All TMZ stories about Investigation Information

Re: Dr Murray Charged

Only 4 years...is that all his life is worth! Michaels life is lost forever. He destroyed the lives of his family, his friends, and his fans and all he has to give is 4 years of his...:cry:

I am interested to hear the timeline because it seemed like Murray put MJ under and forgot and then found him around 1200 or so. IDK.
go read up on the facts of the case seeing as you dont have a clue.

Michael Jackson doctor charged in singer's death
AP
By LINDA DEUTSCH, AP Special Correspondent Linda Deutsch, Ap Special Correspondent – 13 mins ago

LOS ANGELES – Michael Jackson's doctor was charged Monday with involuntary manslaughter, capping an exhaustive investigation into the pop star's stunning death last summer and setting up the prospect of another sensational celebrity courtroom drama.

Dr. Conrad Murray, a cardiologist who was with Jackson when he died June 25 at his rented Los Angeles mansion, is accused of acting "unlawfully and without malice" in bringing about Jackson's death, according to a complaint filed by prosecutors.

The complaint said Murray acted "without the caution and circumspection required" when he administered a powerful sedative to Jackson in an effort to help him sleep.

The charge was expected, and Murray's attorney, Ed Chernoff, said his client planned to surrender to authorities later Monday.

"We'll make bail, we'll plead not guilty and we'll fight like hell," Chernoff said before the charge was filed.

Jackson hired Murray to be his personal physician as he prepared for a series of strenuous comeback concerts in London. Officials say the singer died after Murray administered the powerful general anesthetic propofol and two other sedatives to get the chronic insomniac to sleep.

Los Angeles investigators were methodical in building a case against Murray, wary of repeating missteps that have plagued some other high-profile celebrity cases, most notably O.J. Simpson and actor Robert Blake, both of whom were acquitted of murder.

After reviewing toxicology findings, the coroner ruled Jackson's death at age 50 a homicide caused by acute intoxication of the powerful anesthetic propofol, with other sedatives a contributing factor.

Propofol is only supposed to be administered by an anesthesia professional in a medical setting, because it depresses breathing and heart rate while lowering blood pressure.

Murray appears to have obtained the drug legally and its use is not in itself a crime. To show the doctor was negligent in his care, detectives spoke to more than 10 medical experts to see if his behavior fell outside the bounds of reasonable medical practice.

According to court documents, Murray told police he administered propofol just before 11 a.m. then stepped out of the room to go to the bathroom.

There is some dispute about what happened next. According to court filings, Murray told police that upon his return from the bathroom, he saw Jackson was not breathing and began trying to revive him.

But an ambulance was not called until 12:21 p.m. and Murray spent much of the intervening time making non-emergency cell phone calls, police say. The nature of the calls, which lasted 47 minutes, is not known.

Murray's lawyer has said investigators got confused about what Murray had told them, and that the doctor found his patient unresponsive around noon.

The investigation included several agencies, including the Los Angeles Police Department, the district attorney's office and the federal Drug Enforcement Administration.

Many witnesses have been interviewed by police, including those who were present during Jackson's last days, those who worked with him in preparation for his series of comeback concerts, "This Is It," and members of his personal entourage, including his security guard and personal assistant.

I understand that people make mistakes. Even doctors do. However, Murray made too many mistakes! This is not involuntary manslaughter, this is murder!

I understand that people make mistakes. Even doctors do. However, Murray made too many mistakes! This is not involuntary manslaughter, this is murder!

They can't prove that it was malicious, so no, it's not murder.

I feel... really really sad now. I though I had come to terms with the situation by now. But I am crying...

Okay, we dont know all the facts, I understand its hard to charge a doctor, and I can believe that Murray didnt "maliciously" intented to kill Michael.

But he MUST have known as a doctor that what he was doing could kill, and he sure didnt seem to care much about keeping his patient alive!

Bless you, Mike. You were too good for this world.

Only one charge after nearly eight months of investigation!!! ANd only four year penalty. Just what was he doing giving Michael a drug thats only intended for use in operating theatres.

Ok, hold on guys. The thread's going to be closed for a few seconds for a review.

Did anyone see CNN showing the signs some fans made?

Someone was trying to wave into the camera. I'm afraid the signs that say "murderer" might make us seem a bit...

Ah well.

What burns me is the no handcuffs.

Michael did NOTHING in 2003 and he was handcuffed so hard and deliberately-positioned behind his back that his wrists became swollen and his back gave him agonising pain for months if not years afterwards.

EQUALITY. JUSTICE. MICHAEL.

I feel... really really sad now. I though I had come to terms with the situation by now. But I am crying...

Okay, we dont know all the facts, I understand its hard to charge a doctor, and I can believe that Murray didnt "maliciously" intented to kill Michael.

But he MUST have known as a doctor that what he was doing could kill, and he sure didnt seem to care much about keeping his patient alive!

Bless you, Mike. You were too good for this world.

I agree here!

Wow, just... wow.
We discussed this already in the IU, but it didn't seem real at the time. Now it does.
Murray will walk. Again, wow.

I'm still kinda confused on all this. :scratch:

*K, so when a person is charged, is that final? Can they be charged later with more later?

*Is that the end of the investigation and now they just have to organize what they have and put their case together? Or will they continue to investigate in order to help build their case?

*Is the LAPD through with this? Who helps the D.A.? Is a private investigator hired?

*What if their research brings them more facts, more evidence, and the testimonies are damning enough to warrant a higher charge or additional charges?

*What happens then? :unsure:

Thanks in advance. :flowers:

so when a person is charged, is that final? Can they be charged later with more later?
they can be. at the prelim they could try and add charges. but its rare. dont expect for example them to change the charge to murder

*Is that the end of the investigation and now they just have to organize what they have and put their case together? Or will they continue to investigate in order to help build their case?
well they can keep investigating if htey want but when you charge someone that should be it. ie you finish your investgation then charge.if u are a fool u do what sneddon did and charge mj yet keep investigating for the next year

*Is the LAPD through with this? Who helps the D.A.? Is a private investigator hired?

the LAPD are the ones who investigate get the evidence. they then hand it over to the D.A. everything now should be run by them. they are the lawyers who take the evidence the police found and use it in court. no P.I that is the polices job

What if their research brings them more facts, more evidence, and the testimonies are damning enough to warrant a higher charge or additional charges?

*What happens then? :unsure:
then u change the charge add charges i guess. nothing to stop that

Aha. So, while it's not likely to change - it is possible, under certain circumstances? Then I'm going to continue to hope and pray like crazy that something, anything happens that will cause them to slap on more charges. Thanks. :)

However, I still just do not understand how they came to the conclusion that this is IM...

Re: Joe Jackson Gets Wrongful Death Ball Rolling

It's not the trial that's set for April, it's a preliminary hearing to decide if there's going to be a trial at all. And the trial might not even happen this year. These things take long time, I wouldn't expect it to be over in three months.

in fact just look at anna nicole smith's trial,the wrongful death was filed 2 years after and I don't think it's even over yet...

LAPD: Dr. Conrad Murray's GF Holds Secrets

LAPD: Dr. Conrad Murray's GF Holds Secrets
Posted Mar 26th 2010 7:22PM by TMZ Staff
LAPD detectives were on the hunt for Dr. Conrad Murray's communications with his baby mama, Nicole Alvarez -- a woman cops believe knows a lot about Michael Jackson's death.

0326_murray_alveraz_bn.jpg

According to documents just released, detectives obtained a search warrant in November, 2009 -- 5 months after Jackson died. They searched a Gmail account belonging to Nicole Alvarez, the woman who had a child with Murray. She's the same woman Murray was staying with in Santa Monica up to the time Jackson died.

Cops wanted records from May, 2009 through September, 2009. So it's now clear -- detectives wanted to know what Murray had been saying to Alvarez for two months before and two months after the singer's death. Cops say in the warrant, "During the course of the investigation [the lead detective] also learned that Dr. Murray made numerous telephone calls to Nicole Alvarez leading up to and including the day Jackson died."

The affidavit mentions a "shipment" that Murray may have discussed with Alvarez. As TMZ first reported, cops believe Dr. Murray had propofol delivered from a Las Vegas pharmacy to Alvarez' Santa Monica apartment.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0jKS1KORS

Drug Stash Found at Michael Jackson's

Drug Stash Found at Michael Jackson's

Posted Mar 26th 2010 7:10PM by TMZ Staff
A newly-released search warrant details what cops found at Michael Jackson's home in the wake of his death -- and the list is long. It includes:

0326_conrad_mj_bn.jpg

- 3 - 10 mg/ml 1% lydocaine vials (2 empty, 1 3/4 full)
- 1 empty bottle propofol 200 mg
- 1 pulse monometer
- 1 empty vial lorazepam 4 mg
- 2 empty vials midazolam 10mg
- 1 empty vial propofol 1g/100ml
- 1 black nylon bag
- 1 dark blue costco bag
- 1 light blue canvas bag
- 1 pill bottle with 13 tablets containing 25 mg ephedrine, 200 mg caffeine, 80 mg aspirin
- 4 vials propofol 200mg/20ml
- 2 vials 5 mg flumazenil
- 1 vial lorazepam
- 1 vial lidocane
- 200mg vials of propofol (1 full, 1 1/4 full)
- 1 empty bag I.V. drip of sodium chloride with syringe
- 1 ziplock baggy containing 18 tubes of Benoquin

Note that one of the items seized was a canvas bag. Bodyguard Alberto Alvarez told cops Dr. Murray told him to put vials of propofol in a plastic bag and put that bag in a canvas bag.

Med Board Investigators -- Conrad Murray Lied

Med Board Investigators -- Conrad Murray Lied

Posted Mar 26th 2010 6:14PM by TMZ Staff
Investigators for the Nevada State Board of Medical Examiners have filed a formal complaint against Dr. Conrad Murray for allegedly lying ... but not in the Michael Jackson case ... according to documents obtained by TMZ.

According to the complaint, on June 13, 2007 and again on June 19, 2009, Dr. Murray applied for renewal of his medical license. One of the questions: "Are you out of compliance with court ordered child support?" In both cases Dr. Murray "answered in the negative" -- meaning he said he did not owe any child support.

According to the Medical Board investigators, in June, 2007 Dr. Murray owed $7,255.86 and in June, 2009 he owed $10,131.05.

Bottom line -- investigators say Dr. Murray lied.

You'll recall Dr. Murray was in legal hot water over back child support last year, but dodged a bullet when he became current.

The complaint makes no mention of Michael Jackson's death.

Investigators are asking the Medical Board to "determine what sanctions it determines to impose for the violations ... committed by Respondent."

Re: Med Board Investigators -- Conrad Murray Lied

I mean I think they should get him any way they can, but what about the lies he told in connection with MJ and the lies of omission. I mean surely they have more weight? Ugh!

when you think about it as the MJ incident happened in California, Nevada cannot directly use that. They would probably need a criminal conviction and/or California revoking Murray's licence first.

It looks like they are after Murray on a technicality but still IMO it is good. Perhaps they can get a suspension and/or fee etc.

Oh yeah, I wasn't paying attention to that. I read that but it didn't register. But like I said, any way they can get him, by all means.

This is good, I think. The Medical Boards are starting to feel the pressure and in turn are putting it on Murray.

Re: Drug Stash Found at Michael Jackson's

radar online has a more detailed list

After a search of Michael Jackson’s home—the following drugs and medical paraphernalia were found:

1 box star line blood pressure cuffs

3 - 10 mg/ml 1% lydocaine vials (2 empty, 1 3/4 full)
1 empty bottle propofol 200 mg
I pulse monometer
1 empty vial lorazepam 4 mg

Outer wrappings for catheter
2 empty vials midazolam 10mg
1 empty I.V. 9% sodium chloride

1 empty vial propofol 1g/100ml
1 black nylon bag
1 dark blue costco bag

1 vial propofol 200 mg
1 light blue canvas bag

1 tube Bg-KA_RA .025%

1 vial lydocaine
1 pill bottle with 13 tablets containing 25 mg ephedrine, 200 mg caffeine, 80 mg aspirin

5 business cards in the name of Dr. Conrad Murray

1 bottle Bausch and Lomb eyedrops
4 vials propofol 200mg/20ml
2 vials 5 mg flumazenil

1 vial 10 mg midazolam

1 vial lorazepam

1 vial lidocane

2-100ml vials of propofol
2- 200mg vials of propofol (1 full, 1 1/4 full)
1-1/2 vial of lorazepam
1-1/2 vial of flumazenil .5mg
1 empty vial of 10mg midazolam
1 empty bag I.V. drip of sodium chloride with syringe

1 ziplock baggy containing 18 tubes of Benoquin 20%

Re: Drug Stash Found at Michael Jackson's

why the media reporting on this as if its new we knew this months back. just cause a new warrant gets released they dont have to report on it. especially when all they are doing is re-reporting the same thing they reported on months back. talk about quiet news day

Back