neverland adventure is over.

The controversial pop star, who created his fantasy escape on the sprawling central California ranch at the height of his fame in 1988, has transferred ownership of the property to a company that he owns jointly with the private equity firm which took over his $US24.5 million ($A38.4 million) debt on the property in May.

According to the Santa Barbara County Assessor's Office, Jackson sold the property for $US35 million ($A54.86 million).

Neverland will be renamed Sycamore Valley Ranch in an effort to revamp its image, tinged by the negative press surrounding Jackson's child molestation trial, which ended in his acquittal in 2005, website TMZ.com reported.

Jackson built a mini amusement park on the 1100ha property, and invited thousands of children to play there before his trial. He has not lived there since his acquittal.

Colony Capital, which bought Jackson's loan after he missed several payments, also owns numerous Las Vegas properties including the Las Vegas Hilton.

The sale of Neverland to the company has fuelled reports that Jackson has signed on to perform his own headlining show in the city.

here iswebsite:http://www.keyt.com/news/local/34370004.html

Neverland Ranch No Longer
Los Olivos, CA-- According to the Santa Barbara County Clerk and Recorder's website Michael Jackson's 20-year ownership of famous, Neverland Ranch is finally coming to an end.

The self-proclaimed "King of Pop" is selling his famous 2800 acre property located north of Los Olivos. Sycamore Valley Ranch Company, LLC, a Delaware-based corporation has agreed to purchase Neverland Ranch for approximately $35 million.

The ranch has been vacant for the past two years and Jackson has struggled to pay debts following his arrest in 2003 on child-molestation charges that allegedly took place on the ranch.

the rides have been moved out and are in storage...nothing is there except the compound, the buildings...everything else he wanted to keep is already taken out.

the rides have been moved out and are in storage...nothing is there except the compound, the buildings...everything else he wanted to keep is already taken out.
here is a pic o found on German Malibu forum, i do not know how recent is it though..but Nland might looks like this now:

NeverlandBeforeandAfter.jpg

Back