Anyone else not excited, rather sad about This Is It movie?

There's a part of me that feels like I would be almost betraying Michael if I saw this movie. I always picture rehearsals as such a private thing to michael. He was such a perfectionist, and always wanted the best for his fans, so to see him still trying to master certain things, makes me feel like I'm prying into his privacy or something.

I understand, Michael was a top class entertainer, the best! And we've only ever seen perfection from him. Even then, he always thought something could be improved. Yes he was a perfectionist, but I'm trying to think of it differently now. Him not being with us physically, and this being his last works for his fans...would he want us to be left with at least SOME of TII, even if its just a fraction of what would have been? I personally think yes.

I really, really know that probably won't make sense to a lot of people, and I know I should be happy that I am being given the opportunity to see what he created for us, but I just feel too guilty or something. Everytime i see the trailer, or a picture or something, it hurts too much.

Ditto, the pain has risen again. I don't think I've dealt with his passing at all, and now TII is making it all surface up. I'm really struggling -_-

I really thought I had dealt with my grief and moved on a little, but as this movie comes closer, I am just feeling like June 25 all over again :(

I am in exactly the same boat. I somehow thought I was over the worst of the grieving. But it feels like I'm in shock all over again. I'm having trouble sleeping, and the trailer.....I can barely get through the trailer yet I'm watching the film in 3 days time :doh:

I am like a rollercoaster....I don't know if I can watch this film yet but I have no choice I've bought the tickets already... at least I'm seeing it with 40 fellow fans together...I need em!

actually, I think that going to see this movie, is going to help my depression alot more! =) I think the more I talk about it here with you lovely ppl, and the more I see the Jackson family on tv: Latoya, Katherine, etc... and the more poetry I write, it really is helping me cope. I have to thank alot of ppl here for that as well. But I know I am going to cry- just not as much as I was expecting to.

I just made a thread about this under TII. I'm feeling such an array of emotions right now it's not even funny. I'm a little excited, but gutted and sad. I'm sort of happy, but also scared; super nervous, super confused, super unsure, super nauseated and having some extreme anxiety, while honestly starting to dread going... I wish I could just be happy and excited to see his wonderful and brilliant work. I want it so badly. I'm just so worried I won't be able to enjoy it... It's 14 hours away now and I. have. no. idea. what. to. expect. from the movie or from myself...
I'm so emotionally high strung at this moment - just pulled really taut - My heart's pounding and I'm choked up crying on and off.
I just literally feel sick right now.

i've never felt like this before. im scared and i feel like a lost child.
there are moments when i feel excited for a second, but it's only a shadow of the past, like we are used to become excited about Michael's projects but then i remember what happened and my heart sinks.
today's morning i was going to work and saw these posters all around. and i thought to myself "this is the last time i see Michael's posters everywhere... never again i will see it again" i remembered Dangerous tour posters and HIStory tour posters and then Blood on the dancefloor posters for the 2d part of the HIStory tour... never again...
it's just sooo wrong...
i feel so sick, so bad... i so understand each of you guys...

I was so looking forward to seeing the film, but as Friday approaches I'm really wobbly. I just know I'm going to lose it within a minute of the film starting. I want to see it so badly but I kind of don't because it will be so painful. God sometimes this still seems like a nightmare that can't be happening. Hugs to everyone this week. xx

You should see it. For me, it was a huge help in the grieving process. It made me feel a lot better. I still miss him (in fact probably more now), but I don't feel so sick about his passing because I got to see him happy and doing what he loved in his final days.

How long was the rehearsal? It wasn't from June 22-24 ? What day did it start and end?

Back