Anyone been to the O2 Exhibition?

I'm going to be in London from 5 dec to 13 dec... i'll by the tickets there, as you have sayd... but what is the more confortable way to go to the O2.. by bus, tube?!?!?! an the price is 15 £..isn't it?!?!?

Last edited:
I'm going to be in London from 5 dec to 13 dec... i'll by the tickets there, as you have sayd... but what is the more confortable way to go to the O2.. by bus, tube?!?!?! an the price is 15 £..isn't it?!?!?

Tube definately. Get yourself a day ticket and you can get pretty much anywhere depending on which zones you opt for. The O2 is in Zone 2 and is really easy to get too :D

I have been a few times. Just to let you know they do change the exhibits. Fundamentally the same but stuff does go then other stuff in its place. Only little here and there changes.

The shop is expensive, people wander round it but dont buy much. However I did get a few things for my daughter for christmas pressies, my fav is the mj bracelet.

Tube all the way. Its soooo much quicker than the bus.

ummm we went on Saturday and the Jubile line was closed.
The only one that actually gets there.
We took DLR change on East India Station and the boat for free from there (replacement for tube). it was ok :)
Word of advice: check if tube is running whenever you thinking about going!

We took DLR change on East India Station and the boat for free from there (replacement for tube). it was ok :)

That's a point actually. Always check the times! You can get the 188 bus or as you said do the DLR. On the day go to www.tfl.gov.uk where you can check what's running and the journey planner will tell you an alternative route if there is any engineering work going on.

i went to this yesterday, bittersweet....
i went with my mum, sister and baby nephew. he loved all the lights and sparkles :) he really wanted the lma rocket lol in the shop i bought the exhibition program, this is it program, an mj crown charm bracelet and a pin set. i felt so bad buying the stuff, but i wanted a reminder.

I'm going to be in London on Thursday so I'm going to go then most likely. Going in January for the meet up though as well.

Is the exhibition programme any good??? They didn't have it at the shop when i went last month but i've had a look on the official shop and it costs about £18 inc delivery :doh:.

I know i'll end up buying it :)D) but is it worth it???

I was there on saturday.. :) OMG we were there for 2 hours just starring and starring and really analyzing every detail in his costumes haha
and we touched most things!
in the end.. a sequrity guard came and watched us.. when he turned away..I touched the leave me alone plane thing... then I touched it again a few moments later and he looked straight at me, I was like OH SH*T.. but he just smiled and walked away hahaha
crazy

Im going on saturday i cant wait, Does anyone know more about the costumes that are there? Im guessing all the tour ones are genuine (although i am sure that he didnt use the same bad tour shirt for the whole of the second leg :p so there is probs plenty more floating arround out there). Is the remember the time one from the video, or from a live performance? or simply a replica? Smooth criminal outfit is it the one from the original video or the TII green screen? And which gloves are on display, the original one from 1983 or just one from a tour? I realise that the organisers of the exhibition may not have all this information but its driving me mad with curiosity :p

I took the Thames Clipper from London Bridge Pier...it only takes 30 mins and is quite restful. Came back at twilight and the city views from the river reminded me of the 'Smooth Criminal ' night cityscape.
You can get a 30% or so discount on Clipper tickets if you have an all day travel card.

I was there on saturday.. :) OMG we were there for 2 hours just starring and starring and really analyzing every detail in his costumes haha
and we touched most things!
in the end.. a sequrity guard came and watched us.. when he turned away..I touched the leave me alone plane thing... then I touched it again a few moments later and he looked straight at me, I was like OH SH*T.. but he just smiled and walked away hahaha
crazy

I TOUCHED IT TOO!
i couldnt resist.
Just got back, it was amazing. Its just so strange thinking that I was standing inches away from things he has worn and touched. Couldn't help but have a little cry, especially in the this is it section :(
Then spent over £100 of my mums money in the shop! It's all going away for Christmas though. That and the opus will be pretty much all i get. It's going to be a very MJ christmas!
Anyway I would definately recommend the exhibition, was much bigger than i expected and an absoloutely fascinating experience.

It truly is amazing. I went on Wednesday and the exhibition is HUGE! I was on my own and spent an hour and a half just gawking at the stuff. Tried to touch the gold pants but security kept looking at me! I recommend anyone go and I'm looking forward to seeing it again with MJJCers in Jan. The end had me tearing up though when they had a video and signing the condolence books, which will be sent to Michael's family. I found a whole page and wrote a mini essay!

I agree - the exhibition is amazing - I don't want to spoil it for anyone but there is one very small very personal touch towards the end which made me cry - it kinda reminds you that after all this king of pop title, there was a human being :-(

Also, just so you are aware, because photos are banned there will be a brochure but they have not finished printing it yet - at some point within the next two weeks it will be available in the shop and online.

Yeah, I know what you mean. It totally broke my heart and had me in floods of tears but at the same time it is touching.

I TOUCHED IT TOO!
i couldnt resist.
Just got back, it was amazing. Its just so strange thinking that I was standing inches away from things he has worn and touched. Couldn't help but have a little cry, especially in the this is it section :(
Then spent over £100 of my mums money in the shop! It's all going away for Christmas though. That and the opus will be pretty much all i get. It's going to be a very MJ christmas!
Anyway I would definately recommend the exhibition, was much bigger than i expected and an absoloutely fascinating experience.

I touched it too! I got up really close, checked around for security and then a guy standing next to me said "Are you going to try and touch it?" I looked really guilty and said "yes, I really want to" and he said "yeah so do I, lets go for it" and we both touched it together :D

I went on Saturday and as soon as we walked into the 02, before we even got into the exhibition, I just burst into tears and my boyfriend asked why I was crying and I told him it was because we should have been seeing Michael live and instead we were seeing the exhibition, it made me feel so sad. Then I started crying again when the video started in the actual exhibition bit.

I did really enjoy the exhibition tho, spent all my christmas money in the shop and had to restrain myself from spending more! I really want to go again, so hopefully I can make it to the meet up in January :)

Is the exhibition programme any good??? They didn't have it at the shop when i went last month but i've had a look on the official shop and it costs about £18 inc delivery :doh:.

I know i'll end up buying it :)D) but is it worth it???

Any one get the program and can scan a few pages? I was at the exhibit in November and there wasn't a program in the shop then, but since I'm SUCH A LOSER, I feel as though I must have one. :cheeky: I just wanna know what's inside of it before I shell out my money.

Any one get the program and can scan a few pages? I was at the exhibit in November and there wasn't a program in the shop then, but since I'm SUCH A LOSER, I feel as though I must have one. :cheeky: I just wanna know what's inside of it before I shell out my money.

basically it is a glossy book (bigger than the this is it programme) full of pics and info on the items being exhibited. unfortunately i don't have a scanner sorry :( but i can take some pics tomorrow if anyone is interested.

OOoh i'd love to see some pictures of the brochure please :D

Is it worth £18 (which is what they are charging inc p&p :bugeyed)

OOoh i'd love to see some pictures of the brochure please :D

Is it worth £18 (which is what they are charging inc p&p :bugeyed)

I didn't buy it, had a long look through it though, but when you take into account the price of programmes when you see anything these days then its worth the price. You cant get a programme for less than a tenner now.

Can someone please give me the details for the meet up in Jan. I was going to go again in a couple of weeks time but would be great to go with all of you instead. When are you all meeting up and what time?? x

Back