Analysis of Keep Your Head Up And Breaking Dawn!

smoothcriminal12

Proud Member
IMPORTANT : comparative analysis of "Keep Your Head Up" and "Break of Dawn" by a scientific expert in signal processing and conclusions .

Good evening again everyone,This comparative analysis and its conclusions are published by 'JOY', a Michael's fan, on the MJFrance.com's website (French fans club), here below the translation :

'I entrusted the comparative analysis of ‘Keep Your Head Up’ and ‘Break of Dawn’ to a scientific expert in signal processing, its conclusions are follows: - Regarding ‘Keep your head up’, the cutoff frequency is (Very strange) to 11 khz while much of the energy Michael Jackson's voice was at frequencies between 12 and 14 Khz. - The characteristic spectral lines of Jackson's voice doesn’t found in ‘Keep your head up’. - This recording (‘keep your head up’) has the meaning of frequency term a rectangular form which suggests the possible use speech synthesizers. - We can not find anywhere rays at 7.5 khz, or lines at 5 khz, or lines at 12.5 khz or at 13.1 khz lines... characteristics of the true voice of Jackson. - Conversely, the frequencies appear at 4.1 kHz, at 8.5 kHz, at 10.2 kHz, at 12.2 kHz (even if it was very artificially vert attenuated) that the real Michael Jackson did not use.

This analysis was done using the method of 'FFT' (Hamming’s method, at 65.5 khz).

The conclusions are that 80% of risks that it isn’t Michael Jackson who sings on ‘Keep your head up’, and the idea suggestiving vocal synthesis, in addition to an imitator in the choruses, is quite plausible.'

================================================== =

The original post: http://www.maximum-jackson.com/discu...&postcount=629

I don't need a scientist to tell me if this is Michael or not. I HAVE EARS.
My ears tell me that Keep Your Head Up IS Michael Jackson.

I don't need a scientist to tell me if this is Michael or not. I HAVE EARS.
My ears tell me that Keep Your Head Up IS Michael Jackson.
Yeeees, but if some of us use this logic to say that we don't hear Michael Jackson, it's apparently not enough and we need "proof"...which is what we *could* have right here.

No way that test could be anywhere near as accurate as what Sony had done, so I won't believe the Cascio tracks are fake unless someone provides FACTUAL PROOF.

More lies from the french I am afraid.

Where did this guy (if he even exits - which I doubt) get hold of the master recordings to compare the recordings.

Sorry this is made up shit trying to look 'official', posted by desperate people, nothing more.

No way that test could be anywhere near as accurate as what Sony had done, so I won't believe the Cascio tracks are fake unless someone provides FACTUAL PROOF.

No offense, but Sony/Estate hasn't shown us any analysis. At least this French fan has shared with us his technical findings. So technically speaking, it's Sony/Estate's turn to show some real, scientific, and tangible proof.

People are so ridiculous. Sony used scientific experts and people who doubted the tracks were saying, "Oh, but they are paid by Sony", "They could be lying", "Who are the people", etc, etc.

Now some nameless person from a French board says something which some of those same people want to believe and all of a sudden we have credible proof. We don't know this person from Adam. And at the end of the day, they are no more credible (or even less credible depending on what Sony's experts had to work with) than the experts Sony hired since we have not seen their official analysis just the resulkts from them.

I really wish people would stop trying to change people's minds and stir up contention with baseless and unfounded posts. No "scientific" data from either side is going to convince people that they hear or do not hear something that they have already made up their mind is or is not there.

Sony must have used a different machine, they mantains is MJ. We must eat the Album as it is.

Some are so quick to dismiss. I wager that even proof (if it exists) would be dismissed.

I do not want to eat this album.

No offense, but Sony/Estate hasn't shown us any analysis. At least this French fan has shared with us his technical findings. So technically speaking, it's Sony/Estate's turn to show some real, scientific, and tangible proof.
They don't need to provide us with proof. Why would a company that big cater to the wishes of a small group of doubters, when the people who worked with MJ confirmed that it's him?

great, now you guys have real proof on your hands and you can take it to court. good luck!

No, it's time for all of you non-believer's to hire a lawyer and SUE. At that point, it would be Sony/the Estate's turn to provide proof. They have no reason or obligation to do so until that happens.

(I hope whoever sues has a big checkbook ready to cover Sony/Estate's legal fees...)

On a serious note, if anyone can contact this 'JOY' person, could they request that:

- A 'baseline' is established to validate the approach/method, by comparing, say, 10 legit MJ songs
- The full results are documented in detail

If this is to be taken seriously, it needs to be scientifically coherent and fully documented. Otherwise it's a waste of time.

Some are so quick to dismiss. I wager that even proof (if it exists) would be dismissed.

I do not want to eat this album.

"Proof"?

Give me the 'scientists' (LOL) name and I will contact him to check his credentials. He's probably a close relative of the 'CEO' of the 'Michael Is Fake' camapign.

Pleeeasse!

"Proof"?

Give me the 'scientists' (LOL) name and I will contact him to check his credentials. He's probably a close relative of the 'CEO' of the 'Michael Is Fake' camapign.

Pleeeasse!

The only people who are going to be conducting this analysis are likely to be those who have a vested interest and are biased one way or another. Therefore as much information as possible is required.

so he is doing his tests on a mp3 song with music and choir? unless he have the vocal track to compare no one would buy what he says.

"Proof"?

Pleeeasse!

He obviously meant if proof exists out there(other than this, which imo ain't really proof) that it would still be dismissed by some people.

Analysis? Hahahahaha! :hysterical:

This so-called analysis from wannabe expert is bunch of crap. I'm not going to waste my time and knowledge arguing with anti-Michael crusaders but I encourage any person who actually cares -> show this "analysis" :rofl: to any real expert or just bring it to University and ask for help/explanation.
Cheers!

Gosh all these so called "experts" are doing my head in!

Why do people suddenly started trusting in Sony... I just can't understand.

I remember the days when we were all in the streets around the world together with Michael chanting "Sony Sucks"...

The vocals are so much questionable, so much. And there are lot's of respectable people questioning, doubting them like Rodney Jerkins, Quincy Jones, Taryll etc.

My ears are also telling me that it's not him. This French guy made a good job I guess.

I wish this goes to court immediately when the album is out. We really need a documented thorough analysis of the vocals, that's all.

You can hire 10 different vocal experts and you'll have 10 different results. This is not an absolute science, every song of MJ's is a little different. I think Break Of Dawn was a poor choice to compare it to. Michael's vocals were always changing and he used different styles for every song. Break of Dawn was recorded in a professional studio with a professional producer. The Cascio tracks were recorded in a small basement with a whole different producer. On top of that, they were unfinished. This really proves nothing, just an angry fan who is making conclusions based on their opinion.

Next!

Why do people suddenly started trusting in Sony... I just can't understand.

I remember the days when we were all in the streets around the world together with Michael chanting "Sony Sucks"...

The vocals are so much questionable, so much. And there are lot's of respectable people questioning, doubting them like Rodney Jerkins, Quincy Jones, Taryll etc.

My ears are also telling me that it's not him. This French guy made a good job I guess.

I wish this goes to court immediately when the album is out. We really need a documented thorough analysis of the vocals, that's all.

Don't concern yourself, this will not go to court.

It is one thing to talk absolute shite on forums like MJJFrance - where the 'sheep' who want to will follow you - but it is quite another to stand up and repeat the same shite in a Court of Law, where intelligent people will laugh at you.

This is turning into one big joke.

Whats turning into a joke? You're still quite angry people aren't embracing the same views as you Deano?

Look, I know I hold a different view about 3 tracks on the Michael album in comparison to yourself however I try to understand where you're coming from. I'll try to not get too emotional over the fact some will respond (complete with caps-lock and exclamation marks!) letting me know that i'm a hater or i'm not as intelligent as some.

Slightly unrelated, but all this debate reminds me of this image below and how i've noticed it in various places as an actual Michael Jackson picture:

Send-clones-jackson.web.jpg

I've seen it:
- Used as the main picture on a Michael Jackson collectors frame (i'm sure it was for Bad or Smooth Criminal).
- Was on a small shrine in my city around Michael's death with flowers and messages of love to Michael after he passed. (I actually felt like telling the girl who put it up but couldn't bring myself to tell her).
- On a large Michael Jackson Facebook fanpage that was also created when Michael passed. There we actual comments of people arguing over the authenticity of the picture in the photo gallery.

Ahh... to be human.

Back