ALERT ALERT MJ Neverland News [check post #1 for updates]

exactly. remember none of this would have happened if it wasnt for sneddon and co.no need to celebrate that sneddon got him out in the end and got what he wanted if he couldnt get the main thing he at least "drove the n***** out of the county" sneddon words. evil won in destroying a place that was a haven to many and frankly that breaks my heart as it has done since mj left and the place was left to go down hill.this world makes me sick where so much shit happens to good ppl and nothing is done.not just mj but the world in general
I think it will bounce back in time (maybe not like Neverland but it will be something). As for Sneddon, Sneddon did not destroy no one. At the end of the day, Sneddon was viewed as a jerk for a DA who pranced in front of the camera and acted unprofessiona during the case. And this is by most ot the people who know the case, everyone else can careless because they do not know of Sneddon or even remember him. So did not do NOTHING by those that matters. MIchael is still loved by many (that was proven this year even more. His cd Thriller is back on the charts and he has been honored by todays musicially artists; and even though he is not going to tour with his brothers, people were excited just by the THOUGHT of Michael touring). SO again, Sneddon did NOT destroy nothing. Only his own ego and the man who TRIED to destroy Michael Jackson. NOw that is shameful.

Could be. I will not rule this out.
something will happen with the place if its true about mj being a partner. no need to make a joint venture if no money is going to be made out of it. presuming all this is correct

It'll be nice to see Michael, the fifty-year-old father of three, move into a nicer, dare I say "more normal" house. As his kids grow up they probably don't want to live in a fantasy land either. So this move is good for them too

Great comment.

"The fans have been a bigger problem," Doran said. "He's never been a problem personally."

Comment of the week. Why am I not shocked by this comment? LOL. Some of the fans are something else.

My apologies if this was alread posted. From Access Hollywood:

http://www.accesshollywood.com/michael-jackson-gives-neverland-to-corporation_article_12152

Michael Jackson Gives Neverland To Corporation

ORIGINAL ARTICLE: November 12, 2008
SANTA BARBARA, Calif. --
Michael Jackson has given up title to his Neverland ranch, transferring the deed to a company he partly controls.

The singer filed a grant deed on the ranch Monday that makes the new owner an entity called the Sycamore Valley Ranch Co. LLC, Tom Pearson of the Santa Barbara County clerk-recorder’s office said Wednesday.

Sycamore Valley Ranch Co. is a joint venture between Jackson and an affiliate of Colony Capital LLC, according to a person with knowledge of the transaction who was not authorized to speak on the record and requested anonymity.

The person could not say what would become of the 2,500-acre property in the bucolic, oak-studded hills of Santa Barbara County’s wine country, 120 miles northwest of Los Angeles.

A call to an attorney for Jackson, L. Londell McMillan, was not immediately returned Wednesday.

Jackson had gone into default on the $24.5 million he owes on the property and had faced foreclosure before Colony Capital bailed him out earlier this year by purchasing his loan.

Pearson said the deed did not indicate who owns Sycamore.

A listing on the California secretary of state’s Web site says the company filed with the state in June. It does not identify its owners, but the company has the same Century City address as Colony Capital LLC.

Colony Capital is a Los Angeles-based real estate investment company run by billionaire Tom Barrack. It owns several properties in Las Vegas, including the Las Vegas Hilton.

The property was called Sycamore Valley Ranch before Jackson bought it in 1988 and began turning it into a miniature amusement park with a zoo, Ferris wheel, roller coaster and other rides.

At the height of his popularity, the superstar invited thousands of children to play on the grounds.

He renamed the ranch after the mythical land of Peter Pan and set about creating the magical childhood experiences he said his career as a child star had denied him.

“It’s like stepping into Oz,” he once said of Neverland. “Once you come in the gates, the outside world does not exist.”

Jackson has struggled to pay his debts since his financial empire began to crumble.

-------------------------

Note: I deleted a part of the article that I didn't feel was necessary. I mean, why repeat things without saying falsely accused? However, that is the laughable media for you. Can't give Mickey any credit or a break.

Last edited:
i know this is not cool at all :no: is the hardest news we all ever hear and is hard cause some of us what to neverland but some of us didn't ever been to neverland before like myself i never been ther before is my dream to go there :yes: know is time of cryying cause i'm so much in emotion today :yes:

i know this is not cool at all :no: is the hardest news we all ever hear and is hard cause some of us what to neverland but some of us didn't ever been to neverland before like myself i never been ther before is my dream to go there :yes: know is time of cryying cause i'm so much in emotion today :yes:

Rockstar, I know you feel badly, but this will pass. It's entirely possible that Michael will create a place that is even better, and that you will see it. Please hold onto that thought?

peace,

Victoria

the hardest news we all ever hear

I'm sorry but my understanding has limits. Today I heard that a member of my favorite group (who I know just a tiny littlebit personally) is uncurable ill and taken to hospital. My father has cancer that can't be cured, the world is falling apart, wars are being faught.... and Neverland is the hardest thing 'we' will ever hear?

Then you have been very lucky in life. I'm sorry, but it's really time to put things in the right perspective here.

Michael apparently told a fan that he has no interest in doing a celine dion in vegas

Raymone Bain issued a statement last year basically saying that MJ was not doing Vegas like concerts. So, there is really no point of you even bringing this up. It was clear as day that MJ was not doing Vegas. Clear as day.

I think Michael HAS grown up a bit whether by choice or becuz he's had to. If you really think about it he's always BEEN a grown up. I think maybe he got a bit lax in some areas in the past and now he's back on track. There's nothing wrong with that kind of change and growth, imo

Wendy, can I just hug you? You read my mind. Someone posted something on here about MJ growing up and now focusing on his children. Well, Mike was always grown. He just wanted to enjoy things that reminded him of childhood. I read this blog that was posted on this board regarding a solider who met MJ. The mother of the solider had a conversation with soon to be former first lady Laura Bush. As Laura and this woman were talking, they mentioned how Dubya and the woman's son was talking and Laura said, "All men are little boys inside". That quote stook by me and I never forgot it. So, when people make fun of Mike and his child like persona, I will always think about that quote because it is true. My brother is 26 and he loves cartoons and things of that nature, but he is a grown man with a college degree. Mike is a grown man that just wanted to make a house that had things that reminded him of childhood and the essense of being a child of heart. There is nothing wrong with that. What happened to Michael happened because people be hating. No matter how you slice it, that is what it is. Mike has shown to many people that he is a grown man. So, MJ was always grown, he got married, he had sex, he experienced relationships, he owned a home. There are people in their 30's still living with their parents. We probably know those people or will know those types of people. However, MJ is not the grown one? LOL.

Michael, I believe, had to let go of the place because of what it did to him. However, the more I read about this the more I start to wonder, why, he still owns an interest. Is it because he does not fully trust the owners (if they exists) fully so that he can give all ownership to them? Does he want to see how they would handle the estate now that he does not own it anymore and maybe that is why he owns an interest? It is up in the air. I am going to look at this deal like I see the Sony/ATV deal. He sees the place as property and not his home.

But at the end of the day Michael's going to be Michael whether that's being the grown up that takes care of his kids and makes multi-million dollar deals, etc... or the one who doesn't think twice about running around in public wearing pjs and a surgical mask. And we ALL just have to accept that. I don't think he will ever be someone who walks the straight and narrow 100% of the time. People who expect that are just asking to be stressed out in MJ fanLAnd. You can see it in his recent pictures. He still has that same bouncy excited like a little kid thing going. I don't see that or get that from ANY other celebrity. Do any of you? You never really see that essence in their pictures. It comes from within. So I wouldn't worry about him becoming some stiff and stuffy old person who has lost his zest and joy for certain things... which isn't so much a Peter Pan thing, btw. It's about finding the appropriate balance and being responsible in maintaing that balance, imho

Dang, Wendy, awesome observation. Mike seems to always have a great balance to the reality and the ideality in a sense. I really cannot say anything more than that. You hit the nail. ^ 5, Wendy!

his children are the biggest example of what he represents and loves most in this world. If you want to see Michaels vision look into your own childrens eyes or any of your cousins, sisters or brothers.

That was awesome, dude.

At the end of the day, Sneddon was viewed as a jerk for a DA who pranced in front of the camera and acted unprofessiona during the case. And this is by most ot the people who know the case, everyone else can careless because they do not know of Sneddon or even remember him. So did not do NOTHING by those that matters. MIchael is still loved by many (that was proven this year even more. His cd Thriller is back on the charts and he has been honored by todays musicially artists; and even though he is not going to tour with his brothers, people were excited just by the THOUGHT of Michael touring). SO again, Sneddon did NOT destroy nothing. Only his own ego and the man who TRIED to destroy Michael Jackson. NOw that is shameful.

Exactly. I was mad, at first, when the news broke because I believed that Sneddon did make sure that MJ would leave NL. However, I then remembered how a disgrace Sneddon was and that he could not destroy MJ. MJ is free to do as he pleases and Sneddon retired in complete shame. That fool played himself when he even thought of trying to get MJ and it blew up in his face. So, when I see people who give props to Mike, his influenecs are in the young stars of today and that Thriller is still a major part of people's lives, I am in totally belief that MJ will never be destroyed because true legends cannot get ruined.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but my understanding has limits. Today I heard that a member of my favorite group (who I know just a tiny littlebit personally) is uncurable ill and taken to hospital. My father has cancer that can't be cured, the world is falling apart, wars are being faught.... and Neverland is the hardest thing 'we' will ever hear?

Then you have been very lucky in life. I'm sorry, but it's really time to put things in the right perspective here.

I see your point, and you are right IMO, but we have to understand that not everyone has the same ability to put thing in perspective, to some of us this are very hard news to digest and we have to respect that, even if we don't understand it or agree with it. :)

Michael Jackson gives Neverland to corporation

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Michael Jackson has given up title to his Neverland ranch, transferring the deed to a company he partly controls.

The singer filed a grant deed on the ranch Monday that makes the new owner an entity called the Sycamore Valley Ranch Co. LLC, Tom Pearson of the Santa Barbara County clerk-recorder's office said Wednesday.

Oh, so now he GAVE it away??? :smilerolleyes:

It seems to me that the only thing anyone knows for certain is that the name was changed and the title deed was transferred to this company with mysterious owners.

EVERYthang else is hearsay...obviously just the way Michael wants it, would be my guess, LOL!

I honestly think if he has retained some interest in the place, it's as an investment. I doubt he'll turn the ranch into a museum. I mean, the rides were all taken out.

I see your point, and you are right IMO, but we have to understand that not everyone has the same ability to put thing in perspective, to some of us this are very hard news to digest and we have to respect that, even if we don't understand it or agree with it. :)

Agreed. It's important to be respectful of others' emotions. Even if we don't share them, people and their life circumstances are not all alike. Some fans are very young, and others have serious life-issues, so support and caring are important.

peace,

Victoria

I honestly think if he has retained some interest in the place, it's as an investment. I doubt he'll turn the ranch into a museum. I mean, the rides were all taken out.

Yep, I agree and when you look at Thomas Barrack's background, you can sort of get a feel as to which direction this "project" will take. He doesn't seem to be into museum's, I think he favors hotels, spas and things along those lines. And when you think about a place the size of that property, the prospects are endless.

Michael doesnt live there anymore, and hasnt in a while, I personally dont see the point in being upset about this as Michael clearly isnt, he has moved on, has a beautiful family and doesnt need his home in California now, he isnt Peter Pan, he isnt Neverland, he is Michael Jackson, and is living his childhood through his own children now, he doesnt need to recreate it with rides and the sort which must have been costing him millions. Id say this is the best decision Michael could have made, without running himself down,emotionally and financially. I bet Neverland isnt cheap to run, the electricity bill must be staggering itself!

Its a new era, a new time, you bring all with you that you cant leave behind, and it was time to leave behind Neverland. He has grown people.

Thank you! I mean, got damn, after everything he's went through, I think what he's doing is smart. The place will likely turn into something else if MJ and the company works on a compromise. Maybe not an amusement park but something that would bring in profit for Michael the businessman. Michael is fifty now, so yes you can say that he's finally decided to show more of his grown-ass man side, lol.

Mike is still tied to the proporty and got 35 million for this deal.. What more can we ask for??

Getting 35 million for the place in this market is AWSOME.. He bought it for around 17 mill.. He made a big profit out of Neverland. Now if the market was good, I could only imagine what he would have gotten.

This I find to be good news, not bad.. If Mike probably wanted to, he could move back into the place.. Basically what I get out of it is.. Mike now just wont have to worry about dealing with the banks with these loan ties that Neverland was in.. THEY will have to deal with it.. Now if Mike were to move in, he would pay the company, and be doing deals through them.. Cuts the hasell out.. And now that it's a joint venture, a portion of what Mike would pay for mortgage/rent, he would make a small profit out of his own money.. Money working for money.. Or simply, Mike will get money from who ever lives/uses the property, and still have some power over it..

This is what I have been saying. I am not over that Michael does not own Neverland just yet. To me, it is a business move. Like I said, my mother sold me her deed to one of her house for $1 (this was called a gift deed). ONce everything was straight in what we were doing, I gave the deed BACK to my mother. IN this with MIchael, they are dealing with the DEED (people use their deeds for different reason even giving their deeds to their cars and homes to borrow money from Title one car places). Again, I believe MIchael is not letting Neverland go but is using the deed to handle business (And look no new owner name is on the deed. It does not sound like it was sold in the way of "I do not want this property no more. it is yours"). And time will tell.

Mike is still tied to the proporty and got 35 million for this deal.. What more can we ask for??

Getting 35 million for the place in this market is AWSOME.. He bought it for around 17 mill.. He made a big profit out of Neverland. Now if the market was good, I could only imagine what he would have gotten.

This I find to be good news, not bad.. If Mike probably wanted to, he could move back into the place.. Basically what I get out of it is.. Mike now just wont have to worry about dealing with the banks with these loan ties that Neverland was in.. THEY will have to deal with it.. Now if Mike were to move in, he would pay the company, and be doing deals through them.. Cuts the hasell out.. And now that it's a joint venture, a portion of what Mike would pay for mortgage/rent, he would make a small profit out of his own money.. Money working for money.. Or simply, Mike will get money from who ever lives/uses the property, and still have some power over it..
THANK YOU BABY. That is what is sounds like to me.

I think people need to let go. Neverland is gone. Everything good and loving it stood for was inside the man who used to own it. Despite if Michael still controls part of it or not doesn't even matter.

Neverland is gone. For those still seeking it and still out of desperation to attach it to Michael, KNOW ONE THING... Neverland was created by Michael therefore everything it became in it's greatness lives inside of Michael and those who were lucky enough to share it. You never really could tie Neverland to the Earth. It was so much more than some rocks and boards or games. Michael has taken and removed Neverland's title, sold the land and is moving forward. We don't know what's to come and it isn't worth spectulating on because we all know Michael Jackson will do what Michael Jackson wants to do and only when he wants to do it.

So don't fret - just keep the faith in what's important - Michael not some piece of property :yes:

Did any of you look up the meaning of UCC Agreement, UCC Termination, Assignment Deed Of Trust, Substitution Trust, and Grant Deed means?

I think it would behoove you all to pull up those legal meanings and apply it because those are the papers that were filed by Sycamore Valley Ranch, LLC.

And it still isn't proven that Michael Jackson holds a partnership with Sycamore. We only have unverified sources stating that. All we have are titles of documents that state that Michael sold Neverland.

If the home is now owned by a company that is a JOINT VENTURE between Michael and a division of Colony Capital, then Michael still owns his property! He has not sold it.

Sometimes, I wonder if some of yall can really understand what you are reading. When you form an LLC with someone, both entities have equal ownership unless something different is stipulated in the contract. I doubt if Michael owns less than 50% of this new venture because a joint venture is really a partnership as far as I know. And the reason he walked away with all that money is because he was the one who invested that huge asset into the company. I'm sure that Colony invested something too, probably money.

So, my thing is this...Michael obviously does not want to get rid of his ranch because if he did, he would have simply sold it rather than start a new company and keep it. There would have been no need to go the LLC route and mantain ownership if he didn't want the ranch anymore.

I personally think that Michael has discussed his future plans for that ranch with Colony. and I think that the idea is gonna be something along the lines of a resort/retreat/museum type thingy and that place is gonna end up being a cash cow for many years to come. Both for Michael and Colony.

And to be honest with you, this was a smart move for another reason. If Michael wanted to turn Neverland into a public place where people can visit, then where do you think he would get the capitol from to get the place all pretty and ready? He has aligned himself with a billionnaire investor who will provide the funding to dress Neverland up and add hotels, museums or whatever else Michael invisions. And as the money rolls in, both Michael AND Colony will stand to profit from it.

In other words, Michael has the legendary estate and the ideas. Colony has the funding. Somewheres down the road, we will see what Michael has planned for his property.

So don't fret - just keep the faith in what's important - Michael not some piece of property :yes:

But try telling that to Scarlett O'Hara when she is grabbing the soil of Tara in her hands and making a promise to the sky that she will never go hungry again!!! *dramatic music playing*

Oh, I'm just teasing ya.:tease:

I understand the sadness and the sense of loss that many are feeling; I am feeling some of that myself. It's okay to grieve. In fact, don't stuff it, go ahead and grieve.

But I believe better days are ahead. I trust in, and believe in, Michael Jackson and his decisions. May God continue to bless that man, and his lovely family and his music.

All is not lost; it's simply a new beginning. :)

Last edited:
If the home is now owned by a company that is a JOINT VENTURE between Michael and a division of Colony Capital, then Michael still owns his property! He has not sold it.

According to WHOM? The associated press who cites a "source close to the deal." Same with TMZ and other websites. Michael and his lawyers won't confirm or deny. So we have the word of an unverified source!

I don't want the fans to get their hopes up until we have something CONCRETE. None of you would accept unverified sources speaking ill about Michael Jackson, or giving Roger Friedman the scoop because they are "SOURCES" but when an unverified source gives something that might be in Michael's favor, it's good as gold?

Isn't that hypocrisy?

I bet Neverland isnt cheap to run, the electricity bill must be staggering itself!

Just imagine the electric bill! Damn, is all I can say. LOL.

Its a new era, a new time, you bring all with you that you cant leave behind, and it was time to leave behind Neverland. He has grown people.

I see your point, but MJ was always grown. A child cannot own a home, pay the mortgage or what have you. I would not be shocked if MJ had a big time party at NL and when I mean by party, I do not mean a party filled with kids celebriting someone's birthday. Hehehehehe. I mean, you never know.

Getting 35 million for the place in this market is AWSOME..

Exactly. That is pretty good.

To me, it is a business move.

I see it as that as well. A smart one.

"It's not a home to me anymore. It's an investment."

An smart investment, indeed.

Last edited:
Did any of you look up the meaning of UCC Agreement, UCC Termination, Assignment Deed Of Trust, Substitution Trust, and Grant Deed means?

I think it would behoove you all to pull up those legal meanings and apply it because those are the papers that were filed by Sycamore Valley Ranch, LLC.

And it still isn't proven that Michael Jackson holds a partnership with Sycamore. We only have unverified sources stating that. All we have are titles of documents that state that Michael sold Neverland.

Ditto. All we know at the moment is that Michael no longer holds the deed. He's moved on.

And the war continues. :lol:

Bee, thanks. You made some great points as well. ;D

Back