ALERT ALERT MJ Neverland News [check post #1 for updates]

the rides have been moved out and are in storage...nothing is there except the compound, the buildings...everything else he wanted to keep is already taken out.

good good, he has all his personal belongings, those are the things that will keep the magic of what he had created alive, those are the things that matter, not cement and bricks, it was the magic he put into the home, and he can do that wherever he lives.

Neverland became too public for Michael Jackson to be able to live there completely. You had everybody and their mother knowing where Michael Jackson lives, and I know that HAD to make Michael feel uncomfortable. Not to mention all the dark things that happened there. The fact that it seems like Michael is still holding some ownership in Sycamore Ranch shows that he isn't ready to give it up completely ,but possibly will turn his former home into something that his fans will enjoy and visit in the future.

I think it takes great courage to be able to move on from negativity and turn that negativity into something positive for yourself and for other people. I have no doubt in my mind that the dream of Neverland will always live in Michael Jackson's heart.

I think Michael selling Neverland is a very positive thing. Michael said in that Neverland was no longer him home and just a place he would visit a few years ago. Tom Sneddon ruined Neverland, and Michael quite rightly wasn't to get as far away from Neverland as possible. The only thing I dislike about this news, is more stupid articles in the tabloids about Michael being broke.

The fact that it seems like Michael is still holding some ownership in Sycamore Ranch shows that he isn't ready to give it up completely ,but possibly will turn his former home into something that his fans will enjoy and visit in the future.

I think it takes great courage to be able to move on from negativity and turn that negativity into something positive for yourself and for other people. I have no doubt in my mind that the dream of Neverland will always live in Michael Jackson's heart.

If Michael is maintaining ownership it will be nothing more than an investment, like the ATV catalogue, I dont think he will turn into a "Graceland" of sorts, and really hope he doesnt, I think by moving all his stuff out, he is moving on and not looking back.

is more stupid articles in the tabloids about Michael being broke.
broke with 35 million in his pocket lol and a joint venture that will make him $

A friend of mine live in Miami and she saw this article yesterday.I dont know the source.
Sorry if already posted.

"Michael Jackson LOS ANGELES – Michael Jackson has given up title to hisNeverland ranch, transferring the deed to a company he partly controls. The singer filed a grant deed on the ranch Monday that makes the new owneran entity called the Sycamore Valley Ranch Co. LLC, Tom Pearson of theSanta Barbara County clerk-recorder's office said Wednesday. Sycamore Valley Ranch Co. is a joint venture between Jackson and anaffiliate of Colony Capital LLC, according to a person with knowledge ofthe transaction who was not authorized to speak on the record and requestedanonymity. The person could not say what would become of the 2,500-acre property inthe bucolic, oak-studded hills of Santa Barbara County's wine country, 120miles northwest of Los Angeles. A call to an attorney for Jackson, L. Londell McMillan, was not immediatelyreturned Wednesday. Jackson had gone into default on the $24.5 million he owes on the propertyand had faced foreclosure before Colony Capital bailed him out earlier thisyear by purchasing his loan. Pearson said the deed did not indicate who owns Sycamore. A listing on the California secretary of state's Web site says the companyfiled with the state in June. It does not identify its owners, but thecompany has the same Century City address as Colony Capital LLC. Colony Capital is a Los Angeles-based real estate investment company run bybillionaire Tom Barrack. It owns several properties in Las Vegas, includingthe Las Vegas Hilton. The property was called Sycamore Valley Ranch before Jackson bought it in1988 and began turning it into a miniature amusement park with a zoo,Ferris wheel, roller coaster and other rides. At the height of his popularity, the superstar invited thousands ofchildren to play on the grounds. He renamed the ranch after the mythical land of Peter Pan and set aboutcreating the magical childhood experiences he said his career as a childstar had denied him. "It's like stepping into Oz," he once said of Neverland. "Once you come inthe gates, the outside world does not exist." Jackson has struggled to pay his debts since his financial empire began tocrumble following his arrest in 2003 on charges that he molested a13-year-old boy at the ranch. He has not been seen in the Los Olivos areasince a jury acquitted him of all charges, and recent aerial photos showthe ranch falling into disrepair."

I don't understand why some people panic about this. Who knows if Michael just want to use Neverland Ranch name elsewhere? Then what for would he need this old place...

Well its good that he retains part ownership, because he should make more then $35 million on it. As long as he's okay, then so should be all of us.

broke with 35 million in his pocket lol and a joint venture that will make him $
Cha-ching!!!! All the way to the bank baby! :D Thats what I'm talkin' 'bout!

how come yahoo, ect still dont paid any attention to this? its gonna be on dutch television news today.
It's making its way. Slow but sure. I saw it on my local news this morning and the Yahoo and MSN home pages.

how come yahoo, ect still dont paid any attention to this? its gonna be on dutch television news today.
dont wish it on the media they will twist and have a field day with it as it is. seeing as the documents were filed monday id like to know if the media got the info off here and then ran with it as it was within hours of the info being posted on here.would they have picked it up otherwise

It's making its way. Slow but sure. I saw it on my local news this morning and the Yahoo and MSN home pages.

Yes, this story is moving slowly and it makes me laugh. LOL!

Because in the world of Michael Jackson, when it's GOOD news, it's either not reported or like in this case it's reported slowly and as a sort of "secondary" story. Either way, it's all good and I'm sure some of the folks who do report on this story are saying to themselves, "how the heck did he pull that off." LOL!

Who sures about Michael being a part of ownership?who has seen the name of Michael mentioning as a part of Sycamore?

At least I'm happy that he has taken every thing he wanted and left nothing ,I can hope there gonna be another Neverland somewhere else.

its been reported in several articles but no documents have been seen to confirm

Overall I think this is positive, I mean obviously Michael has some sort of plan here, although we may not know what it is , it does not sound like he completely let go of Neverland.

Even though I think it is positive, I don't really feel that people should be celebrating. Michael put a lot of thought , effort, time, and money into creating Neverland and it sad that he did that to help others and it had to be ruined because of greed. What those two families did, not only hurt Michael, and his family, but think of the great loss to all the children and their families who will miss an oppertunity to go there as others have in the past. Maybe I'm just sentimental, but everytime I move, I get alittle emotional, so even though Michael is OK with this, IMO, I don't think it's what he would have wanted and I don't think it was easy and If I were him, Idk how I'd feel about people being SO happy about it.

That being said, I also don't think people should be dwelling on this either, Although it's sad, It is Michael's life and his property and he has made this choice and if he can get over it and move on from it, then so should everyone else. Plus we don't know what he has planned so I think it's best to wait and see before getting to upset.

I don't even know why I posted on this I guess everybody has an opinion, and I'm bored right now... so there's my two cents...

well yeah some say 35 others say different. and preuming it was worth around 60 and mj got 35 cause he owed 25 to colony

I don't really feel that people should be celebrating. Michael put a lot of thought , effort, time, and money into creating Neverland and it sad that he did that to help others and it had to be ruined because of greed. What those two families did, not only hurt Michael, and his family, but think of the great loss to all the children and their families who will miss an oppertunity to go there as others have in the past. Maybe I'm just sentimental, but everytime I move, I get alittle emotional, so even though Michael is OK with this, IMO, I don't think it's what he would have wanted and I don't think it was easy and If I were him, Idk how I'd feel about people being SO happy about it.
exactly. remember none of this would have happened if it wasnt for sneddon and co.no need to celebrate that sneddon got him out in the end and got what he wanted if he couldnt get the main thing he at least "drove the n***** out of the county" sneddon words. evil won in destroying a place that was a haven to many and frankly that breaks my heart as it has done since mj left and the place was left to go down hill.this world makes me sick where so much shit happens to good ppl and nothing is done.not just mj but the world in general

who knows we dont know when the pics were taken.thing were seen leaving over the last few weeks so maybe they went then

I don't really feel that people should be celebrating.
Michael put a lot of thought , effort, time, and money into creating Neverland
and it sad that he did that to help others and it had to be ruined because of greed.
Idk how I'd feel about people being SO happy about it.

exactly. remember none of this would have happened if it wasnt for sneddon and co.
thats so true elusive :(

Yes, it is.

Thanks to all for the continuing updates. :flowers:

As for the discussion about fans being upset and whatnot, I just wanted to say a few things as I see both sides of the issue. Didn't expect to type so much but yeah...skip if you hate essays. :lol:

I think Michael HAS grown up a bit whether by choice or becuz he's had to. If you really think about it he's always BEEN a grown up. I think maybe he got a bit lax in some areas in the past and now he's back on track. There's nothing wrong with that kind of change and growth, imo. For those who wonder if his moving on from Neverland (in terms of the home) means he may no longer hold on to those ideals, I wouldn't be too concerned about that for some reason. I read the 2 notes posted on the board yesterday and I think the person he is "in his heart" is still there. ;D This decision could be just a matter of location and good business. It makes sense if you put aside your emotions about the place for just a bit (not saying you shouldn't feel bad or anything). However, I understand the fans who want the whole Peter pan thing to just go away. They see it as a source of MJ's problems or an obstacle in the way he's perceived by others. And some are simply creeped out about the whole association as they probably never really "got it" in the first place. Everyone's mind is different and that's okay.

The way I see it is both groups of fans are trying to protect him in some way. It's like the ideal vs. the real. But at the end of the day Michael's going to be Michael whether that's being the grown up that takes care of his kids and makes multi-million dollar deals, etc... or the one who doesn't think twice about running around in public wearing pjs and a surgical mask. And we ALL just have to accept that. I don't think he will ever be someone who walks the straight and narrow 100% of the time. People who expect that are just asking to be stressed out in MJ fanLAnd. :lol: You can see it in his recent pictures. He still has that same bouncy excited like a little kid thing going. I don't see that or get that from ANY other celebrity. Do any of you? You never really see that essence in their pictures. It comes from within. So I wouldn't worry about him becoming some stiff and stuffy old person who has lost his zest and joy for certain things... which isn't so much a Peter Pan thing, btw. It's about finding the appropriate balance and being responsible in maintaing that balance, imho. Perhaps he's found it or is working on finding it. Maybe both groups (the ideals vs the reals) might find more solace if they think of it that way (maintining a balance) and stop struggling for one side to abolish the other.

What I get when I read this thread is there seems to be a power struggle going on with each group. One side doesn't seem to want to accept the idea of him maturing in certain ways and one side can't accept that marching to the beat of a different drummer might be a major part of who MJ is at heart...no matter where he lives or what he does....even if he's 105.:lol: And there's NO amount of encouragement or discouragement from ANYBODY (fans, friends, family, a therapist) that will change that. Leave room for the man to be human and an INDIVIDUAL and most importantly HIMSELF.

Peace.

Yeah, its sad because we are attached to everything it (NL) represented which is MJ and his vision,
but the inevitable has happened, thanks to Sneddon and his cronies so Michael did what he had to do.
It's sad but on the other hand its major growth, so-to-speak, for MJ.

Again, I do not think fans should worry. I still think Michael is still in the picture with Neverland but it is changing (there is NO new owner name on the deed which is own changed quick when it is sold but her the name is not on it). Again, I think this is a business move on Michael's part. Neverland takes alot to run and it might be great the name is changed to something else and it because an investiment to do something else. I do not see the problem with this move (unless somthing else prove to me otherwise). I think there are great things to come with this deal. Time will tell.

Neverland became too public for Michael Jackson to be able to live there completely. You had everybody and their mother knowing where Michael Jackson lives, and I know that HAD to make Michael feel uncomfortable. Not to mention all the dark things that happened there. The fact that it seems like Michael is still holding some ownership in Sycamore Ranch shows that he isn't ready to give it up completely ,but possibly will turn his former home into something that his fans will enjoy and visit in the future.

.............Amen!:D:yes::DTime to move on eh?:yes::D Thats life!:D:yes:
I can agree or not,be sad or not but its Michaels house and Michaels decision whom I repect and support fully:yes:see my reaction here aslo : http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1676052&postcount=100

Last edited:
Sneddon didnt drive him out...it was Michaels decision. Sneddon played a part in destroying his home, but he could have knocked the place down and rebuilt if he really wanted to? Did he? No because there are bigger things for him to worry about now, its only bricks and cement, his children are the biggest example of what he represents and loves most in this world. If you want to see Michaels vision look into your own childrens eyes or any of your cousins, sisters or brothers.

Back