am i the only who saw some mj influence at the VMa's

billyworld99

Proud Member
ok the stage prop was very beatiful with all the changing colors and moving shape something i picture mj would do

usher with his dancing and the top of his jacket

then justin bieber's jacket looked very similar to the jacket that mj wears in thriller when he walking the girl in the beginning without the letter m on it of course, then take his glasses off slowly and had some military type dance in his performances with the side moonwalking then he brought children to the stage

yes I noticed those things too....but..I found it to be a terrible show. I kept waiting for Michael to come out....:(.....actually I was kind of depressed during the show.

also Ellen was interviewing Bieber and she asked him why he had tapes on his fingers. Bieber said that it's because Michael Jackson used to do that.

...and it's going to give him Michael's magic. Come on. It's okay too use look-a-like jackets 'cause he is an icon and etc. but using the tape it's like using the glove or the socks or something like that, it's Michael's trademark. My opinion

also Ellen was interviewing Bieber and she asked him why he had tapes on his fingers. Bieber said that it's because Michael Jackson used to do that.

Ok there's paying tribute and then there's just ripping off and Justin Bieber is border line ripping off in my opinion.

The thing is... Michael influenced the whole music industry - there is no single artist who hasn't been influenced by him: when it comes to the music, to how to stage the show, dance moves or whatever. And... IMO, Michael created MTV, I mean the old, good MTV which aired music, not some not always clever series;)

i didn't even watch the show, and i knew that was going on. and will be for the next forty years or so.

Ugh, those shows are so boring. Thsose shows lost the excitement it used to have back in the 80's and 90's. Some people now are in costumes and clowing for attention. Being disrespectful and well boring in their performances. I don't give them the air time ratings and when you dont, they get the message.

They give awards to everyone now. All I hope is that they give the vanguard award its rightful name back. Its about time that this disrespect ends.

Lady Gaga now has more VMA's than MJ just saying........... i think that says it all about the state of music and also videos today.

THIS is what doesn't make any sense to me.....Michael, who was the KING of music videos and EVERYONE knows that...and Gaga now has more VMA's for her shitty videos? I love her music, and her voice, but I cannot stand her videos, which are pointless and just plain weird for my liking, and she's winning awards for them? Whatever....

I don't take the VMA seriously. The fact that Lady Gaga has more VMA awards than Michael told me VMA totally lost its significance.

I did a quick research and found that Thriller didn't win video of the year. Come on now, how could the most successful and greatest video of all time didn't win video of the year? In fact, none of Michael's videos won video of the year. Black or White didn't win anything. Remember the Time didn't win anything. Bad didn't win anything. TWYMMF didn't win anything. Smooth Criminal didn't win anything.

Most of Michael's videos are groundbreaking and serve as inspirations to many artists today. Yet, VMA awarded video like Bad Romance, which IMHO is nowhere near Michael's level and ignored the true classics. :doh:

let's take this with a grain of salt guys, which would you perfer to win an award from a music channel that no longer revelant really or to be known in history as the greatest entertainer who influenced and shaped the industry with his music and shortlfilms that inspired 5 generations in a Row!!! including these artists out today and from years to come

Last edited:
let's tkae this with a grain of salt which would you perfer to win a award from a music channel that no longer revelant really or to be know in history as the greatest entertained who influence and shaped the industry with his music and shortlfilms that inspired 5 generations in a Row!!! including these artists out today and from years to come

EXACTLY! :clapping:

let's tkae this with a grain of salt which would you perfer to win a award from a music channel that no longer revelant really or to be know in history as the greatest entertained who influence and shaped the industry with his music and shortlfilms that inspired 5 generations in a Row!!! including these artists out today and from years to come

agreed. none of the award shows is credible these days, not even the grammy's.

let HIStory tells us the truth! Michael Jackson's contributions will forever be remembered. :clapping:

Usher and justin bieber are trying to win michael jackson fans... but they are personally anoying me now... always referencing michael jackson always copying his dance moves!

Is no one else getting irritated by this?

Since Mikes death there has been an explosion of people that are taking a leaf out of his book and shows how much influence michael truly has had :O) All those people who at one point were huge Mj fans at one point,and then hippocritically turned their back on him when it became cool to diss him, have joined back in and mtv are jumping back on the mj bandwagon It's the old saying of "you don't know what you've got til it's gone" and Mj "made" MTV what it is today :punk:

Last edited:
I really would have loved more if this explosion of love/respect for Michael had happened before June 25 and not now. :( Now, it's beautiful, but... :cry: *big sigh*

At least you, me and everybody on his fansites have always had love and respect for him whatever has been said:angel:

Arklove, Michael Jackson IS the King of Pop for all time! Everyone around the world knows, accepts and honours this truth! EVERY artist in the world is influenced by him and this shows in their work. I like it when I see them try to copy (though unsuccessfully)some of his extremely popular style but the truth is NO one can ever come near King Michael Jackson's out of the world magic, brilliance and genius! But I really don't like it when ithey mitate things like the sinlge glove or the fingertapes or some of Mike's signature mooves like the one he does towards the end of the 'They don't care about us' video(Rio version). Michael has been a visionary who'd think way ahead of his time, but to imitate his extremely personal, signature moves that make them so AWESOME only because Michael Jackson created and performed them, now that's when I wanna go slap these guys for being such uncreative copycats!

Last edited:
Is it just me who really wanted to throw stone on my screen when I saw that bieber kid performing????Why do they ever air such things??I watched it for like 15 minutes and I was soo depressed to see all that non sense.What'swrong with people now a days,I mean for them anything is music.I don't get it,I hate to complain but whenever I tune in VH-1 they just kinda boil my blood:doh:

VMA's sucked big time and they will continue to until MTV get back real greats on their show.Not just kids who can't even copy perfectly,ya bieber fans really have my pity and sympathy.:yes:

Yeah I hated Usher's performance, it was SOOOOOOOOO MICHAEL!!! :yuck:

Usher's performances are always full of MJ references, but I see no harm in it. I'd be more worried if no one would be interested and no one would be passing MJ's moves on.

Oh and by the way, to make Usher's performance even more "Michaelish", did you know Timor Steffens was one of the background dancers there? :)

Usher and justin bieber are trying to win michael jackson fans... but they are personally anoying me now... always referencing michael jackson always copying his dance moves!

Is no one else getting irritated by this?

To be honest with you, no it does not irritate me. In my opinion there's more serious things to get irritated by than Usher and Justin Bieber copying MJ moves. Besides if I were a performer like they are I would probably be copying his moves too :D

"Every poet is a thief" With that being said...Artists take from other artists,but no one these days put their own 'Stamp' on their creative work,their art. They just copy as best they can from another - Wanna be Carbon copies. Maybe they are scared to be orginal? It does take alot of courage as an artist to really show your soul - your art and be real. I hope to see unique art coming soon from people who have the courage to do so.

then justin bieber's jacket looked very similar to the jacket that mj wears in thriller when he walking the girl in the beginning without the letter m on it of course, then take his glasses off slowly and had some military type dance in his performances with the side moonwalking then he brought children to the stage

I was really trying to brush everything off until he did this, taking the shades off very slowly as the crowd goes wild. I was like WTF??????!!!! That's when I lost it, lmao.

The Bieb's and others are bordering on that fine line of Inspiration and Imitation. It's great to be inspired, but make it your own. Michael took those inspirations from the legends before him and made it his own!!!

I don't take the VMA seriously. The fact that Lady Gaga has more VMA awards than Michael told me VMA totally lost its significance.

I did a quick research and found that Thriller didn't win video of the year. Come on now, how could the most successful and greatest video of all time didn't win video of the year? In fact, none of Michael's videos won video of the year. Black or White didn't win anything. Remember the Time didn't win anything. Bad didn't win anything. TWYMMF didn't win anything. Smooth Criminal didn't win anything.

Most of Michael's videos are groundbreaking and serve as inspirations to many artists today. Yet, VMA awarded video like Bad Romance, which IMHO is nowhere near Michael's level and ignored the true classics. :doh:

It is true and sad, I enterely subscribe. :doh:

I didn't watch the show neither.
Sounds that VMA counts less quality and classical-type messages and bets on something else... maybe sales, votes of too many disfunctional guys from the jury, originality until there is nothing left from the real life, dense and too exhausting kitsch... They've lost me right from the start!

What bothers me the most is that those awarded videos contain such a crowd of scary, suffocating, hopeless sugesstions (now I am too kind...) and after the first reaction (which is NOT a pleasure, au contraire!), the natural reaction of the brain and subconscient is to FORGET the messages as fast as it can! In other words, they crown those videos that we insist to forget!!!... :no:

Last edited:
Back